Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this pic is allowed. I m 4 days new here. I was out & about this evening, and went past the abduction site (5 miles from here). There is a corn field on each side of the road, and not far after the abduction site is her moms house (sits pretty far back off the road). I can see how that would be a good place to kidnap someone (Not that anyplace should be a good place to kidnap someone).
2158ae8563a61e7e7558840f60c2caee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We drove down Rd. 6 on Saturday .... the pink flowers caught my eye, but otherwise I don't think I would have realized this was where she was taken. It really upset me at the time. I was surprised that the roads were all paved, one side of the road was fields of crops, the other seemed more open. So close, yet so far from safety, sweet Sierah.

Does anyone know where he was incarcerated at during the prison years? Could be possible that traveling for visits for his family created a hardship. Maybe stepfather was ill and needed constant care, no vehicle, mother afraid to drive that far, etc. There could be many reasons that he did not have visitors. Almost all of the prisons are mid -southern Ohio, and back then the system did not try to put them near family such as now. They may have stayed in contact through letters and phone calls. Just trying to think rationally about the family dynamics.

I think crsr can answer that.

I thought I answered this before but possibly not. I will have to double check tomorrow but when an inmate is initially sent to prison from this part of the state, they go to Correction Reception Center (CRC) in Orient Ohio for something like 30 days or so. This is where their processing is completed and a security review is conducted to determine what security level the inmate should be, therefore which parent institution they will be sent to (Parent Institution is the prison where the inmate will ultimately be assigned). I recall JDW being sent to, what was then known as North Central Correctional Institution (NCCI) but it has since been privatized and I believe it goes by NCCC now. Anyway, that is a level 1 and level 2 institution (the lowest levels with the most privileges) and it is located in Marion Ohio. It takes anywhere between an hour and 10 minutes to an hour and a half to get there. It is an extremely easy drive straight down 23. I would venture to say lack of transportation was not the reason he did not receive any visitors. I will double check and make sure he wasn't sent to any other institutions during any other periods of his incarceration.

When taking JDW's income into consideration (buying and selling of drugs; illegal activity), all statements JDW has made since the age of 14 in relation to his finances must be treated as unreliable. Without the financial history of the family, this also relates to any assets stated by JDW as having been purchased by any other member of the family during that period.

Anything JDW says under oath, or in a written form cannot be relied on as being factual. IMO

I figured he was in Marion Prison also. That's where most went back then. Some to Mansfield (Which was the prison in the Shawshank Redemption) I don't remember when Mansfield was shut down. Toledo has their own prison now.

Actually the Mansfield prison wasn't shut down. It is up and running to this day. That was actually where they housed death row before some of the death row inmates made a pretty good escape a few years back. After that, they moved Death Row to OSP (Ohio State Penitentiary). That's only where they house the death row inmates. They transport them to Lucasville (Southern Ohio Correctional Facility) about a week before they are put to death and they are executed in Lucasville. I was always told it was difficult for the officers who are there for the inmates day in and day out to then have to take part in their executions (which is why they transfer them to Lucasville for that). I feel like that makes sense. These guys already messed up enough lives. The Old Reformatory that was actually where Shawshank was filmed is very close to the current Mansfield prison and even closer to the current Richland Correctional Institution. The Reformatory is currently open nearly year round for ghost hunts. I believe they close the ghost hunts from September to November due to the haunted house they put on (which I hear is AMAZING). Here is more info:
https://www.mrps.org/explore/ghost-events/private-ghost-hunts

Also, for anyone who is curious as to what Ohio's Death row is actually like, there is a really good interview that came out this week on the Sword and Scale Podcast. I honestly believe anyone who is pro death penalty should listen to this before completely making up their mind. I have been on Death Row before. I have seen it with my own eyes. Death Row doesn't even have a security level.(Please let me know if you need more explanation there). This podcast tells the stories of the unbelievable perks these people get while on death row. Although most of the inmates do not want to die, they live almost like kings while they are being housed on Death Row. They are the only inmates in the entire prison system who get to choose to have their cell near their friends. Also, if, for some reason, the governor commutes their sentence to life, that in itself is one scary process. These guys were living the high life on Death Row for 20 years or so and then one day they get on a bus and are just released into general population. Sometimes there is no warning to the prison staff. It is not until his files are unloaded and someone comes across his execution certificate when staff realizes he was on death row yesterday. I could go on and on about this and should probably stop but I definitely encourage the family to listen to this podcast. It is only an hour long and I can tell you right now what my initial thought would be if something happened to my child but I would, at the very least, like to make this decision as informed as I can be. Sorry for the rant :)

<mods> I have not placed that link as an advertisement, just to explain the status of the prison at this time. If you feel it is inappropriate please feel free to remove it. Thank you.

The abduction site is South of her home. She was going east on T, and turned North on 6. She was abducted before getting to her driveway.

Just to bring forward..

Ce's mom and grandma live next door to each other on 6. Grandma's house is closest to 120 intersection. Ce had passed her mom's house and was almost to grandma's driveway when the abduction happened.
She traveled up S..not T and then turned N onto CR 6

I don't know if it was confirmed in the media but I know that a jogger passed her on S.

Actually the Mansfield prison wasn't shut down. It is up and running to this day. That was actually where they housed death row before some of the death row inmates made a pretty good escape a few years back. After that, they moved Death Row to OSP (Ohio State Penitentiary). That's only where they house the death row inmates. They transport them to Lucasville (Southern Ohio Correctional Facility) about a week before they are put to death and they are executed in Lucasville. I was always told it was difficult for the officers who are there for the inmates day in and day out to then have to take part in their executions (which is why they transfer them to Lucasville for that). I feel like that makes sense. These guys already messed up enough lives. The Old Reformatory that was actually where Shawshank was filmed is very close to the current Mansfield prison and even closer to the current Richland Correctional Institution. The Reformatory is currently open nearly year round for ghost hunts. I believe they close the ghost hunts from September to November due to the haunted house they put on (which I hear is AMAZING). Here is more info:
https://www.mrps.org/explore/ghost-events/private-ghost-hunts

Also, for anyone who is curious as to what Ohio's Death row is actually like, there is a really good interview that came out this week on the Sword and Scale Podcast. I honestly believe anyone who is pro death penalty should listen to this before completely making up their mind. I have been on Death Row before. I have seen it with my own eyes. Death Row doesn't even have a security level.(Please let me know if you need more explanation there). This podcast tells the stories of the unbelievable perks these people get while on death row. Although most of the inmates do not want to die, they live almost like kings while they are being housed on Death Row. They are the only inmates in the entire prison system who get to choose to have their cell near their friends. Also, if, for some reason, the governor commutes their sentence to life, that in itself is one scary process. These guys were living the high life on Death Row for 20 years or so and then one day they get on a bus and are just released into general population. Sometimes there is no warning to the prison staff. It is not until his files are unloaded and someone comes across his execution certificate when staff realizes he was on death row yesterday. I could go on and on about this and should probably stop but I definitely encourage the family to listen to this podcast. It is only an hour long and I can tell you right now what my initial thought would be if something happened to my child but I would, at the very least, like to make this decision as informed as I can be. Sorry for the rant :)

<mods> I have not placed that link as an advertisement, just to explain the status of the prison at this time. If you feel it is inappropriate please feel free to remove it. Thank you.

I am definitely going to watch that podcast that you suggest. I am very ignorant about the prisons up and running then. So Mansfield Prison and the "Reformatory" are 2 different locations? It is the Reformatory that was closed? How far apart are they from each other? Good info crsr!

What is the likelihood that he'll just toss in the towel, admit his guilt, and waive both a grand jury and a trial? Given how much evidence LE has against him, don't you think his attorney has advised him that a guilty plea is in his best interest? Would there still be a trial, for sentencing purposes?

Actually for the most part, when the state makes it a capital offense, that is when the defendant starts talking to LE. They could make deals like "If you tell us how many victims and where they are located, we will take the death penalty off the table", his attorney SHOULD strongly suggest he cooperate. It doesn't appear from what we know that he has any sort of defense or any chance of winning should he go to trial. My guess is there will never be a trail. With that being said, he could prove me wrong because like CLZ496 said, He's too into himself and lies.

She was going East on T, turned North (left) on 6, she wasn't even to her moms house yet when she was abducted. Are you her Aunt?
735713b559275058fa79b1ac20ab09f5.jpg

As stated before..I think the press erroneously stated she was coming up T. She was not. She came up S and then turned N onto CR 6. We only know this as a jogger, who did come forward, placed her on S. She was past her moms house (which does sit way back) and coming up on Nonnies place (which does NOT sit far back ) Ce stayed with Nonnie. This is what I recall when there but I could be wrong. I know that she was really not that far from Grandma's DW when the abduction happened but I really do think it was B/T the 2 houses. If you pulled out of Grandma's nose first..you turn R and then abduction site is on the Right...when they had the abduction site marked...across the street they had 3 orange cones set up at the beginning of the corn. We now know that is where they found his helmet. It's weird how as time goes by all this stuff gets all mixed up in your head!

Isn't the abduction site where the pink flower is & the solar power cross? I went by there tonight. You could see corn knocked down behind the cross. This is before her moms house, not after.

Going back to the timeline to factor in the fact that the helicopter was circling until Wednesday morning.

Does that mean that he waited until Wednesday night to bury her? She was in a shallow grave close to the road - is that because family, friends, and police were searching the area and he was rushed?

Tuesday July 19

• 6:30-6:45PM Sierah last seen by boyfriend (she is 3-4 miles from home)
  • 7-7:15PM abducted?
  • 6:30-800 Police ask for witnesses to motorcyclist with open face helmet near bicycle location
  • Worley cell phone pings for 2 hours near bicycle location
  • 9:05PM Sunset
  • 10PM boyfriend unable to reach Sierah
  • 11-11:30PM Sierah reported missing by parents
  • helicopter search of surrounding area

Wednesday July 20

• 12:03AM Sierah bike located
  • helicopter search ends
  • 9:30AM Cornfield scene

Thursday July 21

• 5:37pm swabbed for DNA (in custody)
  • 7:03PM Barn search
  • 8PM 1st warrant time

Friday July 22

• 3AM Arrest
  • 6PM Sierah body found

Perhaps the helicopter search should be placed after her bicycle was found?

After the sheriff’s office found the bike early Wednesday morning, it contacted the state for help. Using a helicopter with infrared vision, officials searched the area before contacting the FBI and other agencies at daylight that day.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

I am definitely going to watch that podcast that you suggest. I am very ignorant about the prisons up and running then. So Mansfield Prison and the "Reformatory" are 2 different locations? It is the Reformatory that was closed? How far apart are they from each other? Good info crsr!

Yes they are two different prisons. Mansfield Correctional Institution is up and running and is about 5 minutes away from the Reformatory. The Reformatory was known as the Mansfield Reformatory but for some reason now goes by the Ohio State Reformatory. You are correct in that Shawshank was filmed there:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt
Even then, Shawshank credited the Mansfield Reformatory. The episode regarding Ohio's Death Row can be played from their website too. It is episode 72 but I will provide you with the link. It really is quite informative and like I said, I certainly would never try to change anyone's mind about the death penalty. I would just want to be sure they made an informed decision:
http://swordandscale.com/sword-and-scale-episode-72/

***Edit*** The first 10 minutes or so deal only with the Rodney Reed case. Although I am a supporter of Rodney Reed, that is not the portion of the podcast that I suggested the family listen to. The portion of the podcast that I suggest the family listens to begins at the 15:11 mark. It is extremely insightful as to what life is like on death row and it is not at all what we would expect.

Don't sleuth JDW's family members. They deserve their privacy, and from everything we know so far, they are victims of JDW as well.

:tyou:

Yes they are two different prisons. Mansfield Correctional Institution is up and running and is about 5 minutes away from the Reformatory. The Reformatory was known as the Mansfield Reformatory but for some reason now goes by the Ohio State Reformatory. You are correct in that Shawshank was filmed there:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111161/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt
Even then, Shawshank credited the Mansfield Reformatory. The episode regarding Ohio's Death Row can be played from their website too. It is episode 72 but I will provide you with the link. It really is quite informative and like I said, I certainly would never try to change anyone's mind about the death penalty. I would just want to be sure they made an informed decision:
http://swordandscale.com/sword-and-scale-episode-72/

***Edit*** The first 10 minutes or so deal only with the Rodney Reed case. Although I am a supporter of Rodney Reed, that is not the portion of the podcast that I suggested the family listen to. The portion of the podcast that I suggest the family listens to begins at the 15:11 mark. It is extremely insightful as to what life is like on death row and it is not at all what we would expect.

That podcast was fascinating.

If this is not allowed please delete. It is hard to not go where we are not to go in order to pinpoint when JDW might have begun his very wrong path. It appears he was about 7 yrs old when his mother remarried and about 25 yrs old when his stepfather died. And about 31 yrs old when the first known 1990 abduction occurred. Are people born this way so nothing can be done along the way or does environment also add another dimension?? It is so mind boggling.

I remember reading that he convinced his mother to buy a truck, and that he had insurance on the truck as a second driver. He also convinced his mother to buy him some sort of lawn mower. He may not have money or an income, but he does have money via his mother.
The mother had good credit and got loans which is why he was needed at home. She was also elderly and working per the letter he sent Doneghy. He stated his family is very poor, he needed to be home to make money because "stress kills".

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

yes,I would LOVE to have 3 acres in the country. This property has been passed down from family. And they have sold off the farm acreage & just down to a homestead now. Many people would have rented out the tillable acreage but for some reason, inheritance taxes maybe?, they needed to sell.

I have fantasies about a garden in fertile soil and a clothesline.

I really don't like to consider the fantasies JDW has attached to this property.

Oh and if you can't see this as the truth, then you are blind as a bat!!

Sorry...had to!!

Lmao , why do I have the feeling that many of us here are actually hilarious people but due to the subject matter it's tempered down ? Can we make a subthread for members only, like a break room of sorts for our own mental health to talk more candidly or joke around or say things we normally would not or could not here ? Just throwing the idea out there because I know there have been several times I wanted to say something here that would not have been appropriate. (Not saying your (Kat) comment is such,, the idea just came to me at same time lol)

Lmao , why do I have the feeling that many of us here are actually hilarious people but due to the subject matter it's tempered down ? Can we make a subthread for members only, like a break room of sorts for our own mental health to talk more candidly or joke around or say things we normally would not or could not here ? Just throwing the idea out there because I know there have been several times I wanted to say something here that would not have been appropriate. (Not saying your (Kat) comment is such,, the idea just came to me at same time lol)

You have no idea how funny I am in "real life."

If this is not allowed please delete. It is hard to not go where we are not to go in order to pinpoint when JDW might have begun his very wrong path. It appears he was about 7 yrs old when his mother remarried and about 25 yrs old when his stepfather died. And about 31 yrs old when the first known 1990 abduction occurred. Are people born this way so nothing can be done along the way or does environment also add another dimension?? It is so mind boggling.

<BBM for Focus>

You've asked the age old $60,000.00 question, which should prolly be adjusted for inflation, Katharine.. With a quick search, you will likely find a brazillian answers to this question. However, it seems that when the correct answer is arrived at, you will realize that there may not be a correct answer...

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?_r=0

One day last summer, Anne and her husband, Miguel, took their 9-year-old son, Michael, to a Florida elementary school for the first day of what the family chose to call &#8220;summer camp.&#8221; For years, Anne and Miguel have struggled to understand their eldest son, an elegant boy with high-planed cheeks, wide eyes and curly light brown hair, whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly detachment. Michael&#8217;s eight-week program was, in reality, a highly structured psychological study &#8212; less summer camp than camp of last resort.

<Snipped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member