OH OH - Lori Lloyd, 14, Kettering, 10 Feb 1976

i have done a little bit of research about serial killer's working in that couple state's area around that time 1975 to 1980 and then you got at least 1 or more long haul trucker's plus add in them carnival worker's and them lucas and otoole's that you dont know to believe them or not and other's like them that travel's all over... iam not going to even try to write all of them in this thread...DNA is catching a lot of them up in there crime's now day's i think is very good..iam shocked!!!!! iam speachless!!!!:silenced:

I don't really know that. I am not sure how to find out. I once asked for copies of records and we got a paragraph of notes the original officer took the night the call was made that she was gone. It was very painful. It looked to us that they had not done anything. Then a friend who married a police officer in another local town spent a few weeks checking out what was done. He was very adamant after his look into it, that KPD had and are still doing all they can to locate Lori and that there were officers there today that are bugged by the case being unsolved. I have to take his word for it though because we haven't pesonally seen any records. Yes, there was a serial killer that was fried down in Kentucky that had killed girls along the 75 and 70 intersection which is very near us. My Mom got in touch with KPD when she heard about his execution coming up. They checked and were interested too. But it turned out that he was in jail at the time of her disappearance. They said they confirmed it. Also about 7 years ago, we finally planned a memorial service and posted it in the local paper. On the Sunday before we held the memorial (on Feb. 11, 1999) Erica Baker disappeared. The KPD even came to the memorial and checked out license plates and stuff thinking that somehow it was connected. But you may know that recently they have discovered what happened to Erica Baker and it would not be related. So that was a long answer to your questions. I don't mind your questions. Really. You aren't asking anything I haven't pondered myself over the last 30 years.

kylie said:
LE is law enforcement............And you did a really nice job with the blog ,it looks great........Joni I hate to have to ask you this but where there any serial killers operating in the area...........did LE take any note of neighbors or do background checks on anyone living nearby? Have they attempted to reinterview neighbors?

iam new to this too. joni you doing a very good job!!!! just hang in there hopefully we will find out what really happened and i pray every night she's is safe somewhere.

Thanks for your prayer. I think that it will make the difference.

welder 79 said:
iam new to this too. joni you doing a very good job!!!! just hang in there hopefully we will find out what really happened and i pray every night she's is safe somewhere.

Joni, Did you ever contact the Doe Network to find out where the info came from - or did you say it was from a detective? Can they tell you anything? The info had to have come from somewhere..............I think a letter from a lawyer to the police department just requesting confirmation or denial that Lori was found might help...................

kylie said:
Joni, Did you ever contact the Doe Network to find out where the info came from - or did you say it was from a detective? Can they tell you anything? The info had to have come from somewhere..............I think a letter from a lawyer to the police department just requesting confirmation or denial that Lori was found might help...................
There is someone checking on that for me. So I will wait. It got quiet here. But I see that a lot of people are at least checking the blog at http://360.yahoo.com/jl.spencer@sbcglobal.net. I am so grateful for the conversation and I am hoping it will continue to generate interest. I will be taking some time off work soon and hope to do some investigating myself. I will make the phone calls I need to make to KPD and go from there. I am so grateful to you for setting this up for me. It's been an emotional ride for me. Even after 30 years . . . But I am not giving up. Life has it's way of interupting, but I will not quit. I promise. And I will continue to check this thread. Thanks again.

Joni, I'm glad you have found some options and please keep in touch with us here at WS to let us if we can help further or if you just need someone to talk with about what is happening with you/your sister's case. I know how emotional this must be for you and I admire you for moving forward. You are an awesome sister! When/if you become discouraged, we are here to help you find another perspective or another avenue.

Mullins said:
Joni, I'm glad you have found some options and please keep in touch with us here at WS to let us if we can help further or if you just need someone to talk with about what is happening with you/your sister's case. I know how emotional this must be for you and I admire you for moving forward. You are an awesome sister! When/if you become discouraged, we are here to help you find another perspective or another avenue.
I really appreciate the encouragement. It is tough to keep up the work. Humanly, I get emotional and then justify letting it sit for awhile. I can easily get discouraged. Afterall I have had a lot of dead ends and disappointments in 30 years. Time is also an issue as "life has to goes on." My plans are to spend some time on getting down the story of the search. I will put it in detail on my blog in the next few weeks. I also check this thread daily. It helps to know someone is out there to listen. God bless all of you who do.

Joni, I hope this wasn't stated already, and I just missed it. Do you know what the date was or around the time when she was supposed to have been located???

Hollow said:
Joni, I hope this wasn't stated already, and I just missed it. Do you know what the date was or around the time when she was supposed to have been located???
The only thing I am sure about is that there was a discussion about her recovery in Oct 2004. My brother found that discussion on this Web site after running a search on her name. Then he checked Doe network and it was just a simple statement about her being recovered. No details. My brother was very upset because he felt that they were either reporting falsely, gotten wrong information or that someone did know something and had not told her family. But mostly I think we feel that the police slighted us. I know it is not true. But you know when you hurt so badly and don't know what to do or turn to, it gets easy to blame others for the crisis. I guess it helps a little to have something to focus anger on. I know it isn't LE fault. Someone knows what happened to Lori though. SOMEONE KNOWS. That is the infuriating thing. And yet we are left with this pain of not knowing. So I am venting again. I think it is helping a little. But again thanks. I am waiting on another member on this web site to check with DoeNetwork about the particulars. All we got from them was it was reported to them by Det. Woolfe from Kettering PD. KPD has not responded to my brother e-mail about it.

Well, that's something, it gives everyone a time frame to work with on this.:)

October 12th is when I removed her from my database group lising based on the Doenetwork saying she was recovered. Hope that helps.

Joni Lloyd said:
The only thing I am sure about is that there was a discussion about her recovery in Oct 2004. My brother found that discussion on this Web site after running a search on her name.

bykerladi said:
Joni,

Did you ever seek legal advice? Check out the local open public records act laws in your state. Seems to me that even if they can't tell you where she is, they can tell you why they think she's alive and safe somewhere.
Once a case is closed, the files are supposed to become public information. A trip to the archives unit at the PD and a small fee for copies should allow any interested party access to them. But until the case is closed the police have no obligation to release anything from their files.

Why and who made the decision to remove her? I am just trying to find out if there was new information or if there is a mistake. I am Lori's oldest sister and my family has suffered for many years. We just want to know if she is alive somewhere or if this is just a mix up. Thanks.

awagner said:
October 12th is when I removed her from my database group lising based on the Doenetwork saying she was recovered. Hope that helps.

Joni Lloyd said:
The only thing I am sure about is that there was a discussion about her recovery in Oct 2004. My brother found that discussion on this Web site after running a search on her name.

Have you contacted Angela Ellis or Helene from the Doenetwork to ask where the information came from that she was removed? I was a Doenetwork member at that time and I recall that we were not given information other than that she was recovered alive.

Joni Lloyd said:
Why and who made the decision to remove her? I am just trying to find out if there was new information or if there is a mistake. I am Lori's oldest sister and my family has suffered for many years. We just want to know if she is alive somewhere or if this is just a mix up. Thanks.

This is Lori's brother . I was doing a search on the internet(sometime last year) for Lori Jean Lloyd when I found this link to the doenetwork or something like that. The site had stated she had returned home safe. I was like ,nobody told us, so I contacted someone from the site and told them I was her brother and she has not returned home safe as stated. Also where did they get this information for them to post it? Well they sent me an e-mail back and told me this information came from Det.Woolf from the Kettering Police. I tried to contact the KPD via e-mail ,on their web site, and said I had found this info (on the doe network) and they had a Det.Woole who had gave them this info. I have not received anything back from them. Meanwhile I had contacted the doenetwork again and told them that I was waiting on a reply from the KPD and I think I ask them to take this info off their site because it was not true.So they did. They e-mailed me back and said they would remove this until they had found out more information.So now my question is why not list her on their site as missing ? They seemed to have the info to list her as found. I guess I need to submit the information for them to list her as missing.

Welcome James !!! It's nice to have you!!! :) I think your family needs to directly, either by phone or preferably in person, contact the police that were in charge of your sister's case. Ask them what is going on, and if she hasn't been found, get her re-posted on doe network. It's obvious your family has been really frustrated over this, this issue needs clarification.

...And, if your family does find out anything, be sure to update us here, a lot of people have been following this.:) I hope you all get this straightened out.

HI again. I am glad you are on here Jim. Mom has called KPD and has asked for an appointment with Det. Woolfe who had not returned her calls yet. But we aren't giving up easily. I have a copy of the records they gave us back in 1999. There is a note in those files (which consist of 6 pages of short notes, some hand written and one official looking type written page) is a handwritten note at the bottom of what looks like a copy of file card about 3x5 size with Lori's stats on it. The notes says: quote - Found living near daddy in California. confrimed by "60 minutes." unquote. :furious: That is crazy!!! And it is not signed by anyone. It has some codes on the card. And it has a date canc. of 1-26-80. Well, that was the date Mom and I went to California looking for Lori because we thought we saw someone who looked a lot like her in a documentary about a drug called, "Angel Dust." Mom had contacted the producers of the documentary (in 1980) and asked if they knew who this girl was who looked like Lori in the background. They did some checking and found out that some kids had slipped in during a break in filming and they did not have any permission slips on these girls in the back row. So they didn't knwo who they were. Well to make a loooong story short. This is what evolved into the documentary, "What ever Happened to Lori Jean Lloyd." This documentary was about runaways and since Lori was listed as runaway, yet never returned they used her story as a cast off of the family side of the story about runaways who leave their families for the streets. We said OK because we thought we could get some leads on Lori's whereabouts. It aired in the summer of 1980 in 88 cities. Lori was NOT located at that time. We never even got any credible leads from that airing. It was very disappointing. So now our next move is to try to straigtened out a 30 year old story and try to get their facts straight. I am thinking at this point it is all just miscommunication!!!! :banghead:

Hollow said:
Welcome James !!! It's nice to have you!!! :) I think your family needs to directly, either by phone or preferably in person, contact the police that were in charge of your sister's case. Ask them what is going on, and if she hasn't been found, get her re-posted on doe network. It's obvious your family has been really frustrated over this, this issue needs clarification.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back