PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same. She had time and she had the resources to research how to do it without leaving evidence too.
The dog is still missing and I'm wondering if he was the third victim...
He is clearly significant to LE in any case as they issued a separate warrant for him...

The dog issue just confounds me. While I think it's probably a case of "was there a dog that matches the specs for this tie out", any time I had to buy a tie out chain I always bought the heaviest weighted one. If you have an active dog they can eventually twist the metal "rope" until it snaps. And there goes your dog.

The dog issue just confounds me. While I think it's probably a case of "was there a dog that matches the specs for this tie out", any time I had to buy a tie out chain I always bought the heaviest weighted one. If you have an active dog they can eventually twist the metal "rope" until it snaps. And there goes your dog.
I'm not even sure it's the lead issue...
If we are to consider the suicide aspect, is it not possible that dog's death /destruction/removal from the home could have precipitated a child's heartbreak?
Was dog 'removed' as punishment?

It's all speculative right now.
We do not know with any degree of certainty whether children attended school as normal on that day.
If they did and returned home at 3,50pm.. and EMT called approximately 15-20 minutes later, it leaves it rather tight...

I don't know what's harder to stomach - that an 8-year old could be so sad, bullied, despondent, and messed up that he would commit suicide in this overly elaborate manner and take his little sister with him, OR that a mother could so cruelly take both lives of her children for whatever - financial gains or psychological rewards/sympathy - she thought she would get.

It's all just horrible either way.

local news report mentioning the dog
Update on deaths of Pa. siblings: Kids were found hanging in basement; police want to see electronics and dog

Mom blames bullying after hanged children die, but police still want their dog: Latest on tragic Pa. case

A cellphone, two tablets and a laptop computer were also removed from the home. Police added they are trying to find a husky pitbull mix that weighs approximately 50 pounds.

The children's mother, Lisa Rachelle Snyder, 36, told officers the dog was kept outside the home while attached to a plastic-coated wire.

"By determining the dog's actual weight and size utilizing a scale will assist in the criminal investigation," Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Ian Keck wrote in the warrant application, reported WFMZ.

"All of this is important to the criminal investigation and reconstruction of the events surrounding this incident."

The mother has reportedly given the dog away in the wake of her children's deaths.

Siblings, aged 8 and 4, found hanged in basement of Pennsylvania home

Investigators also took two additional cellphones from Snyder after learning from her 17-year-old son that she had multiple phones, according to a search warrant. Another warrant, issued Oct. 2, called for locating the family’s dog, a 50-pound black husky/pit bull, that had been missing for the last week.
“By determining the dog’s actual weight and size utilizing a scale will assist in the criminal investigation,” Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Ian Keck said in the warrant application, though it was not clear why the dog was part of the probe. “All of this is important to the criminal investigation and reconstruction of the events surrounding this incident.
Mom: 8-Year-Old Was Bullied Before Being Found Dead With 4-Year-Old Sister

Last edited:
Neither of them could have navigated a dining room chair down the stairs, wrap the dog lead around the rafters without a ladder, wrap a long, heavy wrapped cord around their necks, kick the chairs out from under themselves, etc. Mom found them and called it in right? That only leaves the teen and, if he was around, Dad.

The dog was given away after the lead was used. So, was the dog running loose that morning? If the dog was normally fed in the morning, one would notice, right?

Why was the normal activities of an 8 year old playing on an XBox being an issue? Are they trying to implicate this little boy? He may have seen a similar activity if he was allowed to watch violent games. I doubt he could have pulled this off though.

from the link:
Lisa Snyder and her 17-year-old son, who was living in the house, told troopers that Conner Snyder frequently played video games and would surf the internet using an XBox gaming console. Police seized the console, cellphones, two tablets and a laptop computer, according to court papers.

During a later interview, Lisa Snyder told troopers she owned a black medium-sized dog, a Husky pit bull mix weighing about 50 pounds. She said the dog had been kept outside the residence attached to a wire cable lead with a plastic coating. Troopers said Lisa Snyder has since given the dog away.
Just wanted to state that just because Mom "found them and called them in" Doesn't put her off the hook yet... Many crimes have been called in by the guilty party.

Neither of them could have navigated a dining room chair down the stairs, wrap the dog lead around the rafters without a ladder, wrap a long, heavy wrapped cord around their necks, kick the chairs out from under themselves, etc. Mom found them and called it in right? That only leaves the teen and, if he was around, Dad.

The dog was given away after the lead was used. So, was the dog running loose that morning? If the dog was normally fed in the morning, one would notice, right?

Why was the normal activities of an 8 year old playing on an XBox being an issue? Are they trying to implicate this little boy? He may have seen a similar activity if he was allowed to watch violent games. I doubt he could have pulled this off though.

from the link:
Lisa Snyder and her 17-year-old son, who was living in the house, told troopers that Conner Snyder frequently played video games and would surf the internet using an XBox gaming console. Police seized the console, cellphones, two tablets and a laptop computer, according to court papers.

During a later interview, Lisa Snyder told troopers she owned a black medium-sized dog, a Husky pit bull mix weighing about 50 pounds. She said the dog had been kept outside the residence attached to a wire cable lead with a plastic coating. Troopers said Lisa Snyder has since given the dog away.
I'm guessing th XBox is in question because if you are playing X Box live than you can communicate with other people who are playing... maybe seeing if anything was said to anyone or if anyone else could have been involved?

No mention of the children’s father or ex-husband in obituary. :(

Actually, no mention of mom either. They were referenced together. "In addition to their parents, survivors include a brother..." Nobody identified by name.

Obit was updated since I last viewed to include BS loved the movie Frozen -- adored the characters, Elsa and Anna; and CS enjoyed building forts and playing video games.

Affidavit: Berks County siblings were found hanging in basement before they died

From a local-ish ABC affiliate, this article contains another important detail I have seen elsewhere: “Officials said the two [children] were receiving general protective services from welfare officials.”

I wonder about the timeline related to the dog being given away (whether that happened before the children died or after—I just can’t tell from what is currently being reported) and if/how that might be relevant to the uniquely horrific manner of their deaths.

Specifically, I wonder if child protective services might've told the mother/older brother that this 50-lb. husky/pit bull mix wasn’t a safe pet for a household with two small children (not saying I agree) and forced them to get rid of the poor dog. This would have left the dog’s lead unused. If either one of the household members was feeling resentful about the children’s presence causing the loss of their canine companion, using the dog’s lead to commit the crime might seem like a sick form of poetic justice.

MOO
Most reports that I saw said that police were interested in weighing the dog... This doesnt make sense to me there is something with that that is not clicking in my brain. I'm not sure how the weight of the dog affects the outcome of this case, other than possibly how much wear there was on the lead that was used?

Maybe they're thinking one or two of the poor children got dragged by the dog? I have no idea how this would work with the other information they had; but it makes sense that police would want a frame of reference for how much weight a dog could drag. Not to be graphic, but think about all those hangings in Wild West shows and movies where someone hangs a villain by tying a horse to the other end of the hanging rope, and then swats the horse on the behind to get it running fast and far away, in order to pull the rope taut and snap the villain's neck.

I said this on another thread about another case so sorry about the repetition for anyone who remembers reading it; but in an article about the Ashley Madison scandal or something similar, I read a comment which said that a large majority of spousal cheating, secreted *advertiser censored*, etc., could be found on the history of XBoxes, PlayStations, and similar. I assumed the theory was that with men being more likely to be gamers than women, the men are more likely to use the machine; and that women are less likely to think about checking the search histories; or even to know that there is a browser type option on a gaming console.
the dog Dragging them shouldn't be an issue the rope was up over the rafters in the basement the dog didn't do that...

Do you know that the 17-year-old was at home, or had been at the home during the afternoon? Wouldn't he have been at school that day, and what time would/did he get home?
If the 17 year old is a senior in high school he could have been home as early as 10 AM depending on his high school schedule. My kids high school lets half day students out as early as after 2nd period... also some seniors dont go to school everyday if the school has a block schedule.

My first thought on this thread is that this was a method of punishment for the children. Maybe they were forced to stand on these chairs with the fear of falling to a death by hanging until the punisher decided to let them down. This is still my thought. I just can't see where the children would be able to hang themselves with the lead thrown over a ceiling beam. JMO
This option makes me so sad =(

This is a strange question, but ...
The boy looks much heavier than the girl, so if they were found hanging on opposite ends of a chain that was over a support beam, when the chairs were removed, wouldn't the boy be standing on the ground while the girl was pulled to the ceiling? I'm having difficulty understanding this picture.

Maybe the chain was wrapped around the beam a few times and that's why they were both hanging? Was the 8 year old tall enough to wrap the chain around a ceiling beam a few times?
Otto... I was thinking the exact some thing after I saw the pictures... Theres no way that little boy strung up both of them and then stood on the chairs and then both came off the chairs at the same time.... his height and weight vs her height and weight barely make it possible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Can't Touch Tish