OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is lots of evidence of George being involved in the murder conspiracy according to the prosecution, without the proffers, and there is no reason to think the jury won't believe Angela's and Jake's testimony when they take the stand and you have 2 people not just one collaborating the evidence. 2 co-defendants.

The evidence from Jake and Angela will be compelling and will definitely place George at the crime scenes and in the murder conspiracy. There are 8,000 BCI recorded conversations of interest they have on the Wagner's including incriminating statements from George himself like "I told you to get rid of your phone and smash your laptop."

I believe that George insists to his attorneys that he is innocent. Nash came out and said this in a 2021 hearing.
But I now think Nash has his doubts about George's innocence and my reason for this is because he did "an about face" in his opening statement and actually said George wasn't there at all and knew nothing about it.

Earlier on, the defense did not deny in their Motions or at the hearings that George was at the murder scenes. They did not deny that:

1.) Angie placed him there.
2.) Jake placed him there.
3.) He went at the last minute.
4.) He only went to protect Jake from Billy.
5.) He hid at Chris's in the truck.
6.) He didn't shoot anyone while being there.
7.) He bought and modified the truck. Bought a mask and a night scope.

Now suddenly he wasn't even there? Because Ohio law sees him as guilty just for going along and participating.

DeWine said the evidence showed they arrested the right people who did it. There were 4 devils in it according to Canepa, and a prosecutor said George was involved in all 4 parts of the crime.

They saw from cell tower records that all 4 Wagner phones were together that night. They dug deeper into the cell records and found that in 2016 that night of the murders was the only time all of their phones were together. It places the 3 Wagner men together that night. (Peterson Rd.)

The search of Wagner property found the 22 shell casings that matched the casings at the crime scenes with George practice shooting gun suppressors in the woods, moving bodies at Chris's and leaving a footprint at Dana's. The best shoe print expert will be testifying for the prosecution with proof from Angie she bought the murder shoes for George and the tread on the shoes was new tread, bought just a few weeks before the murders.

There are so many things including the hair dye, lying to BCI about the custody and doing everything together including George voting for the murders and Angie confirming this.

Also, George bought, modified, and hid in the murder truck and at the very least tried to fire a gun that Jake then took from him. BCI also has George's 8 ball tattoo in evidence and how he lied to get custody of his own son and threatened his wife, along with threatening LE and anyone else who went against them.

Also the prosecutor said that Complicity in Ohio is if 2 or more people engage in criminal activity for the purpose of one doing one part the other doing the other part then each is responsible for the whole.

He, the prosecutor, said that the defendant doesn't seem to get that he doesn't seem to understand that - he wants to argue that he didn't do this or he didn't do that when the evidence will show that at the very least he participated in every phase of this crime:

The planning, the preparation, the execution and the cover up.

He also mentioned having both circumstantial and direct evidence.

The jury doesn't need to see George in a vehicle on a surveillance camera from that night to convict him of murder.

George's Tattoo:

Can't wait to see GW4 questioned about his tattoo. moo

If those are county roads, those pickups look to be making pretty good time. jmo

Edit: Depends on the road I guess. If there's no marked centerline, they're moving pretty quick.

Only time I've wished for a deer to jump out in the road..

Hopefully the prosecution presents these maps, videos, and times in a more clear way after the evidence is introduced.
I believe the prosecution will make everything more clear in time. They have to cross their “T’s” and dot their “I’s” to make all the evidence stick. It’s not an easy case with so many crime scenes and victims.

