OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just curious as to why none of the other co-defendant's defense teams asked and/or inquired about RW being able to visit with them (either in jail and/or per phone) - why just Billy? Is it safe to assume she doesn't visit any of the others? I am just curious what is up with that? Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Quoting my own post above - I didn't receive any input regarding this so going to ask again and possibly someone has some ideas....does anyone know why this may be? I just find it kind of odd that this was only mentioned at Billy's court proceedings and none of the other co-defendents?

Yes, you all who said 3/29 - are correct for GW3. From the court site:

03/29/2019 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL DEERING, RANDY D

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...nBGKd8-FfgiP6yWoaiVQIaOfMoS1LQZ2*-OkP1uq2biLQ

97x32px-LL-40ad66f8_thanx.gif

Of course! What ever "that" is - M&T forum??
74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

and you're ALL quite welcome! :)

Sorry I forgot the link! It's the Media & Timelines - Research thread for the Pike County Murders

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

The Media & Timelines -Research Forum is at the top of the main page for the "Crimes In the News" section of WS.

See it at the top of the page in the link below.

Crimes in the News

Click on it and you'll find threads for some of the case subforums in Crimes In the News

Crimes In The News- Time Line - Media-Reference Fo

The one for the Pike County Murders is usually near the top of the listed threads. It's up to 12 pages now and has many links to news articles, videos, images, documents, case summaries, timelines, etc. from the first days after the Rhoden family murders.

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

It's a helpful place to quickly access links and info for regular reference. Also a good place for people to read and catch up. Anyone can post items there. Hope everyone uses it!

Quoting my own post above - I didn't receive any input regarding this so going to ask again and possibly someone has some ideas....does anyone know why this may be? I just find it kind of odd that this was only mentioned at Billy's court proceedings and none of the other co-defendents?
Maybe something recently happened, like since the last week where they have only had a chance to say at BWIII pre trial

Not sure why. All the defense attorneys seem to be approaching the "no contact" rulings differently. Maybe its just a difference in the attorney's overall strategy or its based on who their client wants to continue meeting. IDK. The public isn't privy to that information. JMO.

ETA: Of the 4 Wagners indicted for murder, George III is the only one who is a sibling of RW. I would assume GW3's attorney is accurate in stating they are close and still want to be able to talk.

Last edited:
It has been asked how much those hard drives could hold. This is ONE terabyte.
Approximately 500 hours worth of movies on one terabyte.
or
Approximately 2 million photos.
or
Approximately 1000 hours of video.
or
Approximately 17,000 hours of music.

This is per Google searches....

Last edited:
Many cams also do audio, even the really cheap ones. Cams that can be controlled with your cell phone, called IP (as in IP address) cameras, are certainly hackable, there's been incidents of hackers talking to their victims via the camera. The very cheap set I have on the bird feeders hears better than I do.

Camera tech has come a long way, but even 10-20 years ago, pinhole cams with remote access were available. Recent ads on tv offer two very small body cams for $40, and you can get dash cams for your car cheap.

Cell phone and cordless landlines are not secure, a simple radio/police scanner can pick them up, the cordless landlines transmit a lot farther to a scanner than they will to their own base unit.

KR's would get my vote for no evidence tampering. I think one shot and run. Rumor was that his cell phone was still in the window sill.

Haven't re-read anything, but "intercepts" (plural) implies multiple incidents, so maybe that covers all.
Yes 3 counts of evidence tampering 4 counts of burglary. Kenny's camper would get my vote also for the location without an evidence tampering charge. BUT DS said all of Kenny's security cameras were missing and yes that is burglary but why wouldn't that be evidence tampering too?

What's the difference between evidence tampering and burglery? Isn't anything stolen considered evidence tampering?

Ok, maybe I'm over thinking it.

Jumping off of @Willow Knight's post, re; JW setting up a baby monitor and baby bed, etc... I think we only have JW's word that he set up the baby bed/monitor, and he very well could be telling the truth, as he'd have probably remained as friendly as possible with all of the Rs/HHG.

A couple three types of baby monitors, that was available, w/apps, for cell phones, in 2016.

WiFi Baby has been rated the best baby monitor and best baby monitor app 2016 by The Bump (thebump.com), one of the largest parenting sites. WiFi Baby 4 (4th generation) is a smart home baby monitor that syncs to your WiFi network (ex. like your laptop, tablet) and pairs via baby monitor apps to view anywhere on iPhone, iPad and Android. The only wire is the AC adapter. It does not need a computer to function or any wired connection to your router and is password-protected. Our company is an American startup founded by parents in 2010 and located in Lake Worth, Florida. Learn more and meet the family HERE.
WiFi Baby | Baby Monitor Review | Best Baby Monitor App FAQ

High Quality Video + Audio Baby Monitor with Unlimited Range (Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth), Noise and Motion Alerts. Excellent choice for secure home and travel baby monitoring. Easy to use, works on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or a Mac with no configuration.

Cloud Baby Monitor is used by tens of thousands of satisfied customers every day.
‎Cloud Baby Monitor

...and, Dust off an old smart phone that you have lying around -- you'll need two phones to pull this off. (And if you don't have an old phone, chances are you will soon considering how often new versions come out!) The good news is that you won't have to pay to use your old phone since you only need Internet access and it should work on the same Wi-Fi network you use with your current phone. Download the app of your choice onto both phones. Set up one in the nursery and point the camera at the crib. "

Try This Trick: Turn Your Phone Into a Baby Monitor

Finally, if he did set up a baby cam, that was similar to the above, and was kind enough to hook up the app on their cell phones, it could have been as simple as saying; I'll need your password to set this up, on your phone, and wifi..., then he'd have the info to set it up on his own cell, too. He could have done that right there, while he set up the monitor.

They got pretty specific with AW too (she appeared as if she may cry, toward the end of her hearing), so it may have been due to G3/AW, both, attempting to have RW, send and recv messages between them, (or other family members), and they got caught. The list of folks visiting the four, has to be fairly slim. All of the folks one would normally be speaking with, in this type of situation, (those who are closest to you), are co-defendants and on the no contact list, except for their siblings, and I've a feeling RW is about the only one visiting, or accepting jail calls from, any of them.

Yes 3 counts of evidence tampering 4 counts of burglary. Kenny's camper would get my vote also for the location without an evidence tampering charge. BUT DS said all of Kenny's security cameras were missing and yes that is burglary but why wouldn't that be evidence tampering too?

What's the difference between evidence tampering and burglery? Isn't anything stolen considered evidence tampering?

Ok, maybe I'm over thinking it.

Keep in mind the evidence tampering charges relate to 3 different types of tampering, not necessarily to the number of locations where the tampering took place. At least that's the way I read it. JMO

For example, Count 17 refers to evidence tampering related to bullet casings. Technically, using brass catchers to "remove" evidence of bullet casings was tampering that occurred at all 4 crime scenes. It doesn't seem crime scene or location-specific.

Last edited:
Not sure why. All the defense attorneys seem to be approaching the "no contact" rulings differently. Maybe its just a difference in the attorney's overall strategy or its based on who their client wants to continue meeting. IDK. The public isn't privy to that information. JMO.

ETA: Of the 4 Wagners indicted for murder, George III is the only one who is a sibling of RW. I would assume GW3's attorney is accurate in stating they are close and still want to be able to talk.

I think maybe Robin only requested to talk to GWIII. They made it a point to say she wanted to be able to talk to him. I'm sure momma is letting her know what to discuss. I wonder if they decided on any code words to use if caught since they had discussed revenge...

It could be that in future hearings with AW, JW, and GW4 this subject of Robin visiting will be brought up.

It could be that George 3 is the only one who didn't try to use Robin to pass messages. (Your conversations are recorded over the phones when talking to visitors at the jail.)

Could be Robin isn't visiting the others for personal reasons, or the others already have their quota of visitors.

G4's ex, mother of his son, was at one of his court appearances. I would guess she visits. I would guess Angela's brother visits and puts money in her commissary account, but was he in court for any of Angela's 2 appearances? Angela's brother might visit G4 and JW, he's their uncle after all. The "boys" must have some close Ohio friends that would support them (but not want to be on camera in court, would you want to be shown on their side of the courtroom?)

Just My 2 Cents. Maybe we will find out more at other hearings.

Keep in mind the evidence tampering charges relate to 3 different types of tampering, not necessarily to the number of locations where the tampering took place. At least that's the way I read it. JMO

For example, Count 17 refers to evidence tampering related to bullet casings. Technically, using brass catchers to "remove" evidence of bullet casings was tampering that occurred at all 4 crime scenes. It doesn't seem crime scene or location-specific.
Thankx. That helps.

I think maybe Robin only requested to talk to GWIII. They made it a point to say she wanted to be able to talk to him. I'm sure momma is letting her know what to discuss. I wonder if they decided on any code words to use if caught since they had discussed revenge...

Yes, I believed they discussed different scenarios and that they are trying their best to get control of these situations of being locked up. JMO. I can't put my finger on it yet, but I have never trusted RW, and especially more so now that I know her and Billy are so close. IMO, there's just a LOT more to her than meets the eye. One odd thing, on my life website, she listed herself at one time as married. Hmm.

I don’t remember the other Wagner’s paying as much attention to RW as GW was. Is that correct?

They got pretty specific with AW too (she appeared as if she may cry, toward the end of her hearing), so it may have been due to G3/AW, both, attempting to have RW, send and recv messages between them, (or other family members), and they got caught. The list of folks visiting the four, has to be fairly slim. All of the folks one would normally be speaking with, in this type of situation, (those who are closest to you), are co-defendants and on the no contact list, except for their siblings, and I've a feeling RW is about the only one visiting, or accepting jail calls from, any of them.

According to Google searches, GWIV once lived with CN (Rita's son) (or showed the same address). We need to remember that CN has been to all court appearances, but now that I think about it, he wasn't at GW3s last one, is that correct?

As I understand it..if he is found guilty it gives him a chance to state why he should not receive the death penalty. The prosecution will not be able to respond to that.

That's correct. It has to do with the mitigating factors, portion of the death penalty. That's standard DP case filing, I believe. If they find him guilty, the judge would look at the mitigating factors and decide whether to impose the sentence. The judge would then write up why the mitigating factors did not weigh upon him to change the sentence. Iirc.

According to Google searches, GWIV once lived with CN (Rita's son) (or showed the same address). We need to remember that CN has been to all court appearances, but now that I think about it, he wasn't at GW3s last one, is that correct?

I don't recall. I've seen him at a lot of them. I thought maybe he and RW rode together.

Jumping off of @Willow Knight's post, re; JW setting up a baby monitor and baby bed, etc... I think we only have JW's word that he set up the baby bed/monitor, and he very well could be telling the truth, as he'd have probably remained as friendly as possible with all of the Rs/HHG.

A couple three types of baby monitors, that was available, w/apps, for cell phones, in 2016.

WiFi Baby | Baby Monitor Review | Best Baby Monitor App FAQ

‎Cloud Baby Monitor

...and, Dust off an old smart phone that you have lying around -- you'll need two phones to pull this off. (And if you don't have an old phone, chances are you will soon considering how often new versions come out!) The good news is that you won't have to pay to use your old phone since you only need Internet access and it should work on the same Wi-Fi network you use with your current phone. Download the app of your choice onto both phones. Set up one in the nursery and point the camera at the crib. "

Try This Trick: Turn Your Phone Into a Baby Monitor

Finally, if he did set up a baby cam, that was similar to the above, and was kind enough to hook up the app on their cell phones, it could have been as simple as saying; I'll need your password to set this up, on your phone, and wifi..., then he'd have the info to set it up on his own cell, too. He could have done that right there, while he set up the monitor.

WRT the Tampering With Evidence charges, there's this quote from a previous WaPo article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/crim...members/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d6339f074a1a

DeWine lamented the ways in which the eight victims were “brutally and viciously” executed. No other suspects are connected to the case, he said, and evidence suggests the Wagners spent months meticulously planning the crimes by studying the Rhoden family’s habits and routines. He alleged that the four suspects knew the layouts of the victims' homes and where they slept, and that after killing them, the Wagners tampered with phones, a silencer, shell casings and surveillance cameras in an attempt to hide evidence.

This was likely DeWine just reiterating what was in the indictments for the W's, but it may confirm this is all the tampering that happened.

Again, the tampering charges are different from Count 20 - the charge that deals with interception of oral, wire, electronic, etc. communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann