OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my belief that it was part of the 'conspiracy' to throw LE and the general public off the trail of the Wagners by them anonymously being on various social media platforms after the murders. One of them was a bulletin board called "topix". Angela mentioned this in her interview today and then the BCI agent on the stand also mentioned it.
Thank you! I knew about Topix, I was confused is that was what was mentioned in the interview because I haven't heard it yet. lol I am not sure when Topix was removed, but I am curious now if it was connected somehow.

You are HIRED!! You can do the rest of the tweets for the afternoon - as it is getting on the late side here! :)
My apologies just now seeing your post. Was offline all afternoon.

Starting new thread for Part II of Angela Wagner interview in Pike Co. murder trial of her son George Wagner. Coming back in a few after morning break.

Agent Comisford asks why does Angela think they stopped her and interviewed her?Says George's ex-wife may have bad things to say about the family. Says Tabitha was bipolar and not on medication as she should. Agents asked why people would say Wagners would be involved?

Angela: "I don't know. As far as altercations, I didn't have any" except for Tabitha

Says Jake and Hanna had written up a custody agreement. Was under negotiation between lawyers. Hanna never finalized it with her lawyers.

Angela never was a custody battle. Agents ask about living will? Says she doesn't have one. Agents now introduce her to the forged documents they found in search.

Now showing her those documents - Angela says she might have done that. Says she didn't remember. If it was printed, would it have been you? Also doesn't remember her mother notarizing it?
Remember these documents had a date of Dec. 24 2014 and were notarized by Rita Newcomb, Angela's mother. But the URL and printout date were three weeks before the murders in 2016. Angela keeps saying she doesn't know when printed out
Angela says Jake and Hanna were going to take them to the lawyers. But says she doesn't know or remember if she printed it off.

Agent Ward: This is interesting to me we have this printed out less than three weeks before the murders. Says he needs to vet it. Angela: I don't know if printed them out or not remember.

Asking if Jake would have done anything because of breakup? Says other things he wants to show her. Something gone on totally awry that she didn't know of. Angela: No Jake - not to the point of murder. Nothing against Chris, Dana little Chris

Agents: Rhodens into all kinds of *advertiser censored*. Selling pot, cocaine, Hanna is promiscuous. Lots of stuff going on - also sexual abuse history in the family.

Asking you - did your son do it anybody in family. Angela: no my son wouldn't do that. Even thought he and hanna broke up, it wasn't enough for that. And as far as my husband goes, he couldn't say a bad word about Chris (Sr).
Now going on to what shoes and clothes she would buy for her sons. She says she never buys shoes. Not buy shoes for
them things fit differently.

Agent Ward: Another issue we have - these right here crime scene. Showing foot impressions in blood. Now presenting her receipt and pictures from Walmart. Angela - I did buy those.

She first says she doesn't know but then admits to buying them but says her sons called them old man shoes and that she threw them away.

Now going through the different things they have with the footprints and the documents. Moving on to shell casings found at the house.

Agent Ward: casings recovered at crime scene identically match ones in your driveway - fired same gun. Angela - there's no way. Comisford - identical match.

Angela says other people shot guns at her house.

Agent Ward: look into my eyes, you are far far from stupid. Not making this stuff up - identical matches to several casings found at your house.

Agent Ward: look into my eyes, you are far far from stupid. Not making this stuff up - identical matches to several casings found at your house.

Asks her point blank - did you know something happen either before or after? She says no. Did you later find out and ask what the f--? No. She asks if they have gun. I purchased them (the shoes), didn't like them.

Comisford - if you want any chance to talk about this and what happened it's now. Ward says he's worried about grandchildren and what will happen to them. Says he doesn't believe her.

Ward says he's on her side and needs to ask them. Angela says she wants to stop and get an attorney.
Comisford - don't want you to miss an opportunity to talk to us. And kids will go to foster care if we find it.

Ward leaves and they get her some water. But the recording is still going. Comisford tells her about the process and that she has to wait until the truck is processed.

Agents kept the recording going nearly 10 minutes even after leaving the room. You can hear the kids in the background. It was 2 hours, 4 minutes. George doesn't seem to have any reaction to any of this in the courtroom.

Now onto questioning - Comisford says there are things she will say during interviews she doesn't necessarily mean.

Comisford - there were concerns by the Wagners that the Rhodens would get custody of Sophia. Specifically Angela, Jake, George and Billy. She also knew about the previous dispute with George and Tabitha over son Bulvine.

Comisford says agents were trying to build rapport with Angela by saying "we don't want Sophia to go back to the Rhodens" during the interview.

Now going through all the evidence they showed Angela during this interview

Done with direct. Waiting for cross examination. Breaking for lunch until 1:10 p.m.
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

4 people who plan and massacre 8 people seems cultish to me. IMO.
I think one thing we learned today was that the Wagners are a crime family. They're on a spectrum with the Manson family, surviving through scams and criminal schemes. But like the Mansons, they are "cultish" and carrying out multiple murder for the purposes of one person.

So during today's trial....in the part where Angela Wagner is being interviewed at the canadian border she mentions something very briefly that caught my attention. Then later, after the recording is done but the BCI agent is still on the witness stand the agent mentions that one thing again. Again very briefly. So, this might not seem like something important to some people but, before the Wagners were arrested, I started to believe the Killers were on this bulletin board called "TOPIX". There was always someone on that bulletin board trying to steer everyone away from it being a custody issue. I believe today's evidence/testimony confirms this. This is when I started to believe it was the custody issue between Jake and Hanna that was the motive for the murders(not the grow operation). But I realized that more than one person had to have helped Jake. Notice when the bulletin board was taken down in relation to the Wagner's arrest.
What did she mention? Can you say? TIA

It was my belief that it was part of the 'conspiracy' to throw LE and the general public off the trail of the Wagners by them anonymously being on various social media platforms after the murders. One of them was a bulletin board called "topix". Angela mentioned this in her interview today and then the BCI agent on the stand also mentioned it.

I was thinking CN was asked about it too, but maybe you're right and it was the agent, I could've remembered it wrong.

After hearing Angie's interview this morning I am 100% guaranteed she was there at all the murder scenes. She hated Dana. That "well I wanted to be called Nana by SW but Dana was there first so SW had to call me Anga." Every step of that interview she just poured vitriol out on Dana. I don't care what her and Jake says Angie put those five bullets into Dana's head. Not one doubt in my mind after that MT interview.

Angie sounded like she thought she was so much better than the R's. She looked down on the R's like they were less than dirt under her feet. Then we find out that on Bethal Hill that Angie had a basement full of MJ plants she was growing and went to FL to get pills to bring back and sell with Billy. No way she was not present at the crime scenes.

I have no doubt that if Angie would have gotten away with these murders George and Jake were next on the list. They would have had some bad wreck and Angie would have collected on the life insurance and got both kids so she could insure their lives in case she needed money later. I absolutely think George is lucky he made it back alive from AK and probably Jake also.

I got cold chills when Kris testified to that accident him and Jake were in after the murders when they lived in Webster. Jake was driving George's truck and wrecked it almost killing Kris. The whole time he was telling that I was thinking "Angie meant for that to be George, not Jake and Kris."

She is a sick woman and P&N are absolutely correct when they said AC made a deal with the devil. 2 Devils. because I think Jake is just like Angie.

I thought Kris N was very believable. He testified honestly and straight forward and answered all questions as best he could. I am not sure whether he helped or hurt the prosecution. I think he maybe did a little of both. He helped AC prove her enmeshed family but that was AFTER they moved back from AK. He testified he hadn't seen them very much when they lived at Peterson RD so didn't know much on dynamics of the family then.

He helped George by saying that when Jake got into trouble Angie would make up a lie and tell, I guess Billy, that George did it so Goerge got the blame and punishment. Follows along with what Sam said. But I need to think over his answer of "That would be close." I need to listen again and think about what he meant by that.

JMO
Raisnback
You are thinking the same thing I would have said but I also think that GW4 went with Jake and Billy that night just to prove himself to Billy and I also think that GW4 shot Big Chris in the arm, just because Billy would have punished GW4 over trying to take credit for the murders by putting the tattoo on of the skull with a 8 ball in its mouth also having 4 Aces behind the skull, JMO

I think one thing we learned today was that the Wagners are a crime family. They're on a spectrum with the Manson family, surviving through scams and criminal schemes. But like the Mansons, they are "cultish" and carrying out multiple murder for the purposes of one person.
Yeah. I think the more stuff they got away with, the more they thought they could get away with. I counted 4 different Arson scams, stealing fuel from trucks at a truck stop, Stealing boots, illegally obtaining pills(probably to sell), and had MJ grow operation at their bethel hill address. I think they only got a slap on the wrist for the one thing they got caught, and with everything else they got away with they became even more brazen. Until they killed 8 people. I am sure they thought they were going to get away with it until these interviews at the Canadian border. That moment in Angela's interview where there is a long silence. That is when she finally realized she is caught. After all these years, after all they got away with, she realized at that moment she is busted.

Yeah. I think the more stuff they got away with, the more they thought they could get away with. I counted 4 different Arson scams, stealing fuel from trucks at a truck stop, Stealing boots, illegally obtaining pills(probably to sell), and had MJ grow operation at their bethel hill address. I think they only got a slap on the wrist for the one thing they got caught, and with everything else they got away with they became even more brazen. Until they killed 8 people. I am sure they thought they were going to get away with it until these interviews at the Canadian border. That moment in Angela's interview where there is a long silence. That is when she finally realized she is caught. After all these years, after all they got away with, she realized at that moment she is busted.

All those fires. Didn't they say four fires today?

I think it is so unfair to the defense that the jury do not get to hear JW interview, IMO it isn't justice if the state cannot win its case by concealing things from the jury, AC and her team have hung everything on JW who even though he has admitted to killing 5 people is now a paragon of virtue in their eyes, and according to AC remorseful for what he did,

the jury should get to hear the full story, and that includes JW denials and lies in this interview, but the state cannot do that, as once the jury get to hear JW interview, they may not believe a word he says when it comes time for him to testify,

IMO this is so wrong, but if the state feels it can only win its case by keeping information from the jury, then I have no respect at all for them,
I agree.

I totally agree. I'm just saying how things are being delivered into evidence, if I were a juror my mind at first was filing what the prosecution was giving and now it's busy searching where to file what I'm hearing. The rhythm has been side tracked. I get the prosecution is trying to show how the investigators came to their conclusions as it happened. I think striving to continue that so closely is starting to jumble things.

I've never watched a murder trial where it was of so much importance that the prosecutors explain hiw the investigators were processing their investigation. Just showing what investigators found was enough to present it as evidence.

I hope I'm explaining well enough what I'm sensing, it's becoming more about the investigators thought processes than about the evidence. I don't ever recall a case being presented like that.
I have a bad feeling about it also. I am just not getting it.

JMO

I totally agree. I'm just saying how things are being delivered into evidence, if I were a juror my mind at first was filing what the prosecution was giving and now it's busy searching where to file what I'm hearing. The rhythm has been side tracked. I get the prosecution is trying to show how the investigators came to their conclusions as it happened. I think striving to continue that so closely is starting to jumble things.

I've never watched a murder trial where it was of so much importance that the prosecutors explain hiw the investigators were processing their investigation. Just showing what investigators found was enough to present it as evidence.

I hope I'm explaining well enough what I'm sensing, it's becoming more about the investigators thought processes than about the evidence. I don't ever recall a case being presented like that.
I have a bad feeling about it also. I am just not getting it.

JMO

I have a question for you Sleuthers,
The Jury is the ones that convicts or sets free the defendant’s Right,
So does Judge Deering have all the state evidence already and read it all like the defense attorneys and does he know to himself if GW4 is innocent or guilty?

I think I also heard selling of pure bred dogs when they weren't. Add that to the list of scams!

Between 10:22 p.m. and 10:55 p.m. that night, Chris Sr. called Billy's phone four times,
BBM
33 minutes. I don't think Billy wanted to kill any of them.

I believe Jake fired that first shot to get the ball rolling because Billy was hesitating too much. And jake couldn't have that, this was his show, his time to shine, him and Angie's.

JMo
I disagree with you on this one. I don’t think Chris called anyone after 1030, I think it was the murderer calling from his phone as an alibi. I think BW would not kill under normal circumstances but would certainly kill for AW. I don’t think JW or GW is 1/2 as ruthless as their parents but JMO

New thread for afternoon session in George Wagner IV murder trial in Pike Co. First up is cross-examination of BCI agent Jennifer Comisford. Then it will be Angela Wagner's brother Chris Newcomb, who has opted in for camera. Then his fiancee who has opted in for audio.

Apparently, there has been a sidebar before the session today and they went into chambers. Then all the lawyers except lead prosecutor Angela Canepa and lead defense lawyer John Parker were sent out of chambers - they are in there alone with Judge Randy Deering.

We're back live now and the jury is being brought up now. No word on what the dispute was about.

Defense lawyer Parker asks Comisford about previous crimes by Angela and Billy - she says that Angela was deceitful about some things. And she was not alone outside the store at Walmart when she got the shoes - got into the back of the vehicle when she was picked up.

Next up is Chris Newcomb - Angela's brother. He has opted in for video.

The house he lives in was the house that Angela, Jake and George lived in before they were arrested after returning from Alaska.

Angela Wagner is his half sister - they share the same mother. She is 20 years older than he

He is technically George and Jake's uncle, but they are only a few years apart in age. They would hang out growing up, hunting fishing 4-wheelers etc.

Helped the Wagners build barns and fences at Peterson Road house etc.

Chris - relationship with George and Jake "was controlling as all get out ... if she told them to jump, they'd jump." Relationship with Billy “dysfunctional"

Says Billy "is about as useless as *advertiser censored* on a boar hog." "Lazy ... always complaining and scheming"

Also figured that Billy wasn't living there because he was rarely at the house when he would visit. Also knew about family meetings. George was protective of Jake.

Angela "tried to be more of a mother than she should have been" to Sophia and Bulvine her grandkids.

Said Angela tried to tell him how to raise his kids - he said he "told her certain things" and left it at that with a smile to the judge.

Newcomb is asked if he helped George and Jake find certain kinds of guns. Said he helped George find a .40 caliber Glock - he found it for him on Facebook. They met with George at truckstop in Peebles with the seller. This was 1-2 years before homicides.

Said George would ask for expensive hard to find things. Newcomb bought a Taurus .357 off of George, and sold a Remington shotgun for George before he got the Glock for him.

Jake never asked him to help sell or buy anything.

Hanna Rhoden "was like a little sister to me" were very good friends

Newcomb says both George and Jake's favorite movie was "Boonedock Saints" - his was anything was John Wayne.

The father joins in "Boonedock Saints 2" - also remembers the brothers with hair dyed dark. He said it looked stupid. Jake laughed don't you think I look like Darryl from the Walking Dead - same actor in Boonedock Saints. This was right before or after murders

Knows the son of defense lawyer Richard Nash and he played cards with him a few times

He and Jake wrecked George's truck in the months after the homicides. Jake was driving because Newcomb's truck broke down. He says he almost died. He can't remember much about the accident.

The engine came through the dash and landed in his lap. His boots were trapped inside.

Newcomb: Angela, Jake and George all told him not to talk to BCI.

He was "enraged" after he learned Jake had pleaded guilty. Called the murders "a monstrous act" - he had previously defended the Wagners. Said he would have beaten Jake up if he had seen him at that point.

He was enraged "at Jake and my sister" not thinking about Billy.

Also says he felt "betrayed" after the confessions, especially after he had defended the family.

Says he thought it was ironic after the confessions - George had a Facebook profile photo of a wolf shot through the eye. We're on for a 15 minute break now.

Back for cross examination by defense lawyer Parker. Asked him to look at George stand up ... and that George lost a lot of weight. George and Jake are like night and day.

Said George was like the brother I always wanted, Jake was the brother I never wanted.

Agrees George was obsessed with deer hunting - wanted to have his own deer hunting show.

After Angela pled guilty, she called him - Newcomb said he and she screamed at each other. Then blocked the number so she couldn't call anymore.

Says George was three times the hunter I ever was. Agrees George wanted to be away from the house as much as possible. Says George also worked hard at hunting and only shot mature deer.

Newcomb would drink together and smoke a few times.

Now onto Billy - Newcomb says he was special not in a good way. No one liked him.

Talked with George almost every day while they were living in Alaska. George would call him.

Newcomb - Angela would scream at he and George up and down and tell them they were going to hell because of their lifestyles. Also says she favored Jake over George.

Jake and Beth - the woman he married in Alaska and brought back to Ohio - was "weird" but a good match for Jake.

Says he saw George and Billy into a fistfight before. And George would stand up to Angela. Also said Billy was probably abusive physically when the boys were young then verbally abusive.

Newcomb says George talked about moving away from his family several times.

Says Angela once accused him of stealing behind his back and that she said he wouldn't amount to anythinng - says its funny since she is the one going to prison for the rest of her life.

Newcomb says George had a Cummins tattoo - Cummins is a kind of diesel engine in pickup trucks - George's favorite brand.

Few swings here and there and yelling and screaming between George and Billy. Billy also kept calling Newcomb "gay" - one time too far and then he got Billy in a headlock. Angela screamed to let him go he was turning blue.

Defense now asking about that wolf picture from George's Facebook. That's it - on to redirect.

Newcomb says George was very strong physically - could pick up engine blocks.

Said George had several SKS rifles. He can't remember if George got it from him, or if he got one from George.

Even after pushing back, George would still do what his mother told him "most of the time.”

On re-cross, Newcomb says George is the only one he misses out of all of them. Would you welcome him back in your house? He says "that's getting a little close.” That's all for him at this point. And now we're done for the day.

https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

I agree, but how clear is this to the Jury?
Yesterday I heard no emphasis on the fact that W’s purposely left their phones at Peterson. Seemed as though Billy was not on UHR. Did I miss something?
Or, did AC clarify?
And, how did Billy communicate with Chris? Did he shout from the street ?
If we can’t piece it together how can the Jury?
Prosecution needs to clue the Jury in on all background information. Right now Prosecution seems to be muddying the waters, confusing and contradictory.
Does anyone have an opinion? Is the Jury confused almost every step of the way?
Or is it all clear to the jury members?
In the hearing yesterday, they confirmed and explained that

Billy, Jake and George left their phones at the Peterson Rd. Farm
While on the murder spree, Billy used a type of "burner" cell phone registered in the name of some relative of AW's
This was confirmed when, just before they murdered Chris Rhoden Sr, Billy pretended his actual cell phone was lost outside and asked Chris Sr to call his phone so he could find it. Chris stepped to the doorway of his trailer and called Billy's cell phone. That's when either Jake or George shot Chris Sr.
Cell phone tower records showed that when Chris Sr. called Billy's phone, it pinged at Peterson Rd Farm, where Jake and George's phones were
Chris Sr's cell phone records confirm all of this. His last phone calls were to Billy's phone at around 10:55 pm from Union Hill Rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500