OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an RN, have worked in all specialties (Peds, OB, Med/Surg, critical care, ER, community and behavioral health fields) in my 44 yrs experience. The small foam cap is NOT a significant finding. It can be caused by live patients as well as deceased. I have seen it after seizures, drug over doses (not just opioids), electrolyte imbalances, over-active salivary gland or infected tonsils and dehydration. All it is is excess saliva mixing with oxygen and it may be enhanced if labored breathing. The only reason it was mentioned was because it is not normally seen but it’s not a big abnormality either. The coroner’s job is to describe the body parts in detail.

Postpartem mother’s are not typically given more than Extra Strength Tylenol or Tylenol #3 for pain. In rare instances they may be given low dose opioids like Percocet (other trade names are Percodan, Loricet, Lortabs, etc) but only if they had a huge vaginal tear or c-section. Opioids are NEVER given if breastfeeding.
I agree with all you said. Thank you for bringing in your experience. However, I was prescribed opiates after every birth. For the first two it was just a day or so. Wasn't sent home with a prescription for them. With #3, nearly two weeks of opiates every four hours at the start, then less often as needed. Forceps delivery. I was a strictly breastfeeding mom with all 3.

I am an RN, have worked in all specialties (Peds, OB, Med/Surg, critical care, ER, community and behavioral health fields) in my 44 yrs experience. The small foam cap is NOT a significant finding. It can be caused by live patients as well as deceased. I have seen it after seizures, drug over doses (not just opioids), electrolyte imbalances, over-active salivary gland or infected tonsils and dehydration. All it is is excess saliva mixing with oxygen and it may be enhanced if labored breathing. The only reason it was mentioned was because it is not normally seen but it’s not a big abnormality either. The coroner’s job is to describe the body parts in detail.

Postpartem mother’s are not typically given more than Extra Strength Tylenol or Tylenol #3 for pain. In rare instances they may be given low dose opioids like Percocet (other trade names are Percodan, Loricet, Lortabs, etc) but only if they had a huge vaginal tear or c-section. Opioids are NEVER given if breastfeeding.
I know my DIL was prescribed OXY after she had my grandson in Oklahoma about 8 years ago. My grand DIL was prescribed OXY after she had my great grandson in Texas 3 years ago. Both were in great amount of pain after childbirth. They both were given 10 pills each with no refills. But both told their DR's they had no plans to breastfeed.

I have no idea if both Dr's give other patients OXY or if it differs from state to state or area to area. I only know about those two.

But I think the issue of whether Hanna was taking opiates is a moot point as we know she did not die of an OD. She died from a bullet in her brain.

JMO

I agree with all you said. Thank you for bringing in your experience. However, I was prescribed opiates after every birth. For the first two it was just a day or so. Wasn't sent home with a prescription for them. With #3, nearly two weeks of opiates every four hours at the start, then less often as needed. Forceps delivery. I was a strictly breastfeeding mom with all 3.
IMO, where all going to see in the future that Hanna May Rhoden had some kind of chest trauma and I’m like the rest of you sleuthers I believe that Hanna Rhoden was awake when she was killed, Jake would have made sure of that just to tell her what he had done, and if Dana was dead in the hallway, I really believe it was in Hanna Mays doorway, JMO

Pike County murders: Movie’s use of gun silencer mirrors that of slain family, evidence shows
Published: Monday, February 04, 2019 @ 8:06 AM
By: Breaking News Staff

A clip from the popular 1999 movie, “The Boondock Saints,” is being used as evidence in the Pike County murders where eight members of the Rhoden Family were murdered in their homes in 2016, according to court documents.

RELATED: Death penalty possible for 4 of 6 arrested in Rhoden killings

In the Rhoden family killings, George “Billy” Wagner III, his wife, Angela Wagner, and their sons, George Wagner IV and Jake Wagner are charged with eight counts of aggravated murder, plus gun and death penalty specifications on each; one count conspiracy; four counts aggravated burglary; one count unlawful possession of a dangerous ordnance; three counts evidence tampering, and one count each of forgery, unauthorized use of property, interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, obstructing justice and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

The film is about two brothers in Boston who take on a deadly form of vigilante justice by murdering mobsters and other criminals. The killers in the movie use silencers on their guns, the same killing style that members of the Wagner family are accused of using to execute the Rhodens.

Investigators combed through 1,100 tips, but the final piece of evidence that led to the indictments of the Wagner family and their arrests on Halloween were due to the finding of the gun silencer, according to then-Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.

New facts show that the homemade gun silencer that prosecutors found was at the bottom of a well on property the Wagner’s used to own, according to court documents.

“They may have had a certain interest in it. But it seemed to have resonated with them in terms of what to do -- how to solve their problem”, said Marc Clauson, Cedarville University Law Professor.

RELATED: Court docs reveal custody battle at heart of killings

A custody battle is an apparent motive in the killings, officials said. Jake Wagner has a two-year old daughter with one of the victims.

Wagner grandmothers, Fredericka Wagner, Billy’s mother, and Rita Newcomb, Angela’s mother, are charged with obstructing justice and perjury in the case
Movies use of gun silencer mirrors that of slain Rhoden family

IMO, where all going to see in the future that Hanna May Rhoden had some kind of chest trauma and I’m like the rest of you sleuthers I believe that Hanna Rhoden was awake when she was killed, Jake would have made sure of that just to tell her what he had done, and if Dana was dead in the hallway, I really believe it was in Hanna Mays doorway, JMO
I agree with you JBB. I think when she heard her mother being shot she sat up in bed and she was hit in the chest with the stock of a rifle to knock her back down and stun her so Jake could tell her how many of her family he killed. I think Hanna died last and was wide awake when he told her he had killed her whole family. I can just see him telling her with that pleased smirk on his face the entire time. One of the reasons I would like to slap that pleased smirk off his face every time I see it. JMO

(Bolded/underscored by me)

Tylenol No. 3:
Acetaminophen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 300 mg
No. 3 Codeine Phosphate . . . . . . . . . . . 30 mg
(Warning: May be habit forming)

Codeine phosphate is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever) drug used to treat many causes of mild to moderate pain.

Link:
Side Effects of Codeine Phosphate (Codeine Phosphate), Warnings, Uses

Just for the record--I never, ever said that I thought HMR had an opioid overdose. I simply stated, quite clearly, that she may have been legally prescribed a pain medication by her board-certified physician in the State of Ohio and possibly was taking it for postpartum (post childbirth) pain in the manner in which it was prescribed to her. I never, ever stated that she died as the result of an opioid medication in her system.

I am fully aware that HMR and her seven family members were coldly and calculatedly murdered. I would never make any untoward comment aimed at any of the Rhoden/Gilley murder victims.

Nice one, CC! :cool:
Well what is important is that Canepa “wins” against these defense motions that are trying to get evidence “thrown out.”

There is a defense motion arguing to get Jake’s history of violence that took place before the murders tossed out. And all 4 are trying to get crime scene photos thrown out.

Canepa says no. She wants to put Jake’s violence before the Jury. I bet there will be family witnesses giving testimony to this.

Canepa says no to not showing crime scene photos.

Canepa says crime scene photos are necessary and is willing to go over them with the defense when the time comes during trial. She seems to have a “steel backbone” which is what is needed.

I will cull through the Journal Entries to see if Deering ruled on these 2 motions.

Last edited:
Short of saying it was just her and BW3 who pulled the triggers for all 8 victims that night, nothing AW does or says will make her sons look less guilty. JMO
Do you think that Angela and Billy was the shooters the night the Rhodens where killed, what do you think that Jake and George 4th did that night?

Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye. To her, that indicates he must have known or trusted his killer.

While police have released little, they have said they found three marijuana grow operations at two of the scenes, leading some to speculate drugs were the motive and organized criminals the perpetrators. Some family members said they knew grow operations were on the properties of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Kenneth Rhoden. Others say they knew nothing of the grow sites. But they tend to doubt marijuana was the motive, or that strangers killed their family
Ohio family clings to hope 3 months after 8 were killed

Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye. To her, that indicates he must have known or trusted his killer.

