Found Deceased OR - Meighan Cordie, 27, Yamhill County, 18 Aug 2018

Nobody mentioned, but the DA also said that JW took muscle relaxers before the first polygraph, causing it to be inconclusive.
Found it:

“Weathers took one polygraph examination Tuesday, Aug. 21, and the results were inconclusive, according to Berry. She told the examiner she had taken a muscle relaxant the night before the test. She was scheduled to take a second exam, but never did, and has been uncooperative with authorities ever since, according to Berry.

‘We do not know all that happened,’ Berry said. ‘We do know she left the vehicle a second time and was killed instantly. There is no evidence of criminal conduct (beyond the DUII and recklessly endangering charges), and as a result, it’s been ruled an accidental death. It’s a tragic case with a lot of incomplete evidence.’”
Mother charged, but Cordie death ruled an accident

Sounds like the mom was going faster than 5mph. This link also has pictures of where she was found

DA: Mom charged with DUI, lied to investigators about missing daughter found dead

"Berry said investigators believe Cordie opened her car door while Weathers was accelerating onto the Highway 18 on-ramp. He said officials do not know whether she lost her balance and fell out or purposely jumped out.

It does not look like she was pushed out, he added.

She died instantly after she struck the barrier and rolled down the embankment."

BBM

“District attorney news release in Cordie death”
KLYC

The release says she was definitively in the back seat. At the press conference when a reporter asked how they knew, he indicated G provided information that helped them understand the situation. I wish they released the evidence that shows they are 100% sure! Were JW's fingerprints on the insider passenger door at all?

Why would MC open the door on a curve on a highway on-ramp? Maybe to get out before the car would be going faster on the highway? I don't know, it doesn't seem like the best place to get out.

This may be a dumb question but wouldn't the mother have had to stop to close the back door? Did she just drive home with the back door open 3 feet from her granddaughter?

There is nothing about any of this plot twisting or tale telling that leads me to believe that doors were ever closed, seatbelts used, or that the child was secured in a restraining device.

I don't get the feeling that there was even enough time in those long 9 miles to sort out any safety precautions as all of the focus was on attempting to manage the drunk driver's poor life choices, and access an alternative solution on the fly.

Yes, I've been held hostage by my mother in a 4 generation manic car race against all reason & sanity. At no stage did I believe any of us were going to survive it. I know this now, because it was starkly terrifying, and that frozen horror and dread about what to do and any opportunity that presented itself was anxiously awaited... this sort of experience has a way of cementing itself like mental peanut butter to one's brainstem.

My guess (IMO, JMO, etc etc) is Meighan was also intoxicated. Because why wouldn’t she drive if her mom was so drunk? Maybe mom insisted on driving. But I bet they were both pretty drunk.

And, maybe Meighan realized just how bad it was as they were driving and arguing and opened the door to force her mom to stop. Mom didn’t stop though because she’s horrible.

And why would she leave her 3 year old daughter with her drunk mother driving onto the highway?

That part keeps bothering me, too.

Perhaps Meighan asked Jennifer to pull over, so that she and her daughter could get out of the car.

Jennifer starts to decelerate. Thinking that the car will soon come to a stop, Meighan goes ahead and opens the door (she was very eager to get herself and her daughter out of the car, IMO). Meighan believes Jennifer will wait (as any sane person would) while she gets her daughter out of the car (most people get out of the car first before unbuckling a child) and gathers her belongings (they were in the front seat), she starts to leave the car.

Being drunk and not knowing what the he** she is doing, instead of coming to a complete stop, Jennifer begins to accelerate, causing Meighan to be thrown out of the car (DA’s statement reads “The injuries to Meghan are consistent with her leaving the inside of the car, in that curve, but at a much higher rate of speed [“5 mph”] than described by Ms. Weathers”).

Realizing that the door on the Meighan’s side of the car is still open, Jennifer pulls over, shuts it and continues on her way home, while Meighan lies out in the cold, bleeding to death. Jennifer won’t dare look for Meighan: She is too busy saving her own *advertiser censored**, instead of her daughter’s life. I’m sorry for all the language in this post. I’m just very, very mad at this cold-blooded, selfish, stupid P*S.

I just hope and pray Little G gets a lot of love and proper help. She is three (I’ve also seen 3 1/2), so she will remember, IMO.

And why would she leave her 3 year old daughter with her drunk mother driving onto the highway?

Yes this is a mess...actually both mothers in this tragic case seem to have left their daughters in horrible and dangerous situations, the way it has been explained. Seems like there was no plan dor a designated driver, and neither woman refrained from drinking even though they had a toddler with them.

I agree that its impossible to understand her mother just leaving her there to die. Driving home and presumably putting the toddler to bed.

For my part I suspect that MC had also been drinking - clearly thats why they argued about who would was going to drive beforehand. And MC still got in the car with her daughter and despite her Mum being very intoxicated by all accounts. No doubt thats why the argument got out of hand in the car.

But I'm wondering about the boyfriend. Did he try and follow up with MC or her Mum that they'd got home safely after hearing the row and did he check up on her in the morning? Did he get in touch with Police straight away when he realised that after the row he heard MC was missing?

Sounds like the mom was going faster than 5mph. This link also has pictures of where she was found

DA: Mom charged with DUI, lied to investigators about missing daughter found dead

"Berry said investigators believe Cordie opened her car door while Weathers was accelerating onto the Highway 18 on-ramp. He said officials do not know whether she lost her balance and fell out or purposely jumped out.

It does not look like she was pushed out, he added.

She died instantly after she struck the barrier and rolled down the embankment."

BBM

She lied when she said her daughter got out and walked away. She lied when she said she stopped got out and looked for her. She let her daughters body lay there. SMH.

I wonder if this lady has a rap sheet and what it looks like.

She lied when she said her daughter got out and walked away. She lied when she said she stopped got out and looked for her. She let her daughters body lay there. SMH.

I wonder if this lady has a rap sheet and what it looks like.

and she continued to lie while searchers looked for her "missing" daughter for days.

Omg. The DA really wanted the public to know what a digusting person JW is.

That's the only reason I think the DA really honestly does not believe he can meet the elements of a homicide charge. I have never seen a press conference like that, naming and describing lies, obstruction, and cruelty, with a no charges announcement. I think he did everything he could within his ethical obligations to try to hold JW responsible.

At least the community now knows what type of person she is. Even if she was very drunk that night, she was not drunk for the next weeks that she misled investigators and left her daughter's body to rot. If she had any ounce of compassion in her she would have went to the police station the next day and told them exactly what happened and started looking for a serious in-patient alcoholism treatment program. There is no excuse for this. Frankly, there's no excuse for not pulling over immediately and calling 911. What mother would even care about a DUI charge if there was a chance to save her daughter's life? It is the lying and deception and cruelty that makes the whole thing unfathomable.

Omg. The DA really wanted the public to know what a digusting person JW is.
I lived in Oregon for a long time. I remember the public sentiment generally being pretty “Golden Rule” oriented. It’s the kind of state where nice people let you merge onto the freeway. So if the DA in this situation knew he could not prosecute JW, I could see the DA giving a press conference so that the court of public opinion would hold sway. And suddenly all of those nice people would get angry and take a very specific side. Just my opinion. IMO MOO

I am sure they looked and tried to find any evidence they possibly could, but I wonder if there is any way at all to know if JW slowed down and then sped up on that curve. If MC fell out of the car, she did not have her seatbelt on. Did she normally wear a seatbelt? If she always wears a seatbelt, could they try to show that the car must have slowed down where she took her seatbelt off ready to get out of the car and then JW slammed on the accelerator as she was getting out of the car?

I have been stewing about this all day and night. I just don't believe it was an accident! Even if MC was very drunk how many people would jump out of a car moving at 40mph with her daughter still in the car? Bah!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back