PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the controller be needed without the console?

Fingerprints?

I think if your kid was as heavy as a dump truck you'd find the strength to lift him and get the clasp opened. And, you could do it so fast that you'd wonder about it for the rest of your life.

I think that's absolutely true. Ever heard some of those stories where people have lifted cars and telephone poles off their loved ones, due to a rush of adrenaline?

I've checked and the media hasn't updated their stories in awhile - so where is the criminal investigation going?

I think it's customary to be tight-lipped in this particular county. Back in late February a 5 year old was critically injured in her home and there was no information about it at all until an arrest in late March.

Berks DA: Girl, 5, seriously injured in St. Lawrence home

St. Lawrence woman charged in abuse of 5-year-old girl

Look how cute she is: Fundraiser benefits girl abused at home in St. Lawrence

I just don’t believe a little boy like that would use the term “don’t want to go alone”. And what exactly did he say, does she claim?

“I want to die, mom. But I don’t want to go to Heaven by myself. I want someone to go with me.”?

If my kid was making statements remotely close to that he would probably go to the hospital. And then intensive counseling. Did she notify the school? Did she complain about bullying? Demand action be taken to protect her son?

What exactly was her response to these horrible things she claims her small son was saying?

I can't believe a school wouldn't say a word about a bullying situation that ended up in a murder-suicide of two children under 10. I just can't believe this whole bullying thing. And the school saying that Conner was a beloved member of their school community says, to me, that they are saying "nope, there was no bullying" without actually saying it.

I can't believe a school wouldn't say a word about a bullying situation that ended up in a murder-suicide of two children under 10. I just can't believe this whole bullying thing. And the school saying that Conner was a beloved member of their school community says, to me, that they are saying "nope, there was no bullying" without actually saying it.

That’s precisely what I was thinking. They were trying to make a statement.

If the mother made no complaints about bullying to the school she’s even more suspicious than I thought. I’d like to know. What are other parents saying?

Connor-Snyder-and-Brinley-Snyder.jpg

I've been looking at the lovely photo of these kids since the day it was published. I believe it's recent photo taken from CS's school entrance.

Even while wearing his backpack, CS is holding his shoulders back, and to me doesn't exhibit the body language of bullied kid who is dreading his day at school.

No denying he's a large kid, and yes children can be cruel, but I also recognize this is a town school where the town population hovers around 1500 residents. CB has been a large kid since birth, and his peers only know him as a large child.

I'm not discounting the possibility there was online bullying, but I also think it possible it could have been orchestrated by an adult.

And I have a big problem with an 8 year old spending too much time online -- possibly over-sharing, and making himself a target.

MOO

True Crime Society - Conner Snyder (8) and his sister Brinley (4) are dead after they were found hanging from a dog leash in their basement

Connor-Snyder-and-Brinley-Snyder.jpg

I've been looking at the lovely photo of these kids since the day it was published. I believe it's recent photo taken from CS's school entrance.

Even while wearing his backpack, CS is holding his shoulders back, and to me doesn't exhibit the body language of bullied kid who is dreading his day at school.

No denying he's a large kid, and yes children can be cruel, but I also recognize this is a town school where the town population hovers around 1500 residents. CB has been a large kid since birth, and his peers only know him as a large child.

I'm not discounting the possibility there was online bullying, but I also think it possible it could have been orchestrated by an adult.

And I have a big problem with an 8 year old spending too much time online -- possibly over-sharing, and making himself a target.

MOO

True Crime Society - Conner Snyder (8) and his sister Brinley (4) are dead after they were found hanging from a dog leash in their basement

That’s a good point. He looks pretty relaxed. And there’s lots of kids his size at that age. He’s a cutie pie.

I just don’t believe a little boy like that would use the term “don’t want to go alone”. And what exactly did he say, does she claim?

“I want to die, mom. But I don’t want to go to Heaven by myself. I want someone to go with me.”?

If my kid was making statements remotely close to that he would probably go to the hospital. And then intensive counseling. Did she notify the school? Did she complain about bullying? Demand action be taken to protect her son?

What exactly was her response to these horrible things she claims her small son was saying?

It could be a paraphrase. I mean, the statement as it is isn't convincing, and I grant it - she's not blaming anyone in particular for the bullying (wouldn't there be a ringleader or ringleaders amongst his peers? usually people who died due to bullying have extensive stories they've shared), and she doesn't seem to have any experiential complaints ("Every day he would come home from school and cry and cry" or similar, would be more convincing), but without we have a quote, I don't think we can be sure exactly what she is alleging.

I also believe that LE will have to interview the older brother at some point to gain some perspective, and he would probably have an equal amount of knowledge about the complaints if Conner actually aired them out loud.

I wish we could talk to his teachers and ask a few questions.

One, about the bullying. Was he sad and upset because of intense bullying? Or was it the normal kind of elementary school drama, and he was basically a happy kid who had friends, etc.

Two, was he a highly intelligent child, that was advanced in science and math, that would be able to rig up a complicated gallows for 2.

That’s precisely what I was thinking. They were trying to make a statement.

If the mother made no complaints about bullying to the school she’s even more suspicious than I thought. I’d like to know. What are other parents saying?

It could be a paraphrase. I mean, the statement as it is isn't convincing, and I grant it - she's not blaming anyone in particular for the bullying (wouldn't there be a ringleader or ringleaders amongst his peers? usually people who died due to bullying have extensive stories they've shared), and she doesn't seem to have any experiential complaints ("Every day he would come home from school and cry and cry" or similar, would be more convincing), but without we have a quote, I don't think we can be sure exactly what she is alleging.

I also believe that LE will have to interview the older brother at some point to gain some perspective, and he would probably have an equal amount of knowledge about the complaints if Conner actually aired them out loud.
If this horrible tragedy was really caused by a bullying situation at school, the parents would have already sued the School District. Also, the bullying theory is just... there. Nobody ever goes into any detail about it, no mention of if it was kids pushing him around and hitting him, or if it was kids saying mean things to him. No mention of specific events like "last month Conner came home and told me that X, Y and Z called him this, this and that, and that W pushed him". And if bullying was actually real, some other parents would have said something too, like "oh, yes, my kid was a victim too" or "yeah, my kid was a friend to Conner, some of the kids were actually really mean to him though". But no, nothing, just things like "Conner was a beloved member of our school community" and "Conner was popular and the kids liked him".

This is such a good point! If this kid died as a victim of bullying, the school superintendent/PR person would be all over issuing a statement about bullying.

SBM: I assume you are making a point here that Conner was a heavy kid, but this is bullying.
I think the the person who posted that was simply trying to explain that, no matter how heavy a child might be, or how weak a parent might be, the parent would still try. Would Conner be hard to lift and hold? Yes, him and most 8-year-old boys. I don't think anyone was being mean or cruel.

SBM: I assume you are making a point here that Conner was a heavy kid, but this is bullying.

I don't know if Conner was bullied at school, but this is really offensive.

I don't think it was meant that way, but I understand why you thought that. I think it was more like, "I don't care what a weakling you think you are, even if your kid weighed 10,000 pounds, you'd try to save him."

I think the the person who posted that was simply trying to explain that, no matter how heavy a child might be, or how weak a parent might be, the parent would still try. Would Conner be hard to lift and hold? Yes, him and most 8-year-old boys. I don't think anyone was being mean or cruel.

Then why not just say that instead of comparing him to a dump truck?

I don't know if Conner was bullied at school, but this is really offensive.
I just went back and read this OP---he/she wasn't saying that the child was heavy as a truck, she was saying that 'even if a child was heavy', a concerned parent would find a way to cut them down. JMO

I don't think it was meant that way, but I understand why you thought that. I think it was more like, "I don't care what a weakling you think you are, even if your kid weighed 10,000 pounds, you'd try to save him."

Exactly. It wasn’t directed toward sweet little Conner at all, IMO. More like “please don’t blame his weight. A kid could weigh as much as an elephant and a true mom would lift him to save him.”

Not comparing HIM to a dump truck.

I’m not trying to speak for anyone. That’s just how I read it.

He’s a beautiful boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member