Deceased/Not Found OK - Colton Clark, 9, Seminole, 20 April 2006 *R. & R. Clark guilty**

I just want to say that, once again, the OSBI disappoints. My life has been hounded by their incompetence. They couldn't investigate their way out of a brown paper bag. I wonder sometimes how they make it to work every day.

Search continues for missing boy's body after property sweep

http://www.newson6.com/story/32196422/search-continues-for-missing-boys-body-after-property-sweep

A search for the body of a 9-year-old boy who went missing 10 years ago continues after authorities did not find the boy's remains on his foster parent's property.

Seminole County Sheriff's Office investigator David Hanson said Friday that authorities completed a search last month of the property of Colton Clark's foster parents, Rex and Rebecca Clark, who are in custody facing a series of charges including first-degree murder.

Video interview with Colton Clark's brother:

http://www.koco.com/news/seminole-county-cold-case-brother-speaks-for-first-time/40390516

The brother of Colton Clark is speaking for the first time, telling of the abuse and what happened to his brother inside his Seminole County home. His aunt and uncle, Rebecca and Rex Clark, are now going to trial, facing murder charges for their nephew’s disappearance. Only on 5, Homer Clark sat down with KOCO’s Bret Buganski and talked about why he came forward.

February court date set for couple charged in missing boy's death

http://www.news-star.com/news/20161007/february-court-date-set-for-couple-charged-in-missing-boys-death

A court hearing for the aunt and uncle of a Seminole County boy missing since 2006 was held Thursday concerning state exhibits being sealed and their next court date is now scheduled Feb. 7.

Rex and Rebecca Clark are charged in Seminole County District Court with first-degree murder in the death of their 9-year-old foster son, Colton Clark.

From last week:

Beaten black and blue, handcuffed to the bed and tortured with a cattle prod: The missed opportunities to save nine-year-old boy from horrific abuse before he was 'murdered by his adoptive parents'

A series of missed opportunities to save a nine-year-old boy who was horrifically abused by his adoptive parents has been revealed.

Social workers were repeatedly warned about the abuse of Colton Clark years before he vanished in 2006, a new report has revealed as his parents prepare to go on trial for his murder.

The report shows that Colton was subject to years of horrific abuse, and that social workers had been warned about some of it before he disappeared but failed to act.

The Clarks are Colton and his brother's aunt and uncle, and they were placed in the home in October 2003. A year later, in November 2004, the couple officially adopted them.

Just seven months later, in June 2005, the DHS received allegations that 'the children were suffering from issues because of their past abuse'.

It took the department two whole months to send a worker out to interview Rebecca Clark, who claimed that 'Colt was involved in self-mutilation and other inappropriate behaviors, such as killing the family's pet bird, starting fires in occupied beds, and prowling around at night with a knife while the other family members slept'.

'It was reported to the OKDHS that the adoptive dad handcuffed him (Colt) to the bed and as a result, everyone got a good night sleep,' the report reads.

The DHS worker recommended that the family 'continue to access all mental health services' for the children, who had had five counselors in the past five years.

Two months after this meeting, DHS received a new allegation that the brothers were 'in threat of harm by the adoptive parents'.

Despite the seriousness of the allegation, DHS only categorized the investigation as 'Priority II' and it was a month before they made it out to the family's home on April 17, 2006.

New Report Details Investigation Into Missing Seminole 10-Year-Old Colton Clark

Eventually, workers said an old dog bite on Austin's leg needed medical attention. A full physical exam performed while tending the bite found signs of severe abuse -- which led to his removal from the house. He then told police the Clark's threatened him into lying about Colton's disappearance by calling him names like "pervert" and "broke" and that Colton had gone missing at least a day before the first call to DHS. Austin said he woke up and [Colton] was gone.

“The workers were very creative I think in using that old dog bite to try to find a way to physically examine the boy to get him out of the environment,” Powell said.

But family members blame DHS. Over the phone today, Colton's half-sister Raven Womack said, "Do I think DHS did wrong? Yes. I pretty much think they're at fault for this."

Link to the documents:

http://www.koco.com/article/documents-shed-new-light-on-colton-clark-case/6962955

Murder trial begins Monday
The trial for two Seminole residents accused of murder will begin Monday in Pontotoc County District Court.

James Rex Clark, 67, and Rebecca Faith Clark, 61, both of Seminole, are scheduled for trial at 8:30 a.m. at the Pontotoc County Courthouse.

Murder trial underway; Alleged victim's brother recalls childhood abuse

http://www.theadanews.com/news/local_news/murder-trial-underway-alleged-victim-s-brother-recalls-childhood-abuse/article_00511a03-5620-5151-83b9-9d0f47dfc515.html

Sloan said he and Colton were eventually removed from public school and home-schooled by the Clarks.

He said the love they felt when they first moved in with the Clarks turned into something else.

“I truly felt they hated us,” he said.

He said he and Colton were often accused by the Clarks of being sexual deviants — forced by Rex Clark to pen bizarre false sexual fantasies in journals.

Sloan said although Colton wasn’t reported missing until April 2006, the last time he saw his brother was a few weeks to a month before. Maybe March 20, he believes.

He said the day was normal with chores and other activities. While eating dinner, the Clarks accused Colton of stealing a turquoise ring — an accusation Colton denied, Sloan recalled.

While Sloan washed dishes in the kitchen, he heard the Clarks yelling and screaming, and Colton was crying, he said.

After washing dishes, Sloan went to the bedroom to ask the Clarks if there were any more chores for the evening. He was told no, he said. Sloan testified that while in the bedroom, he noticed Colton’s face was already discolored.

“That was the last time I ever saw him with his eyes open,” he said.

rom News 9 : Jury Finds Rex And Rebecca Clark Guilty Of Child Abuse, Murder
I thought you might be interested in this story: Jury Finds Rex And Rebecca Clark Guilty Of Child Abuse, Murder, http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=36556494

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Judge Sentences Rex And Rebecca Clark To Life Without Parole

The judge in the case of Rex and Rebecca Clark has sentenced them to serve concurrent life sentences for four child abuse charges, and life without parole for the first-degree murder of their 9-year-old nephew Colton Clark.

Earlier, they told the judge: “You didn’t have one damn witness.” - Rex Clark and “I don’t agree with the verdict either because it was a travesty of justice.” - Rebecca Clark

I guess Rex forgot about Colton's brother. The real travesty of justice is that they got away with it for so long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back