OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really about empathy. I'm just stating the facts. It will become his everyday life after a while. He's in there for life, probably high security. He's already had to adapt to the county. State Prison will be quite different but he's got some data to go on already. How to greet another inmate, how to speak to guards, etc... Prisons function like small cities for the most part. He can follow the day-to-day rules and orders, and then cry and pound his bunk at night, for the rest of his life, or decide to make the best of it, hopefully, become a better person, and do something positive with his life there. It's really up to him. Pastor Jake has come upon a persona that he'll likely work into the ground for gain.
I would imagine that “Pastor Jake” is using that hoping that a “Pastor” is less likely to get attacked in jail or prison and get better treatment… Just my opinion…

I would imagine that “Pastor Jake” is using that hoping that a “Pastor” is less likely to get attacked in jail or prison and get better treatment… Just my opinion…

Maybe, but he has not been harmed as of yet, and he is most likely in county lockup, with some who might be more familiar with the case. Probably got hung with the nickname Pastor Jake b/c of his preaching at others, with his newfound jailhouse religion. What else can he speak on? He's basically uneducated, but he was preached to every day of his life, about what was in the Good Book. AW's mini-me. Now if he steals from another inmate? Ouch.

There is nothing on the court site. Just his last hearing on 2/1/22.

I have heard/read that it might be late January, but I personally do not believe it will start that early.
With the judge retiring in February, I wonder if they will allow that to happen and then for him or another judge to be appointed for Billy's trial before it can begin. Or can they appoint a judge before the current judge retires in preparation for Billy's trial knowing the judge is retiring?

With the judge retiring in February, I wonder if they will allow that to happen and then for him or another judge to be appointed for Billy's trial before it can begin. Or can they appoint a judge before the current judge retires in preparation for Billy's trial knowing the judge is retiring?

IIRC, it was announced a visiting judge will be appointed to hear Billy's trial. Prosecutor Rob Junk will be the new judge to replace Judge Deering. Junk can't preside over Billy's trial.

Junk would not likely hear the case since he prosecuted Wagner IV. Deering could handle it – in Pike County or elsewhere – by appointment of the Ohio Supreme Court's chief justice.

Last edited:
I've been listening over to some of the earliest days of the trial. I really wanted to listen to the testimony about Chris Sr and Gary again and then Kenneth. As I am listening to Luke Rhoden being cross examined, my blood is boiling all over again. :mad:

I've been listening over to some of the earliest days of the trial. I really wanted to listen to the testimony about Chris Sr and Gary again and then Kenneth. As I am listening to Luke Rhoden being cross examined, my blood is boiling all over again. :mad:

Do you know where that video is of them on a plane where S broke a video screen and twice bit Angie? Acting out because she had Angie raising her and Angie would talk all the time about child sexual abuse and poisoning, questioning the kids all the time, etc...probably making both kids scared and confused.

This is a good one - Investigators interview with Angela Wagner heard for first time:

She talks alot about the Rhodens including Hanna. The dogs were fine if Chris was there but if not, they would bite. One dog bit Jake several times when he would go over there looking for Hanna but Chris wasn't home. See, note how the Wagners were able to get past Chris's dogs. They had Chris up and ready to control them when he was expecting Billy to come over for their fake meeting.

She said she was in Chris's trailer one time but didn't like to sit on dog hair so she never went back. She went to one Rhoden family 4th of July fireworks party but didn't like how there was firework smoke and cigarette smoke around Brently when he was a baby, and she didn't like their partying so she never went back.

She left the air force she said because her parent's divorced and her dad became disabled. A hardship leave, I think.

She explained about doing visitation with S and sometimes changing the days of visitation and navigating Christmas visitation, etc....Interesting details come out, and you can hear her getting in a snarky negative remark here or there about Hanna and Dana and the Rhodens but she says she doesn't want to be "judgemental."

This is the interview where she says Billy broke his back. Interesting hearing her talk about the day of the murders, she said Jake had went up to the hospital. In my opinion to pretend like he didn't know if there were any injured, Angela said they didn't know how many had been shot.

Now we know that after that night, when they returned, they told her 8 were shot and then she asked them "why so many?" And the answer was "because they were there."

Last edited:
I'm sorry whomever it was that wanted a link to the picture, the interview, of the three Rhodens talking to the press after the verdict. It was removed in error. The picture I posted WAS taken from the link I DID include in the post. I'm sorry, I don't know how to go about remedying something like that.

She talks alot about the Rhodens including Hanna. The dogs were fine if Chris was there but if not, they would bite. One dog bit Jake several times when he would go over there looking for Hanna but Chris wasn't home. See, note how the Wagners were able to get past Chris's dogs. They had Chris up and ready to control them when he was expecting Billy to come over for their fake meeting.

I'm probably not the only person who cried at that part of AW's interview when she talked of S acting out on the airplane. I hope I never meet Angela Wagner in person.

Everyone racked their brains trying to figure out how Wags got past the dogs. Turned out we weren't considering that they had called Chris Sr in advance to arrange a visit. That was quite a revelation. Without details of the murders, we assumed they were all ambushed while sleeping and that Chris Sr woke up quickly enough to fight them.

In retrospect, it was a good idea to keep an unusually large amount of info about the crimes out of public view. The Wagners are professional liars and might have weaseled out of some charges. Given the dark crime scenes, there were quite a few details they were unaware of.

I still wish prosecutors had revealed the results of the toxicology reports of the Rhodens and Hannah G. JMO, it would have helped if the public knew they were sober people, with the exception of Gary. People who went to bed early to get up in the morning for their jobs with no more than caffeine in their systems.

I wish that I knew what Canepa was referring to in the presser, when she said the Wagner family came into her radar on September 2016.
It was said Billy was interviewed about 5 months after the murders, which would put that around September. Personally, I think the fight with Chris Sr. Was the tipping point. Multiple Rhoden family members told BCI about the fight, yet Billy denied it in the interview. Not sure the $20k in cash in the safe was Billy's, but I do believe the Wagners were trying to get inside the safe. It's too much of a coincidence IMO Jake's he set up to "help secure custody of S" had a goal of the same amount as the cash inside Chris Sr's house. I think custody of S was only part of this ordeal. I think Billy was business partners with CRSr and the relationship had soured was just as big as custody if not the driving factor.

Back from my travels and thought I'd post GW4's sentencing date, 12/19/2022!

Mon, December 5, 2022 at 4:14 AM

New information confirms when George Wagner IV will be back in the courtroom later this month.

Last week a jury in Pike County convicted Wagner on 22 counts for his role in the murder of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families.

Wagner will be sentenced on December 19th, according to court documents.

The whole narrative that GW4 did not know anything about the planning or plotting of the murders is so untrue and way off base the way he tried to convey it to the jury. His eyes and body language did not lie and served well as backup to the already damaging evidence presented by the prosecution.

The W’s have a very strange and unhealthy obsession about children. Maybe it’s me, but I don’t understand it or can I grasp an understanding of it. Makes no sense. For that I am thankful. Children are seen as property, trophy, and possessions. It makes you wonder what else their weird warped minds were thinking and why they were so desperate for children. They went as far as to steal children from their mothers even if that meant murder to gain custody.

GW4 was proud of his upbringing and how he was raised. We heard about his upbringing and he held on tight to the person he had become. He took ownership of it and expressed proudly and bragged about it proudly. He was a know it all, knew more than anyone else—so he thought. He put everyone down and if you weren’t like him, you were crap. He is no different than AW. He is a male version of her.

He denied any involvement of the murders thought his personality showed different. He is his worst enemy. He put an illegal bullseye on many innocent animals and now it’s his turn.

He carried on violently and aggressively most of his life. We heard the wiretaps. He was there, testimonies and evidence showed that. GW4 gave insight into his own demise. No poker face, for this gambler.

Deep down he hates women. His pea brain thinks they are good for one thing only. We heard horrible things about women and disrespected them. Abusive toward children too. He is not the victim, through he’d like to think he is. He is the villain. He will have plenty of time to think about what he’s done and what led up to this point.

Yes, it’s easy to feel sorry for him. I do feel sorry and sad for him. He is human and humans make really horrible mistakes, but he should pay for the crimes committed or he will repeat. People need to be safe, protected. He could have stopped the murders. He did not!

All of this is in my opinion and matter of opinion.

The whole narrative that GW4 did not know anything about the planning or plotting of the murders is so untrue and way off base the way he tried to convey it to the jury. His eyes and body language did not lie and served well as backup to the already damaging evidence presented by the prosecution.

The W’s have a very strange and unhealthy obsession about children. Maybe it’s me, but I don’t understand it or can I grasp an understanding of it. Makes no sense. For that I am thankful. Children are seen as property, trophy, and possessions. It makes you wonder what else their weird warped minds were thinking and why they were so desperate for children. They went as far as to steal children from their mothers even if that meant murder to gain custody.

