OR OR - Daniel Oberg, 28, Lane County, 22 April 2017

IF HE TOOK HIS FISHING POLES he wasn't going out to commit suicide. Perhaps an accident in the water?

IF HE TOOK HIS FISHING POLES he wasn't going out to commit suicide. Perhaps an accident in the water?

He didn't go fishing. He disappeared mid day and suddenly. No pings near any fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't go fishing. He disappeared mid day and suddenly. No pings near any fishing.

Poles have since been found.

Can you tell me more about what you found troubling? Curious if you removed since I'm sure a lot has been deleted by now.

Sorry. Curious if you *remember what you found troubling.

Hi DAG, and welcome to Websleuths!

I just looked at SL's FB page again, and as you said, so much has been deleted, unfortunately :(.

There were two posts in particular I found troubling. It has been a couple of months, and I'm afraid I cannot remember what one of them was about. The other one, however, was something he posted that was extremely derogatory towards Danny. In fact, it was so bad that some of Danny's friends and family posted in the "Comments" section of the post, defending Danny. I'm pretty sure many of he people who have been following the case on FB from the beginning remember this particular post (as I recall, someone even posted a screenshot of it on the Find Danny Oberg group page).

Hope this helps. I feel so terrible for his mom and dad. They have been searching so hard from day one. There is more than one person who knows exactly what happened to Danny and where he is, IMO, and they need to speak up.

Thanks again for joining us!

:welcome6:

Hi DAG, and welcome to Websleuths!

I just looked at SL's FB page again, and as you said, so much has been deleted, unfortunately :(.

There were two posts in particular I found troubling. It has been a couple of months, and I'm afraid I cannot remember what one of them was about. The other one, however, was something he posted that was extremely derogatory towards Danny. In fact, it was so bad that some of Danny's friends and family posted in the "Comments" section of the post, defending Danny. I'm pretty sure many of he people who have been following the case on FB from the beginning remember this particular post (as I recall, someone even posted a screenshot of it on the Find Danny Oberg group page).

Hope this helps. I feel so terrible for his mom and dad. They have been searching so hard from day one. There is more than one person who knows exactly what happened to Danny and where he is, IMO, and they need to speak up.

Thanks again for joining us!

:welcome6:

Thank you so much. I will try to find out about this. I appreciate you trying to remember. I feel like SL is throwing it in our face a lot. Thank you for your input.

Clearly this was not an innocent fishing trip. I noticed that he walked in the Safeway with one guy but walked out with 2 different guys. Have they been identified and interviewed by LE?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Clearly this was not an innocent fishing trip. I noticed that he walked in the Safeway with one guy but walked out with 2 different guys. Have they been identified and interviewed by LE?

Yes. They disappeared for a few days when Danny did too. When police interviewed them stories changed several times and most of it was they "have no idea where Danny is". Not much police follow through. They're waiting on a body. :(

Are they locals...everybody know them?

Are they locals...everybody know them?

Oh yeah. Locals and lots of little minion kids covering for them. Danny was quite a bit older (28) than they are (20ish).

In your opinion, any of them in trouble or running in wrong crowd...or they are the wrong crowd? Thanks so much for your opinions. :)

In your opinion, any of them in trouble or running in wrong crowd...or they are the wrong crowd? Thanks so much for your opinions. :)

They are the wrong crowd!

They are the wrong crowd!

LE definitely knows them and hopefully has their eyes on them. Sounds plausible that others know what happened since there were several other people. Maybe someone will have a sliver of a conscious.

I've been quietly following this story. Just a bunch of random thoughts...First off the help find Facebook page is a mess. Every other post is an admin saying stop drama or stop blocking admins. But so much is deleted it's hard to follow. Just delete the drama and move on. I know it was started with good intentions but I couldn't follow it very well. They also don't want and delete rumors on page but that's exactly what u do want.. those are called LEADS! They keep saying "someone knows something" but when people post things they hear it is deleted. As long as it's not derogatory of family members it should be looked into. All involved are fairly young.. young people have loose lips.
I'm also concerned about his friends that went missing for a few days just like everyone else. I am curious as to what their story to LE was. It could not have just been "I don't know". They were the last people to be seen with him, there has to be a timeline of events given to LE by them. If not LE is failing miserably.
Seems logical that the search to be pinpointed to the area his dogs were found. They likely would have stayed close to him. I think at this point professionals should be called like texasequusearch. But LE has to request them.
I also have wonder if there was an accident and the young men he was with panicked. I haven't heard of any motives for killing him.
Another thought... if he were murdered why would they not also get rid of his dogs? This makes me think accident. An accident a young person might be scared to report could be out shooting a gun they weren't suppose to have, drug overdose etc..
A lot of info is confusing... did he say he was going camping or not? I've heard both. When and where was last ping? I haven't seen any maps.
Were the dogs taken back to the location to see if they lead to anywhere? It was suggested this was going to be done but I never found any confirmation this was done or not.
Facebook page is not updating good info.. some things in comments sections just kind of random.
Again.... just random rambling thoughts I was having.
Just FYI I have run a missing persons FB page for years and never had to delete anyone. If someone is being rude I delete the comment and private message them like so " your comment to a recent post has been deleted for ______ reasons. This message is not meant to debate but only to inform and no further discussion is necessary".

I've been quietly following this story. Just a bunch of random thoughts...First off the help find Facebook page is a mess. Every other post is an admin saying stop drama or stop blocking admins. But so much is deleted it's hard to follow. Just delete the drama and move on. I know it was started with good intentions but I couldn't follow it very well. They also don't want and delete rumors on page but that's exactly what u do want.. those are called LEADS! They keep saying "someone knows something" but when people post things they hear it is deleted. As long as it's not derogatory of family members it should be looked into. All involved are fairly young.. young people have loose lips.
I'm also concerned about his friends that went missing for a few days just like everyone else. I am curious as to what their story to LE was. It could not have just been "I don't know". They were the last people to be seen with him, there has to be a timeline of events given to LE by them. If not LE is failing miserably.
Seems logical that the search to be pinpointed to the area his dogs were found. They likely would have stayed close to him. I think at this point professionals should be called like texasequusearch. But LE has to request them.
I also have wonder if there was an accident and the young men he was with panicked. I haven't heard of any motives for killing him.
Another thought... if he were murdered why would they not also get rid of his dogs? This makes me think accident. An accident a young person might be scared to report could be out shooting a gun they weren't suppose to have, drug overdose etc..
A lot of info is confusing... did he say he was going camping or not? I've heard both. When and where was last ping? I haven't seen any maps.
Were the dogs taken back to the location to see if they lead to anywhere? It was suggested this was going to be done but I never found any confirmation this was done or not.
Facebook page is not updating good info.. some things in comments sections just kind of random.
Again.... just random rambling thoughts I was having.
Just FYI I have run a missing persons FB page for years and never had to delete anyone. If someone is being rude I delete the comment and private message them like so " your comment to a recent post has been deleted for ______ reasons. This message is not meant to debate but only to inform and no further discussion is necessary".

I can't agree with your entire comment more. You are spot on. The page is being run by those close friends to the guys he was last seen with. So everything that is said that lead back to them, is deleted. A new group has been opened with family since most people were blocked including an investigator. [emoji15] Dogs were taken back out several times but didn't lead to anything. Some of the area is not walkable. And he was never camping or fishing. His friends said they went to Safeway (after being confronted with video) and then he dropped them off in town and disappeared. Pings were all local to area he was last seen. Not to where his car/dogs were found. I believe there was a accident and the friends panicked as well.

I can't agree with your entire comment more. You are spot on. The page is being run by those close friends to the guys he was last seen with. So everything that is said that lead back to them, is deleted. A new group has been opened with family since most people were blocked including an investigator. [emoji15] Dogs were taken back out several times but didn't lead to anything. Some of the area is not walkable. And he was never camping or fishing. His friends said they went to Safeway (after being confronted with video) and then he dropped them off in town and disappeared. Pings were all local to area he was last seen. Not to where his car/dogs were found. I believe there was a accident and the friends panicked as well.

So are the dogs friendly enough where someone could have driven them to another location? Maybe they just we're staying close to the car and not necessarily their owner.
Is the families FB page open? If so can you post the name of the group?
Are there any motives going around as to why someone would want to hurt him?
Since some of the area is unwalkable have they done helicopter fly overs of the area? Family can look into hiring for fly over if they think he might be out there.
Just my opinion but I would take his dogs on every ground search... they know his smell best and while walking my dog once he insisted on going down a certain road we never walk down and after him barking and pulling in that direction I gave in and 2 blocks down the road he led me right to my husband who was working a job down there and I had no idea he was even there...so if the dogs get a whiff of his scent they can lead to him probably better than a search dog.
Does anyone know what his plans were for the day? I know I read he talked to his dad but I never saw what they discussed.
Were there any indications he was suicidal? Did he own a gun? Are there any high bridges near where his car was found? Is there cell service where his car was found since his phone did not ping there?
Sorry so many questions but I can't seem to find clear answers anywhere. I have a hundred more questions too lol.

Where were his fishing poles found?
Were he or the other boys involved in drug deals that could go wrong?
Did he live alone or with someone?
Was he involved in a love triangle with one of the other boys?
Is there a description of what he was last wearing?
Does he often take his dogs out in a rural area for hiking or nature walking?

Checking on news about Danny.

Sounds like this camping story is just a front. Keep an eye on the so called friends... IMO....letting the dogs run free allows people to hope that he is safe nearby.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Checking on news about Danny.

Nothing. :( still getting tips in but most do t seem to have an interest in a missing adult male.

Continuing to pray for answers [emoji1374]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member