OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever seen the interview that Clint gave? First thing I thought was this guy is a weirdo. I agree he tried on purpose to paint Brian in a bad light. Far as the exits, I am almost positive that all of them were covered by cameras either from cameras on them directly or from across the street from other buildings.

I want to say that having been there doesn't make me an expert on the building and layout but when I walked into the bar you really get a different sense of things. The bar itself takes up about half of the space and it's not some big night club that people might imagine. I remember thinking how in the hell did he get out of here with out being seen! If you have read my theory then you know how I believe he did.

Oh, here's little story. Couple years ago I was sitting at a starbucks about 3 hours away from Columbus at a big table with a couple friends and there is a girl sitting near us. We were talking about Brian's case and she looks over and says I used to go to that bar all the time. She said she graduated from OSU and just as you guys probably already guessed she didn't really have anything to add to what I already knew. :( Thought it was a big coincidence and had to mention.

I would really appreciate if you can send a link to the interview with Clint if it's possible, I am very curious to watch in the interview.

I would like to hear your theory how do you think Brian left the Bar. It's amazing how someone disappear in such Circumstances and 12 years after there is still no Closure and no justice.

Brian went with friends to the pub, he was in good spirit and he was friendly, talking to the girls and to the band members , he was looking forward to ask the love of his life to be his fiance , a person like that doesn't suddenly decide to leave the bar , start a new life and never contact his family and his girlfriend and cause them agony , when a person vanished in such circumstances he probably met a foul play.

Clint who was supposed to be his best friend , instead of doing everything to help the police he just took a Lawyer? a good friend is going to corporate with the police every time they need to, a good friend will put flyers of his missing friend and will try to publish this case in every social media and keep contact with Brian family, is Clint did that? no he didn't,his actions make him very possible suspect.

Brian probably was killed at the same night and in my opinion there are 2 options , Clint is responsible or at least he know why Brian was killed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the police see Clint as a suspect, I wish there were within the law some legal tools to put some pressure on Clint ,if there were such options then I think this heartbreaking case Had been solved years ago.

I don't wish anyone "Good" friends like Clint.
https://www.thelantern.com/2009/04/is-brian-shaffer-alive/
Is Brian Shaffer alive?

By Drew Sullivan: Drew Sullivan April 12, 2009
Brian’s brother, Derek, is the last surviving member of the immediate family. His father, Randy, died on Sept. 14, 2008, when a tree limb fell on him outside his house during a windstorm. Derek’s mother died of cancer three weeks before Brian went missing.

In a phone interview last week, Derek Shaffer said he was not asked to take a polygraph but that his father took and passed one. Derek Shaffer also said he thinks it’s odd that Clint has refused to take any polygraphs.

“As soon as the detective started getting involved, that’s when he pretty much had no contact with anybody,” Derek Shaffer said. “I’ve always thought he definitely knows something – just won’t come forward with it.

“If Brian did take off somewhere, if that is the case, we just always had a strong feeling that Clint would possibly know that.”

Shaffer’s girlfriend at the time, Alexis Waggoner, also thinks Florence knows something he doesn’t want to tell. But her opinion regarding Shaffer’s whereabouts now is different than Derek’s.

“I don’t think he’s alive,” Waggoner said. “I can’t imagine he would have just done that.”

Alexis Waggoner’s father, Tom Waggoner, participated in the search for Shaffer in 2006. During that period he became acquainted with Florence.

“The gist of my perspective on Clint Florence is that I think that basically all roads to making any progress on the case on Brian Shaffer lead through Clint Florence,” Tom Waggoner said.

https://www.thelantern.com/2009/04/is-brian-shaffer-alive/
Is Brian Shaffer alive?

By Drew Sullivan: Drew Sullivan April 12, 2009

Thank you very much for the Articles dotr , from the articles it seems that everyone see in Clint as someone who has the knowledge why Brian is Missing, I think that after Brian disappearance Clint who was hiding behind the Lawyer also hoped that
as long as there is no concrete evidence against him he will escape from justice,
Unfortunately his bet to remain silent and not cooperate Succeeded for 12 years but it's never to late for justice and he may face justice one day even if he is certain that he managed to escape from that after all these years.

I would really appreciate if you can send a link to the interview with Clint if it's possible, I am very curious to watch in the interview.

I would like to hear your theory how do you think Brian left the Bar. It's amazing how someone disappear in such Circumstances and 12 years after there is still no Closure and no justice.

I'll look for the interview. It's kind of short but for some reason Clint tries his best to emphasize about how much Brian was drinking and how he hits on girls.

Can you do a search of my posts? I don't have many and it's the one that's really long. lol

I'll look for the interview. It's kind of short but for some reason Clint tries his best to emphasize about how much Brian was drinking and how he hits on girls.

Can you do a search of my posts? I don't have many and it's the one that's really long. lol

Great , thanks :smile:,I hope the interview is still online.
I saw the excellent pictures that you uploaded, I will search in your posts to find you theory regarding how Brian got out from the Bar

I don't see Clint killing Brian. He certainly could not have done it in the bar. Some have suggested Clint waited for Brian to come home then killed him.. If that's the case then we would have to dismiss the fact that Brian not seen leaving the bar is not relevant to the case and I can't imagine that at all.

Snipped.

Clint very well may have killed Brian. Others have suggested that Clint may have been sexually obsessed with Brian.

Picture this: Clint has been lusting after Brian for years, and now that Brian's mother has died, Clint thinks to himself, "Brian is vulnerable now and is open to being comforted by someone; I could be that someone." At some point during the evening, the two friends are sitting at a table in one of the bars, and Brian confides in Clint, telling him that he isn't sure that he (Brian) is ready to get married. Clint is ecstatic and thinks, "Time for me to make my move--it's now or never." He says, "I'm here for you Brian--I've always been here," and runs his hand up Brian's thigh while leaning in to kiss him on the mouth. Brian is completely freaked out and gets as far away from Clint as possible. He has no idea how to process what just happened, but then he remembers that it's April Fool's Day and convinces himself it was a joke--or maybe he knew about Clint's sexual proclivities but blames Clint's behavior on the alcohol. Later in the evening, at The Angry Tuna, Clint pulls Brian aside to talk about what happened, asking him to step outside through the service entrance leading to the construction site so they can have some privacy. Brian agrees because he mistakenly thinks that Clint is going to apologize, but Clint is thinking, "He needed a moment, but now he'll give in." As soon as they get to the construction area, Clint makes another pass at Brian, attempting to kiss him. Brian is appalled and goes off on Clint, perhaps calling him some derogatory names, not hiding his complete and utter disgust. Clint is humiliated and attacks Brian on the spot, hitting him on the head with something left at the site, such as a two-by-four, or maybe just pummeling him with his bare fists. Clint's rage dissipates after a moment, but it's too late: Brian is already dead. Clint thinks fast, wrapping Brian in a tarp that he finds at the scene and heaving Brian into a construction dumpster. Hiding his homosexuality for years has made Clint a good actor, so he reenters the bar and rejoins his female friend as if nothing happened, pretending to be looking for Brian. After the bar closes, Clint heads to Brian's apartment in an attempt to further present himself as baffled by Brian's disappearance. The oddness of his behavior makes some people suspicious, but luck is on Clint's side in that the construction dumpster is emptied early Saturday morning, before Brian has officially been reported missing.

That's only one way things could have gone down, but some variation of that chain of events is Occam's razor in this case.

I agree with Ozoner. Clint being the killer cannot be excluded. Had he acted differently, he might have not been such a good suspect, but unfortunately, he is a suspect & a very good one. But if he did indeed kill Brian, why didn't he put on a nice face and at least pretend that he cared?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snipped.

Clint very well may have killed Brian. Others have suggested that Clint may have been sexually obsessed with Brian.

