OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

I think about her almost every day. I truly cannot believe she's still missing. 😌

Here's an older link. Larch mountain is so far above Multnomah Falls it would make no sense to park there to reach the trail heads of Larch Mountain. You would have to hike straight up for a couple of miles to reach the road leading to Latch Man, then several miles on the narrow road to just get to the trail heads. By then I would think you would be losing daylight, and climbing back down that way would be very treacherous.

http://www.oregonhikers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23095

I wonder if she had a hiking partner; two cars, hers and someone else's, and both cars were parked on opposite ends of the trail, so that Alissa would only have to walk One way, then drive off in the car to pick up the other car. (If that is possible to do.)
Maybe she had a hiking partner going the same direction, or maybe she was to meet the hiking partner on part of the trail?
That could explain why she would hike at this time period. That could explain why she didn't have plans to hike late into the evening, if that is what occurred.
IMOO.

Bumping for Alissa. I'm thinking of you wherever you are.

Almost two months later and still nothing. Very sad.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there are still searches being done for this sweet lady?

The update from Facebook is that there are no new details, and that resource and weather constraints have made it difficult to conduct searches.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys!. I'm only about 2 hours away from where she was last seen. I think of her daily. I'm planning to go hiking at the Falls with my children during their spring break

I saw it was asked earlier and forgive me I'm not familiar with the wildlife of Portland. But is there anything that could attack her?

I saw it was asked earlier and forgive me I'm not familiar with the wildlife of Portland. But is there anything that could attack her?

A mountain lion could be a threat, but a quick Google search didn't show me anything definitive about that area. Bears probably are sleeping in December. I would say two-legged predators are more of a threat. But slipping off the trail if walking quickly or running seems most likely to me. Alissa was not well prepared that day, sadly. JMO

Still no news?

I thought for sure they would have found her by now. It has been quite warm (70 degrees) the last week. It makes me wonder if she isn't up there at all. This is so sad.

I am wondering if somebody from the area could please report back as to whether there is still snow on the ground on the trails that stretch out from where her car was found? I was thinking there might be news after a Spring thaw...
So sad.

I was in the gorge this past weekend and the snow has definitely melted. It was in the high 70s-low 80s. I'd love to help with the next search if they haven't given up.

gwenabob, your "registered user" description just made me spit out my coffee!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back