OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #70

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69

Last edited by a moderator:
Why will this week be busy - did I miss something? I thought jury voir dire continues on 8/29 - and nothing is happening this week...
TIA! :)
Sorry, didn’t mean to cause confusion. I had nothing in mind other than our usual discussions.
And to bump the new thread. Nothing related to Court.

I wonder if it could be for Reader testifying or the issue Deering said another judge would be hearing .

I think for Reader testifying he would just get a subpoena like everyone else. But I think you could be right on the issue where another judge would be doing a hearing. She is probably the judge for this.

I can't remember for sure but I think maybe they were using the different judge for Motion #90.

Relating to the defense wanting Elizabeth Wagner's address and doing an in camera hearing on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220821-155333.png
    Screenshot_20220821-155333.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220821-155415.png
    Screenshot_20220821-155415.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220821-155453.png
    Screenshot_20220821-155453.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20220821-155510.png
    Screenshot_20220821-155510.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I think for Reader testifying he would just get a subpoena like everyone else. But I think you could be right on the issue where another judge would be doing a hearing. She is probably the judge for this.

I can't remember for sure but I think maybe they were using the different judge for Motion #90.

Relating to the defense wanting Elizabeth Wagner's address and doing an in camera hearing on it.
Thank you . Hadn’t read that.

My heart aches for the families. What they are going to have to relive, more than they do everyday during the testimonies.
I couldn't agree more. I had been hoping for a last minute plea change in the hopes of sparing the loved ones--and especially FR and HR children and GW4 son--but with the trial starting next week I guess it won't happen. Jmo

Right at the end of last thread there was quote from an article about CRSR helping GR so much to get him clean and sober. But, BW used a ruse of a potential drug deal as a means to meet with CRSr in order to kill him.

I'm really afraid GW4's team is going to trash CRSR if any witness tries to say CRSR was a good guy. I cannot imagine how hard that is going to be for the surviving loved ones. Jmo

Not that I mean to sound sympathetic to JW, AW and GW4 because I personally hope they all suffer a ghastly miserable existence for the rest of their days. But, I cannot even begin to imagine how tough emotionally it will for the three of them when GW4/AW and GW4/JW see each other's faces for the first time in almost six years. Jmo

Right at the end of last thread there was quote from an article about CRSR helping GR so much to get him clean and sober. But, BW used a ruse of a potential drug deal as a means to meet with CRSr in order to kill him.

I'm really afraid GW4's team is going to trash CRSR if any witness tries to say CRSR was a good guy. I cannot imagine how hard that is going to be for the surviving loved ones. Jmo

There is an article somewhere where it was mentioned that the proffers take away the defense's theory's of who else could have committed the murders.

Without the proffers the defense could try to make Chris Rhoden look bad, that he was all into drugs and drug gangs and cartel etc... And thus, he got his family killed by crossing drug dealers etc...

Without the confessions (proffers) the defense could try to make the Rhodens look bad, trash them based on drugs or whatever etc....To make it look like they angered a bunch of bad people.

But now the defense can't do that. Trashing the Rhodens won't work as a defense because everyone knows the Wagners did it over custody. Making Chris Sr. or any of the Rhodens look bad just makes the defense look bad and makes the Rhodens look more sympathetic.

I think it will totally turn off the jury if the defense gets negative against any of the Rhodens, Chris or any of them.

Last edited:
Not that I mean to sound sympathetic to JW, AW and GW4 because I personally hope they all suffer a ghastly miserable existence for the rest of their days. But, I cannot even begin to imagine how tough emotionally it will for the three of them when GW4/AW and GW4/JW see each other's faces for the first time in almost six years. Jmo
But remember, the Rhodens and Gillys won’t ever get to see their family members again.
I have hoped JW actually became remorseful for what he did to his daughter and has to live with that thought every day…

I couldn't agree more. I had been hoping for a last minute plea change in the hopes of sparing the loved ones--and especially FR and HR children and GW4 son--but with the trial starting next week I guess it won't happen. Jmo
At some point anger and frustration may have by now become part of the families grief process. Even revenge in the form of the accused publicly facing their actions and punishment. Not easy to go through the trial but may be what they need for it to feel finished and satisfaction that their loved ones received justice.

At some point anger and frustration may have by now become part of the families grief process. Even revenge in the form of the accused publicly facing their actions and punishment. Not easy to go through the trial but may be what they need for it to feel finished and satisfaction that their loved ones received justice.
absolutely the families were treated terribly by the mainstream media and abandonded early often . even when the wags were arrested several sympathetic wagner articles in media by multiple outlets. the audacity to basically ruin bobbi jo and james manley lives while they were greiving and traumatized . they discovered their closest loved ones brutally murder. bobbi jos comment about the strong smell of pennies when entering crsr home. these scum need to face atonement and the media has just now crawled back up to see whats going on .
when testimoney begins the evil revealed may finally give the families some sort of solace or imperfect justice. it very well could still be a cold case if not for the incredible investigation and determination by reader, canepa, bci and all the other leo who refused to let this stand. the furious pace of refusing to walk away from the case even when the lack of physical evidence made indictment out of reach. a perfect example of following your gut and applying pressure. jakes proffer really was a big big win for family. angelas on the other hand was ridiculous and i believe was packaged at same time as jakes to push him over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998