Picture this: Clint has been lusting after Brian for years, and now that Brian's mother has died, Clint thinks to himself, "Brian is vulnerable now and is open to being comforted by someone; I could be that someone." At some point during the evening, the two friends are sitting at a table in one of the bars, and Brian confides in Clint, telling him that he isn't sure that he (Brian) is ready to get married. Clint is ecstatic and thinks, "Time for me to make my move--it's now or never." He says, "I'm here for you Brian--I've always been here," and runs his hand up Brian's thigh while leaning in to kiss him on the mouth. Brian is completely freaked out and gets as far away from Clint as possible. He has no idea how to process what just happened, but then he remembers that it's April Fool's Day and convinces himself it was a joke--or maybe he knew about Clint's sexual proclivities but blames Clint's behavior on the alcohol. Later in the evening, at The Angry Tuna, Clint pulls Brian aside to talk about what happened, asking him to step outside through the service entrance leading to the construction site so they can have some privacy. Brian agrees because he mistakenly thinks that Clint is going to apologize, but Clint is thinking, "He needed a moment, but now he'll give in." As soon as they get to the construction area, Clint makes another pass at Brian, attempting to kiss him. Brian is appalled and goes off on Clint, perhaps calling him some derogatory names, not hiding his complete and utter disgust. Clint is humiliated and attacks Brian on the spot, hitting him on the head with something left at the site, such as a two-by-four, or maybe just pummeling him with his bare fists. Clint's rage dissipates after a moment, but it's too late: Brian is already dead. Clint thinks fast, wrapping Brian in a tarp that he finds at the scene and heaving Brian into a construction dumpster. Hiding his homosexuality for years has made Clint a good actor, so he reenters the bar and rejoins his female friend as if nothing happened, pretending to be looking for Brian. After the bar closes, Clint heads to Brian's apartment in an attempt to further present himself as baffled by Brian's disappearance. The oddness of his behavior makes some people suspicious, but luck is on Clint's side in that the construction dumpster is emptied early Saturday morning, before Brian has officially been reported missing.

That's only one way things could have gone down, but some variation of that chain of events is Occam's razor in this case.

Wow! this is precisely what I wanted to write later today, word for word!
I totally agree with this theory and with all the details in your post.

Clint didn't take a lawyer just for fun, he did it so he can hide and escape from justice.
I think that the police has the same theory like you but they don't have the evidence.

I agree with Ozoner. Clint being the killer cannot be excluded. Had he acted differently, he might have not been such a good suspect, but unfortunately, he is a suspect & a very good one. But if he did indeed kill Brian, why didn't he put on a nice face and at least pretend that he cared?

There are people who can't pretend, similar to cases when the wife/Girlfriend is missing and the husband/ boyfriend doesn't seems bothered by this and does not make an effort to find out what happened, and in the end the husband/ boyfriend is the one who accused and convicted as the killer.
Clint just took the easy solution, he took a lawyer.

There are people who can't act and pretend, similar to cases when the wife/Girlfriend is missing and the husband/ boyfriend doesn't seems bothered by this and does not make an effort to find out what happened, and in the end the husband/ boyfriend is the one who accused and convicted as the killer.
Clint just took the easy solution, he took a lawyer.

Yes, true, and additionally, his behavior indicated indifference and apathy. If he isn't guilty, why would he say on TV that Brian was drinking a lot and doing his usual thing? How is this significant in getting your friend back if you care for them and want them to be found and return home safely? He had an opportunity to speak on TV, and that's what he said? Forget about the lawyer, this alone is sufficient to look more closely at him.

On top of this, he distances himself and never participates in efforts to look for his "friend". Guilty much?

Yes, true, and additionally, his behavior indicated indifference and apathy. If he isn't guilty, why would he say on TV that Brian was drinking a lot and doing his usual thing? How is this significant in getting your friend back if you care for them and want them to be found and return home safely? He had an opportunity to speak on TV, and that's what he said? Forget about the lawyer, this alone is sufficient to look more closely at him.

On top of this, he distances himself and never participates in efforts to look for his "friend". Guilty much?

I agree, what you wrote is exactly what makes him look guilty, even without the fact that he took immediately a lawyer like a coward .

