OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the text message was reportedly sent from James Manley to Jake.

There is an interesting discrepancy between these two articles.

Manley said he believes BCI placed the GPS unit on his son's truck because they told him that James had texted Wagner at 2 a.m. on the morning of the murders. Manley said he believes poor cell service could have led to a delay in the text message's delivery.
"If that text was sent at 8 or 9 o'clock at night and that boy didn't get it until the next morning," Manley said.
Manley said Wagner and his son know each other but aren't friends.

Relative of Rhoden victim accused of destroying GPS appears in court

Leonard Manley said he thinks agents put the GPS device on the truck after they found a text message sent from his son's phone to Jake Wagner at 2 a.m. April 22, 2016. Jake Wagner is a former boyfriend of victim Hanna Rhoden. Leonard Manley said a BCI agent told him about the text message but did not disclose what it said.
Family members have said in the past that they routinely sent text and Facebook messages to each other.

Pike County judge: Evidence tampering charge to be heard by grand jury

Does anyone else think that the 1st statement came from the Manley family, and the 2nd statement came from the W4?

The W4 were trying to set JM up for the murders.

The W4 had also been tapping into someone's communications until about the same time JM tore the GPS off his truck.

The night of the murders, it is debated who was really posting on FB and sending text message/s.....

JMO, MOO, etc.

ETA - Wouldn't that be a great way to set JM up? Tapping into JM's phone and sending a red herring of a text message "to" JW's phone, "I'm going to go over to UHR now, they'll all be dead by morning" at 2:00am?

Last edited:
BBM: Is there a link available for this information? Thanks in advance!

Pike County murders: Relative tells of finding victims - cleveland.com

Manley says she was following her usual routine on the morning of April 22, driving to the trailer of her brother-in-law, Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens.

She says the door to the trailer was locked, which was unusual, but she found the key. Inside, she found a large amount of blood in the front room and possible drag marks leading to the back.

She ran to Rhoden's bedroom and found Rhoden and his cousin, Gary Rhoden, 38, both dead and lying on their stomachs.

Manley ran outside and called 911 on her cell phone, then went next door to tell her nephew, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, that she had found his father dead. But the door to that trailer was locked as well. A 3-year-old toddler living in the trailer opened the door.

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

Car repairman Donald Stone, 44, told how he found the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden lying in bed with a single bullet wound to his head.

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

Chris SR's window open, part of curtain out:
http://mediaassets.wcpo.com/photo/2016/04/28

Frankies's window partly open:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/22

Last edited:

Manley says she was following her usual routine on the morning of April 22, driving to the trailer of her brother-in-law, Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens.

She says the door to the trailer was locked, which was unusual, but she found the key. Inside, she found a large amount of blood in the front room and possible drag marks leading to the back.

She ran to Rhoden's bedroom and found Rhoden and his cousin, Gary Rhoden, 38, both dead and lying on their stomachs.

Manley ran outside and called 911 on her cell phone, then went next door to tell her nephew, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, that she had found his father dead. But the door to that trailer was locked as well. A 3-year-old toddler living in the trailer opened the door.

Ohio family massacre victim had $1k in cash strewn at his feet and was shot in the head | Daily Mail Online

Car repairman Donald Stone, 44, told how he found the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden lying in bed with a single bullet wound to his head.

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

Yes, there are pictures of windows open, however, I don't think LE/investigators have commented/reported anything in regards to the windows being open, so it is just speculation/opinion of "why" they were open. If there is a link in regards to LE/investigators mentioning/talking about the windows being open, a link would be appreciated.

Yes, there are pictures of windows open, however, I don't think LE/investigators have commented/reported anything in regards to the windows being open, so it is just speculation/opinion of "why" they were open. If there is a link in regards to LE/investigators mentioning/talking about the windows being open, a link would be appreciated.

...My 2 Cents....

I'm pretty sure it's just the photos (there are clearer ones) that got people to speculate about why were the windows open and did Jake go through a window? Then it gets speculated that maybe they poured bleach and opened windows.....etc....

There was so much blood all over Chris's trailer and Kenny's camper that there was no point in throwing bleach around. Besides BJM was interviewed enough to where she would have mentioned the smell if there was any.

Donald Stone:
"There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see. "

Rumors are not allowed at Websleuths. If you can't link to MSM or LE, then it is considered rumor and your post will be removed.

If there are rumor posts that still exist on the thread, it's not that we are allowing some and not others or showing favoritism. We ONLY know about those posts if members Report them. If they don't get reported, they don't necessarily get seen or removed. We have hundreds of active threads and aren't reading post after post on each of them 24/7.

Please don't complain to the effect "but jimmy's post was not removed and mine was". Maybe jimmy's post was not reported. Honestly folks, we love you and jimmy equally.

Also please remember that it is Websleuths' policy to redact the names of minor children and replace them with either initials or asterisks.

Last edited:
BBM: Is there a link available for this information? Thanks in advance!

Yes, see photos of the trailers in the news media and articles referencing BJM having to get the key to open the door at Chris Rhoden, Sr's trailer, having to get BM to open the door at Frankie's and DS's interviews stating KR's door was unlocked.

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

0426ctmbegnaudohmurdermanhunt510321640x360.jpg

ETA: Just noticed CoolCats has the links above, thanks CC!

I'll always remember the day the news media first ran the helicopter videos of the crime scenes and everyone noticing the windows open. It's been a topic of discussion since then as it the weather seemed somewhat cool at night. Many theories about that since then.

Last edited:

When the information about a crime scene is given in the news media, not refuted by LE and is available in photos of the crime scene, it's accepted. It's ok to speculate about why the latter exists as long as you say it's your opinion - JMO, MOO, etc. As Cool Cats linked above, there are photos of windows open in some of the trailers and reports of first hand witnesses in the news media that some of the doors at the crime scenes were locked while others were unlocked.

In the link in the post just above this one, BJM reports the doors at both CR1 and FR trailers were locked, at KR's trailer they were unlocked. Photos at the links above show windows on CR1 and FR trailers were open. Those topics have long been discussed here. We won't know for sure why that happened until the trials.

JMO

BBM

It is just my opinion that she stayed home with the kids, and my opinion that the men wouldn't need her help at the scenes, and my opinion that they wouldn't want her to see them shoot 8 people.

Is it possible that you may be projecting the men in your own life onto the W men? The men in your own life may be kind, protective of you, and would never want you to think bad about them by letting you see them do something like that. That is the way the men in my life are (hubby, son, grandsons, brothers ect).

But we don't know the W men. We don't know if they were these big strong men who protected the little woman. On the other hand we don't know if Billy was a hen-pecked husband or if Jake and George were brow beaten sons.

But here is one thing we do know for a fact, she has sat in jail for 7 months and not one of those three men have stepped forward to take the fall for Angie, not one of them, not even her own husband, has stepped forward to say that Angie wasn't there, that she had no part in it.

To me, that speaks volumes.

ETA: On the other hand Jake and George have sat in jail for 7 months and have you seen this sweet faced, motherly woman step forward and take the fall for her own sons, saying they weren't there, it was all her? Some mother huh?
JMO

I really did think the older ones would take the fall for the two younger ones. But it is still early I guess. Then again these are not honorable people by any means.

I thought the defense wanted it in their discovery.

Edit:
If he was awake, I don't believe they knew the child was awake, during the murders. If so, and they knew he was awake, I feel that they may not have let him live. They murdered a 16 y.o. kid. who they'd known since before he was ever a teen. That speaks volumes.
I think you are correct. If they knew BR was awake he would have been victim #9. Furthermore Angie probably would have been the one to put the bullet in his head.

<modsnip: discussing other members; personalizing>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumors are not allowed at Websleuths. If you can't link to MSM or LE, then it is considered rumor and your post will be removed.

If there are rumor posts that still exist on the thread, it's not that we are allowing some and not others or showing favoritism. We ONLY know about those posts if members Report them. If they don't get reported, they don't necessarily get seen or removed. We have hundreds of active threads and aren't reading post after post on each of them 24/7.

Please don't complain to the effect "but jimmy's post was not removed and mine was". Maybe jimmy's post was not reported. Honestly folks, we love you and jimmy equally.

Also please remember that it is Websleuths' policy to redact the names of minor children and replace them with either initials or asterisks.

Thank you sillybilly for clarifying that for us.

