OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011, found deceased in 2013 *arrest in 2023* #5

Thanks I realize that...

I found it interesting since Ms. MARKHAM's engagement ring is also missing.

What makes you say Katelyn's ring is missing?

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been reported about whether her clothing, jewelry, cell phone, or any other personal belongings were found or not found with her remains.

What makes you say Katelyn's ring is missing?

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been reported about whether her clothing, jewelry, cell phone, or any other personal belongings were found or not found with her remains.

Hmmm... I'm not Tara, but I remember reading that her engagement ring is missing, too. I just went looking for an MSM article to back this up, however, and couldn't find one. Maybe I read about it on Facebook, or a non-MSM blog? But I definitely thought it was missing...

Hmmm... I'm not Tara, but I remember reading that her engagement ring is missing, too. I just went looking for an MSM article to back this up, however, and couldn't find one. Maybe I read about it on Facebook, or a non-MSM blog? But I definitely thought it was missing...

Also remember reading/hearing about it, but haven't been able to find something to back it up. At least you know you're not going crazy!

It is weird, I remember it being talked about on Wesbsleuths too, but couldn't find any articles about it, just articles saying "IF her ring is missing". The only thing I found was this new one (from after her body was found), that says it is missing at the end...

http://www.examiner.com/article/murdered-bride-to-be-katelyn-markham-case-heats-up

Also interesting; there was a Nancy Grace interview with her fiance where he misheard "dream" as "ring".

Also remember reading/hearing about it, but haven't been able to find something to back it up. At least you know you're not going crazy!

No one is going crazy if they remember her engagement ring being featured in the media. When she disappeared, her ring was talked about (print, radio, TV, and internet) and a picture was circulated. It was a distinctive ring, a zigzag of several small marquise-cut diamonds.

If she went missing while wearing her ring, then obviously, it was automatically missing too.

However, Katelyn was found 8 months ago. Tarabull's assertion, in relation to that Dayton Daily News article, seemed to be that the ring was missing currently, thus, after the discovery of Katelyn's remains. But no info was ever released (that I am aware of) describing what or was not found with Katelyn -- including her ring.

Katelyn is no longer missing. Her ring may or may not be missing. We don't know.

The only thing I found was this new one (from after her body was found), that says it is missing at the end...

http://www.examiner.com/article/murdered-bride-to-be-katelyn-markham-case-heats-up

What is examiner.com? Is it MSM? At any rate, no TV, radio, or print locally or nationally has reported info about whether the ring was found with Katelyn's remains.

Also interesting; there was a Nancy Grace interview with her fiance where he misheard "dream" as "ring".

Good catch, SUNchips. You're right, that was very interesting. Here is a link to that interview for anyone who wants to read the transcript:

http://kmdce.livejournal.com/2651.html

I thought a somewhat surprising amount of attention was placed on her ring in MSM, until I realized no one had a description of what she was wearing when last seen -- unusual for a missing persons case when the young woman had been seen just a few hours earlier. So I figured maybe the ring was the best external identifier they had.

But ... I thought I heard an odd emphasis on the ring during Cincinnati attorney/radio host Bill Cunningham's show (BC) when he interviewed Chief Dickey of the Fairfield police (CD). I noted this oddness in the transcription:

BC: Well, at this point, it is fair to say that you have no evidence of foul play, you have no evidence she voluntarily left, you have no evidence if she's alive, no evidence if she's dead, her home was not ransacked, in fact nothing was missing except her cell phone, and you would think if it was a burglary gone bad, it'd be something of value taken. I would - I would assume she was given an engagement ring from John Carter... uhh, has that been located? Do you have any knowledge of that?

CD: I - I can't answer that specifically. That, that, uh, that's a good question that I'll, I'll try to resolve, but I don't know that as I - as I'm standing here talking to you.

BC: Because many women that are engaged would uh, not give up their engagement ring for any purpose, and I would think there's something distinctive about that. [slight but noticeable emphasis on "distinctive"]

In that interview, BC doesn't seem to be saying the ring has a distinctive appearance, per se -- just that something was distinctive about it, or about its possible location, or about how it related to Katelyn and John that night, or something. I did get the impression that he was asked off-air to bring up the ring and draw attention to it, for some reason. But why, I don't know.

It has made me wonder if something in John Carter's questioning by police, or maybe in any texts or emails the police were able to retrieve, involved the ring being mentioned by the fighting couple in such a way that learning more about it would be helpful to police. Or maybe something like a text to an accomplice to be sure and take the ring off her hand before leaving. I don't know. Just speculating, but something of that nature is what strikes me.

For whatever it's worth, I do know the ring was a family heirloom, passed down on the fiance's side of the family.

Thank you!! I had missed that somewhere along the line.

No problem. :)

They kept her remains for quite a long time -- four months, I think? -- and had them examined at the coroner's in both Indianapolis (she was found in Indiana) and Cincinnati (she disappeared from Ohio). I hope they were getting every last possible scrap of evidence they could, with multiple experts.

Does anyone know if, say, her hyoid bone was broken, the cause of death would still be officially "undetermined" even though strangulation was strongly indicated?

ETA: I should say the above scenario I asked about is totally speculation. I've heard nothing about any indications of harm to her body, hyoid bone or anything else -- nothing except that her cause of death was officially undetermined.

*BUMP*

Thinking of Katelyn today. Wish I had something to add, but just hoping for answers. :please:

I'm still going with my theories of KS and her BF having high involvement like I stated on the last thread #4. I still have very big thoughts about the connection between circle of friends between KS(and BF) Katelyn an Billy. As stated before I do live in the area and know some of these people due to my business, however I never had the pleasure of meeting Katelyn. Still hoping for final closure for her and her people.

How soon after KM's disappearance did JC get a new girlfriend? I just read through all the threads. Someone said it was soon after, but I didn't see anything. Maybe I missed it. Of course many links are old and no longer there.

My husband is very awkward socially; he is an introvert and gets flustered. I have other friends and family members that are the same. JC is just so different... After reading everything over again, the ongoing theme in my head for JC is that he at minimum knows something.

I feel like they never established a real alibi for him (or they never shared a good one and neither did he). Did anyone ever account for him? What if KM went missing at 9 or 10pm and he got to his friend's house when he said he did? When a couple is staying inside watching tv that's an easy way to brush off any attention. Unless a neighbor saw them come or go, who can really vouch for that? It leaves a loose timeline. What time did the neighbor hear them fighting?

I have so many questions. I wish this case would get a boost of life so justice can be served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa I found this answer at least:

Katelyn's former high school friend also claims that John Carter began talking to a new girl just weeks after Katelyn vanished over two years ago. It wasn't long before this high school sweetheart was dating someone knew -- a complete change from the plans of moving away to Colorado and marrying the girl he had been with for years. Indeed, if these claims are true -- and others collaborate with these claims -- then his behavior is extremely strange.

Lots of interesting articles, commentary and posts below. Of course not all necessary true blue facts, but just an interesting read.
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Kately...arance-Considering-Everything/156483891100350

Unless someone starts to feel guilty and speaks up, I doubt there will be a resolution. That's a hard pill to swallow.

I really believe that those who think they can get away with murder are sadly mistaken, so if that person/s is/are reading, your time is coming, whether in this life or another, and you will pay for what you did to Katelyn, guaranteed. Are you ready?!

I really believe that those who think they can get away with murder are sadly mistaken, so if that person/s is/are reading, your time is coming, whether in this life or another, and you will pay for what you did to Katelyn, guaranteed. Are you ready?!

I would be more scared of what comes after this lifetime. I'm sure her killer(s) thought that people would forget shortly after. We haven't. Even the killers that get away on Earth have eternal consequences.

I want Katelyn's family to enter a new chapter of their lives where they can have more answers and more closure. They at least deserve that.

Katelyn - you are never forgotten - we would never let that happen! Your killer WILL be found and justice will be realized for you and your family, the sooner, the better!

i hope you're right kadence! i think many of us have strong suspicions about one person in Katelyn's life in particular. if it truly is his doing, i am amazed he's been able to get away with it this long... he doesnt strike me as the brightest crayon in the box...makes me wonder if there is some angle we are missing... then again no one would have called ariel castro a genuis and he held 3 women captive for a decade so who knows.

katelyn will always been in my heart and mind regardless!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back