This case is very hunting but solvable, I am sure that Clint doesn't want to take polygraph becouse he know what will be the results, to me the chance that he is not Guilty is the same like the chance that you will have very heavy snow in Tel Aviv in August.

Snipped.

Tbh this makes no sense given the timeline as coroborated by multiple people, cameras etc. While I will give into the possibility that Clint may have killed Brian AFTER they both left the bar (i.e. back at Brian's apartment, somewhere else) your version of events does not work with the facts as we understand them. Brian is seen roughly around 2am going back into the bar after talking to the two girls outside (on camera). Bar is closed at 2:30 am, with last call around 2:10. That gives us 30 minutes where Clint and Brian have to slip out unnoticed by anyone there, have a heart to heart about Clint's feelings, Clint murders Brian and then drags his body (no easy feat) around the construction site and into a dumpster, and then returns (again, off camera) back to Clint's female friend who later mentions neither his roughly 20 minute absence nor the fact that he is pouring sweat/dirty/upset from the moving a body around a construction site. Not to mention the lack of hits from cadaver dogs, lack of blood. To my recollection, Clint's female friend never said he left her side, but both agree that Brian went to talk to the band and that is where they lost contact with him.

I truly appreciate any and all thoughts on this case, which remains a true mystery. However this theory is just tabloid speculation that takes us down a rabbit hole with little regard for the facts - Clint may have homosexual feelings for B and may have killed him (though both are longshots in my eyes) but it could never have happened at the bar.

Just moo...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

If Clint did kill Brian, it would certainly explain his arrogance and apathy about the case for all these years.

Satch

Snipped.

First I want to commend you on your writing creativity. Honestly and I mean this as a compliment if I didn't know anything about this case I would think I was reading a romance novel.

So the short version, Clint could not have killed Brian because after Brian stepped back into the bar at around 1:52 am both him and Meredeth said they waited for him. So Clint never left Meredeth and even if he did there would never be enough time for Clint to do all that you have suggested. Plus Meredeth took a lie detector test and I would guess that the police asked her detailed questions about that night especially ones about Clint. Stuff like, after Brian went back into the bar where did you and Clint go? At any time did you separate from Clint? Did you and or Clint try to call Brian?

Clint did mention to the police that he tried to call Brian. I'm sure they checked his phone records. If his call was on the earlier side of 2 am then it had to be before he supposedly killed Brian as he would most likely been in the middle of cleaning up his mess and not have time to call during a clean up. Also the police questioned the band and we don't know what time exactly that Brian talked to them or for how long but the police would at least have a good estimate as to how long. This would also shorten the time line for Clint.

If I remember correctly Clint said that he went back into the bar and looked around and even went into the restrooms. I would say that Meredeth could verify this. One way for the police to find out stuff about Clint would be to ask Meredeth. Either she says yes, no or I don't know but either way they at least get some of their questions answered.

Brian was last seen out in the hallway very close to 2 am. He told Clint and Meredeth that he was going to talk to the band. The stage is all the way at the other end of the bar. We can't even guess how long Brian was out of site from Clint and Meredeth but if one tries to put a time frame on this scenario I wouldn't know where to start.

How is it possible for Clint and Brian not to be seen by 2 policeman that were standing outside at the top of the escalators walking into a restricted area?

How did Clint know about the construction area to lure Brian there?

How would Clint and Brian navigate in the dark and they would have had to get all the way down to the first floor. The police said that it would have been very hard for Brian to navigate that area.

Why would Clint even suggest to Brian that he wanted them to go into a construction area well after 2 am that was off limits and was being more or less guarded by 2 policeman and while Meredeth was waiting? Why not just go home with Brian and talk to him there about the feelings that he was having?

Cadaver dogs searched the construction site. If Clint somehow was fast enough and lucky enough to find a tarp and somehow wrap up Brian into it and with more luck was able to find a trash bin that was empty enough to get him into this thing the dogs would have smelled death and I would imagine there would have to be a certain amount of blood.

Now after all this was done which would have to had been in a span of no less than 15 minutes he would have had to be able to get back into the building using that same entrance. Again he would have been seen by someone most likely the 2 policeman.

So here you have a very drunk man who's heart is racing because he just got done killing his best friend and on top of that he knew that he had just minutes to dispose of a body by himself. Brian was a big guy and dead weight is not easy to handle. He would have had to be sweating like a pig when he got back.

One last thing, we do not (unless I have missed it) know what time Clint and Meredeth left the building. They had to have left by 2:30. So in a span of 30 minutes he would have had to go find Brian convince him to leave the band during a conversation walk out of the bar down to the bottom floor through a construction area kill him, hide him get back into the bar with out anyone seeing him and then hook back up with Meredeth. That's assuming that they left at 2:30 but I'm not sure when they left. IF he was gone from Meredeth for the whole entire time why would she even wait for him? If she did then she would have most likely told the Police when she was questioned that she didn't see Clint for good amount of time. Unless she lied about somethings but she was given a lie detector test so I doubt she would lie.

First I want to commend you on your writing creativity. Honestly and I mean this as a compliment if I didn't know anything about this case I would think I was reading a romance novel.

So the short version, Clint could not have killed Brian because after Brian stepped back into the bar at around 1:52 am both him and Meredeth said they waited for him. So Clint never left Meredeth and even if he did there would never be enough time for Clint to do all that you have suggested. Plus Meredeth took a lie detector test and I would guess that the police asked her detailed questions about that night especially ones about Clint. Stuff like, after Brian went back into the bar where did you and Clint go? At any time did you separate from Clint? Did you and or Clint try to call Brian?

Clint did mention to the police that he tried to call Brian. I'm sure they checked his phone records. If his call was on the earlier side of 2 am then it had to be before he supposedly killed Brian as he would most likely been in the middle of cleaning up his mess and not have time to call during a clean up. Also the police questioned the band and we don't know what time exactly that Brian talked to them or for how long but the police would at least have a good estimate as to how long. This would also shorten the time line for Clint.

If I remember correctly Clint said that he went back into the bar and looked around and even went into the restrooms. I would say that Meredeth could verify this. One way for the police to find out stuff about Clint would be to ask Meredeth. Either she says yes, no or I don't know but either way they at least get some of their questions answered.

Brian was last seen out in the hallway very close to 2 am. He told Clint and Meredeth that he was going to talk to the band. The stage is all the way at the other end of the bar. We can't even guess how long Brian was out of site from Clint and Meredeth but if one tries to put a time frame on this scenario I wouldn't know where to start.

How is it possible for Clint and Brian not to be seen by 2 policeman that were standing outside at the top of the escalators walking into a restricted area?

How would Clint and Brian navigate in the dark and they would have had to get all the way down to the first floor. The police said that it would have been very hard for Brian to navigate that area.

Why would Clint even suggest to Brian that he wanted them to go into a construction area well after 2 am that was off limits and was being more or less guarded by 2 policeman and while Meredeth was waiting? Why not just go home with Brian and talk to him there about the feelings that he was having?

Cadaver dogs searched the construction site. If Clint somehow was fast enough and lucky enough to find a tarp and somehow wrap up Brian into it and with more luck was able to find a trash bin that was empty enough to get him into this thing the dogs would have smelled death and I would imagine there would have to be a certain amount of blood.

Now after all this was done which would have to had been in a span of no less than 15 minutes he would have had to be able to get back into the building using that same entrance. Again he would have been seen by someone most likely the 2 policeman.

So here you have a very drunk man who's heart is racing because he just got done killing his best friend and on top of that he knew that he had just minutes to dispose of a body by himself. Brian was a big guy and dead weight is not easy to handle. He would have had to be sweating like a pig when he got back.