GW4 was proud of his upbringing and how he was raised. We heard about his upbringing and he held on tight to the person he had become. He took ownership of it and expressed proudly and bragged about it proudly. He was a know it all, knew more than anyone else—so he thought. He put everyone down and if you weren’t like him, you were crap. He is no different than AW. He is a male version of her.

He denied any involvement of the murders thought his personality showed different. He is his worst enemy. He put an illegal bullseye on many innocent animals and now it’s his turn.

He carried on violently and aggressively most of his life. We heard the wiretaps. He was there, testimonies and evidence showed that. GW4 gave insight into his own demise. No poker face, for this gambler.

Deep down he hates women. His pea brain thinks they are good for one thing only. We heard horrible things about women and disrespected them. Abusive toward children too. He is not the victim, through he’d like to think he is. He is the villain. He will have plenty of time to think about what he’s done and what led up to this point.

Yes, it’s easy to feel sorry for him. I do feel sorry and sad for him. He is human and humans make really horrible mistakes, but he should pay for the crimes committed or he will repeat. People need to be safe, protected. He could have stopped the murders. He did not!

you have expressed what I have failed to articulate. Ty

Back from my travels and thought I'd post GW4's sentencing date, 12/19/2022!

Mon, December 5, 2022 at 4:14 AM

New information confirms when George Wagner IV will be back in the courtroom later this month.

Last week a jury in Pike County convicted Wagner on 22 counts for his role in the murder of eight members of the Rhoden and Gilley families.

Wagner will be sentenced on December 19th, according to court documents.
Will there be victim impact statements at Dec. 19 sentencing?
Will Judge Deering again permit opt-out video/audio for victim statements?
Since Deering is retiring, this may be his last time at the bench.

It was said Billy was interviewed about 5 months after the murders, which would put that around September. Personally, I think the fight with Chris Sr. Was the tipping point. Multiple Rhoden family members told BCI about the fight, yet Billy denied it in the interview. Not sure the $20k in cash in the safe was Billy's, but I do believe the Wagners were trying to get inside the safe. It's too much of a coincidence IMO Jake's he set up to "help secure custody of S" had a goal of the same amount as the cash inside Chris Sr's house. I think custody of S was only part of this ordeal. I think Billy was business partners with CRSr and the relationship had soured was just as big as custody if not the driving factor.

Yes, rumors about that safe, the money and the Wagners wanting it have been floating around on social media since a few months after the murders (AFAIK), especially after LE moved the Rhoden family trailers to storage. We couldn't discuss it here, but learning about it during the trial confirmed suspicions.

Did local LE have any suspicions about this after the murders? It ended up being BCI agents who snagged Billy for the interview. Maybe we'll learn more during Billy's trial. When it comes to LE, though, I'd like to eventually find out who knew what and when.

I feel sorry for both George and Jake because they were raised to be criminals. They were isolated from others and lived a bizarre lifestyle where young teenage girls (3 out of 3 sexual abuse victims) were chosen and groomed to be their wives or the mothers of their children. They didn't have a broad education or learn to question what they were taught as children.

Rightly done, it's a good thing to be aware of all forms of child abuse. It's a good thing to protect children. But the Wagners have twisted, dysfunctional, paranoid ideas about protecting children. For me, concluding that George was involved in the murders was not primarily about forensic evidence but about the overwhelming evidence of how George and Jake were groomed into criminality--with no signs that they ever walked away from the family's life of crimes. George's confessions about these various crimes convinced me that he is a criminal, and as arielilane says, one who hates and dominates women. The testimony about the poaching and his glee about the illegal (and unsporting) ways he killed animals says he likes killing.

The massive overkill, multiple shots to the face for totally innocent victims (Gary, Hannah Hazel, Dana, Chris, Jr., in particular) shows a lot of emotion, and while Hanna might have inspired rage in Jake (hence the overkill), I've always felt the overkill in the other victims, and the one-shot to Kenneth's eye, showed that they were enjoying the killings. They were in their own little violent movie fantasy sequel to the Boondock Saints. I never thought that the prosecution was reaching on this point; these crime scenes mirror that sort of violent film.

I'm one person who thinks the tattoos speak for themselves. The deer head obsession is all about trophies. The only "trophy" they could really take was cash, and we will never know how much they scored in cash. But the tattoos? That's how they they thought they could brag in plain sight about their great night of slaughter. The tattoo artist may well think he suggested elements of the composition but once the 8-ball was in the mix and the 3 aces (not 4), the rest is just details. These are really stupid people who thought they would get away with a slaughter. Just my opinion and my interpretation of what I saw and heard in the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member