OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they were upthread in the link to the prison where they're held.

I always have sympathy for mothers (and fathers) who realize their adult child has committed murder. It's almost biologically impossible for them to turn them in, much less testify against them in court, and in many cases police don't really expect it from them. I'm not sure I recall any cases where it's happened, although sometimes they've persuaded their son/daughter to turn themselves in, or agreed to the decision by a brother to do it.

I have a son whom I love dearly and two grown grandsons. I also have great grandchildren. But if my son, daughter-in-law and two grandsons went door to door killing an entire family and I found out about it, I would run, not walk, to the police station. If they are capable of doing something like that I would want them off the street pronto. Because if left in the general public who else might they kill to get what they want or because they got angry over some imagined slight. I would consider it my duty as a mother to make sure my son and grandsons did not harm anyone else.

So in my opinion Fredricka and Rita should have told what they knew rather than putting anyone else at risk from her demented son, DIL and grandsons. I hope they give them both the max.

JMO

ETA
Also in my opinion this may not have been their first rodeo. It's hard to believe a first time killer would have had the nerve to go to multiple sites killing everyone they saw. I have a feeling that one of the four was experienced or at least was involved in some way in another murder. You just don't slaughter people up close and personal your first time out. Keep in mind these victim were shot at close range. That means the killers were virtually looking into their eyes as they killed them.

Last edited:
Yes, they were upthread in the link to the prison where they're held.

I always have sympathy for mothers (and fathers) who realize their adult child has committed murder. It's almost biologically impossible for them to turn them in, much less testify against them in court, and in many cases police don't really expect it from them. I'm not sure I recall any cases where it's happened, although sometimes they've persuaded their son/daughter to turn themselves in, or agreed to the decision by a brother to do it.

BBM: Agreed, Satchie.

To me, though, there's a huge difference b/t parents aiding and abetting vs. not turning their kids in or testifying against them. IMO, the "grandmothers" were arrested and charged b/c they actively participated or were complicit in at least some of the crimes somehow, either before, during or after the murders, so I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Not. one. shred. IMO, these aren't sweet, harmless ol' grannies. JMO.

Remember when Dana got a phone call at work the night of the murders, and she was upset?
I wonder if JW turned up to pick up S on that night that he was not scheduled to have her, with a forged document so that there would not be fuss about taking her?
He couldn't afford to have Hanna call the police on him for that, on that night.
I have thought about that a few times but you would think that they would destroy it, unless a copy was found in the trailer.
Possibly. I have been thinking the forged document was advance scheming to get S across the border into Canada when they made their escape. We don't know for sure at present.

She has a spouse, presumably Billy's father? Must be hard on him.

I think most people feel Facebook isn't private enough for gossip. Your posts live on, but you're not anonymous like here.

I was told her husband passed away a couple years ago.

I think they are all quiet too as she has another son in the horse world that is not part of these murders. He’s a pretty big name in the pony world

Yet they didn’t harm a single dog. Even criminals have priorities.

(I am an animal lover and appreciate that the dogs were not harmed, but it is crazy to think the same people who didn’t harm any animals ruthlessly slaughtered 8 people)

I am an animal lover too. I think that they had hatred for the humans, and the animals were seen as innocents, kinda like the babies, in all of this.

I read these some time ago, and it shows that FW was one who was used to getting what she wanted, and had the $$ to do so, and she loved animals, a lot. She talks about the barn fire, and when she speaks of the deaths of her minis, and that, in particular, of the little stallion, at the end, she says;

Sadly, I wish I could say Blue lived to be 30 and went peacefully to sleep in the pasture, but that is not the case. “The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, Blessed be the Name of the Lord.” Amen

http://www.amha.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/flyingw_febmar2007.pdf

'Then the barn just blew up. He just dove out. We almost lost him in that fire. (son, RW) I'm thankful that he's not dead,' she said, adding he was not injured seriously. 'You know ... a mother's nightmare is that someone might call in the middle of the night and say their kids have been hurt,' she said. 'But a horseman's nightmare is fire.'
Fire destroys family's top show horses

Poor BJM also. So many people had suspected that she had something to do with it.

Yes, it was obvious to me that she was very traumatized that morning in the 911 call. No one knows how they would react or what they will say when encountering such a horrible situation. JMO, it took tremendous courage for her to go into FR's trailer and get those children out, getting the baby from the parents' bed all covered in blood. She had no way of knowing the killers weren't still somewhere around. Poor woman has been scarred for life. Not sure how she kept enough of her wits about her to call 911, describe the events, get the address, etc. I would have passed out from shock had I walked in on all that.

Then to have to face all the accusations from LE, in spite of cooperating with them. Pulling her out of bed in the middle of the night to be interrogated, taking polygraph tests, etc., while still being accused of the murders by LE and the public.

I don't think it was for love of the children. I think it was about control and they felt entitled.

Seems like there's something they needed to hide possibly. Maybe Hanna could prove she was the better parent? A deep secret only known by the W's possibly and Hanna? Take all of your family and hide away in Alaska to keep the family lineage? Just catching up. Couldn't post earlier on a long flight. Playing catch up so forgive my suspicions. It just seems too extreme for a family to do but guess it's not unusual for a family hating one and wanting their child/grandchild away from the other?

Yes, it was obvious to me that she was very traumatized that morning in the 911 call. No one knows how they would react or what they will say when encountering such a horrible situation. JMO, it took tremendous courage for her to go into FR's trailer and get those children out, getting the baby from the parents' bed all covered in blood. She had no way of knowing the killers weren't still somewhere around. Poor woman has been scarred for life. Not sure how she kept enough of her wits about her to call 911, describe the events, get the address, etc. I would have passed out from shock had I walked in on all that.

Then to have to face all the accusations from LE, in spite of cooperating with them. Pulling her out of bed in the middle of the night to be interrogated, taking polygraph tests, etc., while still being accused of the murders by LE and the public.
Yes, all of this and her father and brother described her as being childlike, a little different, but she stepped up to the plate and acted like a level headed adult when it mattered .
I have great admiration for her.

Lol! They sound like some kind of wannabe royal family!

I thought that all along because it was just weird that both sons had custody of their children in order to move to AK. Something is weird with them unless they felt like royalty and acted horribly upon it. That's an extremely strong sense of entitlement to me but I'm not them. Because of my own feelings that it's not right, I think there could possibly be something deeper.

Seems like there's something they needed to hide possibly. Maybe Hanna could prove she was the better parent? A deep secret only known by the W's possibly and Hanna? Take all of your family and hide away in Alaska to keep the family lineage? Just catching up. Couldn't post earlier on a long flight. Playing catch up so forgive my suspicions. It just seems too extreme for a family to do but guess it's not unusual for a family hating one and wanting their child/grandchild away from the other?

There is a FW who owns property in AK. Now whether they are related to the FW who was just arrested, or the same person, Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley