OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be clear, I see things differently.

You are, as always, entitled to your own opinion. But I, too, am entitled to mine. And my opinion is that Fred is a criminal who needs to do her time in jail.

Then when she gets out of jail she needs to ask Lenny, Judy, Geneva, Hazel's mother and Gary's mother to forgive her for the years of pain she caused them by lying to keep her son out of jail.

And it doesn't cut any ice for me that she is a mother. I am a mother but I would not lie for my son if he killed 8 people. I would be the first one down at the police station turning him in, in fact. I would feel it was my duty as his mother to get him off the street before he could kill anyone else.

So therefore all of my sympathy is reserved for the parents of the victims. So should the sympathy of everyone else on here. After all we have listened to these parents cry and beg for justice for their dead children for 2 1/2 years now. How many times have we heard Fred cry?

JMO

Only if the wire looked like a big sparkly cross.:D
Sorry CHELLY, I couldn't resist. I sense something very naive, almost "elfin sprite?" in that it appears she has/had no life outside the FWFarms geography and operations...living a very plain and regimented life (caring for animals requires routines) ...staying away from the drama of her bro and AW. The only one I can think of who could "use the reward money" has already been mentioned....and the easiest crime to prove......

RW certainly is passionate about the farm, the animals & her work. It sounds like a job that never ends.
Do you believe the monetary reward to be the reason the CI turned info over to LE?

Think I solved "one mystery"....reporter used their own interpretation instead of "the actual words spoken." AngieC actually said "reliable resouce, uh source" and yet read how the reporter wrote the story:
Asst. Attorney General Angela Canepa said a confidential informant told them they were with the Wagners at Fredericka’s horse farm when a plot for revenge was discussed. (Canepa DIDN'T SAY that. For all we know it could have been a recording from a bugging device. Or yikes & snap, contemporaneous info...an I Watch???) Canepa asked for Fredericka’s bail to be set at $200,000, citing the plot and her access to a large amount of money.

“They were to take revenge on anyone that went against them, including and not limited to Special Agent Shider, Sheriff Reader and Attorney General Mike DeWine,” Canepa said. “There were also discussions about how they would try to make an escape.”
Grandmothers charged in connection to Rhoden family massacre to appear in court

Last edited:
Interesting theory.

Can you update me on the truck driving job the boys had? When did they quit, etc? TIA

I don't know that it was ever said who he/they drove truck for. JW said he quit the job because HMR was upset about him being gone all the time. I don't know that a date when he quit was ever given, either. He did work as a mechanic some, but I don't think that was a full time job. His and his brother's work records are rather sketchy...

I believe you are incorrect as to this being the highest profile case Ohio ever had. The Sam Shepard case was a much higher profile case as well as the federal court civil action for wrongful death and injury, an eleven-week trial, brought by the Kent State victims and their families against Governor Rhodes, the President of Kent State, and the National Guardsmen. I live in the 11th largest media market and there isn't coverage here. There was one little story on CNN about the arrests and nothing more. People around the country can not, and do not, relate to the victims of this crime.

I do believe it is being considered the largest homicide investigation in Ohio history. I've heard it called that numerous times...

If that person had big adult record, they would not ask for the juvenile record.

Or that person is rather young. Say about or below JW's age. That's my guess.

ETA: when you think of it, it makes sense to have witnesses of HR's age. Some have a history.

It could be a very general request too. There could be several witnesses. Adult records are already available.

She mentioned the fishing trip around July 2017, there's comments and links in at least thread 29, if not 28 too. There was mention of HHG babysitting the four day old while KR and HMR went fishing, but, there are now broken links. Honestly, unless HMR was feeling much happier toward HHG and FR, I don't see it. CG said he'd never seen the infant, in his interview, and HMR was adamant that he not see her just four days earlier. Leaving her with HHG, and FR, who were pulling for CG to see her, seems odd to me.

I don't know that it was ever said who he/they drove truck for. JW said he quit the job because HMR was upset about him being gone all the time. I don't know that a date when he quit was ever given, either. He did work as a mechanic some, but I don't think that was a full time job. His and his brother's work records are rather sketchy...

Thanks, for this. I was never able to find factual info, either.

If that person had big adult record, they would not ask for the juvenile record.

ETA: when you think of it, it makes sense to have witnesses of HR's age. Some have a history.

It could be a very general request too. There could be several witnesses. Adult records are already available.

If their adult record is what they are bargaining with, to be a witness, and especially if they are young, the defense would want that juvie record to try and show a history of a type of behaviour. I swear, the day they raided the Ws farms the first time, I thought I saw what could have been someone being brought in from a detention center. If memory serves.

