OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what document?
Pike County sheriff, prosecutor feud after prosecutor asks sheriff to avoid criminal investigations

The document is in this article. Scroll down the article. Also, if you click on the "zoom" in upper right corner the document will enlarge enough to read.

In regard to this article, the whole thing with their public feud is disappointing.
So many other court things are going on: Omnibus "complaints", pre-trials, 2 trials in 2 months, waiting for the evidence, etc... Yeah, this Reader Junk thing is the last thing needed right now, regardless of who is "right" and who is "wrong".

Sorry, don't want to be a Debbie Downer. We can see if anything gets done in court this week with the 2 Wagner parents...2 Cents....o_O

Last edited:
Pike County sheriff, prosecutor feud after prosecutor asks sheriff to avoid criminal investigations

The document is in this article. Scroll down the article. Also, if you click on the "zoom" in upper right corner the document will enlarge enough to read.

In regard to this article, the whole thing with their public feud is disappointing.
So many other court things are going on: Omnibus "complaints", pre-trials, 2 trials in 2 months, waiting for the evidence, etc... Yeah, this Reader Junk thing is the last thing needed right now, regardless of who is "right" and who is "wrong".

Sorry, don't want to be a Debbie Downer. We can see if anything gets done in court this week with the 2 Wagner parents...2 Cents....o_O
Thanks CoolCats I saw that article about the corporal, Junk and sheriff stuff. I was asking about this quote in Dudly's post, where it came from?

Interesting replies.
"Besides her husband dying during that time and the FBI destroying many horses on her farm, she also was supposed to be digging through papers to get a bill? Wow!"

Edit: Sorry CoolCats your link was right on, I forgot I'd asked about the RC document article because I found it. But I sure would like to know about that above quote, who said it. I couldn't open the accompanying link to see.

Last edited:
Thanks CoolCats I saw that article about the corporal, Junk and sheriff stuff. I was asking about this quote in Dudly's post, where it came from?

Interesting replies.
"Besides her husband dying during that time and the FBI destroying many horses on her farm, she also was supposed to be digging through papers to get a bill? Wow!"

Edit: Sorry CoolCats your link was right on, I forgot I'd asked about the RC document article because I found it. But I sure would like to know about that above quote, who said it. I couldn't open the accompanying link to see.

The link was just a photo of Fred. I also would like to know where the quote came from?

and for Angela - court date for tomorrow is now on 7/3:

05/08/2019 MOTION, ENTRY, AND CERTIFICATION FOR APPOINTED COUNSEL FEES FILED

05/10/2019 MOTION AND ENTRY FOR CONTINUANCE FILED (VIA FAX)
Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F

05/10/2019 """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Judge: DEERING, RANDY D
Event: PRE-TRIAL
Date: 07/03/2019 Time: 01:30 PM

05/10/2019 ENTRY - UPON MOTION OF THE DEFENDANT, AND FOR GOOD CAUSE SHOWN, THE PRE-TRIAL SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2019 AT 1:30PM IS CONTINUED TO WEDNESDAY, JULY 3, 2019 AT 1:30PM

05/10/2019 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...H7Tq4i1aefkeqKtBGqo8d49ag*wHJd8*n5JIzl24M2pcw

If you were picked to be on a Wagner jury, could you overlook the "dog who can't swim"? Or would it be hard to believe anything he says? Hummmm....:cool:

My concern is if FW has Junk in power/control what potential jury members are also beholding to her, or she could find a way to insure a hung jury? I do not think that woman should be underestimated.

and for Angela - court date for tomorrow is now on 7/3:

05/08/2019 MOTION, ENTRY, AND CERTIFICATION FOR APPOINTED COUNSEL FEES FILED

05/10/2019 MOTION AND ENTRY FOR CONTINUANCE FILED (VIA FAX)
Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F

05/10/2019 """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Judge: DEERING, RANDY D
Event: PRE-TRIAL
Date: 07/03/2019 Time: 01:30 PM

05/10/2019 ENTRY - UPON MOTION OF THE DEFENDANT, AND FOR GOOD CAUSE SHOWN, THE PRE-TRIAL SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2019 AT 1:30PM IS CONTINUED TO WEDNESDAY, JULY 3, 2019 AT 1:30PM

05/10/2019 COSTS FOR NOTICES MAILED

link: https://www.pikecountycpcourt.org/e...H7Tq4i1aefkeqKtBGqo8d49ag*wHJd8*n5JIzl24M2pcw

Thanks. That's how I understood it, too. That AW's attorneys need more time and requested a continuance.

My concern is if FW has Junk in power/control what potential jury members are also beholding to her, or she could find a way to insure a hung jury? I do not think that woman should be underestimated.

Wow. I haven't seen anything that points to Fred being all involved in area politics or being involved in the community in any power grabbing way. I'm not seeing it and there has been no mention of her doing anything charitable in the community other than on her property, no mention of her making large donations. Perhaps I missed something?

There is no way Junk would have charged Fred if he was riding around in her back pocket. In fact I think it's the opposite thing that is going on here....
it's the other way around.

Rather than Fred having clout with Pike County Officials, I see Pike County Officials throwing the book at her. I don't think they are "impressed" with her wealth at all and I don't think they "owe" her anything. I see Fred strongly fighting against them but the State of Ohio is fighting back equally hard against her.

I see prosecutors who DO NOT WANT TO LOSE the case against her. They want to get a conviction against her. The last thing they want to do is have HER WIN against them.

Fred winning an acquittal actually will make the prosecution look weak going into the other trials, there is no gain in this for the prosecution if Fred wins.

I do not believe Fred has anything she can "hold over" the prosecution or "hold over" any juror either, except to fight her case with an aggressive attorney, which she is doing.

If she tampers with the jury, to go in her favor, then she will get arrested for Jury Tampering, a felony in Ohio, and get the book thrown at her again. I doubt she would ever take that chance!

.....My 2 Cents Only.....

Last edited:
Fred probably thinks there’s no way they will convict her family of money and notoriety since they killed the poor rhodens. JMO on her seemingly cocky personality.

There will be awhile before the trial starts (I'm thinking 2021 at the earliest, for the W4). If it looks like it will damage the case, I'd not call him as a witness. Other officers worked the case, as did BCI. If they have a solid case, they may not really need him, just the other LEOs assigned to the case.

Wow. I haven't seen anything that points to Fred being all involved in area politics or being involved in the community in any power grabbing way. I'm not seeing it and there has been no mention of her doing anything charitable in the community other than on her property, no mention of her making large donations. Perhaps I missed something?

There is no way Junk would have charged Fred if he was riding around in her back pocket. In fact I think it's the opposite thing that is going on here....
it's the other way around.

Rather than Fred having clout with Pike County Officials, I see Pike County Officials throwing the book at her. I don't think they are "impressed" with her wealth at all and I don't think they "owe" her anything. I see Fred strongly fighting against them but the State of Ohio is fighting back equally hard against her.

I see prosecutors who DO NOT WANT TO LOSE the case against her. They want to get a conviction against her. The last thing they want to do is have HER WIN against them.

Fred winning an acquittal actually will make the prosecution look weak going into the other trials, there is no gain in this for the prosecution if Fred wins.

I do not believe Fred has anything she can "hold over" the prosecution or "hold over" any juror either, except to fight her case with an aggressive attorney, which she is doing.

If she tampers with the jury, to go in her favor, then she will get arrested for Jury Tampering and get the book thrown at her again. I doubt she would ever take that chance!

.....My 2 Cents Only.....
I like every bit of what you said. Only two things that give me pause are the worsipping atitude of GW4's ex-MIL in that Oxygen Network special towards FW. Her daughter's grandchild was taken away by the Ws so I was surprised at her unequivocal support.. The other is what Sheriff said to AGJ about his supposed not so clean connections. That just gave me an uneasiness. AJMO

There will be awhile before the trial starts (I'm thinking 2021 at the earliest, for the W4). If it looks like it will damage the case, I'd not call him as a witness. Other officers worked the case, as did BCI. If they have a solid case, they may not really need him, just the other LEOs assigned to the case.
I agree but did Junk really need to say publically that the sheriff's office should give to him all the names of all LE working for Pike County that could be placed on the Brady List for dishonesty? Why would he do that publically? That alone could taint the jury pool and should have been privately done. I'm sure AC was not pleased with the go around Reader and Junk had on SM and written about in the press. IMO

I like every bit of what you said. Only two things that give me pause are the worsipping atitude of GW4's ex-MIL in that Oxygen Network special towards FW. Her daughter's grandchild was taken away by the Ws so I was surprised at her unequivocal support.. The other is what Sheriff said to AGJ about his supposed not so clean connections. That just gave me an uneasiness. AJMO

I agree Sunshimeray there is a lot that gives me pause, and I do agree with some of what Coolcats said. It is all just my opinion.

Oh, my. Social media / Facebook posting will be the end of civilization. o_O

It really looks awful when public officials put this kind of stuff out on FB or Twitter or whatever. Why?
It doesn't look good for prosecution of the W4. This public argument is pure gold for the defense. Let's hope they move the trials far away from Pike County.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member