GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! That is the sticking point. If things happen as I speculated above that would mean this person indeed knew there was going to be a sub that day.

It sure would help to know if the sub was anticipated. That would tell us something right there as to exactly how inside this thing is. IF this person knew about the sub then there is no way a total stranger pulled this off, this person knows this family or this school intimately. MOO IMO Cows etc ad infinitum

I don't think they had to know beforehand, it may have been a massive stroke of luck that lead to a change in strategy. Say it was someone who knew the usual teacher was female, or overheard him announcing he was taking the class that day - very easy to change your spiel on the spot. Either extremely well prepared by someone in the know or in the know legitimately.

I don't wish to be an alarmist... But could the "baby bump" have actually been concealed weapons to be used had "Tiffany's" plan not run as smoothly as she had hoped?

:what:

Just a thought...

I really have no ideas here, just scrolling through everything quickly...

But came and checked WS because the Amber Alert banner is constantly streaming on FoxPhilly...

I really don't remember a constant stream like that, even when Hurricane Sandy was on the way..

Thanks to Mayor Nutter for presumably elevating the focus and status...

Hope this helps out and works out....

School safety is far from where they should be! Just last year I was an intern with Oregon's child welfare. They had me take foster kids to and from all sorts of appointments.
One time I was sent to an elementary school, and while I was looking for the school's office, I missed it and walked down a hallway of classrooms still looking. A little girl (6 or 7 at the most) came out of class headed to the bathroom, and asked me if she could help me. I told her I was looking for the office. She led me back down the hall, and the door to the office was RIGHT NEXT to the exit.
After I had time to think about it, I was very troubled that I, a total stranger never having been to the school before, was allowed to roam the halls, and walk and talk with a student, without any adult questioning me. And on top of that, I was able to get THAT close to the exit with a student.
I was horrified thinking, what if I had been some sicko looking for a little girl? It was that experience that opened my eyes to just how easy the Kyron abduction could have been, and now this.
On top of all that, when I got into the office, to get the foster kid I was there for, I wasn't even asked for ID!! I eventually offered it, once they had already sent someone to fetch the kid.

I sure hope you are wrong :( I don't like this one either. Bad feel.

I hope I am too. We've had enough heartbreak lately with Jade, Leah and Dontrell. Maybe we only have a bad feeling about this one because we have came to expect the worst.

I don't think this was random though. This woman was too comfortable in the school and knew who she could tell what lie to without raising suspicions. I don't think we are going to be surprised by the "who", IMO there will be a legit connection or relationship to the family.

Originally Posted by katydid23
That sounds very realistic. I can see her doing this in the office. But I still want to know how she KNEW there was a substitute that day.

Would she really have gone to the real teacher and tried to pretend to be N's mommy? Surely the teacher would know it wasn't her.

I've been wondering since I first read about this if anyone has talked to the real teacher yet. I'd be interested in knowing if it was a planned absence, if she's sick or had an accident, if she had mentioned to anyone that she planned to be gone, etc. It still feels to me like someone connected to the school in some way, or at least to an employee of the school, almost has to be involved.

I'm usually a person who ignores coincidences. I usually consider them to be just that, but it's hard to believe in this case. I find it especially hard to believe that:

1. The person just got lucky that there was a substitute teacher that day.
2. The person just happened to get to the office at about the same time as the mother dropped the kids off, but wasn't seen by her/them(?)
3. The person guessed which classroom to go to.
4. The person just happened to dress similarly to the mother.
5. Nailla didn't seem to show any fear of the person or surprise at seeing her.
6. That the name used was the same as the uncle's girlfriend, and similar sounding to the mother's.
Possibly other things, but these stood out the most.

Just read about this for what it's worth I think this person knows the family well ... Well enough to know their religious beliefs they have been in that school before I've gone to my nephews school and had no clue where his class room was at I hope she is found safe but just by closing in on the families associates they should narrow down who has her this person knew her name knew her classroom knew how her mother dressed and felt confident enough to walk in and out with her knowing the little girl wouldn't make a fuss I'd be asking my friends and associates who they know didn't show up for work or is missing themselves

I hope I am too. We've had enough heartbreak lately with Jade, Leah and Dontrell. Maybe we only have a bad feeling about this one because we have came to expect the worst.

I don't think this was random though. This woman was too comfortable in the school and knew who she could tell what lie to without raising suspicions. I don't think we are going to be surprised by the "who", IMO there will be a legit connection or relationship to the family.

Yup. I think this is an 'inside' job by someone close to the family. This was not a random unplanned abduction by someone just winging it. Which scares me because they probably had a great hiding place all set up and ready to go.

I wish we knew more about the situation with her dad.

WOW! So scary! Hope this one has a good outcome.

In my heart, I don't feel like this was an abduction for sexual abuse. Maybe I am just in denial---but this doesn't feel like that to me. It feels more like someone wanted to take the child and raise her themselves.

But if the older brother has the same father, then that makes no sense that he would be involved. So who?

Are there any grandparents that have been estranged?

I really have no ideas here, just scrolling through everything quickly...

But came and checked WS because the Amber Alert banner is constantly streaming on FoxPhilly...

I really don't remember a constant stream like that, even when Hurricane Sandy was on the way..

Thanks to Mayor Nutter for presumably elevating the focus and status...

Hope this helps out and works out....

It is nice to have the reward offered on day one. Maybe the reward will help solve this. I sure hope little Nailia is safe. She is so tiny - 35 lbs. Praying for good news soon.

In my heart, I don't feel like this was an abduction for sexual abuse. Maybe I am just in denial---but this doesn't feel like that to me. It feels more like someone wanted to take the child and raise her themselves.

But if the older brother has the same father, then that makes no sense that he would be involved. So who?

Are there any grandparents that have been estranged?

Where did you learn about her brother? I have not read about siblings.
Hopefully, we can get information about the father … is he even in the picture?

Eight months pregnant now makes me suspicious of these women who steal infants are have fooled everyone they know into thinking they are pregnant. Perhaps shes' building a ' pseudo' family for herself that shes' obsessed over or something. Good grief. Come home baby girl!
For some reason even though it's horrible , I feel like this little girl will be safe. Seems like someone wanted her for a child and n ot for nefarious reasons. I 'm reading way too much into way too little, I guess.

Women who pretend to be pregnant would kidnap an infant. It wouldn't be possible to present a five year old as an infant.

Where did you learn about her brother? I have not read about siblings.
Hopefully, we can get information about the father … is he even in the picture?

He is mentioned in one of the earlier articles by the mom herself. He goes to the same school, and she described how the after-school daycare person picks up BOTH of her kids everyday and takes them to the after school program.

Does anyone remember which article it was in?

So the office personnel can vouch that this person is indeed female...

thank you for clarifying this...

How would the office know anything if only the eyes were showing? And why didn't anyone realize this person wasn't this child's mother?

I wonder if Naiilla's mother dresses in traditional Muslim garb? The NBC article said they had to contact the substitute teacher to find out what was going on. Wonder if that was their first day of subbing for the class?

Mom's facebook pic she's in a black garb, kinda eerie now. I would link the profile but it's pretty pointless cause she has everything set to private except the location.

He is mentioned in one of the earlier articles by the mom herself. He goes to the same school, and she described how the after-school daycare person picks up BOTH of her kids everyday and takes them to the after school program.

Does anyone remember which article it was in?

Here it is.

"My daycare called me," said Abdul-Rashid while in tears. "They normally pick my child up and my son and walk them to the daycare around 3 p.m. They asked me if Nailla had an early dismissal today. Of course I said, 'no, she didn't.' She asked me about a woman named Tiffany and I immediately thought about my brother's friend. I called her and she was like, 'no, I'm in school. I didn't take Nailla.' I came to the school and they were all discombobulated. They tried to get the substitute teacher on the phone. He finally got there and he was like, 'her mom picked her up from school early. She said she was taking her to breakfast. I asked her to sign out but she said she already signed out in the office.'"

snip

"In the surveillance camera that the school has that I watched she's dressed in a traditional over-garment and Niqab," said Abdul-Rashid. "She has her face covered and only her eyes are showing. She's wearing gloves. She's wearing all black. She has something white on her arm and she has a long black umbrella. The surveillance camera shows them walking in the hallway to get to the door. The next camera picks up and she's putting her umbrella up. Then they disappear."

And the one that mentions the father.

6abcnews.com

"Amber Alert Issued For Girl Abducted From School, $10K Offered"

"At that point the mother was contacted and the father was contacted', Lt. John Walker of the Philadelphia Police Department said."

So... The father was contacted... But we do not know much more than that at this point.

Is her age important in the Muslim religion for any reason? Is she at an age where say she would need to start wearing traditional garb, participate in fasts or prayer rituals? I'm just wondering if there was anything new expected of her that could have been the impetus for someone wanting to get her away.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...186865992.html

"My daycare called me," said Abdul-Rashid while in tears. "They normally pick my child up and my son and walk them to the daycare around 3 p.m. They asked me if Nailla had an early dismissal today. Of course I said, 'no, she didn't.' She asked me about a woman named Tiffany and I immediately thought about my brother's friend. I called her and she was like, 'no, I'm in school. I didn't take Nailla.' I came to the school and they were all discombobulated. They tried to get the substitute teacher on the phone. He finally got there and he was like, 'her mom picked her up from school early. She said she was taking her to breakfast. I asked her to sign out but she said she already signed out in the office.'"

ETA: thank you SWMNBN, I just saw that you posted it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600