GUILTY OR - Heather Mallory, 32, Portland, 8 March 2008

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see anywhere were it says she was out partying until 7:30am. It said she socialized with friends the previous night and returned home at 7:30am. That doesn't necessarily mean she was partying until that time. Maybe they went out for a couple of cocktails and she decided to stay over at a friend's house rather than drive home after drinking.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see anywhere were it says she was out partying until 7:30am. It said she socialized with friends the previous night and returned home at 7:30am. That doesn't necessarily mean she was partying until that time. Maybe they went out for a couple of cocktails and she decided to stay over at a friend's house rather than drive home after drinking.

Masterj-I guess I made the "assumption" That is what was meant by socialized with friends. She is a 32 yo with a young child. I don't think that after being in school all day she was just hanging out watching tv. Maybe she did have a couple of cocktails and decided not to drive home (which if she had been drinking I am glad she didn't drive) that to me though is not someone who is responsible. She is a mom and should have been at home. I am speculating that is what they fought about. JMHO

IMO. Responsible or not...she pissed her husband off. I see motive for foul play there. No activity on her bank or credit accounts. No contact with friends or family. Hasn't been in school or to work. I also get the impression that if she was in school all day then went to work, that her shift was a late one. So if she got off work let's say at 2am then went out with co-workers, IMO, that wouldn't be unusual or irresponsible. Their hours are just different than most. And it's not like the child was left alone. He was with his father.

IMO. Responsible or not...she pissed her husband off. I see motive for foul play there. No activity on her bank or credit accounts. No contact with friends or family. Hasn't been in school or to work. I also get the impression that if she was in school all day then went to work, that her shift was a late one. So if she got off work let's say at 2am then went out with co-workers, IMO, that wouldn't be unusual or irresponsible. Their hours are just different than most. And it's not like the child was left alone. He was with his father.

I agree it is possible that she did piss her husband off and maybe there is motive for foul play. I guess as far as my parenting style goes after being in school all day and then going to work the last thing that I would do is go out with friends. I would want to go home and see my baby even if he/she was in bed. As a nurse I have spent most of my career working evenings or nights and I can say with all honesty that everyone I worked with went home after work. I do find the fact that she is missing and has not maintained contact to be suspicious but, I also find is peculiar that she went to school, work, out and then did not come home until 7:30am.

Husband makes plea for missing Portland woman
http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_031408_news_portland_woman_missing_argument.550b7cfc.html
Video at link but just her parents are on it. Why didn't they get him on video? Rats.

I think she just ran off. Staying out all night like that might be a big indicator she was with someone.... Well, I hope she's alive and comes home soon.

Hubby's myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/coledaddyo

She's a pretty girl. Looks much younger than 32 to me. I have so many questions. Did she call home after work to tell hubby she was going out with friends? What was she doing and who was she with until her 7:30AM return home?

"Based on information obtained from family and friends, investigators believe it is highly unusual for Heather to remain out of contact. She has been described as professional and responsible in her work habits. "

Is it just me, I guess I don't find a 32yo mother staying out partying with friends until 7:30am to be responsible. I am sure that she and her husband did have an arguement, I know that my husband and I would. I think it is likely that she is with whoever she may have been out with that night.

It was a weekend, and I'd need to know whether she informed hubby she was going out with friends or just pulled an all-nighter without contacting him. It "almost" sounds like she had contacted him to let him know she was going out, since he didn't freak out and start calling hospitals, etc. when she was late coming home after work. OR she did this often and he knew not to panic. Scenario #1: young mom partying with friends and responsibly informing hubby of that, Scenario #2: irresonsible mom/wife pulling another all nighter.

I sure wish we had more info.

Agreed. She may have stayed at a girlfriends house. The information is given to us by her husband. Who was the one that last saw her!

http://www.kptv.com/news/15629512/detail.html

18 March 08

The husband of a missing Portland woman made a plea for help Monday.

Brian Cole said he last saw his wife, Heather Mallory-Cole, at their apartment in southeast Portland on March 8.

Police said the pair had been in an argument just before Mallory-Cole took off. She hasn't been seen since then.

Detectives said there’s been no activity on her bank or credit cards and there have been no reported sightings.

more at link

She could have come home at 7:30am but that doesn't mean that she would just run off and leave her son, parents and all her other friends behind.
I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe she came home and that pushed the husband over the edge. She could have already been having falling outs with him and that's why she didn't come home until the next day.
I hope this is not what happened, but it's my gut feeling.

She could have come home at 7:30am but that doesn't mean that she would just run off and leave her son, parents and all her other friends behind.
I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe she came home and that pushed the husband over the edge. She could have already been having falling outs with him and that's why she didn't come home until the next day.
I hope this is not what happened, but it's my gut feeling.

bumping for Heather..

We are all going on the assumption that her husband's claim that she stayed out all night and returned home at 7:30 a.m. & they argued and she left is true..... is there any verification that she WAS actually gone all night or that she even came home the morning he claims that they argued?

I know this is going to sound way dumb here but how far is Portland from where Nicholas went missing? could they have met on line planned something and left together? maybe not just sounded kind of funny that she has a child and just left , he has two and another on the way and is just missing . almost the same time frame.

It seems weird that there aren't any friends that have been interveiwed to verify.

ya , if she stayed out all night with someone they should be able to come forward and say that

We are all going on the assumption that her husband's claim that she stayed out all night and returned home at 7:30 a.m. & they argued and she left is true..... is there any verification that she WAS actually gone all night or that she even came home the morning he claims that they argued?

You are right. So far that is all we know. I would think that LE has talked to the friends that she was supposed to be out with...what they were doing and what time she left to go home though. They would have to verify what her husband told them...I would think.

We don't know a whole lot about their marriage and how it was before she disappeared. It's hard to say if she just left after a big fight when she got home or if they had a big fight when she got home and something happened.

I wonder if there is a car missing...if her purse...cell phone...credit cards, etc are missing or if everything is still at home? She probably wouldn't have left without taking a car and her things.

This on the AMW site now:

>snip
On March 7, 2008, 32-year-old Heather Mallory-Cole attended culinary school and worked a full shift before going out for the night with a few friends. Portland cops say that when she returned home at 7:30 the next morning, she got into an argument with her husband, Brian Cole. Authorities say that Heather ended the argument by storming out of the house and hasn't been heard from since.
>snip

Please bring Heather home!

That new article says she didn't get home until 10:30??? I just don't understand why there isn't more out there - why aren't the friends she was out with talking? Unless they were doing something they shouldn't have been?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back