Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Find A Grave, there is a picture of Buckskin Girl's grave and a picture of the gates of the cemetery she was laid to rest in, Troy's Riverside Cemetery.

It is so nice to see that her memory is being kept alive by strangers leaving flowers for this young woman.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 124674061_1444139604.jpg
    124674061_1444139604.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 254
  • f63fa215-a2d2-4e58-a361-16efde509286.jpg
    f63fa215-a2d2-4e58-a361-16efde509286.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 30
  • dianereece.jpg
    dianereece.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 260
Here's another posting on eBay that looks exactly like the one Jane was wearing. The number of grommets aren't the same and this one has a belt. Do we know how she was strangled? The listing has close-up shots of the lining which someone was interested in seeing.

Here's another posting on eBay that looks exactly like the one Jane was wearing. The number of grommets aren't the same and this one has a belt. Do we know how she was strangled? The listing has close-up shots of the lining which someone was interested in seeing.

It looks almost exactly the same to me except for the color. I still am wondering if she worked at one of the many Ohio history recreation places or was a member of one of the civil war recreation groups and that serial killer bumped into her. She had no shoes if I recall and I wonder if the shoes or maybe boots would have been a giveaway had they stayed with the body. Another thought just crossed my mind about boots. A little girl in Ohio snatched and killed in 1989, to this day I dont believe they've found her boots.... Amy Mihalovic. Sorry if I have the spelling wrong on this. Darn autocorrect.

On Find A Grave, there is a picture of Buckskin Girl's grave and a picture of the gates of the cemetery she was laid to rest in, Troy's Riverside Cemetery.

It is so nice to see that her memory is being kept alive by strangers leaving flowers for this young woman.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hmmm..... Somebody sure does pay an awful lot of attention to that grave. Hmmm....... Interesting.

Hmmm..... Somebody sure does pay an awful lot of attention to that grave. Hmmm....... Interesting.
It could be workers, regulars, sleuths. Even those who don't post on forums like these know what "Jane Doe" means. It's sad.

I visit many Cleveland area cemeteries for my own research, and I won't deny I've been to the graves of victims (and notorious). There's a potter's cemetery in mayfield where most of the torso victims are, unfortunately unmarked as far as I've found. Does that make me creepy? Maybe. Does it say my great grandfather may be connected? Not at all.

Cleveland cemeteries are in generally horrible condition. This one appears well taken care of. I'm sure there would be flowers on my local unknown unmarked graves if someone besides me took the time to find the plot, let alone have a noticeable headstone. Others may just clear the grass or leaves and leave a rock in Cleveland. Mostly the sympathy and remembrance is on sites such as findagrave and here.

This woman was a victim of passion. If someone was that remorseful to visit and replace flowers every so often, I'd find it odd he wouldn't leave an anonymous tip leading people in the right direction at the least for an ID. The only way I see a killer doing that was if he was a serial killer psychopath. IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Was a tox report ever completed? Likely, but was it ever released? Was it ever released if she was a smoker?

It looks almost exactly the same to me except for the color. I still am wondering if she worked at one of the many Ohio history recreation places or was a member of one of the civil war recreation groups and that serial killer bumped into her. She had no shoes if I recall and I wonder if the shoes or maybe boots would have been a giveaway had they stayed with the body. Another thought just crossed my mind about boots. A little girl in Ohio snatched and killed in 1989, to this day I dont believe they've found her boots.... Amy Mihalovic. Sorry if I have the spelling wrong on this. Darn autocorrect.

The idea that the clothing is for reenactment purposes is interesting. I was looking around and found that Annie Oakley was from Ohio. She was born in Willowdell in Darke County and died in a town outside of Cincinnati. There is a stone-mounted plaque near the location of her birth that was placed there by the Annie Oakley Committee in 1981, but I can't find the actual date.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 298
Hi,
This is my first time posting on this site, so bear with me lol.

I came across this forum yesterday and it really stuck with me.
I have a few theories as far as the clothing she was found in, and the fact that she was found to be in immaculate condition.
Her hair was still tightly braided even though it was apparent she died violently.
What about her clothing? Wouldn't it show signs of some tearing or blood in such a violent attack?
Perhaps the clothes don't even belong to her and someone dressed her afterwards. Or they do belong to her and she was dressed in them after she was deceased.

I was reading about the Ohio prostitute murders and they mention evidence that the killer may have kept some of his victims for a period of time after they were deceased.
I remember there being speculation that he was doing something with the bodies of his victims.
I'm not saying she's linked to those particular murders, but maybe someone did something similar with her.
If they cleaned her up could they have gotten rid of any evidence of an assault?
Also the ruddy skin due to sun exposure, is that something that could happen postmortem?

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this site, so bear with me lol.

I came across this forum yesterday and it really stuck with me.
I have a few theories as far as the clothing she was found in, and the fact that she was found to be in immaculate condition.
Her hair was still tightly braided even though it was apparent she died violently.
What about her clothing? Wouldn't it show signs of some tearing or blood in such a violent attack?
Perhaps the clothes don't even belong to her and someone dressed her afterwards. Or they do belong to her and she was dressed in them after she was deceased.

I was reading about the Ohio prostitute murders and they mention evidence that the killer may have kept some of his victims for a period of time after they were deceased.
I remember there being speculation that he was doing something with the bodies of his victims.
I'm not saying she's linked to those particular murders, but maybe someone did something similar with her.
If they cleaned her up could they have gotten rid of any evidence of an assault?
Also the ruddy skin due to sun exposure, is that something that could happen postmortem?

Hi! :wagon: Welcome to Websleuths!

I think it's very possible she was dressed after her murder--I love your thinking on that. That would account for not much debris being visible. Her hair was rebraided and washed to rid it of debris before the frontal autopsy photo, but IIRC the side PM was before the washing of the hair, so they were in pretty good condition.

Also I believe it's possible her ruddy complexion maybe could have been due to blood settling in her face, but I'm no expert on that subject

The ruddy complexion fits with the rest of her coloring, though, so it's possible it's natural as well.

One of the advantages of braids like that is that they tend to stay tight and clean even when you're doing rough dirty work. When my hair was longer, I used to braid it like that for hiking. So I don't think it's surprising if they stayed fairly tidy through...whatever she went through.

On the "Redhead murders" Wiki article, it says BG was ruled out as being a victim of the Redhead murders.

Without a proven perpetrator, how can they prove she was not a victim of the Redhead murders?

I don't believe she was a victim of the Redhead murders but I do wonder how they were able to factually rule it out.

Someone had asked if LE associated with this case is good about replying. I just now remembered my password, so I apologize for the delayed reply. I have been in sporadic touch with Lt Steve Lord about this case for over 10 years and he always gets back to me within a day or two.

Also, someone else asked (Chuz?) why the doenetwork boards were deleted and purged. There was a lot of... um, difference of opinion in how that organization should be run a decade ago. I bowed out before the boards were deleted, but my guess is the mass exodus of admins. Hardly any of the same volunteers are still there.

Was a tox report ever completed? Likely, but was it ever released? Was it ever released if she was a smoker?
That would be good to know. Often that's a way to identify people, though it may only seem like a small detail but those small details can be really helpful. My best friend will only smoke a particular brand of menthol cigarettes and it's one of the most memorable things about her!

On the "Redhead murders" Wiki article, it says BG was ruled out as being a victim of the Redhead murders.

Without a proven perpetrator, how can they prove she was not a victim of the Redhead murders?

I don't believe she was a victim of the Redhead murders but I do wonder how they were able to factually rule it out.

Often with serial killers, there are one or more details that are peculiar to the killer but not released to the general public. Sometimes it's a pattern of where victims are found, sometimes it's where or how the bodies are disposed of, sometimes it's a victim pose or a murder weapon, sometimes it's not even something that the killer is aware of doing. I remember reading about one guy they caught because he always stood over the body and smoked the same unusual brand of cigarettes.

So while I doubt that they can prove it wasn't the same killer, it's likely that they're pretty sure it doesn't have enough in common with that killer's pattern to make her another of his victims.

OK...I know they don't look plausible at first glance, but...http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/meiser_michelle.html

The height for Michelle is listed at 5'8. Buckskin Girl's height estimate was around 5'6. 2 inches off is not a huge difference, and discrepancies are common enough between a UID report and a MP report. The weight is pretty close, and may also be an estimate.

Her hair is listed as black, and BG's appeared to be reddish-brown. But hair lightens in the sun. Both of their eyes are brown. She was part of the Chippewa Native American tribe--that may fit in with the attire BG was wearing.

But, like BG, she had a scar on her right arm.

It's probably not her, to my unprofessional (duh, LOL) eyes her cheekbones look too prominent. But I did feel like I should note it.

OK...I know they don't look plausible at first glance, but...http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/meiser_michelle.html

The height for Michelle is listed at 5'8. Buckskin Girl's height estimate was around 5'6. 2 inches off is not a huge difference, and discrepancies are common enough between a UID report and a MP report. The weight is pretty close, and may also be an estimate.

Her hair is listed as black, and BG's appeared to be reddish-brown. But hair lightens in the sun. Both of their eyes are brown. She was part of the Chippewa Native American tribe--that may fit in with the attire BG was wearing.

But, like BG, she had a scar on her right arm.

It's probably not her, to my unprofessional (duh, LOL) eyes her cheekbones look too prominent. But I did feel like I should note it.

Michelle is in NamUs with DNA so it's easy to have ruled in/out

Someone had asked if LE associated with this case is good about replying. I just now remembered my password, so I apologize for the delayed reply. I have been in sporadic touch with Lt Steve Lord about this case for over 10 years and he always gets back to me within a day or two.

Also, someone else asked (Chuz?) why the doenetwork boards were deleted and purged. There was a lot of... um, difference of opinion in how that organization should be run a decade ago. I bowed out before the boards were deleted, but my guess is the mass exodus of admins. Hardly any of the same volunteers are still there.

I wish we could get more photos of the jacket. Is there a belt sewn into the sides like the one posted above? On the ebay jacket I can see the stitching on the Chevron trim; but can't tell with BG's jacket. I wonder if her jacket has been preserved and if they could get pollen evidence from it.

Have to deal with my grandson

I wish we could get more photos of the jacket. Is there a belt sewn into the sides like the one posted above? On the ebay jacket I can see the stitching on the Chevron trim; but can't tell with BG's jacket. I wonder if her jacket has been preserved and if they could get pollen evidence from it

I can ask Lt Lord about more photos and the possibility of pollen. I'll keep you updated.

Regarding her missing shoes: I've always felt like she took them off in the car/truck she was traveling in to get comfortable. I tend to do that on long trips. I've also thought, if this was a domestic situation, that she came home, kicked her shoes and socks off and then an argument ensued.

The absence of underwear is puzzling to me too. Did she get dressed in a hurry? Ran out of clean ones on the road? Some people just don't like wearing them (I'm not one!) so I guess too much analyzing isn't really needed.

I can ask Lt Lord about more photos and the possibility of pollen. I'll keep you updated.

The belt isn't really important but it helps to try to find similar jackets. More detail such as the Chevron trim, the stitching as well as how the corners are done, if it looks folded under or a new piece sewn under it. Then the lining. There should be a spot where someone hand or machine sewed closed. So far with the ones we're seeing, her purple lining is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox