OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The indictments, though, show the forgery occured a couple of weeks before the murders. I wonder if JW lied or somehow falsified his custody applications? Perhaps the others in the family submitted some sort of affidavit or character reference to verify false information. Perhaps he stated he wasn't involved in criminal activity, etc., though LE found out he was part of the planning of the murders. Not sure what to think on that but some day we may find out.
Remember when Dana got a phone call at work the night of the murders, and she was upset?
I wonder if JW turned up to pick up S on that night that he was not scheduled to have her, with a forged document so that there would not be fuss about taking her?
He couldn't afford to have Hanna call the police on him for that, on that night.
I have thought about that a few times but you would think that they would destroy it, unless a copy was found in the trailer.

Pike County murders: Alaska pastor says Ohio family of interest attended church Sunday

“Jake Wagner and Angela Wagner told the Cincinnati Enquirer this month they were not involved in the killings.

“Please let’s concentrate on finding the real monsters who did this,” Jake Wagner said in a combined email from him and his mother, the newspaper reported June 8.

“What has happened to us in the last few weeks has been devastating and will follow us for the rest of our lives,” Angela Wagner wrote in an email to the Enquirer. “Hanna was loved by all of us. She was like a daughter to me then and now.”

Angela was right! It will follow them for the rest of their lives.

Note the use of "us". It's how it's affected them.

Who besides me would like to wipe that smirk off Rita Jo Newcombs face? I hope they give her the max with no probation. See if she smiles then.

Yes, that looks bad. She won't get a lot of time in jail, JMO. She's only charged with falsifying the custody documents. According to the charges, it doesn't appear at this time that she knew of the murders in advance, nor tried to obstruct justice or interfere with the investigation. Fredericka, OTOH, is accused of lying to the Grand Jury and hindering the investigation.

Remember when Dana got a phone call at work the night of the murders, and she was upset?
I wonder if JW turned up to pick up S on that night that he was not scheduled to have her, with a forged document so that there would not be fuss about taking her?
He couldn't afford to have Hanna call the police on him for that, on that night.
I have thought about that a few times but you would think that they would destroy it, unless a copy was found in the trailer.

That's a good theory. Very possible.

Pike County: Wagner family arrested in the Rhoden family massacre

While the trial is planned to be held in Pike County Common Pleas Court, Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk did acknowledge the possibility of a defense attorney asking a judge to move the trial out of the county due to the publicity of the case.

Further complicating and delaying the case is the complexity of it being a capital punishment case, meaning the defense attorneys would need a special qualification to represent the Wagners.

There wasn't a schedule for arraignment for the family Tuesday evening, however each person charged was in custody at various jails in Ohio and Kentucky.

The Wagners are also facing a series of additional charges including: conspiracy, engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity, tampering with evidence, unlawful possession of a dangerous ordinance, forgery, unauthorized use of property, interception of wire, oral, or electronic communications, obstructing justice, and aggravated burglary.

I know a lot of you had this one figured out but I am shocked. Four family members became so angry over the control of a child/grandchild that they plot and meticulously plan to murder their “friends”? Surveillance, social media hacking, gun silencer assembly, shoe purchasing, etc.—I didn’t think they were smart enough to have these conversations! I am stunned but thrilled that they are now going to have to start facing what they have done.

Now that they have all been separated, which one will break down, start talking, or try to initiate a plea deal?

BBM
That's what I don't understand. Is there something that I've missed? I've not gotten far in the indictments, but there has to be more, b/c he got awarded custody. Other family members could have applied. If only HMR disappeared, it would seem he'd still gain custody.

A 16 y.o. child would not, nor could not, go for custody. HHG and FR might seek custody, but they had their plates full. GR, a suspected addict/recovering addict, and 2nd cousin, would very likely not seek custody. Uncle KR would not have likely sought custody.

I could see JM and AM seeking custody, or KR2, or BJM might would have, or LM and Jdy, but the others just don't make sense except for HMR's parents, and CR2 b/c he was there, I guess. I think that there was a hatred that had built up there between old friends and former business partners.

I did read something. on the former thread, where someone said it had been planned for eight months! That would have been around the end of August, 2015. That is around the time that she cut ties w/JW, for good, and conceived K. Soooo... there's that, too.

I think, after the death/disappearance of a mother, the father just automatically has custody of a child, unless child welfare determines he's unfit. And in that case, it would likely be awarded to his parents, so he could still be involved with her through them.

CRSr and DR couldn't file for custody in the event of Hanna's death, IMO, although they could sue for visitation rights. What Visitation Rights Do Grandparents Have in Ohio? That might have been problematic in relocating to Alaska. But were the Wagner's so legally savvy? Or were they just full of hatred?

Locally many say the killings were also about inheritance. So would sw stand to inherit it all if everyone else was dead? I hate to keep repeating; but keep in mind JW thought the 5 day old was his too. I don’t know but this is what many Ohioans thought. Of course there is also the other child. My heart breaks for these babies

I'd not be surprised if it was about that too b/c , honestly, I did not think the four of them could make it on their own, in AK, based on what I'd researched in Ohio (seems they couldn't), so, it lead me to think that they just couldn't pull something off like this by themselves. GW4's ex is probably breathing a sigh of relief tonight too. That weird stuff that happened after her visit, with her son, makes me think that was a setup to get her distracted while they trotted off with her son, too.

SW really didn't stand to inherit much from the Rhodens other than some property, trailers, outbuildings and broken down cars and trucks. W's already stood to inherit a LOT of real estate from Fredericka. Crazy they would put all that at risk.

Over the years I have found that those that have a lot want more. Especially land. Also none of us knows if there was cash either in the trailers or in a bank. But I suspect it was t in a bank

I think, after the death/disappearance of a mother, the father just automatically has custody of a child, unless child welfare determines he's unfit. And in that case, it would likely be awarded to his parents, so he could still be involved with her through them.

CRSr and DR couldn't file for custody in the event of Hanna's death, IMO, although they could sue for visitation rights. What Visitation Rights Do Grandparents Have in Ohio? That might have been problematic in relocating to Alaska. But were the Wagner's so legally savvy? Or were they just full of hatred?

I think it was hatred toward those particular Rs with the bonus of getting S. Doing what they have done to S, is not love of a child, it is wanting control, and selfishness.

To be very honest, I really hoped it wasn't the Wagners. I knew what that would mean for little S. It makes me sick to think of what they have done to her. So damn selfish of them...
Not just her. They left FR and HG's child without a living parent and took HR's other child without a mother and two grandparents.

To be very honest, I really hoped it wasn't the Wagners. I knew what that would mean for little S. It makes me sick to think of what they have done to her... So damn selfish of them...

They were on my radar, but, like you Dudly, I was so hoping it wasn't them. For S, and little BW, too. I hope he can go back to his Mommy.

Many people move to Alaska to hide, to start over, to disappear. But they can still be found if LE wants to find them. And the W’s whereabouts were plastered in news articles and there own social media

The W family had to know that they would all be facing life in prison or the death penalty if caught. Even if they smugly thought they had gotten away with it I would think there had to be at least a tiny percent chance in at least one person’s mind that they could someday be caught.

The two grandmothers- didn’t they nervously scan the news sites every day? Read the newspapers? Keep their ears open to local gossip? Or were they convinced too that the crime was so well planned and flawlessly carried out that the thought of it being solved was zero?

SMH ever since I first heard the breaking news today. SMH, SMH.

It just seems so personal after following this case and hoping for justice for 2 1/2 long years. The absolute senseless murders of 8 people.

Last edited:
My guess is she will bail out first. And/or they will use the 2 grandmas to get the others to talk/negotiate. She’s a tough old bird. I find it so odd that the horse groups are saying nothing. These are usually the most gossipy group you would ever know. But I think many are too scared to talk about it. I will say I made a FB post and my husband has hinted I should take it down.
She has a spouse, presumably Billy's father? Must be hard on him.

I think most people feel Facebook isn't private enough for gossip. Your posts live on, but you're not anonymous like here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get