OR OR - Alissa McCrann, 37, Tigard, 19 Dec 2015

My heart hurts for Alissa's family and the family of all missing persons....I cannot imagine going through the holidays without knowing where my loved ones are....prayers that she will be found.

I am so sad for her family and friends. I was somehow hoping she took a fall and twisted her ankle and was found by searchers.

:prayer:

Sigh. I keep coming here every morning and night. Hoping to see that Alissa has been found.

I don't know why I just thought she would have been found long before now. Probably because I want her to be found so badly. I too have held onto the theory of Alissa perhaps taking a bad fall to which she suffered injuries. But with all the time that has passed, with the searches that were done to no avail (where her vehicle was located)...perhaps that is not the case. Though after being on this forum for so long, I do have the opinion that just because she hasn't been found in or near the park where her vehicle was located doesn't mean she isn't there. With the elements, time passed and such she could have been missed. (Though I'm only familiar with that area via what I've read and seen online. I've never actually been there so my opinion could be off on that.)

My prayers and thoughts are with all of Alissa's family and dear friends and especially with her son.

My hope is that new information comes to LE which can lead them to Alissa.

I would have thought the searchers with dogs would have found something. They searched over 100 miles of trails. But if she is not on the trail the search is immensely more difficult without the dogs hitting on a scent. Dogs are not a perfect solution as there have been cases where remains were found only a very short distance from where the dogs covered. I'm thinking it is likely one of two most likely scenarios. One, being dressed lightly, she could have gotten injured on the trail. She had jogged earlier that morning and that even leaves the possibility she could have stumbled and injured herself. Having run already that day, she could have torn a muscle or tendon - I had it happen to me at my planned turn around point and had to limp back to my start. Thankfully, it was daytime in a suburban neighborhood. If that happens and she can't get back before dark and falling temps she could have gotten hypothermia. I've was in the beginnings of that once and believe me it will sneak up on you. In the advanced stages a victim will act irrationally and in this case could be hundreds of yards off the trail.

Second, since the dogs didn't pick up her scent, then maybe the car was dumped there. If that is the case, it would be someone familiar with her and know she hiked. That's why I hope LE has processed her car and got her phone history.

Alissa has been on my mind & I was hoping & praying she'd be found before Christmas. I can't imagine how her family is feeling & especially her son.

I don't have anything to add to the discussion - but I do hope that LE are looking elsewhere in the event her car was "planted" there.

[emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻[emoji120]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot help but think Alissa was never on that trail, I think the car was a red herring to throw off LE and I sure hope they did not expend all their energy thinking she was on that trail. I hope they are investigating and will find her...my heart hurts for her family and I am hoping for a miracle here....(always am) IMHO

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-27-00-14-49-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-27-00-14-49-1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_2015-12-27-00-15-47-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-27-00-15-47-1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 98
Here's a screen shot of where her car was found.
I sure hope I did this right

Thanks. Yes. That is what I caught in the video. They are showing her car was found in the parking lot that appears to be in the median (I guess that is what you would call it.) of those highways. There is a smaller parking lot nearer to the falls but that is not where they show her car was found.

http://katu.com/news/local/search-will-resume-thursday-for-missing-woman-alissa-mccrann

This may have been posted already. What a heartbreaking image.

Wait. Was her car parked closer to the river than the falls? Look at the beginning of the video.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5784257,-122.1229426,883m/data=!3m1!1e3

Her car (from screen shot of video above) was found in the parking lot of the falls. This parking lot is a bit different than most, in that rather than exiting the freeway to your right, as most exits are, you exit to your left - (when driving on I-84, heading East). The parking lot is "in between" the falls & the Columbia River. After parking, you follow the "trail" (paved sidewalk area) under a bridge etc. to get into the multnomah falls park area.

Hopefully my clustered explanation isn't too confusing.

Her car (from screen shot of video above) was found in the parking lot of the falls. This parking lot is a bit different than most, in that rather than exiting the freeway to your right, as most exits are, you exit to your left - (when driving on I-84, heading East). The parking lot is "in between" the falls & the Columbia River. After parking, you follow the "trail" (paved sidewalk area) under a bridge etc. to get into the multnomah falls park area.

Hopefully my clustered explanation isn't too confusing.

Would it be easy to reach the river from that parking lot?

I live just outside of Portland and everything about this case is odd. It literally sends chills down my spine. I also think that the fact her vehicle was left in the MF parking lot is a red herring. I think LE is looking in all the wrong places. For some reason I am not sensing total foul play either. There might be a huge twist here...

http://katu.com/news/local/search-will-resume-thursday-for-missing-woman-alissa-mccrann

This may have been posted already. What a heartbreaking image.

Wait. Was her car parked closer to the river than the falls? Look at the beginning of the video.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.5784257,-122.1229426,883m/data=!3m1!1e3
BBM
That poor kid and his Dad! :(

It's hard to tell if the point on the map was in the correct parking lot. It could be MSM carelessness, but there is access to the Falls from the one closer to the river which is right off I-84 (See link with parking directions). Here's a photo from Twitter that may help locals figure out exactly where she was parked. Note the freeway direction signs. That tells me she was in the parking lot with direct access to the freeway. It's a bigger lot, with more activity, so a car could easily be overlooked through the weekend until Tuesday. JMO

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeBennerKGW/status/679460019889242112/photo/1

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/crgnsa/recreation/picnickinginfo/recarea/?recid=30026&actid=70

I live just outside of Portland and everything about this case is just odd. I also think that the fact her vehicle was left in the MF parking lot is a red herring. I think LE is looking in all the wrong places.
BBM

I agree that the car in the parking lot is a likely a red herring, but I have confidence that LE is looking in more than one place behind the scenes. We are only seeing the SAR search aspect. That may be the wrong place, but it has to be done as part of a comprehensive investigation. LE would also be looking at surveillance cameras where her last phone activity registered, getting phone records, interviewing friends and family, checking her online activity, banking, love life etc...all the things we would think of and more. :)

BBM
That poor kid and his Dad! :(

It's hard to tell if the point on the map was in the correct parking lot. It could be MSM carelessness, but there is access to the Falls from the one closer to the river which is right off I-84 (See link with parking directions). Here's a photo from Twitter that may help locals figure out exactly where she was parked. Note the freeway direction signs. That tells me she was in the parking lot with direct access to the freeway. It's a bigger lot, with more activity, so a car could easily be overlooked through the weekend until Tuesday. JMO

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeBennerKGW/status/679460019889242112/photo/1

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/crgnsa/recreation/picnickinginfo/recarea/?recid=30026&actid=70

That was helpful! Looking at the twitter photo and this street view I found

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.578...4!1sK-n84s7ZrZvqg0BKiXMpzQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I think the green signs match.

Does anyone have a link to the initial news footage of when her car was found....I have gone back but cannot find it anymore. It showed the search and rescue team and a very upset man saying, "she is out there"....anyone remember or have any ideas where I can review that footage??? Thank you in advance...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back