GUILTY OH - Reagan Tokes, 21, OSU student, fatally shot, Columbus, 8 Feb 2017

It definitely sounds random to me. Im new to websleuths.com but have been web sleuthing for a while now lol glad to see everyone banding together to help others!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

It definitely sounds random to me. Im new to websleuths.com but have been web sleuthing for a while now lol glad to see everyone banding together to help others!

Welcome to Websleuths autumnsantomauro

Such a terribly sad situation. One that will only be made worse because this is most likely a stranger on stranger crime. Hopefully LE can find surveillance footage from other nearby businesses and have some forensic evidence to quickly help them solve this crime. There will be a lot of public pressure to get it right and get it solved quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so sad! :( let's hope they have some leads already for a quick arrest.

my guess is that this isn't the first time for the perp. Hoping he left some identifying evidence.

I'm just not convinced it was random. The coworkers stating that on this night she was not walked to her car (as usual) by the bartender is very concerning to me. Can any locals weigh in on this area, would there be a lot of traffic on a Wed. night around 10:00 p.m.? I'm left wondering if it's standard procedure to walk the girls out or if RT had another reason to be concerned for her safety. There was a tweet in November in which she mentioned a girl wanting to fight her and an officer was present. It was a Saturday night and could have just been a random encounter while out with her friends.

Also for the locals, are there any cameras at the park where she was found?

Reagan’s co-workers at Bodega, the restaurant she was last seen leaving, told Columbus police that a bartender usually walks her to her car after a shift, but that she left alone on Wednesday night.
Reagan’s sister, Makenzie, told The Tab, “The cameras show her get close to her car but they don’t know if she was able to get in it.”

http://thetab.com/us/ohio-state/201...n-tokes-reported-missing-late-last-night-7954

I'm just not convinced it was random. The coworkers stating that on this night she was not walked to her car (as usual) by the bartender is very concerning to me. Can any locals weigh in on this area, would there be a lot of traffic on a Wed. night around 10:00 p.m.? I'm left wondering if it's standard procedure to walk the girls out or if RT had another reason to be concerned for her safety. There was a tweet in November in which she mentioned a girl wanting to fight her and an officer was present. It was a Saturday night and could have just been a random encounter while out with her friends.

Also for the locals, are there any cameras at the park where she was found?

http://thetab.com/us/ohio-state/201...n-tokes-reported-missing-late-last-night-7954[/SIZE][/FONT]

That section of North High Street is probably the city's best known area for nightlight. It's also generally pretty safe. The area is frequently patrolled by Columbus Police as well as the Ohio Highway Patrol. Based on my 50+ hours of scanner listening a week, it is among the least likely places in the city for violent crime.

That area of North High (known as the Short North) is packed with high end businesses, restaurants and bars. Police should be able to easily track down security camera video of her movements.

Tokes was training to be a bartender on Wednesday night. I would imagine she wasn't walked to her car because she was getting out of work at 9:45 p.m. All the businesses around her were still open, so I think it is unlikely they would have worried about her making it to her car safely.

To drive home the point about how safe the area usually is from violent crime, of the 200+ homicides in Columbus over the last two years, none of them took place in the Short North.

In 2017, the majority of the city's homicides have occurred in West Columbus. It's very rare that we have a homicide that's unrelated to drugs, prostitution or a domestic situation.

That section of North High Street is probably the city's best known area for nightlight. It's also generally pretty safe. The area is frequently patrolled by Columbus Police as well as the Ohio Highway Patrol. Based on my 50+ hours of scanner listening a week, it is among the least likely places in the city for violent crime.

That area of North High (known as the Short North) is packed with high end businesses, restaurants and bars. Police should be able to easily track down security camera video of her movements.

Tokes was training to be a bartender on Wednesday night. I would imagine she wasn't walked to her car because she was getting out of work at 9:45 p.m. All the businesses around her were still open, so I think it is unlikely they would have worried about her making it to her car safely.

To drive home the point about how safe the area usually is from violent crime, of the 200+ homicides in Columbus over the last two years, none of them took place in the Short North.

In 2017, the majority of the city's homicides have occurred in West Columbus. It's very rare that we have a homicide that's unrelated to drugs, prostitution or a domestic situation.

There have been a few disappearances of college age people from the Short North and south campus area, though, with at least one person still missing. This isn't historically the safest area of the city. The Short North Posse was recently in the news and there have been very recent violent assaults on gay men by groups of other men. Too many home invasions around there to count.

There have been a few disappearances of college age people from the Short North and south campus area, though, with at least one person still missing. This isn't historically the safest area of the city. The Short North Posse was recently in the news and there have been very recent violent assaults on gay men by groups of other men. Too many home invasions around there to count.

You are absolutely correct. Historically, the Short North was not a very safe area. However the Short North Posse was rounded up 10 years ago. The last of the members was recently convicted on various charges, but they haven't been a problem for a pretty long time. Since they went away, the Short North has been redeveloped at a fast pace. There are more police eyes on that stretch of N. High Street than anywhere else in the city.

From what I understand, there are consider questions about the recent attack you referenced on the gay men by a group of 8 others. I'm keeping an eye on it.

There have been home invasions north of this area (Clintonville), and a man and woman were recently indicted for 10-15 of them that took place between October and December. They were in Clintonville. There are always burglaries in the blocks to the east and west of N. High Street, but they are rarely violent crimes and more often than not occur when the tenant isn't home.

The stretch of N. High Street where the Bodega is located is probably the last place in town I would expect a woman to be abducted and murdered.

I disagree that the Short North is a safe area. We had guns pulled on us 5 years ago and it is also the area where Joey Labute disappeared from. It was also stated before Joey disappeared that a girl had been raped in an alley there. It hasn't been 10 years since the Posse was rounded up. "In July 2014, prosecutors announced Operation Get Shorty. The sting targeted 17 suspects who prosecutors call the gang's 'muscle'; enforcers who killed, robbed, and threatened their way into money."
http://www.10tv.com/article/two-short-north-posse-members-plead-guilty-gang-related-charges

I disagree that the Short North is a safe area. We had guns pulled on us 5 years ago and it is also the area where Joey Labute disappeared from. It was also stated before Joey disappeared that a girl had been raped in an alley there. It hasn't been 10 years since the Posse was rounded up. "In July 2014, prosecutors announced Operation Get Shorty. The sting targeted 17 suspects who prosecutors call the gang's 'muscle'; enforcers who killed, robbed, and threatened their way into money."
http://www.10tv.com/article/two-short-north-posse-members-plead-guilty-gang-related-charges

Agree.

Joey LaBute, Jr., went missing in March 2016 from the Union Cafe (in the Short North), was found weeks later murdered and dumped in the Scioto River.

OSU med student, Brian Shaffer still missing from the Ugly Tuna Saloona (in the Short North), since March 2006.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back