GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good morning from Pike County Wagner murder trial. Defense starts early with its closing arguments, then rebuttal by prosecution. Jury instructions will take awhile too - so unclear whether the jury will get case today or tomorrow.

Parker starts by thanking jury - and says "I'm not going to go as long as you might expect." Canepa went 4.5 hours yesterday. Asks jury that if he offended them, take it out on him not his client.

"You are the best of Pike County ... you stand between the power of the government and George Wagner." "They've overreached when it comes to George."

Parker: state painted with a very broad brush. Days went by when we didn't hear George's name.

Parker: There were times I thought I was in divorce court or domestic court - this case is not about custody. Points out the affidavit from BCI of May 2018 used to get wiretaps. Said they don't have enough evidence to convict.

On Jake Wagner: "They want you to think he had a religious awakening" - it wasn't that. Why would state make such a deal for Jake Wagner ... says Jake is what the death penalty is made for

https://twitter.com/evanmillward

PIKE COUNTY TRIAL: #GeorgeWagnerIV is in the courtroom awaiting the start of his defense team's closing argument.

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: John Parker starts his presentation: "You folks stand between the power of the government and a man - George Wagner .. In this case, they’ve overreached.”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker tells the jury the prosecution "paints with a broad brush. How many times have you heard ‘they’ 'them’ ... there were days and days that went by when you didn’t hear George’s name - that’s significant.”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker argues this case (George's) isn't about custody. He again points to distraction from George - says he felt like he was in divorce court at times. He brings up a 77 page app for wiretap from 2018 - that says they don't have enough evidence to convict

Wow, he's making some wild assumptions about Frankie and Hannah being awake and what they would hear. moo They were shot in bed Parker.

They knew Ken wasn't coming to take a shower. moo

Edit: But I will say, we never saw that GPS evidence from the Ford F150. .. as far as I know.

Now Parker talks about wanting verified facts.

Last edited:

On Jake and Angela: What they said is just words and can't be proven or disproven.

Brings up timing of last activity of victims on their phones from phone records. Says "it doesn't add up" with the timeline Jake gave from the stand.

Parker accuses Jake of killing them all again as he did when Jake was on the stand. Says all the driving around and leaving the truck behind and using Chris Sr's truck doesn't make sense.

On to the custody motive - "have you ever heard of such a thing? No. ... It doesn't make sense.”

"Reason and experience teaches us people don't kill other people over custody.”

Running through how the plot came about. How Angela was concerned over possible sexual abuse of Jake's daughter. Then Billy says they have to kill them. Jake says no initially then says "I'm in" ... It's Jake and Billy - where is George in all this? Parker asks

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/evanmillward

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker asks the jury why the state would make a deal with Jake Wagner? "Because their case against George wasn’t strong.”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker says phone records are important in this case. "They reflect for sure what time somebody was alive - there is no proof beyond a reasonable doubt what time someone died.”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker questions the route Jake testified they used ("coming and going and backtracking and circling back") - and the truck swap that happened at Chris Sr's. "If this was a pre-planned murder - which it was - what sense does that make?”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker calls the custody battle a "theory." "It doesn’t make sense for one family to kill another over custody - have you ever heard of such a thing? No ... Quite frankly I don’t think anybody will ever believe this is about custody."

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker calls the Facebook message from Hanna May ("I'll never sign papers ... they'll have to kill me first") - 'alarming.' But says "People don’t kill over custody."

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker suggests killings were over concerns about possible sexual abuse of Sophia. Eventually Jake says he's in w/ Billy's plan. "Do you hear George’s name anywhere here? No. Do you hear anything about a family meeting to discuss killing these people? No.”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker calls Jake Wagner "a sick man." Says jury shouldn't trust his testimony. "Angela isn't any better.”

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker says "They’re liars, they’re con artists, their thieves." About Angela - "That woman’s got problems and you can’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth."

On Jake: "I think he's psychotic ... he's a sick man and I don't think you can believe him." Also says Angela is just as bad - "that woman has problems too." Didn't do anything to confirm suspicion of sexual abuse. "They're liars, they're con artists, they're thieves”

Angela is "getting out of prison with the state's permission." Saying she pulled another con with her deal - getting all 8 aggravated murder charges dismissed "she's not being held accountable”

Parker: Angela only bought two pairs of shoes - not three. That's because Jake and Billy planned it.

Talking about confirmation bias. "They can't give it up" and only look for evidence that confirm their theory.

"Jake is a disturbed young man and vastly different than George." Parker acknowledges George isn't perfect and has flaws but he's not at all like Jake.

That's the best you can do...not about custody, JW and AW said it was about sexual abuse!? Like a normally intelligent person can't see those are both the same thing!? This guy looks and sounds frantic...he's so on edge he's probably making the jurors feeling like they just want to him to stop talking. He's all over the place...it's embarrassing to witness AJMO

Last edited:

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker says Angela only bought two pair of shoes - "that's because Jake and Billy planned" the murders.

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker says this is a case of confirmation bias in the investigation. Cites the prosecution's continued discussion about Jake & George dying their hair - Jake says it had nothing to do w/ murder. Also cites the tattoo - George says it was to cover up old one.

CLOSING ARGUMENTS: Parker says of George - he's "not perfect but he is nothing like Jake - he spent as much time away from that home as he could."

Well Mr. Parker according to this you are wrong...Gary's blood was found on the floor by recliner. Image isn't the greatest but red dots=Gary, blue dots=Chris.

Attachments

• CRSRbiologicalevidencesketch.png
    CRSRbiologicalevidencesketch.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics