OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to live in WV and understand exactly what you're saying. Family members moving often, living together or apart in ways that don't seem to make sense, and many of them with no visible means of employment.

It's heartbreaking in some ways but maddening in others.

Exactly! It's hard to understand why some of our family members choose such a crazy nomadic life style. No gas money, sometimes no car, no steady employment let alone a career path, and constantly bunking in with different family members... We have had middle of the night phone calls for money, calls from jail, the begging/pleading for $35... Hard to understand at times.

I'm thinking when everything comes to light this is going to be one of those high profile kind of cases. I think they took the trailers for the jury to walk through. See how the perp got in , how they moved around. Not to show the jury physical evidence .
I'm amazed at how I just wait for any kind on news on this case . I do think that for as big as this crime is the area is quiet. The neighbors aren't really talking, Facebook is pretty quiet. Eerie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSIDreamer asked....

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me? I'm going to go big here...... The Rhoden family is responsible for some of the other unsolved murders in the area, or maybe are responsible for the death of someone's loved one? On not such a big scale maybe they were printing and passing counterfeit money, but then the secret service would be involved.

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it? A loved one in the eyes of some.

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught? Other than to say their own satisfaction I'd have to pass on this one.

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place? This is just some possibilities.... A family dinner, wedding, or funeral. Demolation Derby.

Maybe the trailers were moved because the killer(s) left messages on the walls or elsewhere and they don't want the public to know.

Probably not.

I'm new at sleuthing.

I'm thinking when everything comes to light this is going to be one of those high profile kind of cases. I think they took the trailers for the jury to walk through. See how the perp got in , how they moved around. Not to show the jury physical evidence .
I'm amazed at how I just wait for any kind on news on this case . I do think that for as big as this crime is the area is quiet. The neighbors aren't really talking, Facebook is pretty quiet. Eerie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The parts of facebook that we are permitted to sleuth are very quiet...

Exactly! It's hard to understand why some of our family members choose such a crazy nomadic life style. No gas money, sometimes no car, no steady employment let alone a career path, and constantly bunking in with different family members... We have had middle of the night phone calls for money, calls from jail, the begging/pleading for $35... Hard to understand at times.

I think that's why some of us aren't that blown away by things they were doing.. Because we've grown up around it and watching it and when it's in your life like that, it's just normal. While I don't choose to do that, there was a point when I fell into it when I hit adulthood because that's all I knew. Having kids changed things for me, luckily, but it doesn't change it for everyone.. It's a very hard cycle to break. Some are just content with that lifestyle. Much of my family would be judged like crazy if this happened to them, but to them it's just the normal. They have been doing it for years.

Am I dreaming or didn't the coroner say all the shots were fatal shots?
I don't remember the exact quote, but I think it may have been something more like "they all died from fatal gunshots", or something along those lines maybe.

I think it could. Am I dreaming or didn't the coroner say all the shots were fatal shots?

This is the quote I found from the coroner who, BTW, is named Lakshmi Kode Sammarco:

"All sustained fatal gunshot wounds (GSW) to the body including head, torso and extremities ... there was one victim with a single GSW, one victim with 2 GSWs, two victims each with 3 GSWs, one victim with 4 GSWs, two victims each with 5 GSWs and one victim with 9 GSWs."

I take this to mean that the multiple gunshot wounds each person sustained (with the exception of KR, who received only one) were fatal in combination. I could be wrong, but I doubt the coroner meant that each GSW, by itself, would have been fatal. In other words, she is saying that they all died from gunshot wounds.

CSIDreamer asked....

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me? I'm going to go big here...... The Rhoden family is responsible for some of the other unsolved murders in the area, or maybe are responsible for the death of someone's loved one? On not such a big scale maybe they were printing and passing counterfeit money, but then the secret service would be involved.

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it? A loved one in the eyes of some.

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught? Other than to say their own satisfaction I'd have to pass on this one.

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place? This is just some possibilities.... A family dinner, wedding, or funeral. Demolation Derby.

I think that CR Sr got in over his head. I think he had his hands dipped into many pies waiting to see what would strike him rich. I think he thought he was a super bada**. I think GR was his right hand man. I don't think those two hand any idea what they hand stumbled upon. In their world, they ruled. They never thought someone else would have more power, money, whatever...

i think Dana was riding on her good fortune. Whet her it was live and/or money, she had another mouth the feed on a low income. Being back with CR Sr, she had a new house and a promise life would be better. Maybe the grow op was going to expand to her new place. Who knows. I think she knew without knowing or prying. I believe CR Sr sold her a line that he would take care of everything and she wanted to believe it.

I see KR as having an isolated family property where it was easier to do the family business without interruption. I think the next generation of boys was raised on the fringes and we're ready to take it to the next level. I think the girls were innocent bystanders.

Overall, I think this was probably related to drugs. And now LE has stumbled upon all the other pieces of the pie. I think the family trusted CR Sr to provide. And I think his ego led them down the wrong path. Sad.

Please give me some other theories!

A shot to the head is a fatal shot even if it doesn't kill you instantaneously. A shot to the heart is a fatal shot even if it doesn't kill you instantaneously. The shots may have all been in fatal places, with extra rounds fired in to ...erm... get the job done :/

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying that all head shots are eventually fatal????

Many people survive being shot in the head, especially with 22's. IMHO

What am I missing here?

Considering the fact they may know more than we do about this scope of this ... I think it makes a lot of sense. It also keeps anyone from having to basically erect 10 ft. razor wire enclosures around all of the scenes to keep the thrill seekers out. They may think it's possible they are going to want to do jury walkthroughs at some point. There's just a lot of good, solid reasons for them to do this. JMO.
While not unprecedented, a jury walk through is also a very rare occurence, isn't it? I just hope they arrest the real perp(s) and not some patsy who get's multiple death sentences because of LE's house of smoke and mirrors tour and cover up. Like MM stated, "they've got all the evidence" at their disposal and can do anything they want behind closed doors.

I'm sticking with Gary running his mouth about something that happened either in Greenup or Portsmouth. Kill Gary, kill everyone he told.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying that all head shots are eventually fatal????

What am I missing here?

We don't know it was a 22 though. I agree a 22 is not a great murder weapon really. Though it may work if they didn't get immediate medical attention. But we don't even the know caliber(s) used. Either way, they were all fatally shot, clearly.

What am I missing here?

No. But a coroner would know if the gunshot wounds were in fatal place, including parts of the head.
But someone else clarified what exactly the coroner did say, so my response was to something that was incorrectly recalled and can be disregarded.

We don't know it was a 22 though. I agree a 22 is not a great murder weapon really. Though it may work if they didn't get immediate medical attention. But we don't even the know caliber(s) used. Either way, they were all fatally shot, clearly.

Right, but I read the original as ALL head shots are fatal. Not just ones involved with this case. That's why I asked for clarification.

Right, but I read the original as ALL head shots are fatal. Not just ones involved with this case. That's why I asked for clarification.

You're right. I should have used "can be" instead of "is."
Sorry, dude.

You're right. I should have used "can be" instead of "is."
Sorry, dude.

Didn't mean to be nit picky but I was a research librarian in a former life; comes with the territory. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member