OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Scheiderer saw the matching .22 casings when he was putting the GPS tracker on Jake's truck, not when the search was done a few weeks later.

I remember them talking around the time of the arrests/arraignments, they said something about a BCI Agent (Scheiderer) looking down and seeing something.

We always said something big happened in the investigation between the time the tracker was put on James Manley's truck on April 22 and the searches on May 12. Up until they found those casings, they were still thinking James Manley was a suspect.
And when they found the shoe receipt & forged custody docs, the charges against Manley were dropped…I think that’s how it went.

That’s a full year James was under suspicion, poor guy. Between that & Leonard’s shoes, it’s no wonder Leonard was always bent out of shape with the law. I’m so glad he lived to see W-4 arrested.

If Billy really flipped out like JW said, after CRsr was dead. I bet FW could read her son well enough, to Know something was not right with his behavior. Nightmares, not sleeping, more then normal drug use. But something he could not hide from her, made even RW?
Didn't they say George was having nightmares?

Does anyone remember which one was filing something about Jail House Snitches?

I thought it might be from nightmares.

As for giving a truck to his niece, I would say this was out of Billy normal behavior. I bet he always wanted his share from Mommy, and half of RW.
All My opinions!

JMO, FW knew exactly what happened that night. She may not have known all of it beforehand, but she probably did during and afterwards. FW is the kind of person who always knows what everyone in her domain is doing. She's a boss of a business enterprise. She didn't get where she is by not keeping control and paying attention.

With FR, JMO, they suspected she was involved in more than they could prove. They probably knew she would fight, but they didn't have enough evidence to go after her on some of the other activities she was part of.

Well since most on here know, I am a stickler for our 6th Amendment and IMO, FW has a right to defend any and all accusations made against her. :)

And when they found the shoe receipt & forged custody docs, the charges against Manley were dropped…I think that’s how it went.

That’s a full year James was under suspicion, poor guy. Between that & Leonard’s shoes, it’s no wonder Leonard was always bent out of shape with the law. I’m so glad he lived to see W-4 arrested.

That was a very frustrating time following this case. We knew something was wrong when they kept going back to the Manleys. We here knew it wasn't them, figured that out in the first day or so. Those people were too distraught, in shock. There was no reason for family to do it and it didn't seem in their nature.

In spring 2017, it was really beginning to look like the murders would never be solved. When they let the Wagners go to AK, we all freaked out, especially knowing they were taking S with them. Of course, we didn't know that BCI was following them. It seemed like the end of it - that the Wagners would stay up in AK and nothing would happen.

OT: Hey did anyone see Donald Stone last night? He must be very happy, too. He did a great job testifying at George's trial.

Angela owned her dad's house, there are Wagner bank accounts, the Wagners had trucks and trailers and many other various possessions.......possibly still owned some land somewhere. Billy has a trust fund.
Again, no link but I believe I recently read someone here pulled the deed or title work on Angela’s father’s house and it is actually in RN’s name. I could have dreamed that though. I dozed in and out a few nights reading here.

I've been wondering to what extent FW knew pre arrest, about these murders. Did JW and AW provide any insight in their proffers pertaining to FW

I just wonder what all was put in those proffers? Hopefully one day we will.o_O Just me, but I lean towards "not much if anything" as to FW.

Last edited:
JMO. What bank accounts? I would love for the families of all eight victims to get any and all monies or property these 4 monsters had/have, but I don't see it really amounting to a whole hell of a lot.

In fact IMO BW had no trust fund set up. I guess they could slip Billy some truth serum and he could tell them where all that buried money is. :rolleyes:

As far as FW and RN, I don't think that will go anywhere. All JMO.

There are several banks in George's April 28th Discovery (8.26 GB, 13,844 Files, 695 Folders)
including FW Bank Information from various Banks.
Seems all 5 of them did some banking together: Bank of America, Capitol One, Chase Bank, Fifth Third, Fifth Third passwords, First State Bank, Ohio Valley Bank, Sheffield Financial, Farm Credit, Merchants, Guaranty, many subpoenas for bank records, FW statements and partial response letter.

See the Discovery attachment below:
Again, no link but I believe I recently read someone here pulled the deed or title work on Angela’s father’s house and it is actually in RN’s name. I could have dreamed that though. I dozed in and out a few nights reading here.

I remember Canepa said that Angie was living in the house she inherited from her dad so if Angie did inherit it then it could be sold and the money given to the families.

However, it's possible Angie let her mom take over the house after she was arrested. For all we know it could have been sold. I will have to find that South Webster address again and look that house up on Zillow.

Attachments

• George 4 28-2021 Discovery (1) (2) (1) (1) (1) (3).pdf
    533 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
If Billy really flipped out like JW said, after CRsr was dead. I bet FW could read her son well enough, to Know something was not right with his behavior. Nightmares, not sleeping, more then normal drug use. But something he could not hide from her, made even RW?
Didn't they say George was having nightmares?

Does anyone remember which one was filing something about Jail House Snitches?

I thought it might be from nightmares.

As for giving a truck to his niece, I would say this was out of Billy normal behavior. I bet he always wanted his share from Mommy, and half of RW.

All My opinions!

Here is where Jail House Snitches came up:

Feb 11, 2020

Wagner’s attorney has raised concerns about “jailhouse snitches," saying inmates at the Franklin County Jail where Wagner is being held are trying to get information out of him about the case. The so-called “snitches” are trying to draw the information out of Wagner, his attorney says, so they can trade it for “liberty in their own cases”.

You are correct, it was me about a month ago. I looked it up and the property owners are Edward and Rita Carter so Rita's name was never taken off the deed when they divorced. Since Ed died I assume ownership would go to Rita. Chris N. testified he lives there now with his fiance and children. Rita's mother owns the house next door.

There are several banks in George's April 28th Discovery (8.26 GB, 13,844 Files, 695 Folders)
including FW Bank Information from various Banks.
Seems all 5 of them did some banking together: Bank of America, Capitol One, Chase Bank, Fifth Third, Fifth Third passwords, First State Bank, Ohio Valley Bank, Sheffield Financial, Farm Credit, Merchants, Guaranty, many subpoenas for bank records, FW statements and partial response letter.

I just wish we knew if the 4 W's actually had money in any of those accounts, or were they just bank statements. It seems like if they were active accounts with balances they would have factored in when court appointed attorneys were provided.

I don't understand why FW's bank records were in GW4's discovery?? I am burnt out on this trial, and will be glad when they all are sentenced. :eek:

Last edited:
No prob. I did screenshots because sometimes a poster can't get documents to download from Scribd. So this way they can still read the documents.

If you have any opinions about the civil lawsuit please post.

Do you think that this civil lawsuit will allow the victim's families to get financial gain from the Wagners?
In other words, Tony doesn't want the Wagners to profit off of their crimes but does it look to you like the victim's families will be able to seize Wagner property and money in bank accounts, etc...?

Angela owned her dad's house, there are Wagner bank accounts, the Wagners had trucks and trailers and many other various possessions.......possibly still owned some land somewhere. Billy has a trust fund.

I hope they get everything the 4 Wagner's owned from the time they were arrested. And that if any Wagner money and property went to other people, I hope the court can recover all of that for the families. If a criminal commits a violent crime against someone and the criminal knows they could be sued by their victim, it is illegal in some States for the criminal to transfer all of their money and assets to other people and the court will still seize back all of the criminal's assets for the victim.
They can lay claim to any amount of monies they want.

Hopefully, FW didn't move monies around, out of her name. She have offshore accounts? If so, untouchable.

I'm not sure on the trust monies, though. IIRC, irrevocable trusts can't be can't have a lien; but not really sure on this.

JMO. What bank accounts? I would love for the families of all eight victims to get any and all monies or property these 4 monsters had/have, but I don't see it really amounting to a whole hell of a lot.

In fact IMO BW had no trust fund set up. I guess they could slip Billy some truth serum and he could tell them where all that buried money is. :rolleyes:

IMO, they want to see how the civil trial evolves and if FW testifies everything she says can be held against her in criminal court. Otherwise, they'll just allow statute of limitations run out. JMO

I really don't feel there are any substantial balances left in those bank a/c's. It takes a lot of working cash to run a farm the size of the FWF.

IMO, the Wagner's wealth lies in the value of their land. Legally I don't exactly know how that land is held.

I did notice additional officers were added to the FWF (11/18/2018) just days after the arrests (11/13/2018).

Thoughts anyone?

JMO

IMO, they want to see how the civil trial evolves and if FW testifies everything she says can be held against her in criminal court. Otherwise, they'll just allow statute of limitations run out. JMO

IMO FW won't be in criminal court again, and I doubt there will be any judgment against her in a civil court. I have been known to be wrong though. ;)

I really don't feel there are any substantial balances left in those bank a/c's. It takes a lot of working cash to run a farm the size of the FWF.

IMO, the Wagner's wealth lies in the value of their land. Legally I don't exactly know how that land is held.

I did notice additional officers were added to the FWF (11/18/2018) just days after the arrests (11/13/2018).

Thoughts anyone?

JMO

Thank you, I hadn't looked at them in detail. 5 days after arrests, hmm.

I never once thought poor LM was involved. You can’t do something like this and fake the emotions he was showing. The poor man was totally devastated mentally and heart broken. Remember how much it even affected Reader at that press conference and he didn’t have the the loss that the victim’s families had… Those two and the ridiculous heinousness of the crimes got me wondering how it could happen and here I still am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73