OH OH - Lori Lloyd, 14, Kettering, 10 Feb 1976

This is a very strange thing to have people saying she was recovered, and her own sister not knowing where she is. How disturbing. Do you know what the date was she was supposedly found?? Or any circumstances, like how they located her or where???

hollow all i found so far was a movie was made in 1980 about her missing

According to this thread, the Doe Network reported, in October 2004 that Lori had been located safe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14517

Since the family has received no further information and a "mistake" hasn't been corrected, I would assume that Lori has been located and since its not against the law to be a missing person, no charges were filed.

I think since your contact with LE has been mostly ignored, your next step would be a lawyer to get some kind of written status of her case.

Joni,

I know that this must be difficult for you. But you (and your brother, rest of family) deserve an answer, and I hope you take Pondering's advice and get legal counsel on obtaining some concrete information on the circumstances/whereabouts of your sister. I hope she is alive and well---please keep us posted on this and remember we are here for you.

My opinion only---

sure do thank you mullins, Pondering Things, and anybody else i might have forgotten, iam new at this like joni too.. but i agree with you Pondering Things look like LE would tell the family something. iam not a family member but i will keep looking on the web and try to help joni out anyway i can

PonderingThings said:
According to this thread, the Doe Network reported, in October 2004 that Lori had been located safe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14517

Since the family has received no further information and a "mistake" hasn't been corrected, I would assume that Lori has been located and since its not against the law to be a missing person, no charges were filed.

I think since your contact with LE has been mostly ignored, your next step would be a lawyer to get some kind of written status of her case.
I was thinking this also, but isn't 14 a little young to be on your own??? I suppose it could happen, if it were an extremely intelligent and mature 14-year-old. I also think it is strange that Doe Network removed the information, do they normally do that??? I also wonder what kind of stress was behind her suicide attempts and why she was running away so much.

I think they were inferring that she was an adult when she was found... if that's the case, then they have no obligation to inform the family of any facts, especially if the adult Lori Jean specifically asked them not to...

Hollow said:
I was thinking this also, but isn't 14 a little young to be on your own??? I suppose it could happen, if it were an extremely intelligent and mature 14-year-old. I also think it is strange that Doe Network removed the information, do they normally do that??? I also wonder what kind of stress was behind her suicide attempts and why she was running away so much.

Yes, I understood this. I still think they should at least tell her family that she's ok and doesn't want her location revealed to them if this is the case. If she did run away at 14 and has been fine for all of this time, someone must have been helping her.

yes I think if she is alive and well then her family should atleast know that. What is really sad is that I grew up in dayton all my life and now live close to kettering and have never before heard about this case. I hope she is alive and there is some way the family can find this out.

Joni,

Did you ever seek legal advice? Check out the local open public records act laws in your state. Seems to me that even if they can't tell you where she is, they can tell you why they think she's alive and safe somewhere.

Hey Joni, glad to see you're on, I was afraid you weren't coming back. I private messaged you. It's at the top right hand of your screen. Hollow

She wasn't wearing anything special. Just jeans and a t-shirt. Possibly a jacket since it was Feb. I don't recall any special jewerly or broken bones. I will ask my Mom if she remembers anything else and post it later. It has been a long time ago. I started writing a book about 20 years ago and abandoned it when I couldn't handle it anymore emotionally. A few years ago, I went back and read some of that book and was amazed at the things I was reading. I have forgotten a lot!! I was so glad I had written that. I only wish I had written more!

There was a girl following the release of a documentary that they did on her disappearance called, "What ever happened to Lori Jean Lloyd?" came to our house to tell us that she knew Lori and Lori had seen the movie and wanted us to know she was alive and well in Cincinatti, Ohio. We were taken in hook line and shinker until she asked for money for Lori. It was a mess! I wanted to do harm to that girl. She had no idea how much that hurt us!!!

No one officially ever told us she was recovered. My brother found this blurb on the Doe Network and on a thread here on this web site in Oct of 2004. She was 14 years old when she went missing. We did get the runaround once she would have been 18 years old saying she was an adult now and legally nothing we or they could do. She had not broken any laws by disappearing. My big question is it was a crime when she left - that is IF she left on her own. She was a child then. Don't we deserve the decency to know that she is alive and doesn't want to see us anymore? I find that very hard to believe anyway. She was very connected to us even if the family wasn't in the best of shape. She was very connected to her best friends. (what 14 year old isn't?) and she thought of her nephew as her own. She was very close to another sister that was in a juvenile lock up at that time. She wrote her letters and never mentioned wanting to leave for good. When she did runaway, it was a teenage stunt to shock my mom into taking notice. She did! They went to counseling. We all did. Lori's story was that she was not getting enough attention since she was the youngest of 5 children. And most of her siblings were also teenagers. All vieing for attention in anyway they could get it. (mostly negative ways) Boy I am really spilling my guts here. It's been a long time . . . And the facts are that I would be totally blown away if she walked away and never contacted anyone in her past. It just wasn't her make up. We know her good friends still today. They would be straight with us about it if she was alive and just didn't want contact. God we miss her sooooo much!

What is LE? And who said she really has been recovered? That's the part that is frustrating. If she is located then who located her?

LE is law enforcement............And you did a really nice job with the blog ,it looks great........Joni I hate to have to ask you this but where there any serial killers operating in the area...........did LE take any note of neighbors or do background checks on anyone living nearby? Have they attempted to reinterview neighbors?

I am not sure how it works with missing adults, but I do agree that if it were my family member I would want to know. I believe there must be some way for you and your family to find answers. Lori looks like such a wonderful sister, I am sure you must miss her so much and I can't imagine all the years of sadness you and your family have endured. I hope you get some more ideas from others here on how to move forward in your search.

The person who contacted you from Cincinnati--do you think she might have actually known Lori (as painful as this thought may be?) Or do you think she was only interested in getting money? Did she give any identifying information that might have let you know that she knew Lori? (probably not, I know but I felt I had to ask...sorry).

I agree it seems strange that such a young person would just walk away, be alive and well and never contact their family or friends. Just doesn't seem very likely to me...Who was it that gave you the runaround before regarding her being 18?

I will be interested to hear what the Kettering police say in reply to your brother's email. Thanks for posting the link to your blog on Lori, it was touching and I'm sure you'll get a lot more hits on it after posting it here.

I'm thinking this was all some sort of mix-up. That Lori was never found and someone was mistaken. It just doesn't sound like she would have done this voluntarily. She had her friend over with her babysitting and was watching her much loved nephew. She needed smokes and never showed up at the store.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back