OR OR - Union Co, Finley Creek Jane Doe, UnsFem 14-25, UP11902, preg, on wooded hillside, Aug'78

Bumping for Finley Creek Jane Doe, who has been unidentified for 39 years today.

I would, but there's no way to rule her out or in.

LE may have further info we don't know about or that they can get from the family - like getting family to identify clothing etc.

Does anyone by some chance know where this girl is buried if she was? I've been looking through cemetery records from that area but haven't had any luck so far.

Does anyone by some chance know where this girl is buried if she was? I've been looking through cemetery records from that area but haven't had any luck so far.
I would think that some counties would have paupers graves fit Jane does that might not be listed in cemetery records? You could email the county coroners offuce and check?

The other nearby towns have only a couple hundred people each. If she was from that area and had been reported she definitely wouldn't still be a Doe, as there probably aren't many pregnant girls of that age and description that go missing from a fairly small community at the same time. I just can't shake the feeling that this is an unreported missing local girl.

Assuming the remains included at least some bones from the foetus, it would be interesting to run DNA on them and see if anything comes up. Pregnant women seem to be most at risk from the father of the baby who doesn't want the hassle or responsibility of parenthood, especially if he has much to lose. And isotope analysis of her as well, of course, to see if she was reasonably local.

The other thought that comes to mind is whether this is (or was at the time) an area where there would have been a seasonal migrant workforce she might have belonged to, especially as her race has not been determined.

Assuming the remains included at least some bones from the foetus, it would be interesting to run DNA on them and see if anything comes up. Pregnant women seem to be most at risk from the father of the baby who doesn't want the hassle or responsibility of parenthood, especially if he has much to lose. And isotope analysis of her as well, of course, to see if she was reasonably local.

The other thought that comes to mind is whether this is (or was at the time) an area where there would have been a seasonal migrant workforce she might have belonged to, especially as her race has not been determined.

I think that's a good idea as she currently has no DNA on file, probably because her body needs to be exhumed. I don't know if they would be able to get DNA from the fetus 39 years later, even though it was estimated that her pregnancy was quite advanced at the time of her death. A sad fact is that one of the leading causes of death for pregnant women is murder, often at the hands of the father of the child. Isotope tests could only help; one of the reasons behind my thinking in that post was because of the remoteness of the area where she was discovered. I'm thinking that either only locals or someone who was familiar with the area would think of it. I know there is no definitive proof that she was the victim of foul play, but combine the circumstances above with where she died/was found makes it obviously suspicious. I still think that if she was murdered, the perpetrator likely had ties to the area and there's a good chance she did as well.

*Very* unlikely given the distance, but I was looking at people missing from Canada for another UID case and came across a Debra Deane Richardson,17, missing from Gimli, Manitoba since October 1972 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2330dfmb.html. She was pregnant at the time of her disappearance, how far along is unclear. Her stats list her as having blonde hair and blue eyes, being between 5'2"-5'4" tall, and weighing around 115 pounds. Not many details available but the few that are tell an odd story. Debra wasn't reported missing for approximately ten years after she was last seen and I don't believe the report was filed by a family member, at least initially. She was there visiting her brother and had been staying with him about three months when he claims that the last time he saw her, she told him that she planned on hitchhiking to Winnipeg and he dropped her off by the highway so she could. This was the last contact any of her family had with her and no one has seen her since. Debra doesn't currently have a thread but is mentioned in a few others.

Debra Deane Richardson now has her own thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?351854-CANADA-Debra-Deane-Richardson-17-Gimli-MB-October-1972.

A little more about Linda: She had a history of running away from her Yakima, Washington home so at the time she went missing it probably wasn't initially taken seriously. At the time of her disappearance she was approximately 15 years old, had brown hair and eyes, and was about 5' tall and 125 pounds. There currently are no photos available of her. It is thought that she could possibly be a Green River victim but this hasn't been confirmed or ruled out definitively yet.

Finley Creek Jane Doe has been unidentified for 40 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back