GUILTY OH - Brianna Ratliff, 20, Coshocton, 15 Apr 2021 *ARREST*

This is only one degree of separation from me socially and just in the next city over. I'm glad there isn't a threat to the community but I hate that fairly normal seeming young adults are murdering one another so close to me. I hope this is resolved quickly and definitively

Body of missing Ohio woman, 20, found inside vacant home, investigators say

Brianna Ratliff said she was going to a gas station before she disappeared

Brianna Ratliff was last seen Thursday at about 7 p.m. in the Hall Park area of the city of Coshocton, about 70 miles northeast of Columbus, the Coshocton County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Investigators said foul play is suspected, the Coshocton Tribune reported.

More information at link: Investigators said foul play is suspected, the Coshocton Tribune reported.

Body of missing Ohio woman, 20, found inside vacant home, investigators say

Brianna Ratliff said she was going to a gas station before she disappeared

Brianna Ratliff was last seen Thursday at about 7 p.m. in the Hall Park area of the city of Coshocton, about 70 miles northeast of Columbus, the Coshocton County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Investigators said foul play is suspected, the Coshocton Tribune reported.

More information at link: Investigators said foul play is suspected, the Coshocton Tribune reported.

7be0233c-a511-47b7-a731-4b9e8337b3ef-Ratliff_house_1.jpg

Missing woman found dead, Coshocton Co. Sheriff's Office asks for help

“Story Highlights:

• Brianna Ratliff, 20, Coshocton, was reported missing Friday by authorities.
  • She was last seen around 7 p.m. Thursday in the area of Hall Park and was head to the Pit Stop gas station.
  • A search party found Ratliff's dead body Sunday in a vacant home in the 1800 block of Chestnut Street.
  • The Coshocton County Sheriff's Office has not released many details yet and is seeking information from the public.”

Person of interest in custody related to Brianna Ratliff homicide
Coshocton teen charged in Brianna Ratliff's death
Blake A. Grewell, 19, was formally charged on Tuesday afternoon

34b60c21-1919-4188-a92f-bed8ee558a4a-blake_grewell.jpg

Blake Grewell
SUBMITTED COSHOCTON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

LEONARD L. HAYHURST | COSHOCTON TRIBUNE | 5 hours ago
icon-sms_24.svg

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Blake A. Grewell, 19, was charged with murder, an unclassified felony, on Tuesday afternoon.

• Grewell was named by authorities as former friend of Brianna Ratliff, 20.

• Ratliff went missing April 15 from the area of Hall Park. Her body was found Sunday in a vacant house near the park.

• Coroner Douglas Virostko said it was a "traumatic death," but did not give any further details.
Source: Coshocton teen Blake A. Grewell charged in Brianna Ratliff's death

Not sure, but the articles say they were "former friends." Not current? Wonder what that means, and if that means he is NOT the one who was in the park with her before she went missing.

"Grewell was named by authorities as former friend of Brianna Ratliff, 20."

Coshocton teen Blake A. Grewell charged in Brianna Ratliff's death

I believe they’re meaning “former friend” as in a true friend wouldn’t have done what he is believed to have done.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the definition of premeditated could include a split second decision. Like, "I'm mad now so I am going to have to kill her." He didn't have to plan it before that that moment. MOO

yes, if at any point you realized that what you were doing will kill someone if not stopped then it can qualify for 1st degree murder.

Last edited:
I am not done with my day enough to look too long right now, but hopefully, this will help some:
Murdered Coshocton woman remembered as a light to all (msn.com)

While Grewell had no prior criminal record, Coshocton County Prosecutor Jason Given asked for the high bond due to several factors, including what he called an overwhelming amount of evidence. This included an alleged confession, eyewitness statements and video, forensic and medical evidence.

A weapon being used in the crime was also a considering factor Given said. He said the weapon used was a cutting instrument, but did not state what type specifically. Coshocton County Coroner Douglas Virostko previously said Brianna suffered a traumatic death. It was also said Brianna was killed with prior calculation.

I am not done with my day enough to look too long right now, but hopefully, this will help some:
Murdered Coshocton woman remembered as a light to all (msn.com)

While Grewell had no prior criminal record, Coshocton County Prosecutor Jason Given asked for the high bond due to several factors, including what he called an overwhelming amount of evidence. This included an alleged confession, eyewitness statements and video, forensic and medical evidence.

A weapon being used in the crime was also a considering factor Given said. He said the weapon used was a cutting instrument, but did not state what type specifically. Coshocton County Coroner Douglas Virostko previously said Brianna suffered a traumatic death. It was also said Brianna was killed with prior calculation.
☹ No words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back