While police have released little, they have said they found three marijuana grow operations at two of the scenes, leading some to speculate drugs were the motive and organized criminals the perpetrators. Some family members said they knew grow operations were on the properties of Christopher Rhoden Sr. and Kenneth Rhoden. Others say they knew nothing of the grow sites. But they tend to doubt marijuana was the motive, or that strangers killed their family

If that were the case, they ask, why were dogs left alive at Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s trailer? His two dogs, a pitbull named Chance, and a boxer named Paisley, were found outside his trailer the morning of April 22. Kenneth Rhoden’s dog, a pit-terrier mix named Brownie, was alive and well when a cousin and his son found Kenneth Rhoden lying dead on his back in his bed, hours after the first seven victims had been found on Union Hill Road, several miles away.

And another haunting question nags surviving relatives, too: If members of a drug cartel pulled the trigger, why did they leave the children unharmed? Wouldn't they kill everyone?

LIVING WITH FEAR, COPING WITH LOSS

Authorities called the slayings well-planned executions, with the killer or killers taking pains to cover their tracks. Surveillance cameras at the properties were either destroyed or taken. Thirty-two shots were fired, but investigators will not discuss if the killers took the shell casings or if they found any bullet fragments. Nor will they discuss if they know the types of weapons used.

That leads to speculation the killer is walking among them. Family members, not to mention the police, are convinced someone knows more than they are saying.

And that weighs heavily on the extended family, many of whom still can’t sleep and find themselves looking at people with suspicion.

Stacie Rigsby, Kenneth Rhoden’s former wife and Kendra Rhoden’s mother, has changed the locks on her doors, made adjustments to secure her windows and often asks a friend to spend the night with her. She is convinced damage done to her mailbox in early May is tied to the killings. Two weeks later, the family reported a masked man on the property who ran off, according to police reports.

Authorities investigated the incidents. They called each a coincidence. You can’t convince Rigsby of that.

Also in May, Geneva Rhoden came home to find her apartment door tampered with, according to a police report. No one had gotten into the apartment.

That did little, however, to assuage her surviving children.

Later in the hearing, when Judge Deering was greeting all the parties, he mentioned at least one of the young women worked for one of Billy W's attorneys. Possibly the other one, too.

Odd the state has to pay for special consultants to help defense attorneys sort through all the evidence when AC and her team are having to manage all 6 trials. :rolleyes:

‘IANAL but during my sister in-law’s trial there was the County Prosecutor, State Special Prosecutor (mainly in charge) and 2 law interns. Defense was only Krapenc. The interns did a little bit of the trial but not much. That’s how they get their law experience, by shadowing. JMOO.

I agree! However, Robin went to all the ones through July 3, but none (of AW's) after that. IIRC.

‘This is just a thought but do you suppose FW just realized that AW was the one who ordered the BPVs and other garb that FW claimed she paid for on the Amazon/EBay/PayPal accts? Maybe FW realizes how she mistakenly owned up to making the purchases to save BW but realized it was AW she lied for and how close FW came to being a permanent resident of the Iron Bar Motel. JMOO.

thank you Johnny B for the redacted autopsies..****I apologize if this offensive**** did anyone notice that in only HG's report under EXTERNAL EXAMINATION:GENERAL it states: The pubic hair consists of redacted. What could that mean?? Again I apologize if this is offensive.

‘I, too, don’t want to sound offensive but perhaps it was recently shaved or waxed. JMOO

It sounds to me like the Defense Attorneys want someone else to do the tedious work. They don't want to have to sift through everything. From what I've seen, it looks like the Prosecution has things organized fairly well for them already. I get a feeling the Defense Attorneys are pretty much overwhelmed with all the evidence. MOO.

JMO, but it seems to me the Defense is asking Prosecution to do ALL the work. Isn’t that the Def responsibility to refute the evidence. “Ms Prosecutor, could you kindly go through all the evidence, wrap it with a bow, flag all the areas that you intend to bring up against my client so I can have time to concoct stories that may inflict doubt. Oh, and btw, could you bring me a cup off coffee while you’re at it...”. Lol. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. After 44 yrs of being a hand maiden to the doctors it just hit me funny. They make the big bucks and low life’s like me bring them everything they need for 1/16 of the pay. I’ll get off my soapbox now. Sorry to get OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg