GUILTY PA - Kelley Snyder, 34, Renovo, 5 April 2015

Sorry for asking. Are the police absolutely sure it was BJ who committed the murder and that BJ is not covering for someone else in the house?

Who else was in the home that you think could be responsible? The oldest son of BJ's?

I hope those poor kids werent witness to what he did.
Im thinking that they got into a fight, she left, started walking and he went after her and pulled her into the car...where the dog lost her scent, and strangled her in the vehicle, then placed her out in the woods while he was supposedly looking for her.
Just a thought....whats others ideas about the situation? I hope that she wasnt killed at home in front of the children...any of them.

I do remember LE saying that she died in the home and was moved. I will look for a link.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/05/husband_charged_with_killing_w.html

They allege Snyder told them then that he and his wife had argued and she threw a can of what he believed was hair spray at him,and hit him in the chest. Snyder told police he grabbed her by the arms, got behind her, fell down and had his arms around her neck. Snyder said he let her get up and she tried to hit her, so he grabbed her again and they went down with him straddling her, according to police.

He said that his hands were around her neck when she stopped moving, police said in court documents.

He first thought she had stopped fighting but then realized she was not breathing, the affidavit alleges.

He told investigators he took the body to the cellar, placed it in a sleeping bag, drove to the state park, left it adjacent to Halls Run, threw her driver's license into the stream, returned to Renovo and disposed of the sleeping bag in a trash container behind a restaurant, according to the affidavit.

JMOI think she was in the home in the basement and he tried to break her neck and of course her hyoid was broke. just praying she did not suffer long.Ty was there and was wondering why bj kept going to the basement.I will be there for his hearing so I will keep you guys updated.

I wonder if it was behind the same restaurant her wallet was found^

You know, I do remember reading that. I wonder if he picked her up and brought her back to the house then and killed her? I dont know what else would explain the dogs tracking her sent part of the way and then the sudden scent trail just stopping. How could he kill her in the house without anyone hearing anything take place? Weren't the kids home?

You know, I do remember reading that. I wonder if he picked her up and brought her back to the house then and killed her? I dont know what else would explain the dogs tracking her sent part of the way and then the sudden scent trail just stopping. How could he kill her in the house without anyone hearing anything take place? Weren't the kids home?

Replying to my own quote here.... Now that its been posted about the basement..... How did Ty not know they were fighting in the basement, I find it hard to believe there was no yelling or screaming, things breaking?? Could her scent from the sleeping bag be what the dogs were hitting on? Where were the younger kids during all of this altercation happening? Is there another way out of the basement/house thats less visable than the front door?

now i know this is probably obvious and i'm going to go "duh" after someone answers, i'm emotionally spent this week and not thinking clearly but i'm asking anyway......

why is he charged with murder in the 1st degree AND murder in the 3rd degree......i'm confused.......help?

and i agree momoffourboys..... :furious:

:rose: kelley

now i know this is probably obvious and i'm going to go "duh" after someone answers, i'm emotionally spent this week and not thinking clearly but i'm asking anyway......

why is he charged with murder in the 1st degree AND murder in the 3rd degree......i'm confused.......help?

and i agree momoffourboys..... :furious:

:rose: kelley

I was curious, also. From what I understand, the two murder charges are 1) to show frame of mind. One can be premeditation and the second indifference, for example. 2) In the event that he does not get charged with first degree, the 3rd degree still carries a hefty sentence. I have to read up on PA law. But I believe that is the gist of it.

jmo I think once she was in the basement, she was still alive. and he did not know what to do. I imagine of course he panicked. ( ted Bundy stated it takes 10 min. to strangle someone) ty and eden where there ethan was with his dad.In this county he will do the maximum no doubt in my mind. I will keep you posted!

these homes were built by the railroad. the layouts and structure are close to being the same (cookie cutter homes) if I remember correctly there is a side entrance to the basement. The kids were probably used to it. they had not been getting along for sometime. so ty would not probably think twice about it. I also think ty was mistaken that kj told him she was going to the store. I think bj told him she went to the store. maybe something like "your mom went to the store I am going ? I will be back watch your sister"

I may have misspoke about the railroad it may have also been piper that built these homes.