• 2022CA000915 STATE OF OHIO EX REL CINCINNATI ENQUIRER VS. HONORABLE RANDY D DEERING

DateDocket Text
09/22/2022COURT OF APPEALS FILING FEE Receipt: 38624 Date: 09/22/2022
09/22/2022COURT OF APPEALS DEPOSIT Receipt: 38624 Date: 09/22/2022
09/22/2022COMPLAINT FOR ALTERNATIVE WRIT OF PROHIBITION COPY TO ATTY 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS
09/22/2022MOTION FOR ALTERNATIVE WRIT OF PROHIBITION
09/23/2022SERVICE ISSUED TO PCSO -- HON. RANDY DEERING SERVED 9/23/22
09/27/2022MOTION FOR EXPEDITED ALTERNATIVE WRIT OF PROHIBITION FILED Attorney: GREINER, JOHN C
09/28/2022JUDGMENT ENTRY -- THE COURT ISSUES AN ALTERNATIVE WRIT; IN ORDER TO PERMIT REASONED CONSIDERATION OF THE REQUESTED WRIT OF PROHIBITION, THE RESPONDENT SHALL FILE AN ANSWER OR DISPOSITIVE MOTION PURSUANT TO LOC.R. 16 AND THE OHIO RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE; THE ANSWER OR DISPOSITIVE MOTION SHALL BE FILED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE JOURNALIZATION OF THIS JUDGMENT ENTRY; RELATORS MAY FILE A REPLY WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE FILING OF THE RESPONSE COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL AND UNREPRESENTED PARTIES

Can anyone explain why this county line deal is such a big issue? Or maybe it isn't and the defense is just trying to insert this to have an appeal later?

I thought the agent gave a good answer about as long as it was a continuning crime it was allowed to be charged in that county.

How many crimes are done in a spree like this and I don't recall trial in every county for each offense.

Wouldn't they rule on this beforehand? If it couldn't be done wouldn't the charges be filed in that county for Dana, CRjr, and Hanna Mae? The fact they drove around and continued to go back and forth tells me it's all one crime and they didn't go home, come back to kill someone else, they left home to commit all these crimes, then did it over the next 4 hours and then returned home. Is that how the agent was explaining one continuous event?

UGH this defense is really annoying. It's VERY telling what they are choosing to pick apart. It means there is NO DEFESE because he was there and he did this so they have to pick apart things that are distractions from the real crimes.
I think the defense is bringing up all of these issues so that they are on record, and later on they can go back and see what sticks to they wall when they file their appeals after GW4 is found guilty

• 2022CA000915 STATE OF OHIO EX REL CINCINNATI ENQUIRER VS. HONORABLE RANDY D DEERING

DateDocket Text
09/22/2022COURT OF APPEALS FILING FEE Receipt: 38624 Date: 09/22/2022
09/22/2022COURT OF APPEALS DEPOSIT Receipt: 38624 Date: 09/22/2022
09/22/2022COMPLAINT FOR ALTERNATIVE WRIT OF PROHIBITION COPY TO ATTY 4 TO COURT OF APPEALS
09/22/2022MOTION FOR ALTERNATIVE WRIT OF PROHIBITION
09/23/2022SERVICE ISSUED TO PCSO -- HON. RANDY DEERING SERVED 9/23/22
09/27/2022MOTION FOR EXPEDITED ALTERNATIVE WRIT OF PROHIBITION FILED Attorney: GREINER, JOHN C
09/28/2022JUDGMENT ENTRY -- THE COURT ISSUES AN ALTERNATIVE WRIT; IN ORDER TO PERMIT REASONED CONSIDERATION OF THE REQUESTED WRIT OF PROHIBITION, THE RESPONDENT SHALL FILE AN ANSWER OR DISPOSITIVE MOTION PURSUANT TO LOC.R. 16 AND THE OHIO RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE; THE ANSWER OR DISPOSITIVE MOTION SHALL BE FILED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE JOURNALIZATION OF THIS JUDGMENT ENTRY; RELATORS MAY FILE A REPLY WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE FILING OF THE RESPONSE COPIES FILED MAILED TO COUNSEL AND UNREPRESENTED PARTIES

Media needs to stay out of it. I believe it is the right of any witness to opt out of video and recording. The only requirement is for the defendant to face their accuser. Media doesn’t care about the victims, their families or LE. All they look at are $$$ signs.

Can't wait to see GW4 questioned about his tattoo. moo
He won't be, directly. I do not see him taking the stand. The prosecution will have witnesses they ask on the stand about the tattoo.. Like if it was done after the murders it will come out. If George said specific things about the tattoo it could come out. The defense then would have to get the witnesses to say that the tattoo has nothing to do with the murders.

My opinion on how it might work without George actually being on the stand.

Canepa (I think) went to Billy's Butler jail and got a photo of his tattoo. I assume the scorpion. It's possible a tattoo artist could be called to the stand. You have to sign a consent form to get a tattoo from a licensed tattoo parlor.

I found one Discovery Document about a tattoo that says Billy and one that says George:
Tattoo - Billy
release form (1 p)

https://html1-f.scribdassets.com/732prfjygw6tp04l/images/7-f66b74f151.jpg

The other Discovery says:

2019 Discovery - page 2.
It says:

George Wagner's Tattoo (1 photo)

Last edited:
The state quickly jumped into the initial phases of the investigation, which included security camera footage that neighbors in the area of Kenneth Rhoden’s camper and Union Hill Road handed over to investigators. On the video, vehicles could be seen driving up and down the roads around the time the state says the murders happened.

• 1:36 A.M.: Vehicle leaves the area of crime scenes on Union Hill Road and turns onto S.R. 772.
  • 2 A.M.: A vehicle is seen driving off S.R. 772 down Union Hill Road toward the crime scenes.
  • 2:29 A.M.: A vehicle is seen driving down Left Fork Road, toward Kenneth Rhoden’s camper.
  • 2:41 A.M.: Two vehicles are seen leaving the area of the crime scenes and makin g a left turn onto S.R. 772
  • 2:51 A.M.: A vehicle is seen driving down Left Fork Road toward Kenneth Rhoden’s camper.
  • 3:10 A.M. A vehicle is seen driving away from Kenneth Rhoden’s camper on Left Fork Road.
  • 3:19 A.M.: Two vehicles drive down S.R. 772 and turn onto Union Hill Road toward the crime scenes.
The issue with the videos are, it’s dark and there is no way to tell who is driving or the make and model of the vehicles. In fact, the agent testified, “it’s unknown if the [vehicles seen driving toward and away from the crime scenes] are the same vehicles.”

Jmo I don’t understand the time line. From 772 at 2:00am to left fork at 2:29am? Is that correct? Then vehicle seen driving from Kr at 3:10am then turned onto onto Union hill at 3:19am?

Last edited:
And yet the prosecution had enough evidence to convince Jake and Aw to plead guilty without the weapons. The prosecution must have some damning evidence against rhe W4 clan
Jake's trial was coming up in 4 months and his 22 shell casings were at his house and at the crimes scenes. His hand was holding his Colt 22 on his phone, plus he sent it to Hanna's facebook.

There were all those purchases Jake made to make a silencer for his gun, plus the silencer in the cistern in their red barn. Plus so much other evidence against him that I believe his attorneys convinced him to cop a plea. The DP attorneys' job is to keep Jake from getting the DP.

Like many people in Jake's position, his attorneys likely leveled with him about losing his case and then getting the DP. I believe his attorneys helped him to agree to his plea deal and stay off death row.

Media needs to stay out of it. I believe it is the right of any witness to opt out of video and recording. The only requirement is for the defendant to face their accuser. Media doesn’t care about the victims, their families or LE. All they look at are $$$ signs.
The defendant also has a right to a public trial. I'm sure with the age of technology the definitions for that have evolved. The public is also afforded rights within the court system to be fully informed on proceedings unless of course something is sealed by the court. It's a slippery slope to deny these rights but Ohio does have a provision that it's the judge's duty to inform any victims or witnesses they have the right not to appear on video or recordings. I personally think in those cases there should be a live written dialogue available to the public, like a CC box with no video or audio. JMO

I find Hanna Rhoden's Facebook page heartbreaking.

I remember Websleuth members found her Facebook page soon after the murders. They were linking to a lot of her posts and comments that were so sad. It was obvious in the weeks before the murders that she was very sad and troubled by something going on in her life. Poor girl.

Listening to defense questioning Agent Scheiderer, implying that BCI might be wrong and that Leonard Manley might have been the one whose shoeprint was at the crime scenes. Really awful. What an insult to the family of the victims.

Anyone have access to the court calendar for tomorrow? I checked court view for lastest updates, last update was the 23rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong