Found Deceased OR - Meighan Cordie, 27, Yamhill County, 18 Aug 2018

This is JMO but y'all are doubting the power of alcohol. People can and WILL do ANYTHING while drunk. They would jump out of a moving car, they would drive with car doors open, they would drive off and honestly assume the person was fine bc being drunk alters your perception. Not saying what she did was right at all btw, it was totally wrong but unfortunately not legally.

This is JMO but y'all are doubting the power of alcohol. People can and WILL do ANYTHING while drunk. They would jump out of a moving car, they would drive with car doors open, they would drive off and honestly assume the person was fine bc being drunk alters your perception. Not saying what she did was right at all btw, it was totally wrong but unfortunately not legally.

Alcohol has nothing to do with intentionally obstructing a law enforcement investigation for weeks after the incident by intentionally lying to police about what happened and then refusing to cooperate with the investigation.

Alcohol has nothing to do with intentionally obstructing a law enforcement investigation for weeks after the incident by intentionally lying to police about what happened and then refusing to cooperate with the investigation.

In a sense, if she’s an alcoholic, dishonesty goes hand in hand with the condition, drunk or sober. Just based on my own experience with my Dad. The fifth step of AA involves honesty, so it’s part of recovery because alcoholics are usually masters of deceit. Of course, we don’t know that she is an alcoholic, but if she is, obstructing the investigation would come with the territory. And in no way does it excuse what she did. I hope there is a way to charge her, but even if not, she will carry this to her grave. If she is an alcoholic, I hope it’s “hitting bottom” for her and that she is motivated to do the work it takes to gain sobriety.
JMO

Some people say they are outraged that it appears Weathers won't face charges in Meighan's death.

Vanessa Hawkins helped organize the search for Meighan, was in court, and believes Weathers lied to her.

“The next night, after her daughter had died, she lied to me three times when we were trying to help her find her. Yeah, and so I knew, I knew right then I told everybody - I even told one of the sheriffs - I said 'something's not right,’” remembers Hawkins.
Mother of woman found dead in Yamhill Co. appears on DUII, reckless endangerment charges

Some people say they are outraged that it appears Weathers won't face charges in Meighan's death.

Vanessa Hawkins helped organize the search for Meighan, was in court, and believes Weathers lied to her.

“The next night, after her daughter had died, she lied to me three times when we were trying to help her find her. Yeah, and so I knew, I knew right then I told everybody - I even told one of the sheriffs - I said 'something's not right,’” remembers Hawkins.
Mother of woman found dead in Yamhill Co. appears on DUII, reckless endangerment charges
BBM
Wow, that right there just turns my stomach. How could she (drunk or sober) leave her daughter out there not knowing if she was alive or dead? :( A second polygraph just isn't going to fix that for me.

MOO

Meighan Cordie's mom, accused of DUII, considering program aimed at first-time offenders
A King City woman who authorities say was driving drunk when her adult daughter got out the moving car and died upon hitting the roadway will consider entering a diversion program for first-time drunken driving offenders, her lawyer says.

A judge would ultimately decide whether she's eligible for the program, which includes drug and alcohol assessment and treatment, and installing a device on the driver's car that requires them to blow into a mouthpiece while sober to start the vehicle.

A judge could dismiss the driving under the influence charge upon successful completion of the program.

Meighan Cordie's mom, accused of DUII, considering program aimed at first-time offenders
A King City woman who authorities say was driving drunk when her adult daughter got out the moving car and died upon hitting the roadway will consider entering a diversion program for first-time drunken driving offenders, her lawyer says.

A judge would ultimately decide whether she's eligible for the program, which includes drug and alcohol assessment and treatment, and installing a device on the driver's car that requires them to blow into a mouthpiece while sober to start the vehicle.

A judge could dismiss the driving under the influence charge upon successful completion of the program.

That's not gonna stop her from driving someone's else's car. She needs to be in jail first then rehab.

That's not gonna stop her from driving someone's else's car. She needs to be in jail first then rehab.
Completely agree. Also from the article:

“Attorney Walter Todd said Thursday that he believes Jennifer Weathers is eligible for the year-long program, but the Yamhill County District Attorney's Office plans to object if she petitions to go through diversion, saying she should be disqualified because her alleged offense was committed with her 3-year-old granddaughter in the car.

