OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! If KR only had one that means both Hanna and Hannah were shot more than once, in bed with the babies. Makes me think it was overkill to put it bluntly, either in a hatefilled rage, or just a murderer who loves their job. Maybe KR was so asleep they only had to shoot one time in the head, or if different killers went into the homes it just depended on the shooter.

BBM. I've increased my theory of the number of killers to at least 3. I think CR1 and GR put up a fight, given the soft tissue bruising and the blood that was everywhere. Even with guns, I think it took more than two men to subdue them. I'm guessing it was an absolute bloodbath at 4077 for BJM to mention it the way she did. The fighting had to have been noisy, which could have awakened Frankie to come to his father's aid, if he weren't already dead, JMO.

i think some of the family, if not all, has an idea who did and are afraid to speak and / or LE told them to stay quiet :moo:

"Knowing" who did it is a pretty fur piece from being able to prove it in court. Even if surviving members can testify that so and so said they were going to wipe out the family, there are still some needed specifics that have to be nailed down--like who actually pulled the triggers. Was this a direct hit by whomever, or did they hire some flunkies? And given the vagueries, how far out on a limb would any survivors be willing to go in sharing their knowledge or theories with LE?

CSIDreamer asked....

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me? I'm going to go big here...... The Rhoden family is responsible for some of the other unsolved murders in the area, or maybe are responsible for the death of someone's loved one? On not such a big scale maybe they were printing and passing counterfeit money, but then the secret service would be involved.

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it? A loved one in the eyes of some.

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught? Other than to say their own satisfaction I'd have to pass on this one.

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place? This is just some possibilities.... A family dinner, wedding, or funeral. Demolation Derby.

Baby Shower maybe?

BBM. I've increased my theory of the number of killers to at least 3. I think CR1 and GR put up a fight, given the soft tissue bruising and the blood that was everywhere. Even with guns, I think it took more than two men to subdue them. I'm guessing it was an absolute bloodbath at 4077 for BJM to mention it the way she did. The fighting had to have been noisy, which could have awakened Frankie to come to his father's aid, if he weren't already dead, JMO.

What I can not understand or theorize is how they were able to physically fight if this was pre planned by more than one killer with guns. Why not shoot them immediately before the fight broke out? Has it been confirmed that they fought back? I'm more inclined to think they were beaten, possibly tortured while one of the killers held a gun on them.

This thread is TOS-breaking central right meow. I'm surprised they haven't shut it down, honestly.

View attachment 95161
^^^When the site admins know we're stuck and are running on delusional fumes.

I have a favorite expression when we get to the point where there is little info on a case and we rehash and kick out wilder theories. I call it "jumping the shark". For me, it's the point in the case where I become unglued from the case and catch up on other cases. I come back now and then to catch up and pray desperately to see those magic words. *Arrest* jmo

I have a favorite expression when we get to the point where there is little info on a case and we rehash and kick out wilder theories. I call it "jumping the shark". For me, it's the point in the case where I become unglued from the case and catch up on other cases. I come back now and then to catch up and pray desperately to see those magic words. *Arrest* jmo

Yeah, it's frustrating. Because realistically, any one theory is as good as the next. We have close to zero evidence to go off of. Which means nothing is being hinted towards, and nothing can really be ruled out.
Anyway, I'm going with with the bigfoot theory, and stepping away until I hear news. :D

This thread is TOS-breaking central right meow. I'm surprised they haven't shut it down, honestly.

That's why I'm sticking with big foot, with the cartel, with the candle stick, in the living room, on an ATV, with a muffler silencer.. In camouflage.. While smoking a blunt, which he shared with the dogs.

All of the original posters are mostly gone :(

Has it ever been clarified if the homes were ransacked? Pondering the theory that perps thought the Rhoden family had a valuable stash of money/drugs/other.

That's why I'm sticking with big foot, with the cartel, with the candle stick, in the living room, on an ATV, with a muffler silencer.. In camouflage.. While smoking a blunt, which he shared with the dogs.

I think the rooster was an accomplice. I have a ninja rooster.

This is one of the most fascinating cases I have ever followed. Learning sketchy secrets is nothing new in cases like this, but this one is different for the sheer number of secret goings on. I find out something new almost daily that makes me stop and say "Oh my God!".Everyone in Pike, Adams, Ross, Greenup, and Scioto counties are suspects, at this point.

Well--speaking of secrets. As we contemplate a possible connection to the Newsome murder, it seems to be accepted that she was dealing. Do we have any idea what she was selling? Wondering for a variety of reasons, but mostly looking for kinda of a place in a pecking order. Rhodens have the look of producers/exporters. A single mom with a daughter? Looks to me more likely to be dealing something harder, receiving from some source and trading enough to cover her own habit. At least, I haven't heard she had any production capacity.

Just wondering.

All of the original posters are mostly gone :(

Has it ever been clarified if the homes were ransacked? Pondering the theory that perps thought the Rhoden family had a valuable stash of money/drugs/other.

It's never been hinted one way or the other.

It's still MHO that this wasn't a crime of passion or revenge. Too cold and calculated. The perps stood to materially gain from the murders or protect their existing interests.

Well--speaking of secrets. As we contemplate a possible connection to the Newsome murder, it seems to be accepted that she was dealing. Do we have any idea what she was selling? Wondering for a variety of reasons, but mostly looking for kinda of a place in a pecking order. Rhodens have the look of producers/exporters. A single mom with a daughter? Looks to me more likely to be dealing something harder, receiving from some source and trading enough to cover her own habit. At least, I haven't heard she had any production capacity.

Just wondering.

IIRC, she was dealing pills, OxyContin maybe? Will have to look for source on that.

ETA: Not finding a source on that, may have been speculation earlier or hear say. Still looking. I believe she was involved in drugs however. Again, not positive if that's been confirmed, looking for sources.

I was thinking stun guns for the dogs, and at least three people, one took care of the dogs to get them outside. The other two hit the victims hard before they had a chance to grab weapons.

Could CSR have been a straw buyer on DR's new home? Is that a possible scenario at all here?

Just wondering.

IIRC, she was dealing pills, OxyContin maybe? Will have to look for source on that.

ETA: Not finding a source on that, may have been speculation earlier or hear say. Still looking. I believe she was involved in drugs however. Again, not positive if that's been confirmed, looking for sources.

"After talking to a few people today, they say yes, she was dealing oxycontin, oxycodone," Detective Dan Malone told 13 News.

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...icide-near-minford-may-have-been-drug-related

A detective did confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member