OR OR - Daniel Oberg, 28, Lane County, 22 April 2017

https://m.facebook.com/groups/340831596349928
This is a better run page for Danny. I notice someone with a Drone service is donating time to search for Danny with a drone so they can see in places not easily navigated.
I sadly feel the community momentum is dwindling in searching for him.
I think family should push for a professional search agency to be brought in.
It seems where his car was found and where others think he might be missing from are in two different towns/two different counties. I haven't seen why they think he went missing from the other town/county yet but seems some think he is not where his car was found.
A lot of questions but not a lot of answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://m.facebook.com/groups/340831596349928
This is a better run page for Danny. I notice someone with a Drone service is donating time to search for Danny with a drone so they can see in places not easily navigated.
I sadly feel the community momentum is dwindling in searching for him.
I think family should push for a professional search agency to be brought in.
It seems where his car was found and where others think he might be missing from are in two different towns/two different counties. I haven't seen why they think he went missing from the other town/county yet but seems some think he is not where his car was found.

We are basing the different county of disappearance off of his cell pings. We have zero pings in the county of his car and dogs being found. I suspect that he never left his home county like his car did.

I was reading through this thread last night and for some reason this case just makes me so angry. Who are these people he was last seen with? Surely they know something. Not saying they are guilty of foul play (but are they?) but they have to know more. Yeah, there is alot of drama but maybe in this drama (I don't know the local rumors or theories) but maybe there is some info to be found among the drama. Idk..just pray he is found soon..his poor dad! I just can't shake the feeling that the people he was last seen with are getting away with something criminal and if this case loses interest they will never tell what they know. moo

I wish LE would make a statement on this investigation

I wish LE would make a statement on this investigation

I wish they would have interviewed for our podcast. That would have been nice.

Where is Danny?

Thank you for posting this, agilbe.

Statement from the Linn County Sheriff’s Office:
“UPDATE on Death Investigation
Posted November 3, 2017 10:30 am
Linn County Sheriff Bruce Riley reports his office is continuing their investigation into the suspicious death of a male found on Bryant Drive, Albany. Detectives are working with the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office to help determine the cause of death, and also have requested assistance from the Oregon State Police Crime Lab in an attempt to identify the male through fingerprints, DNA and dental records.
The investigation is ongoing and we will continue to update the public as information becomes available. Detectives do not believe there is any risk to the public.

Original press release posted on October 30, 2017

Linn County Sheriff Bruce Riley is reporting his detectives are investigating a suspicious death on Bryant drive, one mile south of Bryant Park. Today at approximately 2:00 p.m., personnel from the Albany Fire Department were flagged down by an individual and were informed of the body.
Sheriff’s Office deputies and detectives responded to the area to conduct an investigation into the death of the individual. There is limited information at this time. More information will be released as it becomes available.” (BBM)
https://www.linnsheriff.org/2017/11/update-death-investigation/

Sadly at this point in time, I'm afraid it's more recovery than anything else. I'm just hoping for the family it's sooner rather than later.

It would seem super weird to leave a body in or near Bryant Park (a pretty well-populated area) rather than leave it out somewhere more remote. There are tons of rural areas and logging roads, etc closer out near Sweet Home. I would doubt that this is him.

Where the heck are you, Danny?

It would seem super weird to leave a body in or near Bryant Park (a pretty well-populated area) rather than leave it out somewhere more remote. There are tons of rural areas and logging roads, etc closer out near Sweet Home. I would doubt that this is him.

Where the heck are you, Danny?[/QUOTE
Thank you. I am not local but was sure someone on WS would know the area and could give more insight.

Continued efforts in the search for Danny Oberg occured over the weekend of December 16th & 17th 2017. Statement from Lane County Sheriff Office Facebook page...

Lane County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue volunteers and staff were out this last weekend searching for Danny Oberg, a 28 year man who was reported missing in April of 2017 and has not been seen by friends or family since. There were 29 searchers on Saturday and 19 searchers on Sunday, from both Lane and Linn Search and Rescue teams. Ground search teams and K9 teams were used to cover an area north of Marcola that was previously inaccessbile due to heavy brush. Unfortunately the searches did not yield any new information about where Danny Oberg may have gone. Search and Rescue has conducted multiple search missions looking for Danny since April in the Marcola area and surrounding public and private lands.

If you have seen Danny Oberg, please contact us at 541-682-4141.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Thank you for those of you dedicating the time to search for Danny.

My heart is aching for his family. The holiday season is upon us and sadly they have no news of their loved one.

Police forces really need to interrogate again the two men who went to Safeway with DO.

Thanks to the volunteers and staff who helped in that search last weekend. It is wonderful to see missing persons are not forgotten. It makes family & friends not to give up hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back