One last thing, we do not (unless I have missed it) know what time Clint and Meredeth left the building. They had to have left by 2:30. So in a span of 30 minutes he would have had to go find Brian convince him to leave the band during a conversation walk out of the bar down to the bottom floor through a construction area kill him, hide him get back into the bar with out anyone seeing him and then hook back up with Meredeth. That's assuming that they left at 2:30 but I'm not sure when they left. IF he was gone from Meredeth for the whole entire time why would she even wait for him? If she did then she would have most likely told the Police when she was questioned that she didn't see Clint for good amount of time. Unless she lied about somethings but she was given a lie detector test so I doubt she would lie.

My Strong Theory,

What about Brian and Clint getting into a fight AFTER they left the bar? I theorized that this was at Brian's apartment. If there was no fight, my other theory was that both were drunk as skunks and somehow, Brian got disoriented and fell down the stairs. Barely alive if that, Clint is horrified, kills Brian, who was already near death, maybe he fell and was dead already? Clint somehow gets out of town, burying Brian's body.

We know for sure that Clint waited for six hours at Brian's apartment. Was he cleaning up a tragic fight, or accident evidence that could incriminate him? If not, what was he doing there for six hours? How did he get the key to Brian's apartment? And where was Meredith all this time? Didn't Clint not only lawyer up but also move away out of state, very shortly after Brian's disappearance?

Satch

I agree, what you wrote is exactly what makes him look guilty, even without the fact that he took immediately a lawyer like a coward .

This case is very hunting but solvable, I am sure that Clint doesn't want to take polygraph becouse he know what will be the results, to me the chance that he is not Guilty is the same like the chance that you will have very heavy snow in Tel Aviv in August.

Yes,

Clint either knows what happened, and refuses to talk, or is the actual perpetrator in Brian's murder or accidental death. (See my comments above.)

Satch

My Strong Theory,

What about Brian and Clint getting into a fight AFTER they left the bar? I theorized that this was at Brian's apartment. If there was no fight, my other theory was that both were drunk as skunks and somehow, Brian got disoriented and fell down the stairs. Barely alive if that, Clint is horrified, kills Brian, who was already near death, maybe he fell and was dead already? Clint somehow gets out of town, burying Brian's body.

We know for sure that Clint waited for six hours at Brian's apartment. Was he cleaning up a tragic fight, or accident evidence that could incriminate him? If not, what was he doing there for six hours? How did he get the key to Brian's apartment? And where was Meredith all this time? Didn't Clint not only lawyer up but also move away out of state, very shortly after Brian's disappearance?

Satch

I'm pretty that Clint said that he went to Brian's apartment the next day and said he sat in his car and waited? I could be wrong on this though on the time. I don't see him driving drunk and sitting in front of his house all night.

So he did not have a key. If he did I seriously doubt he would admit it. Also, for him to go and wait means he at that point didn't know what happened to Brian.

Embufum,

As much as Clint looks guilty & suspicious, there is certainly a time discrepancy. Let's speculate for a minute. If Clint did kill Brian in the bar, how did this happen? Brian was seen on camera talking with the girls at around 0150. He looks casual, calm and there doesn't seem to be anything out of ordinary in his behavior or posture. Okay. It is right after 0200. Clint & Meredith call Brian but can't reach him. According to the cops, they are seen on camera leaving the bar shortly after attempting to reach Brian. So, the time window is extremely short, let's say 10-12, 15 minutes max. I personally do not think it would be possible to kill someone and then hide their body with so many people around, in that short period of time. This makes me think that something happened after Brian left the bar. He somehow got out undetected. He could have or could have not made it into his apartment. Clint being at his apartment after the fact raises many questions, and makes everything even more complicated. Did Clint & Brian meet after leaving the bar? Why was Clint waiting for Brian at Brian's apartment? Did the LE conduct any searches and tests in the apartment besides the visual inspection that everything looked ok?

I am not excluding that something could have occurred to Brian in the bar, but the lack of any evidence, witnesses and timeframe make me less inclined to believe that Brian was killed in the bar.

Embufum,

As much as Clint looks guilty & suspicious, there is certainly a time discrepancy. Let's speculate for a minute. If Clint did kill Brian in the bar, how did this happen? Brian was seen on camera talking with the girls at around 0150. He looks casual, calm and there doesn't seem to be anything out of ordinary in his behavior or posture. Okay. It is right after 0200. Clint & Meredith call Brian but can't reach him. According to the cops, they are seen on camera leaving the bar shortly after attempting to reach Brian. So, the time window is extremely short, let's say 10-12, 15 minutes max. I personally do not think it would be possible to kill someone and then hide their body with so many people around, in that short period of time. This makes me think that something happened after Brian left the bar. He somehow got out undetected. He could have or could have not made it into his apartment. Clint being at his apartment after the fact raises many questions, and makes everything even more complicated. Did Clint & Brian meet after leaving the bar? Why was Clint waiting for Brian at Brian's apartment? Did the LE conduct any searches and tests in the apartment besides the visual inspection that everything looked ok?

I am not excluding that something could have occurred to Brian in the bar, but the lack of any evidence, witnesses and timeframe make me less inclined to believe that Brian was killed in the bar.

I agree, there is zero chance that Clint killed Brian in that bar. If Clint went to Brian's house the next day to wait for Brian then that shows to me that he was worried. To sit there for 6 hours that's a long time. I try to put myself in Clint's shoes. If my friend didn't answer I would for sure be calling. When I got up the next day I would probably call him again at some point probably sooner than later. If I lived fairly close like Clint did I would definitely go to his house. If I got to his house and saw his car and he didn't answer when I knocked I would then call his phone again to see if I heard it ringing inside the house. If still no answer at that point I would not go back to my car and sit for 6 hours. I would with out a doubt find a way in even if I had to break in because I would for sure think something was very wrong. If still nothing at that point I would immediately call his parents a brother or sister. I'm still kind of wondering why Clint would sit there for 6 hours or why he didn't call Brian's girlfriend.

Forgot to add this. Brian's apartment was broken into a month later and the police said that it was someone trying to rob the house probably because they noticed no one had been there in a while. No way I am buying that. If "they" noticed that no one was living there then that would mean it was someone close to Brian or at least someone who knew who he was and was keeping an eye out on his apartment.

I agree, there is zero chance that Clint killed Brian in that bar. If Clint went to Brian's house the next day to wait for Brian then that shows to me that he was worried. To sit there for 6 hours that's a long time. I try to put myself in Clint's shoes. If my friend didn't answer I would for sure be calling. When I got up the next day I would probably call him again at some point probably sooner than later. If I lived fairly close like Clint did I would definitely go to his house. If I got to his house and saw his car and he didn't answer when I knocked I would then call his phone again to see if I heard it ringing inside the house. If still no answer at that point I would not go back to my car and sit for 6 hours. I would with out a doubt find a way in even if I had to break in because I would for sure think something was very wrong. If still nothing at that point I would immediately call his parents a brother or sister. I'm still kind of wondering why Clint would sit there for 6 hours or why he didn't call Brian's girlfriend.

Forgot to add this. Brian's apartment was broken into a month later and the police said that it was someone trying to rob the house probably because they noticed no one had been there in a while. No way I am buying that. If "they" noticed that no one was living there then that would mean it was someone close to Brian or at least someone who knew who he was and was keeping an eye out on his apartment.

Going to your friend's house without his permission, especially when he is nowhere to be found, is not a normal thing to do. Friends don't do that. Did he break in? Did he have a key? How did he get the key? He was one of the first people who knew that Brian was gone but yet did not call his family or gf to learn more about his whereabouts, instead... he went to his apartment? Wouldn't it be natural to call his family to see if Brian happened to stay at their place overnight? If I was his friend, I would make every effort to locate him, call him, go to his place, but certainly not break in, but let cops know that my friend had left the bar earlier and I haven't seen him since. However, I would call his loved ones & family, attempt to see if they know where my friend is before calling the police.

I don't know what to think about the break in. I think it was either a) coincidence - the robber happened to be lucky the apartment wasn't occupied/no one was home b) being somehow related to Brian's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member