OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rural. Desperate people (those seeking drug money), will take anything they can get via ATV, UTV, or on foot. Any "farm store" or local hardware store sells wireless cameras. We have them for that reason alone. So I don't think the cameras are all that weird - especially if illegal activity was happening.

I agree. I found out about someone doing this and was amazed what kind of things he would steal to sell later. I had no idea but there's a market for just about anything you can get your hands on.

Did GRs father still live in greenup? The fastest you could get to UHR from greenup would be about 45 minutes and that's really booking it. With 8 am traffic it would be even worse. I'm just wondering if the bodies would have still been in the original position by the time he got there

http://www.clrfuneralhome.com/#!Gary-D-Rhoden/dffpr/571fb5a00cf269c350f0970c
Flatwoods, KY. A bit further. 1 hour, 16 minutes, according to google maps right now. But that's 7:39 p.m. in KY. Probably longer in rush hour.

I am rural. Desperate people (those seeking drug money), will take anything they can get via ATV, UTV, or on foot. Any "farm store" or local hardware store sells wireless cameras. We have them for that reason alone. So I don't think the cameras are all that weird - especially if illegal activity was happening.

And they aren't expensive at all. Here's a very no frills one with night vision:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_488799-347-...torStoreBean@4ee54ee5]&pl=1&productId=4747745

We live near train tracks! I've gotten to a point where I kind of find it comforting when I hear a horn or listen to them bump!

They have a rhythm to them. Especially where the track joints are located. Then you hear a weird sound and what what is going on....

I agree. I found out about someone doing this and was amazed what kind of things he would steal to sell later. I had no idea but there's a market for just about anything you can get your hands on.

Agreed. And security cameras aren't all that expensive. We bought some very small ones and wired them up in our house since nurses are in and out while we are at work for my son and it was under $200. And you can't see them.

ETA: A few hundred dollars into a security system of sorts was probably nothing to them considering what activities they may have been involved in. And even if you just get crappy ones just to be alert and aware. And LM had implies CRsr's was pretty good possibly because he mentioned the cameras and the lights and said you could see the car and identify the person in it, but we never confirmed he was talking about the lights, the cameras, or both with that statement.

Considering LE involvement or not, moving a crime scene from one location to another does not seem "normal" to me. DeWine himself has already said it's unprecedented.

Hmm. You're right, my phrasing was off.
It's not the norm. Therefore, it's not normal. But it doesn't seem sinister, deviant, or suspicious to me. It seems like a wise course of action.

Considering LE involvement or not, moving a crime scene from one location to another does not seem "normal" to me. DeWine himself has already said it's unprecedented.

Considering the fact they may know more than we do about this scope of this ... I think it makes a lot of sense. It also keeps anyone from having to basically erect 10 ft. razor wire enclosures around all of the scenes to keep the thrill seekers out. They may think it's possible they are going to want to do jury walkthroughs at some point. There's just a lot of good, solid reasons for them to do this. JMO.

First timer here, be gentle please ; ).
I could see the loved ones of an overdose victim seeking revenge. You destroyed my family, now I'll destroy yours. This person could have declared war on drug dealers- Elsmere, Minford and the Rhodens. The kingpins in Minford and Rhoden cases beaten and shot. CR1 and GR possibly drug to their beds. Almost like a message to the dealers regarding, how do you sleep at night?

I don't know about the other cases, but, I did think about this w/ the Rhodens, only b/c of GR being a known harder drug user in the past, and I think he'd be, like users I've been around, willing to get someone something. There was a coincidental event, like all the other events surrounding the Rhodens, a few weeks prior to their deaths, that made me wonder about the same thing you are. The reason it did was b/c I think GR may have lived near the family at one time. It's really, really a long shot and I completely stumbled on it by accident, but it did make me wonder.

Considering the fact they may know more than we do about this scope of this ... I think it makes a lot of sense. It also keeps anyone from having to basically erect 10 ft. razor wire enclosures around all of the scenes to keep the thrill seekers out. They may think it's possible they are going to want to do jury walkthroughs at some point. There's just a lot of good, solid reasons for them to do this. JMO.

:tyou:

Pawn shops and flea markets are the working person's nightmare. People will steal anything for $20 to get high around my area. I am in the "tri-state" and have lived in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana so I imagine it's the same in Pike County. Only an hour or so from me. We see the drug life and what it does to people. I have lived the fringes of it through family. Much of this case does not shock me. People move and bunk up and do whatever from day to day to make enough to get by. We call them hunting/fishing people or drinking/drugging people depending on the vice. Just worry about making enough to scrape by. Live for the weekend. And if the week was good, it will be a 3 day weekend. It's a different lifestyle. I am not sure I would even understand it if I didn't have to deal with it on some level.

We are all certainly entitled to our theories. Reading them all is very interesting. The only thing I wonder about with the theory of LE taking the trailers for a coverup means this crime goes right up the line . . . Sheriff, attorney general, and BCI would all have to be involved as they all have access. How are you seeing this play out and how far up are you imagining it goes?

That's one way to look at it. But, you know, those crime scenes stayed out there for quite a while. LE, at one point, was making public sounds like they were finished processing the scenes. Then the trailers are towed in "to preserve" the crime scenes. They gonna conduct the future trial(s) at the preserved scenes? Once you move a crime scene,seems to me it's not preserved. So I'm thinking moving the scenes just helps manage the politics of this very messy situation. Out of sight (of the public), out of mind.

I imagine it's no different than leaving a house "crime scene" vacant and locked down. In this case since they can move the crime scene, I guess it's more cost effective??? And I wondered, does LE think someone would tamper with the scenes such as arson? I certainly would not want to be a lone deputy out there protecting one of those sights. Scary!

We are all certainly entitled to our theories. Reading them all is very interesting. The only thing I wonder about with the theory of LE taking the trailers for a coverup means this crime goes right up the line . . . Sheriff, attorney general, and BCI would all have to be involved as they all have access. How are you seeing this play out and how far up are you imagining it goes?

IMO, LE is taking the trailers AND cars out of there for a reason. They don't seem to be worried much about the grow ops, but they hauled 100+ cars out of there and the homes as well? There's either something hidden in those cars, or they want something that was underneath all of it. Wasn't there a new dozer sitting out there last week? Those aren't cheap to rent. They have something big in mind to do with it

I imagine it's no different than leaving a house "crime scene" vacant and locked down. In this case since they can move the crime scene, I guess it's more cost effective??? And I wondered, does LE think someone would tamper with the scenes such as arson? I certainly would not want to be a lone deputy out there protecting one of those sights. Scary!

I've wondered that too.. If either something would magically happen to one or all of the crime scenes, or that people would be peeking and trying to get in and sharing things with the media. With as big as the crime is, in so many locations, with so many angles, and the ability to move them fairly easy, I can see why they could move them versus paying deputies to be guarding them at all hours. JMO.

I guess I've always thought that it made more sense to move them (since they could) in case they wanted to reconstruct the scene once they got all of the results back. It would probably be less costly to use the actual scenes than to build replicas to reconstruct with. I think AG Dewine is having BCI look at this from all angles. If dirty local LE are involved it could be a good thing having the crime scenes locked up tight, away from possibilities of damage or destruction.

Your last sentence...fox guarding the henhouse comes to mind.

Pawn shops and flea markets are the working person's nightmare. People will steal anything for $20 to get high around my area. I am in the "tri-state" and have lived in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana so I imagine it's the same in Pike County. Only an hour or so from me. We see the drug life and what it does to people. I have lived the fringes of it through family. Much of this case does not shock me. People move and bunk up and do whatever from day to day to make enough to get by. We call them hunting/fishing people or drinking/drugging people depending on the vice. Just worry about making enough to scrape by. Live for the weekend. And if the week was good, it will be a 3 day weekend. It's a different lifestyle. I am not sure I would even understand it if I didn't have to deal with it on some level.

I used to live in WV and understand exactly what you're saying. Family members moving often, living together or apart in ways that don't seem to make sense, and many of them with no visible means of employment.

It's heartbreaking in some ways but maddening in others.

I wonder if they found a stash of cash and/or large quantity of drugs (esp if they were moving more than marihuana) in a hidey hole, false wall, or false floor in the "work" trailer. Maybe they moved them to a secure location where they can take them apart and see what they can find.

I also wonder if there had been meth labs in some of the vehicles they towed.

Probably not.

I'm new to sleuthing.

I'm guessing not on the cash, at least, b/c if someone comes barreling in w/guns blazing, someone is going to spill the beans that there is cash, or anything, to try and save their respective lives. KR & GR were pretty much alone, but, CR1, FR, and DR, all had children. You'll do nearly anything to save yourself, but if you think your child is in danger, you'll give it all up. Everything. Unless of course they're a sociopath too.

IMO, LE is taking the trailers AND cars out of there for a reason. They don't seem to be worried much about the grow ops, but they hauled 100+ cars out of there and the homes as well? There's either something hidden in those cars, or they want something that was underneath all of it. Wasn't there a new dozer sitting out there last week? Those aren't cheap to rent. They have something big in mind to do with it

They turned the properties back over to the families. I'm guessing the heavy equipment was to help prepare the trailers to move.

That's one way to look at it. But, you know, those crime scenes stayed out there for quite a while. LE, at one point, was making public sounds like they were finished processing the scenes. Then the trailers are towed in "to preserve" the crime scenes. They gonna conduct the future trial(s) at the preserved scenes? Once you move a crime scene,seems to me it's not preserved. So I'm thinking moving the scenes just helps manage the politics of this very messy situation. Out of sight (of the public), out of mind.

It's my understanding that they've processed everything they know to process at this point. Something may come up in the course of the investigation that could lead them to want to go back to them, and they don't want the scenes compromised.
I also think it's worth noting that LE has told the public practically nothing about what they've uncovered in this investigation, including what they found in those trailers. They are keeping their cards close to their chest, and they don't want anything to get out that would compromise the investigation. Leaving the trailers there for people to sift through could cause some information to slip, if the wrong/right person goes poking around.
Another thing worth considering is that we know members of the family have been questioned by police. If these trailers were left on the property and simply released to family, there's a chance that in doing so, they would be released to people involved in the massacres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse