Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 2m2 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius Roux: you now adding information to make the incident seem worse. BB

Roux back to himself as obfuscating witness rattler. Minimising. Discrediting the witness. Nurse manager backs down

OP close up - looks like he did in trial 1. Following the evidence but not very happy.

Feed dropping out too often to tell whether Roux's cross is really effective here.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m1 minute ago
#OscarPistorius Mashabane being questioned on the second incident - where OP wanted feedback on his supplement request. BB

I talked to a person who works in refuge about this.

Almost certainly misogynist. The mother thing is a common trait with such people.

It's a trope that is actually frequently riffed in pop culture - e.g Tony Soprano

Women are either the Virgin Mary like their own mother or *advertiser censored*.

#OscarPistorius Mashabane being questioned on the second incident - where OP wanted feedback on his supplement request. BB

Good grief this is a load of nonsense

The man was in prison for god's sake

So people think prisoners just get whatever they want?

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 3m3 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius Mashabane: when I said I didn’t have feedback, he changed his tone - he started banging table with his diary. BB

#OscarPistorius Mashabane: says OP was shaking with anger.
Roux - you didn’t say that earlier. BB

I think, and I stand ready to be corrected, = Ciprolex.... phonetic spelling..

Oh, I thought it was some sort of supplement. I was beginning to think maybe his cousin (the doctor who prescribed it) might be prescribing something other than his drugs for depression.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 29s30 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius Mashabane refused to give OP the Voltaren his family brought him because it had not been prescribed. BB

Can discern a little bit of the old shrewdness in OP despite efforts to maintain the feigned droopy eyed look.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 57s57 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius Roux says OP believed his hand was broken and Mashabane refused his request for an X-ray.
She denies this. BB

Good grief this is a load of nonsense

The man was in prison for god's sake

So people think prisoners just get whatever they want?

I'm thinking Oscar was having a smooth ride in the prison in Pretoria.... If he'd been in Angola State Prison , Louisiana, different story... Oscar would have had a fully loaded and cocked Glock down his throat at the first sign of disobedience....

M
ashabane refused to give OP the Voltaren his family brought him because it had not been prescribed. BB

Roux sounds incredulous: we could walk to a pharmacy now and get Voltaren, he tells her. His hand was fractured and you would not let him have an x-ray, only “rub-rub”.

No, no, Mashabane replies. It was an old injury. The remedy she gave him assisted him. She doesn’t know why Pistorius is changing his statement now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...cing-hearing-reeva-steenkamp?CMP=share_btn_tw

#OscarPistorius OP was given something called “rub-rub” ointment for his injured hand.
Mashabane asked to point this out on register. BB

Brilliant

very candidly , she changes her mind, well yes he is a violent person.
Bit of laughter in court.

#OscarPistorius Roux asks whether OP is violent.
Mashabane says no, before changing her evidence - “actually he is”. BB

Roux made a bit of headway and then Charlotte ripped the rug out from Roux's feet again.. Roux just cannot get this woman to (a) shutup or (b) say what he wants her to say about Oscar ( that Oscar is a pussycat).. she just wont go there, and she is making life really hard for Roux..... if only he could hornswoggle her like he does other women witnesses!!..

Roux trying to get some specific threats made by OP to her.
She does say she was frightened. She has to be calm and not show it with patients and let the patient talk to you.

That tack isn't working for him, so Roux switches to the OP "get out" morning incident and implies OP only shouted as he was protecting his modesty.

R Can you remember when you had to apologise, he was in underpants, he said get out, he had to cover himself
M Noo that's not true
(Stifled laughter in court)
R He covered his head. What was wearing?
M He was in his blankets. It was not open.he covered his head with the blanket when he told me to get out.

Roux: I’m still trying to understand the purpose of your evidence … Are you coming to tell the court that he’s a violent person?

Mashabane: I’m not coming to tell the court that he’s a violent-

Roux: So I can exclude that?

Mashabane: He is actually, sometimes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...cing-hearing-reeva-steenkamp?CMP=share_btn_tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member