[SBM]

Todd said Thursday there was ‘no intentional misleading’ on Weathers' part and said he disagreed that Weathers still isn't willing to undergo a second polygraph.

But at the end of the day, none of that is relevant to the allegation of driving under the influence of intoxicants and reckless endangering,’ Todd said. ‘You can't polygraph whether you were driving under the influence of intoxicants. Polygraphs are not set up for that.’” (BBM)

I’m speechless ....

One thing I find a little puzzling is the Mum's suggestion that after Meighan jumped out of the moving car she circled back to see if she could see her (but didnt stop and get out). I agree that it is supremely cold to not stop and get out and to then drive home. But, as far as I could tell the place where the incident happened and Meighan died looked like a ramp to me onto a highway (because of its curved shape). If that's correct, I'd find it hard to imagine someone being able to circle round to look for her. Maybe I wrong about it being a ramp (or a one way road) and that she wouldn't have circled it being at night and with few other vehicles around. But my gut suggests she didn't really look for her daughter at all.

One thing I find a little puzzling is the Mum's suggestion that after Meighan jumped out of the moving car she circled back to see if she could see her (but didnt stop and get out). I agree that it is supremely cold to not stop and get out and to then drive home. But, as far as I could tell the place where the incident happened and Meighan died looked like a ramp to me onto a highway (because of its curved shape). If that's correct, I'd find it hard to imagine someone being able to circle round to look for her. Maybe I wrong about it being a ramp (or a one way road) and that she wouldn't have circled it being at night and with few other vehicles around. But my gut suggests she didn't really look for her daughter at all.
If she was flat out drunk, it may be possible that she didn’t remember much at all. Saying she circled around may have been a purely self-serving assertion. It doesn’t make it any better but I get the vibe she had more than just a few drinks and we all know what alcohol-induced impairment can do. Her driving away without checking for Meighan can be attributed to alcohol intoxication IMO. That being said, her driving drunk endangering her daughter and granddaughter and her actions after the fact speak volumes about her.

If she was flat out drunk, it may be possible that she didn’t remember much at all. Saying she circled around may have been a purely self-serving assertion. It doesn’t make it any better but I get the vibe she had more than just a few drinks and we all know what alcohol-induced impairment can do. Her driving away without checking for Meighan can be attributed to alcohol intoxication IMO. That being said, her driving drunk endangering her daughter and granddaughter and her actions after the fact speak volumes about her.

This is what I was trying to say but couldn't find the words!

Thank you, JerseyGirl.

From the article:
The daughter of Clackamas Fire Captain TC, Meighan Cordie lived in the Salem area and worked as a licensed esthetician at a spa in Tigard. Her Instagram feed prominently features Gia — hugging Minnie Mouse on a trip to Disneyland, frowning in her car seat and splayed out in the grass at the wedding.

"I love this girl," Cordie wrote in the caption hours before her death.

:(

I didn’t realize the granddaughter was in the car! Is she old enough to speak? If so, what does she say happened? Did she cry to her grandmother, “stop the car momny fell out?”

I didn’t realize the granddaughter was in the car! Is she old enough to speak? If so, what does she say happened? Did she cry to her grandmother, “stop the car momny fell out?”

Apparently she has told investigators that mommy fell out of the car. Thats seems to be the evidence they used to decide what charges to file.

Apparently she has told investigators that mommy fell out of the car. Thats seems to be the evidence they used to decide what charges to file.

"Fell"
Fell backward at high speed, and her mother driving didn't notice and then looked for her then went home forgot to call the police.
Not buying the story at all.
What a great grandmother!
Hopefully, this poor child is NOT raised by this grandmother.

"Fell"
Fell backward at high speed, and her mother driving didn't notice and then looked for her then went home forgot to call the police.
Not buying the story at all.
What a great grandmother!
Hopefully, this poor child is NOT raised by this grandmother.

Currently there is a no contact order and she's been charged with reckless endangerment for drunk driving with her granddaughter in the car. Little, but at least it's something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back