OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't somebody post that they hauled a couple of ATV's away earlier today? All that equipment, maybe their looking for stolen cars/trucks again (like at CRsr's), maybe the "something big" is a car theft ring of some kind. The only thing is those 2 boys don't look like they could have handled that whole family by themselves, JMO. I hope they find everything they need to and put this case to bed finally.
And by the way, wasn't today when we were supposed to hear something about the autopsy reports? I can't remember, my anxiety over this new search for evidence has my head and heart pounding.

Thanks! That's the same barn that's on the Wagner property, home of Jacob Wagner, HR's older daughter's father. Assume he's still living there? Wonder if he was there today?

Didn't somebody post that they hauled a couple of ATV's away earlier today? All that equipment, maybe their looking for stolen cars/trucks again (like at CRsr's), maybe the "something big" is a car theft ring of some kind. The only thing is those 2 boys don't look like they could have handled that whole family by themselves, JMO. I hope they find everything they need to and put this case to bed finally.
And by the way, wasn't today when we were supposed to hear something about the autopsy reports? I can't remember, my anxiety over this new search for evidence has my head and heart pounding.
Early on there was a lot of speculation that maybe the murderer(s) had arrived on ATV's. There was a lot of discussion about various trails or "clearings" that they could of used.

Coincidence?

Yes, it seems likely others were involved, possibly others did the killings. They may have relied on the Wagners to give them the inside information, when everyone would be home, where security cameras were, etc. Remember Reader and DeWine have both said this crime is bigger than the cockfighting, etc.

For now the mystery is the property on State Hwy 41, how they're connected.

Could it just be as simple as HR knew too much about the motor business and they wanted her gone, and took out the others, a) because someone would have been the no 1 suspect, 2) fear of revenge attack or both of those reasons?

I just noticed that the property at 260 was listed as sold on 3/10 for $165k and two other parcels were sold for $35k. I wonder if that sale went through. Down below it shows 04/07 that two parcels are Active, and that one is Contingent (Accept Backup Offers), but, when you click on them it reads Sold. The name has not been changed at the county auditor's office either. I wonder if LE had any hand in slowing down paperwork? Side note, I'm pretty sure the pics of those parcels show the gates that the officers were going through.

Thanks! That's the same barn that's on the Wagner property, home of Jacob Wagner, HR's older daughter's father. Assume he's still living there? Wonder if he was there today?

I am sure it is too. I think the whole family is still living there. I've been browsing property info...

I am sure it is too. I think the whole family is still living there. I've been browsing property info...

I just noticed the Chilli Gazette article today said they could not reach the family that lives there.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-away-scene-rhoden-family-massacre/101600436/

But one official said Friday he thought the Wagners, who could not be reached Friday afternoon, may have recently sold the property. A real estate website indicates the property sold on March 10, 2017 for $165,000.

I'm still baffled at how little national coverage this story received. It was on CNN the day the murder happened and through that weekend... and then nothing. The story vanished from local news as well (I'm in the local news area).

I don't know why exactly. Because the family is poor? Appalachian? Pushed out by politics news? Just so odd.

WLWT says search has suspended for the night, but will resume tomorrow

http://www.wlwt.com/nowcast

Thanks, Betty P., for all the updates! Wow! That's a lot of feet traipsing through a potential crime scene. Hope they know what they're looking for.

I've forgotten (if I ever knew) who all the initials belong to in this case. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere, do you know?
a035.gif

THanks again!

Interesting that!
Poor man, it has had to be a rough year for him.

I'm still baffled at how little national coverage this story received. It was on CNN the day the murder happened and through that weekend... and then nothing. The story vanished from local news as well (I'm in the local news area).

I don't know why exactly. Because the family is poor? Appalachian? Pushed out by politics news? Just so odd.

I travel for work in Indiana and Ohio and listen to the radio while I drive, following news on several different radio and tv stations.. I've followed this closely from the start.

it seems to me that the media, both local and national, was all over this story the day it happened and the next day or two.

When it was announced that marijuana operations were found at the murder sites most media dropped the story like a hot potato. Jeff Ruby announced that he was withdrawing his $25,000 reward.

It seems to me that many people lost interest after the drug involvement and cockfighting was announced.

The bigger stations will come with bells on when arrests are made I suppose. While we do not know yet is what led them there. BCI isn't going to come out on a rumor. Had to be something big to bring them in.

The bigger stations will come with bells on when arrests are made I suppose. While we do not know yet is what led them there. BCI isn't going to come out on a rumor. Had to be something big to bring them in.

I know many of us have been impatiently waiting for something / anything to break in this case...So So happy to see some movement !!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I think you hit the nail on the head, along with the label of "drugs", applied early on. A $25k reward was withdrawn after it was stated that the family had a sophisticated grow op (which we've never seen proof of). Eight people were murdered, two weren't even out of their teens, and the reward amount is $10k.

I think you hit the nail on the head, along with the label of "drugs", applied early on. A $25k reward was withdrawn after it was stated that the family had a sophisticated grow op (which we've never seen proof of). Eight people were murdered, two weren't even out of their teens, and the reward amount is $10k.
speaking of the reward.. didn't LE recently give a formal update (press conference or similar) where they encouraged people to contribute to the reward fund? Anyone know if that has made any impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang