OR OR - Daniel Oberg, 28, Lane County, 22 April 2017

The FB group Find Danny Oberg is open again. Though it does seem to change from Private to Public A LOT. There is a candlelight vigil planned for tonight.

Has anyone else noticed that there are SO SO MANY people missing in Oregon? What is going on? :(

No kidding!! Most seem to be from the Portland area.

Is anyone here local to the Portland area? What seems to be the prevailing issue with missing persons in the area? Suicide? Drugs? Lost in the woods? Serial killer? The numbers are alarming.

Is anyone here local to the Portland area? What seems to be the prevailing issue with missing persons in the area? Suicide? Drugs? Lost in the woods? Serial killer? The numbers are alarming.

Suicide by jumping off one of the many bridges is so common it is not shocking here. It's not a rare occurrence that traffic is halted on one of the bridges while police attend to someone in distress. When someone does jump, the Willamette river takes them north towards the Columbia and it can take a while to find the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suicide by jumping off one of the many bridges is so common it is not shocking here. It's not a rare occurrence that traffic is halted on one of the bridges while police attend to someone in distress. When someone does jump, the Willamette river takes them north towards the Columbia and it can take a while to find the body.

That's what I think happened here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Columbia-River-Nike-shoe-Levi-Jeans-June-17

Is there any interest in working this case? Danny is still missing. I have traveled to Oregon to meet family as their Case manager with the non profit I work for. We could really use some help. I'm new to websleuths so excuse me if this isn't how it's done

attachment.php

Attachments

• Danny5.jpg
    Danny5.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 220
Did the males Danny was with also go missing? If not have they been interviewed by the Police? if so what was the outcome?

Did the males Danny was with also go missing? If not have they been interviewed by the Police? if so what was the outcome?

They didn't go missing. They went under the radar for a few days after Danny's disappearance however showed back up and knew "nothing". Haven't helped in searches or flyer events either.

So it sounds like he's from Sweet Home but was in Lane County in the Eugene/Springfield area... Marcola is a both a small town outside Springfield as well as a street in Springfield. There are 2 Safeway stores in thinking which could be they're referring to...One on Pioneer Parkway and Q street and the other farther out on main street and about 56th street I think, which I'm guessing is the one referred to but could be either really.

Marcola is the little rural area where Diane Downs shot her children before taking them the to McKenzie Willamette hospital in Springfield.

I hope this guy is found safe soon.

Danny was last seen at the Safeway in Sweet Home on video. His car was found in Marcola abandoned as were his dogs later. Lane county (Marcola) has the case however we believe Danny is missing out of linn county(Sweet Home)

I hope that Danny comes home :(

They didn't go missing. They went under the radar for a few days after Danny's disappearance however showed back up and knew "nothing". Haven't helped in searches or flyer events either.

That sounds bad :( I hope LE keeps the pressure on them and one of them will eventually 'remember' something.

Did Danny have any cash on him when he disappeared? Had he made any large withdrawals or notable purchases? What about text messages? Was he fishing or planning to fish? Was he invited by others or did he set up the meeting with the other individuals? Had his routine changed at all in the days or weeks before he disappeared? Had he sold anything before he disappeared? This sounds like retribution. It sounds like someone lured him somewhere with the intention of doing him harm. I'm thinking about motive. Money is always a possibility. But I don't know that he had much cash. Someone also could have been mad because he owed money or because they believed he had stolen something. I don't think he went off on his own. It seems that someone went to a good bit of trouble to leave his car in a random location.

If someone moved the car, would they have gone to the trouble of keeping the dogs with the car? I'm not sure.

Contrary to early reports, Daniel's dad has posted to Lane County Sheriff's Office FB page that Daniel did not go camping and all his camping gear is still home (but his fishing poles are gone).
https://www.facebook.com/LaneCounty...1385044541542022&comment_tracking={"tn":"R1"}

Also, according to this article:
"Daniel Oberg spoke with his father at about 7:30 a.m. Sunday and has not been heard from since, the father, Kenneth Oberg said Friday.
According to the Sheriff's Office, Oberg may be traveling with one or two other adult males and may have a white pit bull dog with him as well as a younger dog [one of which has been found, as per article posted by doodles].
Kenneth Oberg said it has been established that Daniel Oberg was in Safeway at 12:43 p.m. Sunday, April 23, 'with one kid' and walked out of the store with two other young men.
One could be Shaun Larsen, a former Sweet Home resident and a friend of his son, he said, adding that Larsen's mother told him she had not heard from her son in several days."
https://www.facebook.com/sweethomenews/posts/1704325792918173 (BBM)
(Sorry for posting the FB link only; if you go to the publisher's website, there is a paywall)

Interestingly, though, Mr. Larsen posted in the comment section on May 1st.

(I hope that it's OK to bring this up since his name is included in the article -if not, mods, please delete-, but there are a couple of things about SM's FB page that I find troubling ...).

Worried about Daniel and hoping that nothing bad has happened to him ....

Can you tell me more about what you found troubling? Curious if you removed since I'm sure a lot has been deleted by now.

Can you tell me more about what you found troubling? Curious if you removed since I'm sure a lot has been deleted by now.

Sorry. Curious if you *remember what you found troubling.

I didn't realize until talking with Mr flourish, who grew up in that area, that apparently you can get from sweet home into Marcola via Marcola road. Don't know that it matters just gave me better idea which way they'd traveled to get to Marcola area. Mr flourish has been to that area recently but hadn't seen anything about Daniel on the news and didn't remember seeing any flyers either.
:(
There was another guy who went missing in Eugene last December and was found in the river months later, then a teenager was partying with "friends," and supposedly fell in the river and friends got him out then he passed out and they left him in the bank. He either ended up back in the river or died on the bank. In any case, that area has sure had its share of tragedy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back