OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the property is not for sale. One son has unlimited motors and their other son is an auctioneer for Wilson Realty. The parents just are supporting both of their boys with their signs in their yard thats all there is to that

I hear about 'poor' Appalachian families all the time, particularly in regard to coal mining families. Where I live coal miners are well off, not poor. Unskilled workers earning up to $150,000, skilled workers up to $200,000 and managers on half a million. I don't understand this.

No the property is not for sale. One son has unlimited motors and their other son is an auctioneer for Wilson Realty. The parents just are supporting both of their boys with their signs in their yard thats all there is to that

Well in the case of the Real Estate Agent that is silly. To advertise a property selling business, you put a SOLD sign on the property, not a for sale sign that stays there forever, indicating that they don't sell quickly.

speaking of the reward.. didn't LE recently give a formal update (press conference or similar) where they encouraged people to contribute to the reward fund? Anyone know if that has made any impact?

As of April 2017 it states that the reward is still at $10k. It's possible that there's another reward fund that I'm unaware of though.

I hear about 'poor' Appalachian families all the time, particularly in regard to coal mining families. Where I live coal miners are well off, not poor. Unskilled workers earning up to $150,000, skilled workers up to $200,000 and managers on half a million. I don't understand this.

I don't know where you live but here there are many coal miners on food stamps, and they are not earning even a third of that. The poverty is severe.

I don't know where you live but here there are many coal miners on food stamps, and they are not earning even a third of that. The poverty is severe.
Coal miners in the US average $90,000 a year. That is good money wherever you live.

Early on there was a lot of speculation that maybe the murderer(s) had arrived on ATV's. There was a lot of discussion about various trails or "clearings" that they could of used.

Coincidence?

Yes there was. It's the first thing I thought of when I read that they took away some four wheelers on the property. Brings me back to the early stages of the investigation.

We were talking about the sheriff staying this was well planned and executed. Would folks who have, say, been in a branch of the military, been able to pull this off? I'm still kinda leaning toward a male and female too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm still baffled at how little national coverage this story received. It was on CNN the day the murder happened and through that weekend... and then nothing. The story vanished from local news as well (I'm in the local news area).

I don't know why exactly. Because the family is poor? Appalachian? Pushed out by politics news? Just so odd.

I think maybe all of the above, plus the fact that most folks have a pretty short attention span when it comes to news stories. Especially those that don't affect them directly.

Add in the fact that there hasn't been a lot of "big news" in this case since the first few days and I can understand why the story sort of faded away.

In reality it's probably more baffling why some of us can't stop following the case. :)

These murders might be like the DC sniper's case. He shot his girlfriend and then went on a shooting spree to make it appear she was randomly killed like his other victims. (Someone who was owed money or child support may have been the target, but the rest of the family was killed to confuse the police.)

This is a very interesting development. But there were 38 warrants executed before according to a recent story.

Is this one more significant? Why media is on the scene?

Thanks to you all who posted links. In particular for the realtor link.

Are we sure though it's the right house?

This is a very interesting development. But there were 38 warrants executed before according to a recent story.

Is this one more significant? Why media is on the scene? Someone tip them?

The amount of police on the scene is significant, that's for sure.
They came prepared. This is a specialized warrant, IMO, I don't know what they are looking for but I doubt all the other 38 warrants looked anything like this one.
I don't think it's unusual for the press to be informed in a high profile case, but media also are known to follow police scanners.

I think it may be significant that two warrants were served simultaneously, that's sometimes done so one perp can't cover for the other.

Dying from black lung too.

I'm still baffled at how little national coverage this story received. It was on CNN the day the murder happened and through that weekend... and then nothing. The story vanished from local news as well (I'm in the local news area).

I don't know why exactly. Because the family is poor? Appalachian? Pushed out by politics news? Just so odd.

I think it got dropped by the news media when the grow operations were mentioned early on.

Thanks to you all who posted links. In particular for the realtor link.

Are we sure though it's the right house?
Jk, see my post, #80, on this thread. It just about has to be the same property if you're meaning the 260 Peterson Rd property. I'm using tapatalk, and can't relink right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think it got dropped by the news media when the grow operations were mentioned early on.

Yes and then Jeff Ruby offered a nice reward and suddenly pulled it back after the drug revelations. He got some threats if I remember correctly. I've also found it odd that the reward is still only $10k. A tiny amount for such a big crime. People don't want to touch or talk about this one (except for us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa