OR - Militia members occupy federal building in Oregon after protest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it could be a response to the BLM employee torching on of the landowners homes. Not sure but maybe.That does not make it right .Also The BLM went in armed . Before all this.
Source for this allegation?

The BLM is trying to take land from many people and every one is mad. The media is making it appear they are crazy loons and it seems people dont care as long as it isnt their property being taken or their rights being imposed on.

That is the simple version .

The BLM isn't taking land from anyone, some people don't want to pay the Government to graze their stock on Government land.

Who posted them?

There are some posted by unicorns and then some posted by people following the events .It has been a minute since I looked at a it but just last month this was printed this article about the land grab , as far as the alledged BLM crimes, I agree it could be spin ,I tend to believe some of it based on a live feed I saw during the last stand off.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/is-the-bureau-of-land-management-attempting-a-land-grab-on-the-red-river/

So is this not a pretty big federal crime? And why haven't Feds gone in and arrested these persons who are committing a crime?

I will say I am relieved there are no hostages.

Humpf. Here in SoCal fire is very, very dangerous. I have no sympathy for poachers who set fires to cover up their poaching.

Also have no time for grown men who seem to be stomping their feet and shouting loudly just because they think they should be able to have free grazing and water wherever they feel like.

This whole situation would be laughable if they weren't armed to the teeth. All my sympathy goes to the good folk of Harney County.

JMO, obviously.

So is this not a pretty big federal crime? And why haven't Feds gone in and arrested these persons who are committing a crime?

I didn't even think of that! That is something to be thankful for.

It appears they are trying to wait these guys out. The last thing they want is lives lost do to this foolishness. These folks will be charged with a federal crime whether it ends today or in a month. After all, if the feds move in and someone dies, IMO it will be looked at as the feds fault.

Bundy said of the park headquarters: "It is the people's facility, owned by the people, and it has been provided for us to be able to come together and unite in making a hard stand against this overreach, this taking of the people's land and resources."

Wow. So 'the people' pay for a wildlife refuge office, but these dudes think they can take it over for their own political purposes? With that logic they could take over schools and hospitals and use them for other purposes. It's all rather embarrassing for them if you ask me. Fascinating though.

I moved here from a state that had a reputation for stand offs and white supremacist militias and enjoyed this state being more like Saturday market and drum circles, brah!

Armed protesters occupying a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon—including three sons of a Nevada rancher who battled with the government in 2014—warned Sunday that any use of force by law enforcement agencies would be “putting lives at risk.”

Um, so are they threatening to kill LE or innocent citizens? Or themselves? Either way, that just really pizzed me off.

Go get 'em Feds.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/0...a-occupy-oregon-wildlife-refuge-building.html

It appears they are trying to wait these guys out. The last thing they want is lives lost do to this foolishness. These folks will be charged with a federal crime whether it ends today or in a month. After all, if the feds move in and someone dies, IMO it will be looked at as the feds fault.

To me, just the fact that they FOR SURE are armed, and have actually threatened that lives will be lost if LE interferes, warrants a strong and swift show of force.

I've read just today of much more aggressive LE actions against much less clear-cut circumstances.

It's almost like these guys are daring LE to do something.

Peltier elaborated on her encounters in a phone interview Sunday with The Oregonian/OregonLive, saying some in the group are armed and others are not. She said protesters are moving freely in and out of the facility and are bringing children onto the grounds Sunday. The Oregonian/OregonLive was unable to confirm whether children were with the protesters.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...militants_in_high_spiri.html#incart_big-photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6