In the begining we had heard alot from the neighbor girl who seemed to be around at all the exact right times... "finding the note" for example, as well as another who was there until evening time and so sure BJ wasnt involved. Have they been heard from since?

Nope, JMO I was thinking the girl next door had a newborn, it is possible that newborn belonged to bj? And that would be motive.Kelly Jo found out? was going to kick him to the curb. motive. and then the whole divorce. motive. then visitation and child support for 2 children. motive.

Nope, JMO I was thinking the girl next door had a newborn, it is possible that newborn belonged to bj? And that would be motive.Kelly Jo found out? was going to kick him to the curb. motive. and then the whole divorce. motive. then visitation and child support for 2 children. motive.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to kill the neighbor then? If he didn't want to pay child support then killing the neighbor would have been the way to go. Divorcing Kelley Jo would have been cheaper since they didn't have kids together.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to kill the neighbor then? If he didn't want to pay child support then killing the neighbor would have been the way to go. Divorcing Kelley Jo would have been cheaper since they didn't have kids together.

Well, maybe he liked the neighbor and wanted the new baby.

I live in the area and this article about what happened was in today's Williamsport Sun-Gazette. It gives a bit more detail, including info about BJ's changing stories. Here's the original link but I copied and pasted the article in case anyone couldn't access it: http://www.sungazette.com/page/cont...to-face--murder-charges-in-woman-s-death.html

Husband to face murder charges in woman’s death
May 16, 2015
By LANA MUTHLER (lmuthler@lockhaven.com) , Williamsport Sun-Gazette
Save |
It's been almost six weeks since William J. "B.J." Snyder, 34, reported his wife missing.

Friday, B.J. was charged with killing Kelley Jo Snyder in the couple's home at 243 Fourth St., Renovo.

The cause of death - manual strangulation.

The manner of death - homicide.

That's according to Clinton County Coroner Zach Hanna, who released the autopsy report Friday.

B.J. Snyder has been charged with first-degree murder, third-degree murder, false reports, abuse of a corpse and two counts of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.

Trooper John Maggs filed the charges Thursday morning. The defendant was arraigned before District Magisterial Judge Frank Mills of Renovo via video from the county jail. He is being held without bail.

According to the arrest affidavit, the defendant told police in the April 11 interview that he and Kelley Jo were involved in a verbal argument at their home on Easter Sunday, April 5.

B.J. said that Kelley Jo threw what he believed to be a can of hair spray at him, but missed him. He said Kelley Jo then took a swing at him and hit him in the chest area. Then, he said, he grabbed Kelley Jo by the arms and got behind her before falling to the ground, police said.

At this time, the defendant said his arms were around her neck as he was behind her. The defendant said he then left Kelley Jo up and she tried to hit him again. He said he grabbed her again and that they were on the ground as he was on top of her straddling her. He stated that his hands were around her neck and that she stopped moving, police said.

B.J. said he thought she had just stopped fighting but he then realized that she was not breathing. He said he took her to the basement where he placed her in a sleeping bag before taking her out his basement steps to his 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander. The defendant said he drove the victim to a pull-off at Halls Run where he took her out of the vehicle, police said.

The defendant said he dragged Kelley Jo by her feet down over an embankment and that her feet were touching the water at Halls Run. He said he then threw the victim's driver's license into Halls Run and left the area. He said he went to Sockey's Restaurant and threw the sleeping bag into the Dumpster behind the restaurant, police said.

During a previous interview with police on April 10, B.J. told police a different story about how Kelley Jo died.

In that interview, he said that he found Kelley Jo unresponsive after she took Hydrocodone and nerve pills. He said he shook her and rolled her onto her side, but she did not have a pulse and she had foam coming out of her mouth, police said.

He told police he tried to revive the victim without hurting her... and that he didn't want the victim's reputation tarnished as a result of the overdose so he took her to the basement and covered her with a sleeping bag, knowing that she was deceased, police said.

The defendant said he took her outside to his Outlander using the basement stairs that lead to the outside of the house and then drove to the pull-off at Halls Run State Park where he took her out of the sleeping bag and placed her over the embankment. He said her feet were touching the water, police said.

He drew a map explaining where he dumped his wife, police said. Her body was found in that area the next day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back