Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for Anna....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

No new info in this article, although the emphasis on her husband and how he has/ has not behaved is interesting:
http://6abc.com/news/police-search-home-of-missing-malvern-woman/2237406/
Actually this article says that the police were allowed into the home prior to the attorney involvement. Wonder why they didn't check at that time.
Also didn't an initial article say the family (Anna's mom & someone else) came from Poland & stayed at the home the week after she was missing? I would think if any major clues, they would have noticed. Regardless, hope there is a thorough search & praying for anything that can help bring Anna home!!!

Actually this article says that the police were allowed into the home prior to the attorney involvement. Wonder why they didn't check at that time.
Also didn't an initial article say the family (Anna's mom & someone else) came from Poland & stayed at the home the week after she was missing? I would think if any major clues, they would have noticed. Regardless, hope there is a thorough search & praying for anything that can help bring Anna home!!!

The 1st time was right afterwards to check w/husband to ask if she had been home. They did not & were not permitted to search.

The NBC article states, "It was the first time state police searched the home, investigators said."

Agreed. I was wondering why they didn't search when they were "allowed". guess they needed enough time/reason to?

What is Anna's Instagram link?

What is Anna's Instagram link?
If Anna communicated with friends on Instagram on 3/29, and she's fluent in Polish language, she would not need to use a translator to build sentences. I wonder if that's the type of thing they are looking for on those computers taken from the home.

If Anna communicated with friends on Instagram on 3/29, and she's fluent in Polish language, she would not need to use a translator to build sentences. I wonder if that's the type of thing they are looking for on those computers taken from the home.

Great point!!!! This was so smart of you to think of!

Now I'm curious what LE might have found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great point!!!! This was so smart of you to think of!

Now I'm curious what LE might have found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the first time in many years I am glad about lack of standards on the internet and its security/privacy being a mess. It is literally impossible to hide a digital trace now days. Most apps store location, parse all text, look at photos and then back-up the data to aggregate it later in their databases. Whether we know about it or not our data travels and lives in the data clouds, so erasing it from the device is not enough. In addition, all websites create temp files and often in the most peculiar places. Re-installing apps or even OS does get rid of a trace! There are hundreds of clues on home computers and elsewhere to fill in the gaps in whatever the husband knows but did not come forward with. He should be very scared now, if he did not tell the whole truth about reasons for Anna's absence.

Having said all that I am really hopeful she is alive, well and has disappeared on her own will and as a result of a stress. Perhaps, unable to cope with life challenges... I did not know her, but feel so close.

Respectfully snipped

Because when LE first was allowed into the home, it was (and technically still is as far as we have been made aware by LE and the media) a missing person case, not a criminal case. Of course this is all subject to change without notice at any time.

Without a body, they had to build a very good justification for a physical search of the residence. It is good that they took the time to (hopefully) get it right so the evidence won't get tossed. I think the affidavit is probably hundreds of pages long. It is frustrating, but would be worse if they lost evidence later due to a faulty affidavit of probable cause. The length of time missing is, in and of itself, once piece of justification, but not enough.

I know computers were taken. Were gps history on cars or phones collected, or did dogs also search at the home? Did they search the property for signs of burial?

I know computers were taken. Were gps history on cars or phones collected, or did dogs also search at the home? Did they search the property for signs of burial?
Unless someone were to go through incredible heroics, a forensic retrieval of the car information should at least reveal when that car arrived where it was found. It is very possible that historical information is available. Much like trying to clean up a crime scene is detectable, so too is manipulating, deleting or otherwise obfuscating information available from the computer systems within a modern vehicle.

I would expect PSP to have forensically recovered information from the systems of Anna's Audi or to have determined if someone had attempted heroics.

Some information I wanted to add for sleuths to make use of in examining this case. The daily weather summary of precipitation and temperature from March and April. This gives some sense of the conditions and some insight into the muddiness of the ground based on how much rain occurred on a given day. I don't know that it will be any factor in this case but I wanted to bring it up because it can be a valuable resource in any case you might pursue. This link is to a PDF of the weather information on my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx0LL2gY_AorcnVIeFhxa2ZrOTg

You can obtain all kinds of historical weather information - including radar images at 5 minute intervals - from the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Like anything else there can be a learning curve associated with figuring out how to best isolate what you want to get. Some of the information is displayable and usable online and other data requests are processed and a link to the data file is emailed to you when the processing is finished. Depending on how much data you request and the time range and, of course, the requests made by others the response time for the non-interactive data can be minutes or hours. The link below will take you to the main Data Access page.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member