OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question for you all. Many times during CN's testimony I saw him looking in the direction of the defense table. Was he looking at Parker or was he making eye contact with George. I wonder what George's reaction was. I wish the camera had shown George during CN's testimony. Is there even a line of sight between the witness stand and the defense table?

I have to say, CN is my favorite witness so far, very believable and entertaining as well. He was so sincere when he would look at Judge Deering and apologize for using inappropriate language. :)

IMO, a nice kid.

JMO
Agree with you about CN being fav witness. I believe the jury will find him credible. I would guess (out of concern) he was looking at GW4). IMO

I agree, over and over we are told on the one hand this is a cult family, in the next breath they cannot stand each other, which one is it, they can't be both, and even poor AC who has tried so hard to sell the idea of the 4 Wagners as a cult today made a comment something like GW JW AW minus BW, as jury are now seeing BW was long gone from that family well before the murders were even imagined,
4 people who plan and massacre 8 people seems cultish to me. IMO.

Raisnback
GW4, proof already has been shown that he has assisted Jake in many ways, first he has shown aggression towards his wife and threatening LE/The Governor, there are supposed to be to up coming witness a mother and brother going to testify against him or they will be put on Death Row, GW4, new about the murders for 2 years and never said a word to the LE costing the tax payers of Ohio millions of dollars not counting what he put the victims family thru, the state has recording, Guns used to kill the victims with, that belonged to GW4, and if you really believe GW4 is innocent, and I’m saying this in a good way, this WS thread is justice for the Rhoden/ Giley victims, then again you might right about GW4 but I heard a few months ago in pre-trial court GW4 s attorneys told the court that GW4 was at the murder scene only to protect Jake (BS) so that is all the proof I need
It's Raize JBB

I have not yet decided on George's guilt or innocence. I do not want to do that until all the evidence is presented, both the prosecution and the defense. A man is on trial here for his life, so I feel like I want to keep an open mind. I like to watch trials and try to put myself in the place of a juror in the jury. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and not have any preconceived ideas.

But it is very hard in this case because I have believed all 4 of them are guilty as sin for over 6 years now. But now I think it is time I separated them from one another. 2 pled guilty.

George has pled innocent and elected to go to trial to be judged by a jury of his peers. So I think it is only fair in my mind that I give him the benefit of the doubt. I want to see AC present proof against just George ALONE, not against the whole family. Too many things that have been presented as evidence can be explained away reasonably. In other words many of us do many of those same things that have been presented as evidence against George every day. Like buying car parts, going with family to buy a vehicle, ect.

The jury will be instructed guilty beyond any reasonable doubt. That is where I need to get to also. To do that I need to see evidence against George alone and not him lumped in with the other three.

That is where I am right now.

JMO

I agree, but how clear is this to the Jury?
Yesterday I heard no emphasis on the fact that W’s purposely left their phones at Peterson. Seemed as though Billy was not on UHR. Did I miss something?
Or, did AC clarify?
And, how did Billy communicate with Chris? Did he shout from the street ?
If we can’t piece it together how can the Jury?
Prosecution needs to clue the Jury in on all background information. Right now Prosecution seems to be muddying the waters, confusing and contradictory.
Does anyone have an opinion? Is the Jury confused almost every step of the way?
Or is it all clear to the jury members?
I don't think that right now it's clear to any jurors. Even the judge seems confused by what AC is doing and where she is going. He has asked her that so many times now.

JMO

Was brought up twice today, in the AW interview and the CN testimony.

Maybe Agent Eveslage has some more internet evidence?

I kept wishing the BCI man in Montana would stop interrupting AW when she was about to say something at certain times.

moo
I thought both Agents at the border interviewing Angela Wagner did an outstanding Job. I loved the way they slowly lured her to keep talking, building a rapport with her, and then brought up 3 things in a specific order, but in a way that kept her talking. They were both brilliant and worked as a perfect team. first the custody documents, then the shoes/receipts, then the bullet casings in the driveway. Perfectly done. I believe if they would have started with the bullet casings first, she would have stopped talking immediately. They both did great together and make a perfect interview team.

After hearing Angie's interview this morning I am 100% guaranteed she was there at all the murder scenes. She hated Dana. That "well I wanted to be called Nana by SW but Dana was there first so SW had to call me Anga." Every step of that interview she just poured vitriol out on Dana. I don't care what her and Jake says Angie put those five bullets into Dana's head. Not one doubt in my mind after that MT interview.

Angie sounded like she thought she was so much better than the R's. She looked down on the R's like they were less than dirt under her feet. Then we find out that on Bethal Hill that Angie had a basement full of MJ plants she was growing and went to FL to get pills to bring back and sell with Billy. No way she was not present at the crime scenes.

I have no doubt that if Angie would have gotten away with these murders George and Jake were next on the list. They would have had some bad wreck and Angie would have collected on the life insurance and got both kids so she could insure their lives in case she needed money later. I absolutely think George is lucky he made it back alive from AK and probably Jake also.

I got cold chills when Kris testified to that accident him and Jake were in after the murders when they lived in Webster. Jake was driving George's truck and wrecked it almost killing Kris. The whole time he was telling that I was thinking "Angie meant for that to be George, not Jake and Kris."

She is a sick woman and P&N are absolutely correct when they said AC made a deal with the devil. 2 Devils. because I think Jake is just like Angie.

I thought Kris N was very believable. He testified honestly and straight forward and answered all questions as best he could. I am not sure whether he helped or hurt the prosecution. I think he maybe did a little of both. He helped AC prove her enmeshed family but that was AFTER they moved back from AK. He testified he hadn't seen them very much when they lived at Peterson RD so didn't know much on dynamics of the family then.

He helped George by saying that when Jake got into trouble Angie would make up a lie and tell, I guess Billy, that George did it so Goerge got the blame and punishment. Follows along with what Sam said. But I need to think over his answer of "That would be close." I need to listen again and think about what he meant by that.

JMO
I thought the same as you when hearing about the accident. Meant for GW or it was supposed to be both boys. AW fits the profile of a psychopathic female poisoner. And they tend to have arson crimes as well. She gives me the chills. IMO.

Pretty sure that civil case is ongoing. Actually, I think there's more than 1 case. Pretty sure Manleys are separate. I tried to check the other day, but have had difficulty accessing the Pike County Common Pleas Court web site.
I wasn't able to locate civil case either. However, I noticed some old criminal cases for AW and GW3 (Billy) linked.

Update.

i see nothing here that answers my questions in above post.

On April 21, 2016, the day before the murders happened, Billy exchanged several calls with Jake and George, Forney said. During those calls, Billy's phone pinged on cell towers near the Flying W Farm. At 5:55 p.m. that day, Billy called Chris Sr. and spoke to him for just under a minute and a half; Billy's phone was at Flying W during that call, Forney said. Then, at 8:51 p.m. that evening, Billy called Chris Sr. again; Billy's phone was at the Wagner home on Peterson Road at that point.

Between 10:22 p.m. and 10:55 p.m. that night, Chris Sr. called Billy's phone four times, each time going to voicemail, Forney said; Billy's phone was on Peterson Road. Prosecutors said during opening statements that Billy set up a meeting with Chris Sr. to discuss an upcoming drug deal as a ruse to murder him that night. Prosecution also claims Billy asked Chris Sr. to call his phone that night as a way to lure him to the porch, while Jake and George hid outside with a high-powered rifle, ready to fire.

During an interview with Billy, played in the court room earlier in the trial, the Wagner patriarch told investigators he'd gotten a new phone because he'd smashed the old one after he'd tried to call Chris Sr., who he declared was his best friend, too many times after the murders. Foley said none of the numbers investigators had for Billy ever called Chris Sr.'s phone after the murders.”
Between 10:22 p.m. and 10:55 p.m. that night, Chris Sr. called Billy's phone four times,
BBM
33 minutes. I don't think Billy wanted to kill any of them.

I believe Jake fired that first shot to get the ball rolling because Billy was hesitating too much. And jake couldn't have that, this was his show, his time to shine, him and Angie's.

JMo

I thought both Agents at the border interviewing Angela Wagner did an outstanding Job. I loved the way they slowly lured her to keep talking, building a rapport with her, and then brought up 3 things in a specific order, but in a way that kept her talking. They were both brilliant and worked as a perfect team. first the custody documents, then the shoes/receipts, then the bullet casings in the driveway. Perfectly done. I believe if they would have started with the bullet casings first, she would have stopped talking immediately. They both did great together and make a perfect interview team.

Oh I thought they did well, just certain moments he cut her off when she was about to get going on some things.

Was brought up twice today, in the AW interview and the CN testimony.

Maybe Agent Eveslage has some more internet evidence?

I kept wishing the BCI man in Montana would stop interrupting AW when she was about to say something at certain times.

moo
What think are we talking about being brought up today? I went back to listen to the end of the recording and the BCI agent talking after and I can't figure it out!?

What think are we talking about being brought up today? I went back to listen to the end of the recording and the BCI agent talking after and I can't figure it out!?

Read Chris_p_bacon's earlier post. #1011

Edit: In AW's interview it was farther back from the end, before she got really rattled about the shoeprints and shell casings. When it was mentioned they all started talking excitedly at the same time and it was hard to hear.

Did George's attorney just admit there is proof of conspiracy? That's why I heard him say in his argument.

Also interesting that Angela Canepa said there was nothing of investigative value in Jake's interview, but there was a lot of information in Billy's that gave them evidence to pursue more investigative work.
Feels like a double standard.

JMO

I think the defense will be hampered if they can't get the Judge to allow them to play JW interrogation, there case seems to be JW and AW are liars and they lie on a consistent basis, and they lie to LE on a consistent basis, so why should the jury believe them now

they can impeach them when they testify with prior statements, but I think it is much more powerful for the jury to hear them talking and lie after lie comes from their mouths,

I doubt the judge will allow it though, he has only sustained the defenses objections in trial a few times,
The jury heard hours of lies from Angie this morning.

JMO

Edit: In AW's interview it was farther back from the end, before she got really rattled about the shoeprints and shell casing. When it was mentioned they all started talking excitedly at the same time and it was hard to hear.
I read that first and went to listen, but don't know what I am listening for.

Just saw your edit! I'll go further back and listen to Angela's words again! I was listening at the very end.

I've followed this case from the beginning, just have rarely commented. Personal!y, without the knowledge of Jake and Angela's plea agreements there has been little evidence presented at this point to tie any of them to the murders.

There was obviously enough evidence presented to the Grand Jury to indict long before either plea took place, so I am confident that there is much we will learn in coming days/weeks.

While the trial so far has been grinding along very slowly, IMO the Prosecution has been overly meticulous to show that there was no rush to judgement by investigators against the W4.

This is all JMO
Welcome.:)

My current opinion.
The Prosecution is too close to this case and mired in the weeds trying to stick to chronological order.
Sorry to say, my opinion, it is not going well. Jury must be lost. MO
I agree.

Edit: In AW's interview it was farther back from the end, before she got really rattled about the shoeprints and shell casings. When it was mentioned they all started talking excitedly at the same time and it was hard to hear.
It was my belief that it was part of the 'conspiracy' to throw LE and the general public off the trail of the Wagners by them anonymously being on various social media platforms after the murders. One of them was a bulletin board called "topix". Angela mentioned this in her interview today and then the BCI agent on the stand also mentioned it.

What I think is causing some confusion is the fact George is being charged as an intregal part of a Criminal Conspiracy. Normally defendants in a Conspiracy case are tried together. Because there are Death Penalty specs to these this case they needed to be tried separately. It explains why the individual actions of Billy, AW and Jake needed to be introduced in this case, to tie together the Criminal Conspiracy.

I feel future testimony will soon start to tie things together. Especially as Jake and Angela's proffers are played for the jury.
Have faith all, justice is coming!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members