I think you are correct. If they knew BR was awake he would have been victim #9. Furthermore Angie probably would have been the one to put the bullet in his head.

<modsnip>

JMO

Yes, my theory has been that BR was on the couch pretending to be asleep, but overheard the whole thing. There wouldn't have been talking among them as they broke in, but once the murders were done, they probably had some discussions among themselves while removing evidence, staging the scene, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone entertained the idea that they didn’t know BR was even there? He could have been cuddled up in a ball under a blanket on the couch and they weren’t aware he was there. JMO

Seems logical and explains why Sheriff Reader was so adamant about keeping the location of the surviving kids secret. And is still keeping it secret.

Reader probably realized after BR's interview at the hospital that the W's probably didn't realize he was there. In addition, he may have given them some information about the killers. Reader knew that once the news media reported that the little boy was there, the killers would take revenge against him and anyone he might have talked to. Smart move on his part because at that time, he didn't know with certainty if the killers were local or had left town.

That's why BR is still being protected as the judicial process moves forward for the Wagners.

BBM “She says the door to the trailer was locked, which was unusual, but she found the key. Inside, she found a large amount of blood in the front room and possible drag marks leading to the back.“. I believe we discussed perhaps the reason for dragging the bodies to the bedroom was so they wouldn’t be seen from looking in the window/door after the door was locked. IMO if this is true, this shoots down that theory. Why drag the bodies to hide them and not hide the drag marks? Perhaps the piling of bodies does support the idea of the Boondocks Saints movie. But why not do that with the others? My theory is it was taking too much time to mess with the bodies. They also couldn’t do that in Frankie’s trailer because BR was there.

BBM “She says the door to the trailer was locked, which was unusual, but she found the key. Inside, she found a large amount of blood in the front room and possible drag marks leading to the back.“. I believe we discussed perhaps the reason for dragging the bodies to the bedroom was so they wouldn’t be seen from looking in the window/door after the door was locked. IMO if this is true, this shoots down that theory. Why drag the bodies to hide them and not hide the drag marks? Perhaps the piling of bodies does support the idea of the Boondocks Saints movie. But why not do that with the others? My theory is it was taking too much time to mess with the bodies. They also couldn’t do that in Frankie’s trailer because BR was there.

BBM

Have always wondered that, too. Great post and great work all for considering they were trying to re-create a scene in "Boondock Saints". Have avoided watching it, but guess I'll have to. And, yes, the delay in waiting for Gary to arrive really put them in a rush to finish. If only Gary had stayed out longer, wherever he was, fewer people would have died. No shade on Gary, though, poor guy. He had no way of knowing.

Also praise for Puzzles earlier post putting pieces together about the alleged text messages between JM and JW the night of the murders. LE must have really been scratching their heads over that until they figured out that JW hacked JM's phone. Maybe that was the turning point, when LE realized the Wagners were lying to them. JMO, all the hacking, emails, texts, etc. will be decisive in getting convictions against all of them.

Has anyone entertained the idea that they didn’t know BR was even there? He could have been cuddled up in a ball under a blanket on the couch and they weren’t aware he was there. JMO

I think it's very possible. They'd not be turning on lights and such and his Mom asked that he stay overnight, at the last minute, and she didn't get him there until later in the evening.

When the information about a crime scene is given in the news media, not refuted by LE and is available in photos of the crime scene, it's accepted. It's ok to speculate about why the latter exists as long as you say it's your opinion - JMO, MOO, etc. As Cool Cats linked above, there are photos of windows open in some of the trailers and reports of first hand witnesses in the news media that some of the doors at the crime scenes were locked while others were unlocked.

In the link in the post just above this one, BJM reports the doors at both CR1 and FR trailers were locked, at KR's trailer they were unlocked. Photos at the links above show windows on CR1 and FR trailers were open. Those topics have long been discussed here. We won't know for sure why that happened until the trials.

JMO
Yes, I realize the topic of windows have long been discussed here. I have been following this case since it hit the news. JMO. MOO.

Yes, I realize the topic of windows have long been discussed here. I have been following this case since it hit the news. JMO. MOO.

Ok, thanks. I was just a little surprised that there was concern about discussing them here. It's ok, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419