OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone to back up the story about her wanting her papers burned? I have never heard of anything quite so bizarre...

VERY little is being reported so I don't know.

The last text was the pic, but she supposedly sent a text prior for him to have fun and how sorry she was she couldn't be there.

Burning papers is a common way to get rid of important documents with personal information, but it does seem like a HUGE coincidence with timing and I have always personally been there when I have burned my documents. He said it was "class schedules" and stuff-if we are making the assumption that the burned papers are important than what else could have been in the burned papers to make them so important that he had to burn them immediately?

The 911 call was at 5:58pm on Sunday. So he texted her all day and she didn't answer....AND he said he went over to her place at 7 -730 when she was suppose to get home from work. So he waited all day to check on her? Could have just called David's Bridal to check. odd.

Katelyn Markham's fiancé, John Carter, said he was the last person to see Markham and has been doing all that he can to help police in their search.
"I really did not want this to get this far. I really wish she would have been home by now. I wish this was a party for her being home instead of what it is," Carter said.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html#ixzz1ViL5EcyO

I think those two statements that I bolded should be taken literally.

That has bothered me as well. At first "his heart dropped" because he saw her car there at her home when she should have been at work. And then the next time he references it...she would have been home from work at 7-730 when he went by.

Unfortunately there are quite a few things that make us go hmmmm

1)going to her home and seeing her car when she should be gone...then she should have been home by then.

2) Past tense...lots of it.

3) Talking about being "terrified" with no emotion.

4) Him explaining that he got the picture at 12:52 but that it could have been sent much earlier because it takes so long to upload. What? Why an explanation of time?

5) Burning "legal documents in the middle of the night". She texted that she wanted to be there to see it. Why? Who burns class schedules?

6)Does he usually stay with her when they go out at night? They have been together 6 yrs. just asking?

7)Intuition tells him she is close.....

8)Why not call her work if you are texting her over and over again? Simple call to work to see if she is there.

9) She wasn't being forced to move to Colorado. Forced....odd language. She wasn't being forced to marry him, move etc. Odd

10) Again...past tense referrals....lots of them

11) Hats were off of bedpost where she kept them and pencil holder was tipped over. He explained those things as being the only signs of things disrupted in her room. Why explain it away as the dog? odd

12)Why would he be in such a panic. Put his key in the door and go directly up to her room? odd

13) Keep her smile in your mind and don't worry about her. odd statement

14)Kept saying "to be honest" when asked about a few things like burning the documents and a couple other things. hmmm

Anyone care to add the things that I have missed?

15] John Carter, said he was the last person to see Markham

16]"I really did not want this to get this far." Carter said.

She had to have her papers burned on Saturday night but she couldn't be there with him to burn them? I am seriously lost here...what papers, did anyone else see them burned or know that she wanted papers burned?

And why did he mention the papers, anyway? Is he trying to make it sound as though she had something shady to hide, some reason to run?

In reading some of the comments on different news articles it has been mentioned a few times that JC's friends are into satanic worship. Anyone else see things that would support that? Maybe would tie into burning the papers that night at his friend's firepit. I would assume the police have already checked the pit. Although would they need a search warrant for that?

I think he mentioned burning the papers because he knew it would look suspicious and thought the best policy would be to guide how people view that from the beginning rather than have the information emerge from the police weeks later or something.

The 911 call was at 5:58pm on Sunday. So he texted her all day and she didn't answer....AND he said he went over to her place at 7 -730 when she was suppose to get home from work. So he waited all day to check on her? Could have just called David's Bridal to check. odd.

David's Bridal closed at 6:00. 12 to 6 are the hours, but I'm not sure about the hours for the Art Institute.

**hinky meter set on high**

Police have not indicated foul play, as yet, I gather?
Can't a phone company track a phone even if it off, some way? Can't they "ping" it? I always forget whatever it is I learn about tracking phones from one case to the next...

In reading some of the comments on different news articles it has been mentioned a few times that JC's friends are into satanic worship. Anyone else see things that would support that? Maybe would tie into burning the papers that night at his friend's firepit. I would assume the police have already checked the pit. Although would they need a search warrant for that?

do you have links to these articles? I am here local and the only thing I am seeing is his friends have closed ranks so tight they are saying nothing but what a great guy he is, how positive they are he didn't do it, how happy they were, I would love to see the source of these articles

Police have not indicated foul play, as yet, I gather?
Can't a phone company track a phone even if it off, some way? Can't they "ping" it? I always forget whatever it is I learn about tracking phones from one case to the next...

The chief has said no evidence of foul play in her apartment BUT the lead detective has said foul play is suspected...so confusing

I have a feeling the police have some of the same feelings that we do, but without any evidence what do you do?

I'm puzzled why he would burn anything or why anyone let him burn anything when the woman is missing - especially this early in an investigation. That is not typical behavior.
If I became missing I hope no one would burn anything (regardless of what I said before I was missing) in hopes something could become a clue.

Is there anyone to back up the story about her wanting her papers burned? I have never heard of anything quite so bizarre...

Just a note here: I've burned old bills or documents that were no longer needed, that had my personal information on them, thinking it would be better than shredding.

Just a note here: I've burned old bills or documents that were no longer needed, that had my personal information on them, thinking it would be better than shredding.

But did you ask someone to take them away and burn them for you? Which seems to be the case here, unless I am mistaken...and then were you never seen again :(

Burning papers is a common way to get rid of important documents with personal information, but it does seem like a HUGE coincidence with timing and I have always personally been there when I have burned my documents. He said it was "class schedules" and stuff-if we are making the assumption that the burned papers are important than what else could have been in the burned papers to make them so important that he had to burn them immediately?

Another quick note: I've had my husband (we were separated at the time) burn papers at his home, since he lived in the country and had a fire pit, and I wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK