PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious - what are your thoughts? Was it CP or a neighbor?

(respectfully snipped)

My thoughts are all over the place. I posted a week or so ago that I refuse to believe that CP could have attacked KS in her apartment (the banging/stomping noises) without her dogs going nuts. So, IMO, the banging/stomping was an angry KS.

Could CP have crept into her room, shut the door to keep the dogs out, slipped into her bed, and -- speculating -- when she woke and resisted, choked her? Sure -- but then how did he get her out of the second-floor apartment without anyone seeing/hearing him?

TS: Things between TS and KS seemed historically volatile. I still believe, as I previously posted, that she could have gone outside after CP crashed, encountered TS, things escalated again, and (in the heat of the moment) he (perhaps even in self-defense) snapped and harmed her. TS may have been outside -- or, maybe she couldn't let it go and knocked on his door -- maybe she was caught attempting to vandalize his car or home in retaliation.

How far is the nearest all-night convenience store? As someone previously mentioned, she could have had cash in her pocket from the night out and headed out for coffee, more cigarettes, food, rolling papers, etc. Someone she knew could have seen her walking and picked her up.

(Apologies in advance if anything I've proposed has already been definitively ruled out by LE. Am using my phone and it's cumbersome to scroll through all old posts.)

(respectfully snipped)

My thoughts are all over the place. I posted a week or so ago that I refuse to believe that CP could have attacked KS in her apartment (the banging/stomping noises) without her dogs going nuts. So, IMO, the banging/stomping was an angry KS.

Could CP have crept into her room, shut the door to keep the dogs out, slipped into her bed, and -- speculating -- when she woke and resisted, choked her? Sure -- but then how did he get her out of the second-floor apartment without anyone seeing/hearing him?

TS: Things between TS and KS seemed historically volatile. I still believe, as I previously posted, that she could have gone outside after CP crashed, encountered TS, things escalated again, and (in the heat of the moment) he (perhaps even in self-defense) snapped and harmed her. TS may have been outside -- or, maybe she couldn't let it go and knocked on his door -- maybe she was caught attempting to vandalize his car or home in retaliation.

How far is the nearest all-night convenience store? As someone previously mentioned, she could have had cash in her pocket from the night out and headed out for coffee, more cigarettes, food, rolling papers, etc. Someone she knew could have seen her walking and picked her up.

(Apologies in advance if anything I've proposed has already been definitively ruled out by LE. Am using my phone and it's cumbersome to scroll through all old posts.)

Turkey Hill is closest at about 3/4 mile and Sheetz is about 1 3/4 miles.

I also wondered if KS could have been stashed somewhere IN the building -- basement, attic, old trunk -- which would explain no one seeing/hearing CP carrying anything down the stairs; however, by this point there would probably have been evidence due to decomp. (Not sure if you could wrap a body in blankets, clothes, carpet, cushions, etc., to mask the smell for this long. Sorry to "go there" with the conversation.) :(

I posted a week or so ago that I refuse to believe that CP could have attacked KS in her apartment (the banging/stomping noises) without her dogs going nuts. So, IMO, the banging/stomping was an angry KS.

UNLESS! There was a discussion a couple of weeks back re: a drug that (I think) is a horse/animal tranquilizer that is taken by people recreationally. For those who know him, is CP smart enough to plan ahead and drug the dogs with the tranquilizer?

That's the only way I will ever believe that the banging/stomping noises were CP assaulting KS. IMO. YMMV.

(Sorry for quoting myself.) :p

Shane27 posted the following in Thread #2, Post #25, 8/16/2012:

"I live about 3 blocks from KS apartment. I have neighbors whom I consider to be 'stoners'. Dreadlocks, Grateful Dead stickers on their car, Pink Floyd blaring from their backyard etc..The strange thing is they seem to have disappeared. The car is gone, and there's no activity at their house. Of course I could be reading in to this too far, but the timing of their disappearance seems odd to me."

Whatever became of this?

We need answers about the following:

1. When did the boyfriend's dad come and get his dog? After his son's arrest/before Kortne went out for the evening?

2. Was Kortne's car there all weekend?

3. Did Kortne drive to the Gas Station or a gas station and leave her car?

4. When was Kortne's car returned to her apartment and by whom?

You can't tell me that the neighbors don't know the answers to these questions!!!

Shane27 posted the following in Thread #2, Post #25, 8/16/2012:

"I live about 3 blocks from KS apartment. I have neighbors whom I consider to be 'stoners'. Dreadlocks, Grateful Dead stickers on their car, Pink Floyd blaring from their backyard etc..The strange thing is they seem to have disappeared. The car is gone, and there's no activity at their house. Of course I could be reading in to this too far, but the timing of their disappearance seems odd to me."

Whatever became of this?

Good point...

how bout this quote from father:

He said he’s also learned of potentially dangerous circumstances beyond his daughter’s immediate neighborhood.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html

and this also from the article from the couple that lives below Kortne:

R... said she’s amazed that there seems to be a continued focus on the neighbors, when it’s obvious to her that whatever happened to Kortne took place elsewhere. The couple believe Kortne left her apartment and encountered someone who took advantage of her.

BBM

how do they know this??? Did they see her leave? Or are they just throwing the blame somewhere else or away from the apartment????

Snipped

...Two of her neighbors were unwilling to give accounts of the night she disappeared, saying they didn’t want to say anything that might interfere with the police investigation.

One of the neighbors, however, offered his belief that she was not abducted or taken away from her apartment, but rather “walked away” following the second noise complaint
and encountered some sort of trouble.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/reward_grows_in_kortne_stouffe.html

Snipped

Two of her neighbors said in an interview last week they believe she walked away from her apartment sometime around 4 a.m. and encountered someone who hurt or abducted her.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/police_release_report_of_under.html

I'm wondering if public pressure and outcry would help. On the other hand, if LE isn't responding to the parents with specifics, then It would be unlikely that would help. JVM has had the case twice on her show -- a follow-up by either JVM or Nancy Grace's Bombshell would be ideal.

Have locals bugged MSM for updates???

I do. I email, sometimes direct message them on twitter. Been doing that for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Labor day. I'm quiet - there's not much new.

We have 2 possible scenarios (maybe more, but 2 very clear scenarios) and know nothing.

I just wrote this long entry but then deleted it. I can't wrap my head around it all.

Just curious - what are your thoughts? Was it CP or a neighbor?

Does anyone think she could be alive?

The only thing I'm remotely certain of is that Kortne is no longer with us. I'm almost always wrong about these 'certainties' FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any updates on Mom's facebook page.....anything?????

Darn it, Kortne, where the heck are you!!!

Somebody knows!!!

The neighbor said too that the banging and stomping was KS still upset. If he had any reason to believe that it may be here under attack, I'm pretty sure he would make mention of that.

There was absolutely no sign of CP and KS having any problems that night. You're trying to make a motive for him but there is no solod motive. The only one we know with what could be a real motive is the neighbor. There had just been physical altercations between KS and TS. A physical altercation can definitely be seen as a motive or reason to harm.

Since you've been posting here, you have not kept an open mind and only trashing CP and MR while continually tip toeing WS terms and conditions.

On a side note: MR and CP had shown up at The first fundraiser and were told to leave. They were pretty much told not to be involved in anything. I'm not siding with anyone, just sharing facts. A lot of people have continued hating on these two. Can't have your cake and eat it too. They showed up to an event a while ago and were told to leave. Can't say now that they're not trying to be a part of anything. They're not "allowed" to be. Just trying to be fair to parties involved.

I have never read that there was a physical altercation between them - but that KS tried to kick and hit him. Were there any reports that he tried to fight back?

ETA: Missing word

I have never read that there was a physical between them - but that KS tried to kick and hit him. Were there any reports that he tried to fight back?

Good point. None of the msm reports have said he fought back. The only sources that would know if he had would likely be CP, the responding officer and perhaps the neighbors (JR and RS)...and ofcourse KS.

I think this is the most likely scenario. I never really thought MR and CP were involved in anything but stupid behavior. IMO MR and CP don't seem like the kind of guys who are hurting for female attention. MOO

We need answers about the following:

1. When did the boyfriend's dad come and get his dog? After his son's arrest/before Kortne went out for the evening?

2. Was Kortne's car there all weekend?

3. Did Kortne drive to the Gas Station or a gas station and leave her car?

4. When was Kortne's car returned to her apartment and by whom?

You can't tell me that the neighbors don't know the answers to these questions!!!

I thought it was the Gas Station in Hummelstown, but then I re-read: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html where it states "On the Saturday night before she disappeared, Kortne parked her car at a gas station before traveling to Harrisburg with friends in a different vehicle. The friend who returned home with her was a designated driver of another friend’s vehicle, and they dropped that friend off in Palmyra before returning to Kortne’s. "

Great questions!

I'm beginning to think it was someone other than CP or neighbor.

I thought it was the Gas Station in Hummelstown, but then I re-read: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html where it states "On the Saturday night before she disappeared, Kortne parked her car at a gas station before traveling to Harrisburg with friends in a different vehicle. The friend who returned home with her was a designated driver of another friend’s vehicle, and they dropped that friend off in Palmyra before returning to Kortne’s. "

Great questions!

Ah, but there is still debate because the Gas Station is a place her two buddies hang out, and IIRC, MR said she called for a ride into town from either the bar or a gas station, and that's how they all hooked up that night. Plus, I am sure the gas station was already closed for any kind of minor car troubles on Saturday night.

Great questions!

Before returning to Kortne's apartment, or her vehicle?

been away for a couple of days... really hoped kourtne would be home by now. i would like to see dash cams from that evening of the last two calls... im just really curious as to kourtne taking off and then getting stopped on foot by the cops that had just been at her house looking for her.... im pro le, im not accusing the cops or anything, but something is off/missing that would/could point us in the right direction - maybe :/ mho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53