OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've been saying for a long time Freddie paid for Defiance Farm for George and Jake. IIRC it was to be a home for George, his wife and little B, also Jake, Hanna Mae and little S.

the cheque was for 174,000$ from Grandma and Grandad Wagner.
GW's ex testified the Bethel Rd. fire claim insurance money paid for the Peterson Rd. property.

Did we watch the same testimony?

The check from the elder Wagner's was for $33,000.

James Pilcher
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher
There was also a deposit of a check from Fredericka and Bob Wagner for $33,000 into the account controlled by George IV and Angela Wagner in March 2016. Then there was money transferred to another account, and that account paid a lawyer $27,000
@local12

Like I've been saying for a long time Freddie paid for Defiance Farm for George and Jake. IIRC it was to be a home for George, his wife and little B, also Jake, Hanna Mae and little S.

the cheque was for 174,000$ from Grandma and Grandad Wagner.
So, FW wanted to keep the boys and their babies enmeshed having no separate living homes.

Sorry for the confusion justtrish, I've finished part one and didn't find it. I'll try part two.
No worries! I listened yesterday trying to find it and assumed it was in the early morning part that I was still sleeping for (I'm in Hawaii so I get up at 4am, but I can't do 3 lol). I am not sure where she snuck that comment in, but it's driving me nuts! ha

GW's ex testified the Bethel Rd. fire claim insurance money paid for the Peterson Rd. property.

James Pilcher
There was also a deposit of a check from Fredericka and Bob Wagner for $33,000 into the account controlled by George IV and Angela Wagner in March 2016. Then there was money transferred to another account, and that account paid a lawyer $27,000
@local12
I thought I heard that, and I couldn't understand the 174,000 cheque the witness testified to, and where it came from

I think Andrew Wilson is a much more competent attorney, but he sure moves fast with his evidence, and this financial evidence is detailed but he just keeps rattling off facts and figures, I doubt many can keep up with it all,

Actually it is there is a sight you can go on where almost everything on the internet is archived, and I found Topix and comments about the murders. Not sure if I can provide a link or name here. Don't want to get in trouble

I found it from a link on FB account. You'd need to scroll way down to find it now.

I think the recordings yet to come are the ones that are the real issue.

Yes, according to the prosecution, they're pretty damning.

Audio so far have also been harmful to GW4 in demonstrating he was part of the conspiracy. They also show his angry and aggressive nature when discussing LE, especially BCI and their investigation.

I didn't hear anything so far on any of the recordings that are devastating for GW, the state has said the ones from the truck are damaging to GW, the conversations between GW and JW may reveal information,

JW is the one most damaged by the recordings as he was secretly recording HR, he went to DR home pre the murders and saw the layout and learned who slept where,

the phone calls that were recorded if we really stretch, we can reach a small piece of evidence that GW asked CN to speak to "nobody" about him and JW, he didn't specify not speak to BCI which JW did
the phone call about the searching of Peterson Rd seems to be JW was in touch with new owners, AW was stressing over which barn,
the jury haven't listened to the GW ranting recording so as far as they are aware the recording doesn't exist
I agree that the recorded phone calls concerning GW4 maybe considered weak. Reposting James' tweet:

George called Randa Hughes and told her to tell Chris Newcomb not to cooperate with BCI. And then George calls Chris to tell him the same thing twice - and not to talk about anything George may have bought or sold.https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

No worries! I listened yesterday trying to find it and assumed it was in the early morning part that I was still sleeping for (I'm in Hawaii so I get up at 4am, but I can't do 3 lol). I am not sure where she snuck that comment in, but it's driving me nuts! ha

Found it, will try to get the link.

In part two from yesterday, just after 1:55:14 to 1:56:12. Video will start at that point.

Last edited:
I thought I heard that, and I couldn't understand the 174,000 cheque the witness testified to, and where it came from
He didn't say where it came from but he isn't done testifying either. He just noted the check to OVB (Ohio Valley Bank) on 02/03/2014 for real estate.

Yes, there was a dog, but apparently it knew Jake well enough. Not sure why.

Dana & kids had only been in the new home right around 30 days. Since previously, they all lived beside CR, all of the dogs would have been familiar with the sound of CR's truck and Jake's - if for no other reason he picked up or dropped off his daughter there every week for around a year. Jake wasn't the kind to wait in the car, he was determined to see his daughter's living conditions. He was all up in their business. He knew all the dogs and all the dogs knew him. That's the one thing I'm confident about.

Last edited:

James Pilcher
@local12

I don't care what GWs ex said. I speak from a long memory and it was shown on the overhead screen showing bank statements. If anyone has a screen shot, take a look. It is an account belonging to George and Jake. The cheque was paid into that account 2014 from Robert and Fredericka Wagner.

im not being narky but I've said Freddie gave the money to the boys so they could have a family home.

Which rant recording? The one about them searching the farm or the one to little Vine about BCI in Montana? Because THAT one was sketch as all get out. Telling your 2 y/o child someone wants to kill his family and take them away is certainly not a confession but it does speak to his (panicked) state of mind after the searches. It also reeks of violence.

It would give me pause as a juror -- if I could actually hear the darn thing! Arrg!
the conversation between GW and his son was weird, but I am aware of the unusual upbringing both JW and GW had, and how they had never seen what normal parents do, I imagine by the time they could walk both JW and GW had such a fear of the outside world, of the strange people out there that AW told them about that they were paranoid and suspicious of everybody

but however we view that conversation it doesn't add anything to the evidence of the murders, it just shows that GW was convinced TC had somehow come to the border to steal his son, (I do wonder if BCI had somehow made GW think she was there) and he was ranting, to the wrong person as his son couldn't understand what his dad was going on about, but GW now knew that LE were focusing on his family, he must have been aware that if arrested he would lose his son, if convicted never see him again, I expect he was terrified, IMO

I am of the firm opinion that nobody is all good or all bad, and if GW did commit these heinous crimes he should be punished, but I can also understand the devastation he must feel at losing his son, and the rest of his nuclear family, and I can have empathy and sympathy for him even if he caused the losses he now suffers

that doesn't take away from my empathy and sympathy for all the victims, who will grieve for the rest of their lives, and how horrifying these crimes were, and how I hope SW and BVW are being raised in a home where AW malign influence has been removed, and that they are surrounded by love and are helped to live with what has happened,

Also, a March 21, 2016 purchase posted to #GeorgeWagnerIV's Cabela's VISA for $630.59. Not sure what the purchase was
@LawCrimeNetwork

A closer look at power point shows the fraud department with Cabela's VISA contacted #GeorgeWagnerIV first. 3/17 incoming call to GW4, then two outgoing calls from his phone to the fraud dept. the day after AW called signal jammer customer service dept.

So, was George Wagner's Cabela's Visa used to purchase items without his knowledge? Remember, it appeared his Cabela's VISA and bill were found in the belongings on 41 on May 12, 2017 search. Did Angela have his card?

phone calls were placed to the Cabela's Visa card fraud department on the same date: 3/16 and 3/17. That seems odd.

Julia Eveslage of BCI going through purchases she says the Wagners made in months before murders, including a signal jammer, bug detector, MagLite (for homemade suppressor). One item purchased using Angela W's email but George W's Cabela's credit card.
https://twitter.com/Angenette5

So, FW wanted to keep the boys and their babies enmeshed having no separate living homes.

No, the money was paid into an account for George and Jake, George had a wife and baby, Jake was going to be married and had a baby. A family home of their own I would say. It was Angela who wouldn't let go, she hung on and moved in with the boys and their little families. FW didn't want their babies, it was Angela. Idont have a link but account was shown on screen in court, youll see where the money came from. I don't have a link so JMO

I agree that the recorded phone calls concerning GW4 maybe considered weak. Reposting James' tweet:

George called Randa Hughes and told her to tell Chris Newcomb not to cooperate with BCI. And then George calls Chris to tell him the same thing twice - and not to talk about anything George may have bought or sold.https://twitter.com/jamespilcher
I heard GW say not to discuss him and JW with nobody, it was JW who spoke to Randa and told her to tell CN not to talk to BCI, GW called cell phone and landline to speak to CN, and he told him not to discuss any purchases or sales they made, IDR GW telling CN not to speak to BCI specifically, but I am not omnipotent, and sometimes (rarely) I make mistakes,

Does anyone remember...did they drive CR's truck to DR's?

That would explain why DR's dogs didn't raise a ruckus. Dogs know the sound of familiar vehicles. Now, if they were driving the "murder truck" with the false bed, I don't understand. Either way, the dogs were familiar with Jake so he wouldn't have had trouble with them while he picked the lock.

I really, REALLY want to hear Jake's testimony about the dogs. Never really a big deal for me, but it was a HUGE sticking point for many & it came up often. I want to hear which theory was right
This is from AC opening statement:

"So they went back to Chris Sr's and the idea became that we would get into Chris Sr's truck and travel to Dana's house. The idea being if you arrive in Chris Sr's truck, no one's going to be alarmed when you pull in the driveway at that hour of night. Right. But they drove by Dana's and Dana was not yet there. And I think I told you earlier, they claim that she was not their main target yet."

"They didn't take that opportunity to enter the residence and kill Hannah Mae and Little Chris, whom they were determined to kill. They went back. They said at that time they drove down to left for fork to see what the status was at Kenneth residence. They just drove by the residence at that time. And this is why we took you on this wild goose chase."

"And they left that residence. We went back to Chris Sr's again and got into the vehicle to Chris Sr's vehicle, and they went to Dana's there. They entered that residence. Jake will tell you that both George and Billy entered the residence. Billy with the 40, George with the ex. They didn't know again. They thought maybe Chris would have a friend over."

-------------------------

These are just pieces of the opening referencing the trucks. Seems they used Chris Sr truck to go to Danas then to Kenneth's, then back to Chris Srs and they walked over to Frankie's a second time to kill them, then back to Chris's and took Chris Sr truck back to Dana's and killed them, then took Chris Sr truck and their own truck over toward Kenneth's, George pulled off in their truck to be a lookout at some point before getting to Kenneth's the second time, then Jake and Billy continued on to Kenneth's in Chris Sr. truck. Then they went back to Chris Sr. and left the truck and then home in the one they had bought and modified.

JMO, its highly likely that's the way FW & her husband ran their family. Billy was "home schooled" back when that was very unusual, not well established and not accepted by the state board of education.

I think Andrew Wilson is a much more competent attorney, but he sure moves fast with his evidence, and this financial evidence is detailed but he just keeps rattling off facts and figures, I doubt many can keep up with it all,
I have a feeling a witness in the future will go over it better. There will be explanations for what these things are/what significance they have and then it will be slowed down. I think Wilson does a great job of getting this evidence in fast. Seems there are far less objections to him than to AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500