Think I solved "one mystery"....reporter used their own interpretation instead of "the actual words spoken." AngieC actually said "reliable resouce, uh source" and yet read how the reporter wrote the story:
Asst. Attorney General Angela Canepa said a confidential informant told them they were with the Wagners at Fredericka’s horse farm when a plot for revenge was discussed. (Canepa DIDN'T SAY that. For all we know it could have been a recording from a bugging device. Or yikes & snap, contemporaneous info...an I Watch???) Canepa asked for Fredericka’s bail to be set at $200,000, citing the plot and her access to a large amount of money.

“They were to take revenge on anyone that went against them, including and not limited to Special Agent Shider, Sheriff Reader and Attorney General Mike DeWine,” Canepa said. “There were also discussions about how they would try to make an escape.”

Good job.

That makes sense. Thank you.

She mentioned the fishing trip around July 2017, there's comments and links in at least thread 29, if not 28 too. There was mention of HHG babysitting the four day old while KR and HMR went fishing, but, there are now broken links. Honestly, unless HMR was feeling much happier toward HHG and FR, I don't see it. CG said he'd never seen the infant, in his interview, and HMR was adamant that he not see her just four days earlier. Leaving her with HHG, and FR, who were pulling for CG to see her, seems odd to me.
I agree 100%

If their adult record is what they are bargaining with, to be a witness, and especially if they are young, the defense would want that juvie record to try and show a history of a type of behaviour. I swear, the day they raided the Ws farms the first time, I thought I saw what could have been someone being brought in from a detention center. If memory serves.

Didn’t the person moving into the Peterson Rd. Farm find something in the yard, prompting the search?

Jakes first pre trial hearing is 12/20. Not much longer.

Maybe the CI wasn’t even orchestrated by LE. Maybe someone used their phone to record a convo, then took it to LE.

They would probably be handled by them afterward though. They'd be golden to them. A recording made alone, by the CI, wouldn't be admissible in court. A warrant would be needed for such an act.

Asst. Attorney General Angela Canepa said a confidential informant told them they were with the Wagners at Fredericka’s horse farm when a plot for revenge was discussed. (Canepa said NO SUCH THING.) Canepa asked for Fredericka’s bail to be set at $200,000, citing the plot and her access to a large amount of money.

DeWine didn't say Confidential Informant, he said Confidential Source. Canepa said "Reliable Resource/Source". So it is still a fact
that no one has said "Confidential Informant". Slight changes in wording like that gets the whole thread off target. Things in this case are screwed up enough using facts. When it gets to the point you do not know fact from fiction, there is no use bothering trying to decipher what happened...

BBM

I remember that also. We discussed it at length on here. It could be a friend of one of the 4W's. They may have bought something they used in the crimes from a friend. When that friend got arrested he used it as a bargaining chip to reduce his own sentence, thereby sending every LE and his brother out to the W farms to find whatever he sold to them.

JMO

How crazy is this, if the allegations are true.
AW fashions herself as some parental authority (based on wanting to raise SW) & that only she can properly raise a child, yet it appears she led her own children to LWOP or worse. I think she has a self-image issue, maybe.

Rather than AW jealous over the new trailer I wonder if her jealousy went much deeper. Maybe she felt the Rs to be a happy, content family. Perhaps she liked CR more than as a friend & his reconciliation with D irritated her.

There could have been jealousy of them all having jobs and money to buy what they wanted. There doesn't seem to be much working or income happening in her family...

Dudly, didn't they have their own rig, and company, that they tried to get off the ground? I think that's what the big barn across the road from the Peterson house was built to house. After the murders he quit traveling back and forth long distance and took a pay drop, so, he said, that he could be home more regularly with S. He was trucking, I believe, and I also believe that AW did a lot of the care for S, in his absence.

You are, as always, entitled to your own opinion. But I, too, am entitled to mine. And my opinion is that Fred is a criminal who needs to do her time in jail.

Then when she gets out of jail she needs to ask Lenny, Judy, Geneva, Hazel's mother and Gary's mother to forgive her for the years of pain she caused them by lying to keep her son out of jail.

And it doesn't cut any ice for me that she is a mother. I am a mother but I would not lie for my son if he killed 8 people. I would be the first one down at the police station turning him in, in fact. I would feel it was my duty as his mother to get him off the street before he could kill anyone else.

So therefore all of my sympathy is reserved for the parents of the victims. So should the sympathy of everyone else on here. After all we have listened to these parents cry and beg for justice for their dead children for 2 1/2 years now. How many times have we heard Fred cry?

JMO

There was just a case in Richmond, Indiana where a mother called police that her son was going to a school to shoot it up. They got there before him. The only injury was the 14 year old committing suicide when he knew he was had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery