OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if there even is a perp.
Can't understand why a perp would leave a vehicle abandoned on the side of a road. Certainly it would be found, and the women would be investigated as missing. Does the car have prints? Does it run? Evidence of a struggle? So much missing in the story. Note the school is contained - no recess - as search continues.

The same OSBI official said in this video that they can't confirm foul play. However, they DO believe that these women are in danger.

About 1 minute in.
My interpretation of what the agent said is they don’t think foul play has occurred (there is no evidence yet) but the ladies are potentially in danger (of foul play).

[Edit: rethought a long musing and deleted]

Last edited:
Can't understand why a perp would leave a vehicle abandoned on the side of a road. Certainly it would be found, and the women would be investigated as missing. Does the car have prints? Does it run? Evidence of a struggle? So much missing in the story. Note the school is contained - no recess - as search continues.

I really hope that these woman are safe. There's no evidence that I can see that there was a danger to them from the people they were to meet. The transcripts of the hearings make me very uncomfortable regarding the misinformation, the outright lies, the purposeful sleight of hand that VB engaged in, all to paint the father of her children as the person who was a danger to her children.

Agreed… Leaving such obvious evidence makes it feel like, if there is a perpetrator, they know they’re going to get caught and don’t care/don’t intend to be caught alive. But if that were the case you would think if anything was done to these two ladies, it wouldn’t be hidden.

Has how the car was left been mentioned at all? Was it parked on the side of the road, left haphazardly? Is it still in working order?

If their disappearance has nothing to do with the custody case, it would be incredibly surprising but of course it is a possibility.

MOO Not really concerned with getting away with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there are any indications of another vehicle having met them there.
I'd love to know -- but authorities won't even tell us the color/make/model of the vehicle! Nonetheless, although the vehicle was found on a major roadway, its very rural/isolated.

The vehicle they were traveling in was "found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L, south of Elkhart, Kansas, in rural Texas County," according to the OSBI.

1712132647337.png
The area near the Oklahoma-Kansas border where the vehicle the two women were traveling in was found abandoned on Saturday, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. (Google Maps)

According to an Endangered Missing Alert by the Hugoton Police Department, the women were en route to pick up Butler's children but never showed up at the pickup location and Butler's blue Kia was found abandoned.

"It appears that this was not a willing incident on their own to have taken off or anything of that nature," said Tim Singer, pastor at Hugoton Assembly of God. "It looks to be that there is something more involved."

The lack of info is infuriating. To know so little, almost 5 days out, almost smacks of incompetence. Why release so little info? Why no news conferences or family members pleading for help. No community ground searches, requests for videos? Why no time lines? So frustrated with LE and I don’t understand this approach.
I also wonder what LE departments are even involved at this point. Seems like a very small town. I hope the national awareness will not let it slide under the covers. Jmo.

Custody battles are always messy, dramatic, and in many cases selfish.

Based on what we already have gleaned, I think it’s pretty clear the direction we are headed. LE’s got this.

Are the children still with Grandma?

I heard Dr. Makayla Keefe-Saramosing the owner of Keefe Private Investigations (the largest Oklahoma-owned private investigation and process serving company) being interviewed and she said that hum@n tr@ff1cking is a huge problem in Oklahoma and something to consider with abductions of young women.

This was a general comment and *not* her opinion on this case. Just passing it on in the “third party” category, for what it’s worth. IDK. MOO.
Random, by chance abductions of adult women in broad daylight isn't how human trafficking works, so I'm glad to see this PI is aware of this. IMO, this isn't even a third party category possiblity in this case.

<modsnip: no link no discussion>. I cannot link the document, because now the links (for me) are showing 'case does not exist'. Are you still able to get in?
Weird... the FB page I pulled for VB last night is also gone now.
Yes, I'm getting the same message as well and can't access any documents. Looks like its being scrubbed intentionally. Wonder why and by whom? Could it be LE or the family? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic