OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

So, are we going to move the info from the timelines, at the front of the threads, onto these templates?

Subiechik21 likes this.

2. MittenScarpetta

MittenScarpetta Well-Known Member

Who wants to take what victim?

I will do Hanna R, if that’s okay.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  3. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

I would like to do HHG if that is okay.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  4. MittenScarpetta

Subiechik21 likes this.
  5. rsd1200

I'll take KR, if that's okay with everyone else, or just assign me to someone. I'd really like to find out more about GR. I'm pretty much retired so I can take him too, if need be.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  6. rsd1200

I wonder if our mailboxes will be brought over okay to the new system? Some folks may be full, mine is almost, so I'm saving it to text, jic.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  7. MittenScarpetta

Self delete-forgot to post with original post quote

Subiechik21 likes this.
  8. MittenScarpetta

Me -HMR profile
    Boots- HHG profile
    RSD- KR profile

We need members for the profiles of:

CR1
    DR
    FR
    CR2
    GR

Subiechik21 likes this.
  9. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

All good points. BTW, if you can find and share a photo of the red truck at the W farm, that would be great. I'm pretty sure we've already posted photos of the truck parked at JM's place. You're also spot on about LE seeming to put up a smoke screen by not releasing any facts about the case. The time, labor and expense they've expended to protect the AR's and lock up the trailers and camper is pretty much unprecedented in murder cases AFAIK.

Agree, someone was using JM and BJM, setting them up to look like the killers. We know why, but we don't exactly know who. W's seem to be involved in that, but I have a feeling there's someone else behind the scenes who helped engineer and carry out that plan. Has there ever been a case of someone doing that before in a murder case in that area? Can we see any patterns or similarities between these murders (and set up of family and acquaintences) and others in the region? Were there other murders/ burglaries/ B&E in the area where someone used some of the same MO's? Whomever killed the Rhodens & HHG, it probably wasn't their first rodeo. JMO, they built up to this. They learned something each time they killed someone.

Feel free to add other murders that have a similar MO or common victim characteristics.

Some common characteristics of previous crimes:

Pre-planning of the murder (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Surveilling victims schedules beforehand (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Breaking and entering homes while victims are asleep (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Familiar with layout of homes and trailers where victims lived (Rhoden, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Gun as the murder weapon (Shotgun was used in Newsom murders)

Victims mostly killed execution style - shot in the head at close range (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Shooting victims while they're asleep or in bed (mostly successful, but sometimes victims awaken and fight back or try to escape) (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Getting to and from the crime scene without anyone noticing (seems to indicate they may park their car some distance away from the crime scene and approach & leave on foot).(Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake)

Familiar with/skilled at navigating homes and outdoor areas in the dark (Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake was early morning 7:10 am)

Willing to kill young teen relatives of target victims (Rhoden, Newsome)

Killer takes evidence from the crime scene (Rhodens, Eapmons)

Some victims had been dealing in oxycontin and/or oxycodone (Lake, Newsome)

Intruders at home several days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Threatening phone calls in days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Letter left at one home before murder (Lake)

Victims had been arrested, worked with law enforcement to lessen sentence (Lake, Newsome, Eapmon)

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/c...ller-takes-evidence-from-the-scene-08-24-2016

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20180205/family-suspects-doctors-plea-deal-led-to-2017-slaying

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/doctor-dies-day-after-home-invasion-in-westerville

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html

https://www.**************/2683325/...-daughter-are-found-shot-to-death-in-trailer/

Subiechik21 likes this.
  10. Betty P

That would be a good place to get some of this information. Thanks!

Subiechik21 likes this.
  11. Betty P

Great reminder of that post. In some ways his profile could fit someone in law enforcement, though he may not have realized it.

Slightly related, here's an article about how contract killers can look like serial killers, but are very different

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...professional-assassins-are-not-serial-killers

Subiechik21 likes this.
  12. Chelly

Chelly SW New Mexico

IMO, LE had no interested at all in that red truck. Forget the red truck. Targeting that truck with GPS was a ploy to investigate JM.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  13. rsd1200

I think the media got kinda creative in some situations. They also knew that they could get a soundbite out of LM and went after him, some didn't care whether it would be to the detriment of his family, or the case, or not.

The suggestion that the family may be in danger, I think, was, at the beginning, directed more toward R family members. Also, I think that the assailant(s) knew that BJM would be there early to work, and the assailant(s) didn't know about the hidden key. They'd hoped that she'd find the doors locked, see no one through the window, and go on about her business. It would give them a bit of extra time before the bodies were found.

GR hung out with CR1. CR1? I've no clue what his schedule was at BBL, but, I'd heard that he and GR were supposed to go get vehicles the next day. So, BBL would likely have known he wasn't coming in to work.

DR worked a double, and was texting at 2:00 a.m. so wasn't likely going in early that morning.

HMR wasn't working or going to school, at the time.

CR2 would have been counted as absent. No one to pick up the phone if they called. They'd call back later.

HHG was a stay-at-home mother, and FR's workplace at the mill, may or may not have called, but if they did, who would answer?

KR was supposed to go work on vehicles with DS. So, KR's place of business wasn't expecting him in to work. Odd that he'd take off from a new job to go work on vehicles though. DS seems to be the only one who knew that, and, didn't seem to speak up til after he was asked to go to KR's place, and, with a family member he brought along, found KR deceased...

Subiechik21 likes this.
  14. rsd1200

There's one that has stuck with me from early on, and that's the Brown County, Ohio murder. The man's gf actually came forward, at one point, and told investigators that her bf, is a hired hitman, and she saw him kill the Stykes girl. He used a blue light on her. He was out of prison at the time of the Rhoden/Gilley murders, too.

http://www.fox19.com/story/30119225...-in-brittany-stykes-murder?clienttype=generic

Subiechik21 likes this.
  15. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Subiechik21 likes this.
  16. Betty P

I'll start with FR and CR2, then maybe tackle the big guys after. Any volunteers for those? Maybe we could make CR1, GR and KR a team project.

Also, feel free to add photos, maps, etc. that may be of help.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  17. amauet1

amauet1 Active Member

I would guess because it had been transferred to another owner after the murders and evidence in or out would not be any good to them in a court of law, without a witness to were the truck had been, and with whom. They would have to have a documented report of that truck, every minute after it left the crime scenes, if it was there.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  18. amauet1

amauet1 Active Member

I'm only guessing here, but some of the evidence had to go to labs and took some time to get results. IMO friends and family are protecting the murders. There are locals that either know everything that happened, or by this time have enough "clues" to have some idea of who did this. The Wagner's were not on the radar of LE/BCI in the beginning, or had a very good lawyer who kept them out of the media/public. If they did have W's on radar, you would think they would be watching they closely. But apparently they didn't because they left town. I think "someone" let the authorities know that the W's were leaving, someone who wants to stay close to them for the children's sake? I also agree with your post Betty, yes I believe they "set" JM up, but why? I think they needed more info that they thought he had. They have believed the Manley's didn't tell them the truth from the beginning, or wouldn't have kept bringing them in for questioning.
    What were they trying to get from JM? And did they get it?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  19. MittenScarpetta

He did not. I just checked again today. Sometimes the tone of a post gets lost when we type things so the best way I can describe my fascination is it’s a fascination that I’ve never known what to think. Does that make sense?

Subiechik21 likes this.
  20. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

All of this story from DS has never seemed right. No one seems to know KR was taking the day off from his regular job to work on cars except DS. Even his daughter who talked to him regularly thought he was at work. DS bringing someone with him that afternoon could make a great excuse and witness as to why his fresh finger prints and DNA was there. I truly believe he was there earlier and came back. Maybe he helped himself to some things he knew no one would miss. I don't know if it was the night before or that morning, but I think he knew KR was dead when they pulled in to check on him. After he knows KR is murdered, he takes the time to wonder around the property before calling 911? He had no concern that the murder(s) could still be there? Did he know they were not?
    I've wondered from early on that KR's death was a separate crime from the other seven.

As far as motives go, could CR1 have borrowed money from a shady lender and used it to buy DR's home instead of what he was supposed to use it for?

Subiechik21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.