PA - Kaylene Oehling, 20, Etna Boro, Allegheny Co, 10 Jan 2020, found deceased 2023 *POI*

Kaylene Marie Oehling – The Charley Project

oehling_kaylene.jpg
oehling_kaylene2.jpg

• Missing Since: 01/10/2020
  • Missing From: Etna, Pennsylvania
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: White
  • Date of Birth: 08/06/1999 (21)
  • Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'3, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black hooded sweatshirt and camouflage-print pants.
  • Medical Conditions: Oehling may have been two to three months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. She is in need of daily medication for unspecified reasons; she left the medicine behind.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Oehling wears eyeglasses with brown frames.
Details of Disappearance
Oehling was last seen at a friend's home in Etna, Pennsylvania late in the evening on January 9, 2020. She left home to meet her boyfriend, Michael D. Manno, and was supposed to return, but never came back. At 1:36 a.m. on January 10, she texted her mother to confirm she'd see her at 9:30 a.m.; she was going to babysit her younger siblings while her mother was at work. She never arrived and has never been heard from again.

At around the same time Oehling called her mother, she posted on her Facebook account saying Manno had committed a robbery. Within an hour her account had been deactivated. Since her disappearance, all calls to her phone have gone straight to voicemail and her EBT (electronics benefit transfer) card has not been used.

Manno is considered the prime suspect in Oehling's disappearance. He has stated she is alive and he has been in touch with her and knows her whereabouts, but he refuses to say where she is or otherwise cooperate with law enforcement. After her disappearance, he sent explicit photographs of Oehling to both her father and her seventeen-year-old sister. As a result, he was charged with corruption of minors. A photo of Manno is posted with this case summary. He has an extensive criminal record.

No charges have been filed in Oehling's disappearance, but she's considered to be in danger and foul play is possible. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
  • Allegheny County Police Department 412-473-1200
Source Information

I Can tell you that Michael Manno has been arrested for sending nude photos of Kaylene to her little sister via social media. He is charged with multiple felonies. He has plead not guilty and he is scheduled for a trial. This has been on the news multiple times. They have released his name and mugshot.

ADMIN WARNING:

A cleanup of this thread took place to edit every single post using the name of an individual who members believe is likely responsible for Kaylene's disappearance. That name has been changed to initials only. Future posts using that individual's name will be removed in their entirety with no reason provided. Initials only. No exceptions.

While the specifics of individual cases varies, Websleuths TOS remains the same unless a thread specific exception is allowed by WS owner, Tricia Griffith, or an Administrator.

It is a violation of Websleuths TOS to name and make direct accusations against an individual who has not been officially named by LE as a POI/suspect.

Do not encourage Verified members to provide information that is against Websleuths TOS. Other than not being required to provide links to what they state as fact, Verified members must adhere to all other requirements of Websleuths TOS that regular members must abide with.

In order to keep this very important discussion in line with TOS, please post accordingly or your post will be removed.

Thank you.
He has been named! He has appeared on the news with mugshot and is currently awaiting trial! His name is Michael MAnno

Have you spoken with Tim Miller with Texas Equusear
rch? If he cannot help physically, he can give you a lot of very helpful information. His daughter was missing for a long time and that is where his passion and expertise for the missing comes from.

Texas EquuSearch
they have helped us from their Ohio Chapter

Man accused of sending explicit photo of missing woman to her family

News piece I did here in Pittsburgh. What do you all think of this ?

I can't even imagine how frustrating it is to know that someone is involved but have them dance around just out of reach. I'm very glad to see that you all are doing what you can to see him nailed for every rotten thing he does, sometimes the only way to get rid of these monsters is to take them a piece at a time. You sure do have my admiration for sticking with things and not letting what happened to your niece become just a memory.

ADMIN NOTE:

From the link PJ provided above:

Michael Manno, 46, is charged with “corruption of minors” and other offenses. According to court paperwork and accounts from the victim’s family, Manno sent an exposed selfie of his ex-girlfriend, Kaylene Oehling, to the woman’s 17-year-old sister.

County police previously confirmed to Channel 11 that investigators had suspects, but they would not identify those individuals.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that LE will be looking very closely at him as a POI in relation to Kaylene's disappearance.

Responsible discussion about MM and sleuthing of him is now allowed; just no direct accusations, no total trashing of the guy.

Between Western PA, Arkansas and Louisiana, and that makes up a huge portion of the cases I see especially on here

Count me as a surprised yet unsurprised Pittsburgh native and resident. We get all sorts of accolades for our "livable city" and suburbs, yet there are a lot of crazy things that go on here, often without anyone knowing.

I have heard numerous reports on the news about human trafficking being on the rise in Pittsburgh, something that has been echoed by leadership at my church (where we have made plenty of efforts to donate to causes to end this horrible practice). I also know of at least one center in the suburbs where victims have been able to come to safety and receive the help they need.

A likely culprit for this? Drugs. They are a serious problem in this area, especially among our younger people.

Kaylene disappeared from Etna, which isn't far from a notorious opioid hotspot, Hampton Township. The high school there is known by some in the area as "Heroin High" because of its drug problems. Many publications have rated the school and others nearby highly, which is definitely true based on academics and college outcomes, but there is also a high rate of depression and anxiety in these schools, where pressure to fit in and perform academically is off the charts. The city may get a bad rap, but there is plenty that goes on in the suburbs that often goes unreported.

The state does take sex offenders seriously and has a searchable database for them. We have some of the best laws to protect others, but as we all know, no law is perfect. For every registered offender in PA, I'd wager there are 3 who never got caught.

Add to all of this the way social media works today, the internet in general, an opioid crisis, and the way the pandemic has warped mental well being and you have all the right conditions for disappearances, even in a day and age of cell phones and cameras being everywhere.

Western PA is also close to a lot of major highways including I-70 (transcontinental east-west highway from California to Maryland), I-80 (ditto; goes from SF to near NYC), I-79 (direct connection to I-77 and points south), and I-76 (goes across the state). The head of the Ohio River is also here. We're a day's drive from Philly, NYC, Baltimore, DC, Charlotte, Raleigh, Cleveland, Louisville, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Chicago, and if you are OK with 10 hours behind the wheel, Atlanta.

I'm a single guy in good physical shape, live in a safe part of town, and by and large keep to myself, but I'm always cautious and never go without locking doors and keep an eye out when I have others with me. You'd do it anywhere but it's a shame that even a great town like Pittsburgh requires it.

Regarding the case, I do know of it thanks to a poster at my favorite little breakfast spot. I can only hope that we are able to locate her safely, though I'm concerned of the outcome here.

Count me as a surprised yet unsurprised Pittsburgh native and resident. We get all sorts of accolades for our "livable city" and suburbs, yet there are a lot of crazy things that go on here, often without anyone knowing.

I have heard numerous reports on the news about human trafficking being on the rise in Pittsburgh, something that has been echoed by leadership at my church (where we have made plenty of efforts to donate to causes to end this horrible practice). I also know of at least one center in the suburbs where victims have been able to come to safety and receive the help they need.

A likely culprit for this? Drugs. They are a serious problem in this area, especially among our younger people.

Kaylene disappeared from Etna, which isn't far from a notorious opioid hotspot, Hampton Township. The high school there is known by some in the area as "Heroin High" because of its drug problems. Many publications have rated the school and others nearby highly, which is definitely true based on academics and college outcomes, but there is also a high rate of depression and anxiety in these schools, where pressure to fit in and perform academically is off the charts. The city may get a bad rap, but there is plenty that goes on in the suburbs that often goes unreported.

The state does take sex offenders seriously and has a searchable database for them. We have some of the best laws to protect others, but as we all know, no law is perfect. For every registered offender in PA, I'd wager there are 3 who never got caught.

Add to all of this the way social media works today, the internet in general, an opioid crisis, and the way the pandemic has warped mental well being and you have all the right conditions for disappearances, even in a day and age of cell phones and cameras being everywhere.

Western PA is also close to a lot of major highways including I-70 (transcontinental east-west highway from California to Maryland), I-80 (ditto; goes from SF to near NYC), I-79 (direct connection to I-77 and points south), and I-76 (goes across the state). The head of the Ohio River is also here. We're a day's drive from Philly, NYC, Baltimore, DC, Charlotte, Raleigh, Cleveland, Louisville, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Chicago, and if you are OK with 10 hours behind the wheel, Atlanta.

I'm a single guy in good physical shape, live in a safe part of town, and by and large keep to myself, but I'm always cautious and never go without locking doors and keep an eye out when I have others with me. You'd do it anywhere but it's a shame that even a great town like Pittsburgh requires it.

Regarding the case, I do know of it thanks to a poster at my favorite little breakfast spot. I can only hope that we are able to locate her safely, though I'm concerned of the outcome here.
Than you so much for your interest AND your discussion. Human trafficking is horrible and RAMPANT...yes we considered this. However some things are know and not able to be shared, but we know she left with MM that night. We also know that MM admitted on video TO ME that "she is swimming with the fishes and youll be next too", we also KNOW that MM sent naked photos of Kaylene to her younger sister as recent as March of this year. He is currently awaiting trial on those charges. With all of this and some facts that can not be shared right now, we feel we know what happened. But specifics and where she is remain unanswered. Maybe those loose lips will jabber while he is incarcerated. All i know is we keep wanting to keep the light on this. We miss her and we want her home, at this point, anyway we can get her!
Im intrigued by the fave breakfast place...?!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back